Start by marking “A Week of Mondays” as Want to Read:
A Week of Mondays

A Week of Mondays

When I made the wish, I just wanted a do-over. Another chance to make things right. I never, in a million years, thought it might actually come true...

Sixteen-year-old Ellison Sparks is having a serious case of the Mondays. She gets a ticket for running a red light, she manages to take the world’s worst school picture, she bombs softball try-outs and her class election
Published August 2nd 2016 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR)

To ask other readers questions about A Week of Mondays, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Week of Mondays

Alyssa
Jun 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-releases
***Review posted on The Eater of Books! blog***

A Week of Mondays by Jessica Brody
Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR)
Publication Date: August 2, 2016
Rating: 4 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

Maureen
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For me, this was like a better version of Before I Fall. Because i strongly dislike that book.
This book was so great and I loved the journey Ellie took to get to know herself and what she truly wanted. WE ALSO GET MY FAVE TROPE GOD BLESS AMERICA.
Overall, a really sweet read. I basically sped through it because it was addicting as HECK. definitely would recommend.
Norah Una Sumner
description

I’ve been a fan of Jessica Brody ever since I’ve read her phenomenal and heart-shattering Unremembered trilogy two years ago (Unremembered, Unforgotten, Unchanged reviews) so, naturally, I was SO excited when I’ve read the blurb for this contemporary young adult book. Yes, it does remind me of Before I Fall, but luckily for me I loved both of these books. I can honestly say that this is Jessica’s best book to this date. It was fun, heart-breaking, funny, heart-warming and just left me feeling al
Odette Knappers
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Oh, I love this book. It is a really cute concept, (this is not a spoiler it is on the back of the book and the essence of the story) to relieve a bad monday again. I can imagine her confusion the first day, her frustration another.. It is really well written. You really get inside her head, and I can see myself travelling the same train of thought. Also, for the Dutchies: the translation is done really well! And I love the Dutch cover :)

There is something else special for me to this book, but I
Stacee
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
We all know that I'm super particular about my contemps, but I loved the idea of this and plus it's Jessica, so I was sold.

Love love loved overachieving Ellie. She's smart and snarky and maybe a bit unsure of who she really is. By the end of the book, we've seen all sorts of Ellies and it's amusing to see who she tries to be and who she finally becomes. Tristan and Owen are both adorable for different reasons.

The plot is fun, especially seeing how Ellie's decisions change throughout the day. I
Jessica Khoury
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A WEEK OF MONDAYS is compulsively readable; I raced through its 400+ pages in a day and LOVED every minute! Couldn’t read it fast enough. Jessica Brody’s writing is addictive and engaging, truly a delight to savor!

Ellie is a wonderful heroine: funny, relatable, and believable, she guides us through her week of Mondays and their increasingly hilarious outcomes. Her reactions and dialogue had me giggling as I read! And I was definitely cheering for her, especially during the wholly satisfying fina
Camila Roy ••RoyIsReading••
RATING: 4/5

Wow this was good! I’d pretty much given up on high school books being more than fun/entertaining but this was surprisingly smart and different.

While reading I couldn’t stop thinking about how this would make a great movie! Sure it would be cheesy but I would watch it several times 😂. Props to the author for referencing The Breakfast Club😍
Josiemaus85
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Erwartungen erfüllt :)
Jaime Arkin
Jul 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you think your Monday’s are bad, you’ve got nothing on Ellison Sparks and her day from hell. A ticket for running a red light, a horrible school picture, messing up softball tryouts, a bombed election speech and then the cherry on top… her boyfriend suddenly dumping her all have her wishing she could just do the day all over again and get everything right… and keep Tristan from breaking her heart. So when she wakes up on what she thinks is Tuesday, it’s like déjà vu… until she realizes that i ...more
Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)
Sixteen-year-old Ellison Sparks is having the worse kind of Monday. She gets a ticket for running a red light, takes a really bad school picture, fails at her softball try-outs and her class election speech, and to top of the day, her boyfriend Tristan dumps her with a lame excuse.

Defeated Ellison thinks she can do better and wishes for a do-over, what she doesn’t expect was to experience the same day over and over again with a chance to make it better for herself.

This was cute and a bit of a re
Hilly
Aug 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary

Only Jessica Brody can man
Amy Leigh
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was cute! It was a quick read, only prolonged for me bc I am reading several books atm. It made me think of Groundhog Day. It was a different kind of coming of age story because she has to live the same day over & over to figure things out. Tristan was awful in my opinion.

Ellison has a terrible, terrible day. Everything that could did go wrong. She wakes up after making a wish to get a do over to find out that it's Monday again. She does everything she can to change the outcome ea
Serisop (Cioccolatoelibri)
Scrivere questa recensione mi costa un pezzo di cuore, così come mi è costato un altro pezzo di cuore finire di leggere questo libro.
Non ho altre parole con cui definirlo se non "meraviglioso".
"Odio i lunedì" di Jessica Brody non ha una trama che spicca per originalità - una giornata che si ripete finché la protagonista non agisce nel modo giusto, l'abbiamo già sentita giusto? -, ma sicuramente spicca per tante altre cose. Tantissime cose. Così tante cose che non sono riuscita a trovare neanche
alexandra ling
3.5/5 ♡ this book was adorable, entertaining, and fun, but also frustrating at times.

i'm not sure if i'm getting tired of YA romance, but this wasn't as enjoyable as i thought it'd be. the characters and situations felt as if they were taken out of a disney channel show. it made me laugh and smile at first, but after a while it became draggy. it was really unrealistic. but sometimes, you NEED those types of stories so i appreciated it nonetheless.

i love the concept and idea behind the plot. reli
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
An ARC of this title was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. My thoughts are my own.

Somehow, I have the entire Unremembered trilogy on my shelves and yet I've never read it. So, this was my first Jessica Brody novel. Not a bad place to start, though, because this book was all kinds of adorable. It's the kind of story that my fantasy-loving heart would have remarked upon as insubstantial a few years back, but now I find myself gravitating toward lighter, fluffier reads as
Olivia & Lori (The Candid Cover)
4.5 Stars

A Week of Mondays is quick and cute read for the summer. The concept is so unique and the main character is very relatable. One of my favourite things about the book is the epic friendship between Ellie and Owen. Everything about this book is so fun!

This book has such an interesting concept! Basically, it is about a girl who has the worst Monday ever. However, when she wakes up the next day (and each day after that for an entire week), she gets the chance to fix everything. I loved read
Vivian
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dit is echt zo'n boek dat ik verrassend leuk vond! Kleurrijk, vrolijk, veelzijdig en origineel: voorspelbaar, maar wel goed doordacht. Lekker feelgood! Uitgebreide recensie: http://thebookreview.nl/recensies/you...
Evelyn Evertsen Romp
toen dit boek verscheen, wist ik instinctief dat ik m móest hebben. en: wat een geweldig boek is dit. heb er zo langzaam mogelijk in gelezen, want wilde echt niet dat het op zou zijn. ik kon wel raden hoe het ongeveer zou gaan eindigen, maar dat was ook meteen het enige dat eraan te voorspellen viel.
ellison maakt van die echt logische keuzes, ze reageert altijd zoals een echt, normaal denkend mens zou reageren. ik kon iedere keer volledig meegaan met wat zij deed of zei.
ik vond het een erg grap
E.
Schattig. Grappig. Een tikkie voorspelbaar, maar wel keifijn.
Susan van der Staaij
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-reader
Lief, leuk enorm voorspelbaar! Heerlijk soms ietsjes te lang en verveeld maar wat hou ik hiervan!
Ivonne Rovira
Jul 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: tweens who like this kind of thing
Recommended to Ivonne by: NetGalley
Shelves: cookbooks
Take the 1993 film Groundhog Day, move it to an upper-middle-class high school, and substitute pretty, plucky 16-year-old Ellison “Ellie” Sparks for cynical, narcissistic Bill Murray, and you have Jessica Brody’s A Week of Mondays.

It had so many possibilities: a YA remake of a hilarious classic. Brody uses the titles of classic songs for each chapter, a very clever touch. It could have been great. But the laughs are few, and the clichés are many: plucky overachiever Ellie, dreamy blond boyfrien
Michelle (Pink Polka Dot Books)
Sep 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tbr-2016
Cute x's 100. I love Jessica Brody so much for how she gives us these adorable stories and characters.

I am a big Jessica Brody fan. BIG. Every book that I've read of hers makes me feel happy and good-- plus they just flow and come together with perfection.

I wanted to read this when it came out, but somehow it got overlooked. This might be a post for another day, but it got me thinking about how I really need to stop overlooking the cute, fun books for the intense thrillers or serious subject boo
Ann
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
I received a free copy of the ebook from NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion. Largely that boils down to a book with good intentions (be true to yourself!), and possibly one that could be a fun beach read for someone looking for something predictable and fluffy, but which did not rise high in my esteem.

(view spoiler)
Brittany (The Book Addict's Guide/Novelly Yours)
Initial Impressions 7/30/16: 3.75 - 4 stars
It started off a bit too cutesy and still remained light/fun throughout but the ending was just perfection. I loved the Groundhog Day feel and the book was easy to breeze through! It was my first contemporary from Jessica Brody (I read her sci-fi trilogy, Unremembered) and it was fun! A bit too goofy at times for me but it was a really cute book.

Full review as originally posted HERE on The Book Addict's Guide 8/2/16: It's Groundhog Daaayyy! (I hope you
KirstReads
Sep 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Toen ik voor het eerst van dit boek hoorde wilde ik het niet meteen lezen. Ik hou niet echt van boeken over een meisje dat wanhopig is omdat ze problemen heeft met een jongen. Maar toen ik de voorkant zag trok het wel mijn aandacht. Men zegt wel eens 'Don't judge a book by it's cover.' Maar in dit geval was het wel iets positiefs. Ik zag het boek in de boekenwinkel liggen en ik ben het meteen gaan lezen. Vanaf de eerste zin vond ik het gelijk al leuk. Helaas had ik toen nog geen geld om het boek ...more
Andi (Andi's ABCs)
This review was originally posted on Andi's ABCs
I admit at first I wasn’t sure if this book would work. After reading the same day twice I was scared the book would run out of steam by the time I got to the 4th Monday. Instead I was pleasantly surprised. The days didn’t get boring and monotonous, they got more and more interesting. They became a way for Ellison to find out who she really was and see how capable she was to do things. That is what I really liked about Mondays. With Ellison not hav
Adrien They/Them
This book is awesome! It made me feel like I couldn't put it down! Story opens with 16 year old Ellison having a terrible Monday at school. Her day gets worse when she shows up to the school carnival and her boyfriend, Tristan Wheeler, is super bummed because his band, whack-a-mole, can't get a gig on the stage. Ellison gets really sad because she didn't get a kiss at the the top of the Ferris wheel like she's dreamed about getting since she was 10 years old. Ellison goes home to her room and wi ...more
Joany Vries
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dit boek deed me denken aan een John Hughes film; grappig, romantisch, een tikkeltje voorspelbaar maar tevens hopeloos verslavend! Na het lezen van dit boek zou ik zelf ook wel in zo'n tijdlus terecht willen komen zodat ik het boek keer op keer opnieuw voor de eerste keer kan lezen.
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
Adorable. Funny. Romantic.
I guess you can see from the five stars that I loved the crap outta this book. Full review to come!!
Amélie
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh mein Gott 😍
Dieses Buch ist die lustige bzw „leichtere“ Version von „Wenn du stirbst, zieht dein ganzes Leben an dir vorbei“! Gehört ab jetzt eindeutig zu meinen Lieblingsbüchern ❤

• Azar o seu!
  • A Tale of Two Proms (Bard Academy, #4)
  • Anya and the Shy Guy (Backstage Pass #4)
  • A Royal Birthday: A False Princess Short Story
  • Kissing Frogs
  • My Date From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy, #2)
  • Daisy and the Front Man (Backstage Pass, #3)
  • Bitterroot Crossing
  • Reign Fall (Demon Princess #3)
  • Nowhere Else But Here
  • More Than a Love Song (Heartside Bay, #3)
  • Anjo da Morte (Os Karas, #3)
  • My Fairly Dangerous Godmother (My Fair Godmother, #3)
  • The Queen's Lady (The Lacey Chronicles, #2)
  • The Impossibility of Tomorrow (Incarnation, #2)
  • Losing Logan (Losing Logan, #1)
  • Perdida (Perdida #1)
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
Jessica Brody knew from a young age that she wanted to be a writer. She started self “publishing” her own books when she was seven years old, binding the pages together with cardboard, wallpaper samples, and electrical tape.

After graduating from Smith College in 2001 where she double majored in Economics and French and minored in Japanese, Jessica later went on to work for MGM Studios as a Manager
“The truth is, we are never just one thing. We all have many titles and many labels, but far too often, we get trapped inside a single definition. The Teacher's Pet, the Rule Follower, the Cheerleader, the Athlete, the Princess, the Basket Case, the Criminal... the Rock Star's Girlfriend. Whether we wrote that definition or it was given to us, it somehow becomes our only identity. We get so lost in it that we forget about all the other pieces that make up who we are.” 10 likes
“It’s like I became so obsessed with doing things right, I forgot to enjoy them.” 8 likes