Start by marking “Under Suspicion (Friday Barnes #2)” as Want to Read:
Under Suspicion (Friday Barnes #2)

Under Suspicion

(Friday Barnes #2)

Friday Barnes, girl detective, is... under arrest?!

Getting arrested was the last thing Friday expected after solving the swamp-yeti mystery at her boarding school. But she better clear her name fast! Shes got new cases to investigate, like a scandalous quiche bake-off, a decades old mystery buried in her schools backyard, and why the new boy, Christopher, is being so nice
Published August 9th 2016 by Roaring Brook Press (first published January 2nd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Under Suspicion, please sign up.

Start your review of Under Suspicion (Friday Barnes #2)
T.J. Burns
My daughter and I loved this second book in the Friday Barnes series even more than the first. Friday's eccentric, quirky personality shines through as she develops more self-confidence and gets used to being in the spotlight. Friday's extensive vocabulary as she spits out interesting conglomerations of facts and information annoys everyone on her campus, but thoroughly entertained us!

One complaint I do have to make is that girls in this series do not get a good rap. Friday is socially inept and
Bookish Devil
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ladies and Gentlemen, It's an honor for me to present you Friday Barnes A.K.A The Lady Sherlock Holmes.

Cruth
Author: R.A. Spratt
First Published: 1-1-2015
Length: 260 pages

The Friday Barnes books are a hidden gem. They have yet to reach the potential they deserve - contemporary classic - yet slowly they claw a readership as word-of-mouth spreads.

They don't talk down to children. They don't strive to maintain a limited vocabulary, instead extending and challenging. They have a lovely humour and lyricism that lends itself to being read aloud in a class or by the bed. The MC, Friday Barnes, is female
Eva
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Meet Friday Barnes, she's the smartest person in her school.
Friday is also the best detective in the school and out of the school.
Her school is Highcrest Academy it's a school for really rich people.
In the second book a new kid comes to the school.
I loved this book because it was interesting and it had lots of fun problems
that Friday needed to solve.
The first book was given to me by a special person, she is on Good Reads too her name is Zia Chooky.
It toke me less than a week to read this book.
Melia
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I gave this book four stars because I liked how every page you read changes your thoughts. Friday Barnes is a girl who solved a bank robbery and get a 100,000 dollar reward she uses the money to enroll herself in the best private school in the country and to make money at the school she solves mystery's for her peers and even teachers.When she hears that a criminal escaped and is on the lose she believes she can uncover the culprit.
alissa
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-aloud
This series continues to be excellent!
Maisy Neal
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Under suspicion was a great book and I loved it so much I finished it in 4 days. I really think you should read it. I loved and I hope you do too.

Friday Barnes Under Suspicion
300 pg
Linda Klinedinst
This book is so good...I dearly love this book. Some parts of the Story is hilarious and I was laughing out loud. This is a really good Mystery and its for ages 11 - 15 years of age group. I love reading Books of this age level because they are clean, funny, real good mysteries.

I give this Book 5/5 Stars here on Goodreads. I would highly recommend this Book to anybody that loves to read Mysteries.

The next Book is coming out in January of 2017. I am going to collect these books. They are my
Anne Beardsley
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yeah, the big cliff-hanger from the last book? Cleared up in less than a chapter.
-1 star for yanking my chain, R.A. Spratt!

Other than that, I loved it.

It's funky, episodic, chaotic, ... and just plain fun. I had a pleased smile on face all through it. And was sorry when it ended. What can I say?
Wit covereth a multitude of sins?
I wish the library had more in stock?

Friday Barnes - socially inept, brilliant, pragmatic, and a little bit lonely - is a great character, and a very memorable one.
Maya
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
J. Peters
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series continues to impress and entertain!

I picked up the first book after thinking it looked interesting while shelving it at the library. It quickly became one of my favorites of the year, due to it's charming characters and exceptionally witty prose. Right from the start, it went about bucking cliches and poking fun at conventional story approaches, since Friday literally sends herself to boarding school, rather than being sent there as a form of punishment. Using money that she won by
Cheriee Weichel
Mostly I liked this mystery. Someone is digging holes all over the grounds of the private school Friday attends. As Friday solves mini mysteries throughout the book, the holes create their own kind of chaos and seem to make no sense to anyone, not even Friday.
I mostly love the strange ironic humour that flavours the book and had me laughing out loud a time or two. Here's a sample:
"Friday turned to Melanie, but shed already dropped off to sleep again. Friday could see why Melanie never got in
The Keepers of the Books
Friday has her hands full with her latest cases. First, shes accused of terrorism. Then, she has to solve a case regarding a bake-off and a home economics class. To top it off, a case involving a stolen necklace and an escaped maximum security prisoner plague her cases as well. Will she solve her cases or she in above her head?

Similar to Encyclopedia Brown and Sherlock Holmes, Friday is a genius detective with spunk. Shes an engaging, entertaining character that is well developed and likable.
Allison
Dec 31, 2018 rated it did not like it
This series had potential as a good read for reluctant middle grade readers. The quirky main characters were interesting, even if the adults were caricatures. The main character is a female Encyclopedia Brown and is fun to read about. What drove me absolutely crazy that I could mostly ignore in book 1 but not book 2 was the ridiculous, "He's secretly in love with her" every time most boy characters were mentioned. I would have been more disgusted then I am as an adult when I was at the target ...more
Fatima
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another brilliant episode in the life of amateur detective, Friday Barnes. Just as clever, just as smart, just as hilarious as the first one. I have to say I didnt enjoy the mystery as much as the one in the first book, but overall, still a really wonderful, quick, fun read. These books really are just so much fun, and I adore all the characters. Special mentions go to Melanie, Ian, Mrs. Cannon, and the Headmaster. They are endlessly entertaining. Friday is wonderful, and so honest and ...more
Erin
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such a fun romp! I discovered the Friday Barnes series yesterday, and I've already read the first two books, and have the next three piled by me, ready to go. I love Friday's logical yet innocent outlook on the world, and her difficulty reading social nuances (which make for funny moments, with friends and adults mostly understanding and supporting her, rather than putting her down). They're a bit of a Famous Five x Malory Towers feel, only with dryer wit and a great pace. I suspect I'll have ...more
Kevin Thomas Barnes
I enjoyed this book more than the first one. The characters are more rounded and the pace was just right. The book flowed in a very sweet way. I got more of a day to day feel. Miss Barnes does it again, in trouble one minute and out the next with logic and one can only say a little lack of tack. Sad about the hat. A very good read for any age but a great one for those who are about her age. I say enjoy!
Sofia
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Honestly, the series of Friday Barnes is really amazing because of the smartness of Friday, almost everytime I felt really surprised by Friday's ability in solving the case in her school, Highcreast academy. I do ship Ian with Friday because they do things well together, also the way how they always help each other out. I do recommend this book and series to the ones (girls mainly) who really enjoyed to read detective stories
Ruby
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this follow up to the first book, lots of fun new characters and a fun plot line, some interesting stuff happens and the mysteries are not as carefree as in the first book, but never the less still full of good times.
The ending is a bit f a shock and I honestly did not see it coming.
My god daughter and I both really enjoyed this book.
Amanda
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ok, the twist in this one I saw and solved, but I still loved this one just as much as the first. And now I'm gobbling down the third one. Seriously, this character and her friends just crack me up! I will be recommending this whole series to all of my patrons.
Brie
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I won this book in a Goodreads First Reads contest.

I have given it to a young reader who just discovered this series. She was so excited to get the second book in the series and told me I "was way cool" for giving her the book. I hope she enjoys it.
Mel
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect for independent upper primary readers and beyond with fabulous characters, interesting storylines and humour. From a brilliantly funny Aussie author, the series is set in a boarding school of the mystery detective-style genre.
Vanessa
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SOOOOO Good!!! This book shows how intelligent Friday is once again. Ian Wainscott and Friday Barnes are no longer enemies, and Ian confesses the reason why he hated her so much. But just like the first book, the ending opens up another question. Can't wait to read the next book in series!
Samadhi
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a wonderful mystery with a plot that keeps on thickening. Friday is so smart, but everyone has a weakness. What I like about her, though, is that she keeps that weakness as a part of her to make her unique. Wonderful, and humorous at the same time.
Darla
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love everything about the Friday Barnes series -- Friday's attention to detail and her lack of social skills, the supporting characters, the artwork and the mini mysteries sprinkled throughout to support the main plot. Great pacing and character development along with some quirky situations.
Kirsty
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay this is still cliched. But its really damn funny, like I chuckle out loud to myself. The whole Melanie shipping Ian and Friday and also taking unnecessary naps, all the teachers loathing Friday while simultaneously needing her help and all the hatred about exercise. It's pretty good.
Bella
i read this when i was younger and it was good for that age
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the first one so much I had to keep going. An Encyclopedia Brown for todays reading girl. ...more
The Teacher's Library
Maybe it's been too long since I read the first book - I LOVED this one! I laughed out loud too many times :)

review to come (eventually) on https://www.theteacherslibrary.org
Phil Arnold
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

Love this book perfect in every way ,every tiny detail explained each book ending with yet another plot twist.Flawless
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Whispers in the Walls (Scarlet and Ivy, #2)
  • Withering-By-Sea (A Stella Montgomery Intrigue, #1)
  • Look Into My Eyes (Ruby Redfort, #1)
  • Wormwood Mire (A Stella Montgomery Intrigue, #2)
  • Catch Your Death (Ruby Redfort, #3)
  • Take Your Last Breath (Ruby Redfort #2)
  • The Lights Under the Lake (Scarlet and Ivy #4)
  • Blink and You Die (Ruby Redfort #6)
  • Feel the Fear (Ruby Redfort #4)
  • Soon
  • Best. Night. Ever.: A Story Told from Seven Points of View
  • The Lost Twin (Scarlet and Ivy #1)
  • Kensy & Max: Disappearing Act
  • The Curse in the Candlelight (Scarlet and Ivy, #5)
  • The Extremely Inconvenient Adventures of Bronte Mettlestone (Kingdoms & Empires, #1)
  • Alice-Miranda at School
  • The Star Outside my Window
  • After
R.A. Spratt is an award-winning author and television writer. She lives in Bowral, Australia with her husband and two daughters.

Friday Barnes (8 books)
  • Girl Detective (Friday Barnes #1)
  • Big Trouble (Friday Barnes #3)
  • No Rules (Friday Barnes #4)
  • The Plot Thickens (Friday Barnes #5)
  • Danger Ahead (Friday Barnes #6)
  • Bitter Enemies (Friday Barnes #7)
  • Never Fear (Friday Barnes #8)