Start by marking “Daddy Depot” as Want to Read:
Daddy Depot

Daddy Depot

Published May 16th 2017 by Feiwel & Friends

To ask other readers questions about Daddy Depot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daddy Depot

Emma Otheguy
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A perfect Father's Day read about a dad who is just right in spite of his funky dance moves, snoring, and goofy ties!
J.
Sep 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I read an early copy of this book via work, with no obligation to leave a personal review.

I love books about dads, and this one certainly has a fresh and fun hook, with a sweet message. The illustration style is not my personal favorite, but it's also fun and adds a lot to the story: namely, that your own dad is the best of all. Hooray!
Jason Gallaher
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is such a great take on what could happen when you get sick of Dad Jokes. I loved all the different types of dad's Stiefel includes in the Daddy Depot, and the frustrations a child can feel for her/his father are so authentic. This had me literally laughing out loud and saying "awwwwwwww" by the end.
Josh Stiefel
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I think that this is the most incredible picture book ever and I would highly recommend it for kids 3-6.
Ariel
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have a feeling any kid can understand Lizzie's desire to exchange a parent for one more fun - like rocker dad, or more exciting - like astro dad. But in the end, there's no dad like your own, especially when he breaks into a crazy dance. Chana Stiefel's original and sweet story matched with Andy Snair's funny and bright illustrations make for a wonderful book to be read by any father with their kids.
Katey Howes
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Kids will laugh out loud - and completely relate to this fun book. When her dad proves to be less-than-perfect, a young girl tries to exchange him at the Daddy Depot, but discovers that while different dads may seem better at first, her dad really is perfect for her.
Juliana Lee
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lizzie's dad watches too much football, tells the same lame jokes over and over, and falls asleep while she's talking. Then Lizzie finds out about the Daddy Depot where she can find the perfect dad. She takes her sleeping father to the Daddy Depot in her wagon and leaves him at the door while she shops for the perfect father. None seem just right for her, but she does find one that is perfect... her own dad!
Gretchen
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Daddy Depot is laugh-out-loud funny and sure to be a hot title in grade-school libraries.
When Lizzie tries to trade her not-so-perfect dad in for a better model at the Daddy Depot, she finds out he may just be the perfect dad for her after all. I imagine grade-school friends huddling together, giggling while sharing this book and stories about their not-so-perfect perfect dads.
Heather Preusser
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-pb
What child hasn't wanted to exchange a family member for a new-and-improved version? When Lizzie discovers Daddy Depot, the dad megastore, she finds out what's in store for her with Rocker Dad, Astro Dad, and Chef Dad. Ultimately, she discovers the perfect fit in the clearance section, creating a satisfying ending that comes with its own lifetime guarantee.
Abby
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hysterical and enjoyable read for all ages!!! Stiefel is an amazing author with brilliant ideas that truly show in this fun filled story! A must buy for Father's Day!!!
Annie Silvestro
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such a charming, fun book that celebrates dads everywhere!
Kerri Kokias
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cute story about a girl who has the opportunity to exchange her dad but learns that her dad is the perfect dad for her. Kid's will really appreciate the humor in this story.
Barbara
Ink and digital illustrations work well in this wryly humorous but telling story about a father who doesn't always live up to his daughter's expectations. It might be a good choice to share on Father's Day if a daddy has the right kind of attitude and doesn't mind being gently teased. Sadly, there are probably many youngsters out there who would give anything just to have some sort of father figure in their lives. In Lizzie's case, her dad tends to be preoccupied by watching football, telling th ...more
Dierdre
Feb 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Wow, I guess I'm in the minority of not loving this book. A young girl is tired of her dad's lame jokes, not paying enough attention to her, etc and brings him to Daddy Depot to exchange him for the perfect dad. As an adult reading this, the ending is completely predictable. Other reviewers think this is laugh out loud funny, but it didn't even make me chuckle. However, maybe children will laugh out loud. I am willing to test it on children in storytime to see their reaction and possibly change ...more
Kid Lit Reviews
Lizzie doesn’t really want to trade in dad for a newer model, but what more can she do? He spends an inordinate amount of time in front of the television watching sports programs. My dad was glued to sports on T.V. he would fall asleep, start snoring, and know when you try to change the channel.

When he is not doing that, her dad says embarrassing things whenever Lizzie’s friends are over. For example, after a sleepover, dad makes the girls pancakes for breakfast and says embarrassing things abou
Tricia
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
My daughter is at the lovely age where she sometimes gets very mad at her dad and I. When she does, she'll stomp her foot and shout "I WANT A NEW DAD!(or mom, I am not immune.)

So obviously this book is perfect for us. Lizzie's dad sometimes does things she doesn't like, like falling asleep when they cuddle, or watching football when she's trying to show him something! So she head to the dad depot to look for the perfect dad.... will she find one?

I think this would make a lovely addition to a F
Jessica Petersen
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A very cute and funny story about finding out what you already have is exactly what you want. My 7-year-old son was immediately hooked by the concept, and the funny dream dads in the book kept him laughing. This would make a great Father's Day/Christmas/birthday/new dad gift, but it would fun any time of the year.
Gaia Cornwall
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The silly premise is sure to get kids (even the grumpy ones) giggling. Who wouldn't relate to wanting to trade in your dad for a spiffier model? But the sweet ending hits home and reminds us all how great our very own dads are. You can probably guess its a wonderful Father's Day gift, but its a fun everyday read too!
Viviane Elbee
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a really funny book, celebrating fathers.

The kids laughed at the different kinds of dads she found in the mega store, and also had fun poring over the illustrations because Daddy was searching for his daughter throughout the store.
Darshana Khiani (Flowering Minds)
loved the story.
perfect for fathers & daughters
Jarrett Lerner
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A humorous and heartfelt celebration of dads, DESPITE all their foibles and flaws.
Peter McCleery
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
As a dad I really appreciated this book. It's about a girl who is fed up with her dad because she's just not getting enough attention from him. So what does she do? Goes shopping at Daddy Depot, a giant warehouse full of dads! How funny is that? It's a great premise that is played out perfectly with some great jokes (a clearance area!). What kid doesn't want to trade in for new parents once in awhile? There's also a nice message for dads in there. Be present and don't "check out."
Gina Perry
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A funny and smart picture book highlighting the not-always-easy, but loving relationship between dads and daughters. A fun read-aloud and I'm partial to the big illustration with ALL the depot dads. It's a great page to linger with your little readers, picking out all the types of dads.
Julie Walters
Sep 06, 2018
Amy
Nov 03, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Chana Stiefel is the author of more than 20 books for children. Her picture books include DADDY DEPOT (Feiwel & Friends, 2017) & MY NAME IS WAKAWAKLOCH (HMH, Spring 2018). Stay tuned for ANIMAL ZOMBIES! AND OTHER BLOODSUCKING BEASTS, CREEPY CRITTERS, AND REAL-LIFE MONSTERS, coming out from National Geographic Kids, August 28, 2018. Chana is represented by agent John M. Cusick at Folio Lite ...more