Start by marking “Sweet Mountain Rancher (Those Marshall Boys #2)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Mountain Rancher (Those Marshall Boys #2)

Sweet Mountain Rancher

(Those Marshall Boys #2)

HE CAN SAY NO TO EVERYONE BUT HER...

Nate Marshall used to be a yes-man... until being so agreeable cost him dearly. But Eden Quinn has a way of getting him to reconsider his "just say no" policy. Which is how a bunch of troubled teens end up at his ranch for the weekend. Nate can't help but be attracted to the woman who keeps them in line.

This cowboy knows Eden's no dams
Paperback, Large print, 385 pages
Published September 1st 2015 by Harlequin Heartwarming

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Mountain Rancher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Mountain Rancher

Start your review of Sweet Mountain Rancher (Those Marshall Boys #2)
Anita
Aug 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love feel good stories. This one definitely qualifies. Eden Quin works with troubled boys, giving them stability, hope and love. Nate Marshall is a rancher through and through. When Eden asks Nate if her boys can come to his ranch, the lone cowboy code goes out the door.

There were a multitude of characters in this book. I'm sure the ones from the previous books in the series would already be known to those who had read them. I have not and it kept me on my toes keeping everyone straight.

I appr
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)

I am a fan of Harlequin Heartwarming. Simply put, I know I can read this line of books and not worry about anything popping up that will make me cringe. I love that I can depend on the Heartwarming line to bring me sweet, clean romances.

I haven't read book one in this series, but I don't think one is dependent on the other. Individual people, individual stories.

I am a fan of Nate. In every situation, he is a gentleman. He is grounded and firm in who he is and what he is about. Nate is p
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
Loree Lough’s smooth and steady writing voice mixes perfectly with this heartwarming (pardon the tie-in there) story about a gentleman cowboy, a stressed-out but spunky heroine, and a houseful of boys in need of a new lease on life (the boys and the house). The attraction between Nate and Eden sparked immediately and simmered through the rest of the book – ebbing and flowing as the story took shape. The boys will tug at your emotions – one or two in particular – and will provide plenty of opport ...more
Janet Marie Dowell
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Eden Quinn cares boys no one else wants........ She is a very sweet girl with a troubled past of her own. I believe her past is the reason she is drawn to the boys. She knows what it feels like to feel alone.

Jake Marshall is a great guy who got hurt by someone he trusted. He grew up with a big and loving family on his family's ranch. Eden's boys spend a weekend at the ranch and Jake doesn't trust them because of their background. I think his mistrust comes from being hurt.

To find if Eden lets go
Jessica Figueroa
Shelves: arc, netgally
I really enjoyed this sweet and heartwarming book. I liked Eden's character is definitely is a fiercely independent women who would rather sell her possessions the take handouts from anyone. But shes a women who if she had to would suck up her pride if she had to, to help the boys in her care. I loved that she was caring enough to take in the boys she has and help them be better then what they were brought up. I liked the relationship between Nate and Eden even if she sometimes made things diffi ...more
Sherry
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 1/2
Nate Marshall isn't sure why he'd said yes to Eden Quinn. She is house-mom to a group of troubled boys and wants to take them to the Double M Ranch for some new experiences. Nate is surprised when he finds himself drawn to the boys but more importantly to their feisty guardian. Eden is attracted to Nate for lots of reasons but how he interacts with the boys makes him especially appealing. Nate observes the way she keeps the boys in line and how they respect her. When a problem arises that w
Books and Spoons
Sep 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
This story truly does warm your heart. The stories of the boys, their healing, learning, and living was interesting. How some people were willing to put everything out there to help them, to get an even footing in the life was commendable, admirable.
I love Nate, he is such a solid, good man. Always kind, considerate, helpful, and sweet. There's absolutely nothing not to like about him. How he went all out for Eden and the boys was wonderful, I wish there were more people like him in the world.
Ed
Thank you to Goodreads and the author for a free copy of Sweet Mountain Rancher!

This is a sweet, steady romance. And while it's technically the second book in a series, I made sense of it just fine without reading book one. There's nothing explicit or overly tense, the characters are sympathetic and realistic. In other words, this is exactly what I would expect from a heartwarming book line.

When I review romance books, I have a weird habit of picking one of the non-romantic aspects to talk about
Judy
Shelves: first-reads, romance
I received this book in a Goodreads First Reads giveaway. This is the second book in Those Marshall Boys series. While this book can be read as a stand-alone, I'm glad I read the first book prior to reading this one, because it gave me a lot of background on the Marshall family.

After being injured in a serious car accident that killed his fiancé, Nate Marshall came home to his family's Colorado ranch to settle down and be a cowboy. Then along comes Eden Quinn and the troubled teen boys that she
Tressia Avellar
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As is the case with ALL of the books I've read by Loree Lough, it was great from start to finish.

The way she writes about the struggles of Eden with each of the boys she has taken into her care and the dedication she shows as to making sure they get the best chance possible to change their lives for the better and prove to the world they are worth the effort to "save" them from their situations. It was great watching the story unfold and see how Nate's past experiences help the boys as well as h
Megan
I read the first book last month, but I don't think that it's necessary to read them in order.

I loved both Eden and Nate. I thought Eden's passion to help troubled boys was great. Nate is such a wonderful guy, I loved how he embraced the boys in Eden's care and helped them become better young men.

Some parts of the story felt as though they went on too long and then the ending felt a tad rushed. Regardless, I still really enjoyed this book and would recommend it to fans of clean contemporary ro
Babs
Shelves: romance
Sorry late with the review. But let me say what a book this was. Holy cow the kissing scenes alone will make you want to melt. Eden gives Nate a run for his money so to speak. Nate has a job trying to win her over and when she ask if her boys can come over to the ranch that does it for it.

The author does a great job with all the characters there are a few but easy to keep up with. I have not read the first book but I have heard a lot about it which helped a little but you won't be lost. I will g
Ann
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another good one from this author. The interaction between Nate, a rancher with a big heart, and Eden, a woman who runs a home for boys, definitely makes for a good story following their rocky relationship as Nate tries to win her heart and also give her the help and support she needs to keep a home for troubled boys. The author does a wonderful job of capturing the ups and downs of dealing with troubled young men and has written a story that I was pulled into from the first pages. I thoroughly ...more
Michelle
Syndi Powell
Mar 16, 2019
Melody Allen
Sep 20, 2017

• Mail Order Motherhood (Brides of Beckham, #8)
  • A Kingdom of Dreams (Westmoreland, #1)
  • The Accidental Guardian (High Sierra Sweethearts, #1)
  • Open Season
  • Cry No More
  • After the Night
  • Silver Lining
  • Undercover Protector (Undercover Justice #2)
  • Out of the Darkness (The Finnegan Connection #3)
  • Think of England (Think of England #1)
  • A Virgin River Christmas (Virgin River, #4)
  • Christmas in Snowflake Canyon (Hope's Crossing, #6)
  • A Willow Creek Christmas (Willow Creek, #6)
  • More than a Soldier (Forever a Soldier, #2)
  • Ride with Me
  • Just in Time for Christmas (Island Bliss, #4; Southern Born Christmas, #2; Magnolia Bay, #5)
  • Dream a Little Dream (Chicago Stars, #4)
  • A Cowboy to Keep (Canadays of Montana #4)
With the upcoming release of the books in her new Kensington series, bestselling author Loree Lough will have 121 books on the shelves (8,000,000+ copies in circulation). Her writing style has been compared to Nicholas Sparks and Mary Jo Putney, and readers and reviewers often call her “a gifted writer whose stories touch hearts and change lives.”

With a long list of industry awards, it isn't likel

Those Marshall Boys (3 books)
  • Once a Marine (Those Marshall Boys #1)
  • The Firefighter's Refrain (Those Marshall Boys, #3)

News & Interviews