Start by marking “Waiting for Clark” as Want to Read:
Waiting for Clark

Waiting for Clark

Dear Author,
My friends and I love cosplay, and this year we’re going all out for our city’s con. Yup, we’re going to go as members of the Justice League. I’m going as Batman, but I can’t figure out who’s going as a Superman. My friends are being a little cagey. What’s going on? How did I go from not knowing who Superman is to making out with the guy?

Photo Description:
In a
Published June 7th 2015 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Waiting for Clark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Waiting for Clark

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

And this, my friends, is why Annabeth Albert has become one of my auto-read authors.

What a FUN & CREATIVE interpretation of the prompt!

Waiting for Clark is one SWEET, SEXY story about estranged best friends reconnecting after half a decade apart.

He tasted like the memory of all my favorite things. Sunshine. Coffee. Laughter. Cinnamon. Clark. Mainly that. He tasted like Clark and that made him automatically my favorite flavor on earth.

Bruce Bryce and Clark, dressed up as Batman and
Dalia
Jun 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable and adorable geeky read. I totally love the photo prompt of Superman and Batman kissing!

2nd read: 22-06-2016
.Lili.
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing

What a great little treat this was!!!

*Friends to lovers ✔
*Second chance romance ✔
*Steamy ✔
*Low angst, feel good story ✔
*Humor ✔
*Great characters!!! ✔

Can't gush enough! This is freebie from the M/M Romance group but I would've happily paid for it. I can't wait for more books from Annabeth Albert. 5 Stars!!!

Alvin

I love free reads, and for those who didn't know, I have been reading Superman & Batman fanfics. I love the "World's Finest" getting it on! Le sigh.

That's why I'm expecting to love this...............................

AND I DID! :D

Fluffy, yearnful, nerdy, awesomesauce.

Just don't get too much annoyed by the stubbornness of Bryce and Clark. You'll live.

4 STARS!

Download link:

PS:
We should have hot gay MAINSTREAM superheroes. I hope one who has the guts cre
Sara
I am in love. So in love with this story and I have the stupidest grin on my face from it.

This read like a romantic comedy movie, which is one of my most favorite genres where I curl up hugging my pillow and fall in love with the characters and cheer them on while I gush, cringe and swoon over their romance. GAH!

The author NAILED the prompt. NAILED IT and that picture, the scene with the picture was full swoon worthy that I looked like one of those girl birds from the Looney Tunes cartoons w
Ann
Oh story, I love you! This sweet tale spoke to all the geekery that I love without overdoing it and taking away from the reconnection between the two MC's.

Man, I really can't wait for Comic Con this year. I'm totally going to be looking for these two the whole time I'm there.
Tara♥
Jun 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
I now have an overwhelming desire to go on a Batman/Superman fan fic binge.

"I'd wanted to know what he tasted like for years now, but in that instant I realized I'd known all along: he tasted like the memory of all my favorite things."

This was very sweet, really clever and rather hawt. Bryce made me want to punch him a few times but he was afraid of losing more people he loved so I guess he can be forgiven, I just think that his reasoning for falling out with Clarke was flawed and unfair but it
Ele
*4.5 stars*

YES! Annabeth Albert picks up a prompt with a cartoon picture of Batman and Superman kissing. It's bound to be awsome, right?

This is a story for second chances. Bryce and Clark, or Batman and Superman (<-------see what she did there?), were college roommates and best friends. They always had amazing chemistry but acted on it only once and shared a kiss. But Clark had just gotten an amazing scholarship and had to leave, so things between them ended on a bad note, along with the fri
Trisha Harrington
This was amazing!

I was expecting a cute story that I would love, but I didn't know I would love it this much. It's going straight onto my favorites list.

Bryce and Clark were friends in college. But one kiss changed everything and things haven't been the same since. Bryce hardened his heart against Clark. But Clark, after five years apart, wants his friend back and for them to maybe become more.

The tattoos totally fit who he was, and I wanted to spend hours tracing them with my tongue. All man.
♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣
He smelled different. Not the aggressive, mountain-scented soap he'd favored in college, but something more expensive - a subtle herb-laced scent that tickled my nose and made me want to nuzzle him all over to find its origin. Hair product? Bodywash? I was game for a full-body scan.

I mean, come awwwwwn! You simply cannot go wrong with this.

This has a lovely cadence to it, a rhythm that skips and then ambles, all the time keeping pace. A few hiccups, a couple of skips in the record were all that
Argona
I enjoyed reading this story so much that I can’t bring myself to give it anything less than 5 stars. It’s not an epic story with a complicated plot or something like that. It’s just a short, sweet and adorable story and I had a lot of fun reading it. I was hooked from the very first page and I think Superhero fans would enjoy this story the most. What made this story so perfect and fun for me was the similarities Bryce and Clark had to the actual Batman and Superman. Bryce is dark and grumpy on ...more
Ami

Friends-To-Lovers. Reunited (and a touch of "the one who got away") theme. Mutual Pining. NERD ARMY!!

From the moment I saw the prompt photo (and the author who snagged it), this was one of the prompts that I was excited about. And it delivered to my expectation and so much more. I love friends-to-lovers stories. LOVE THEM! They have better chance to make me feel happy compared to enemies-to-lovers theme. Albert did a very great job in this one.

Bryce and Clark reunited again after seve
Renée
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Now this was my favorite of the LOR stories so far this year. It's the one I've enjoyed reading the most by far! There was another that came close, but didn't have near the character development that this one did.

Ms. Albert is just awesome. How she managed to get so creative with the picture, complete the amount of character development she did, and tie together the best friends to strangers to lovers story in so few pages.....

I bow down to her. This was the cutest prompt and picture. And Bryce/
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“Sometimes you just have to don the cape and pray you fly.” Clark laughed, a lot of relief tingeing his voice. “But I think it’s easier when you have a partner.”

Boys and girls, stop what you are doing and read this. This is just such a great book and truly it needs to be read right now. I freaking loved it, so very much.

Thanks to all the Group members who provided awesome prompts with lovely pictures, the authors for writing free stories based on those prompts for all of us to read for free a
☆ Todd
Jun 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mine
I only have time for a quick and dirty review this time, sorry.

This book was a lot of fun for a quick 77 page read.

And, as part of the Love is an Open Road 2015 series, also a free one.

The characters were extremely-well developed and the few sexy scenes were pretty hot.

Okay for *someone* unleashing their gruff inner bottom.

The Comic Con scenes were okay for me, but my favorite part was Clark's confession of love.
“That’s the sex talking—”
Uhhh, no, it wasn't. : )

4.25 solid *volcano-scene* st
R * A Reader Obsessed *
4.5 Stars

This resonated with me something fierce.

Best friends Clark and Bryce have pretty much loved each other from the start, but they had their own reasons or excuses for not taking that next step to make themselves truly happy. One fateful night they kiss and in order to save their friendship, they stop - only to lose each other anyways to circumstance that separates them for 5 years.

I loved this pure and simple.

Clark returns and they circle and dance, deflect and avoid - afraid to really
Breann
4.5

Cute prompt, cute pic, cute story!

Oh, Clark and Bryce put a big, stupid grin on my face. I was completely charmed by their nerdtastic ways.

The friends to lovers was perfectly done. In such a short story, I felt all the chemistry from their past and definitely felt all their tension in the present. These stubborn fools were so obviously made for each other, I couldn't wait for them to freaking kiss already!

Lots of tension, lots of cuddles, lots of hotness. Made for one heck of an enjoyable st
Justin
Loved the prompt but I was not sure that this type of story would appeal to me. WRONG! It was fantastic!

I'll admit, In the beginning I wasn't a fan of Bryce. Then it was Clark that was ticking me off. But by the end the author not only made me care about both MCs, she also made me want an HEA for them. All of this plus SMOKING HOT S.E.X. in just 77 pages!

Also, thank you to the author for not giving us unnecessary angst. I was preparing to be pissed off when Bryce left on the motorcycle. I just
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4.5 Stars***

Yes! Yes! Yes! Annabeth Albert gave me all the friends to lovers feels that I love about this trope. The pining, the fear of ruining the friendship, the shared history, the undeniable chemistry. I got it all!

Absolutely loved this!!

And here's the picture that inspired it all ♥ ♥ ♥

Feb 11, 2016 rated it liked it

Superhero capes swishing in the wind, friends, games, love and more!

Former roommates and best friends, Clark and Bryce, are united after five long years to battle the forces and crowds at the local Comic Con. Oh—reunited in costume too! :D Batman and Superman! These guys were friends that longed for more back in the day. Will they get a second chance at love now? Tension and chemistry push and pull at Clark and Bryce creating fun banter and ooh-la-la sexiness. Throw in a Red Dwarf shout out of l
Bev

This was cute, liked it a lot, and Clark had my permission to smack Bryce upside the head several times, but as far as cosplay and Comic-Con stories are concerned, nothing can live up to Bad Idea (Itch #1) by Damon Suede for me I'm afraid. 4 stars, and many thanks Annabeth for the freebie.
Lori
Shelves: dritc-2015, 2015
I adored this, all of it - from the prompt to the cover to the beautiful story. A must read for fans of friends to lovers!
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Nov 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Bravo to Annabeth Albert, this is one of the sweetest romances I've ever read. Two best friends reuniting and dealing with the hurt caused by their parting five years previous. I loved the nerdiness, I loved each character's unique quirks, I loved the emotional barriers that Bryce and Clark had to overcome to get their HEA. The revelation scene at the end is one of the best I've ever read. The only drawback to this story is that it isn't longer.

P.S. This is free on Amazon right now.
Gigi
I didn't like this one nearly as much a my GR friends. I didn't feel the connection between the MCs and thought Bryce was a stubborn fool and never redeemed himself in my eyes. But I still recommend this one for fans of friends-to-lovers and it is a nice addition to the fabulous Love is an Open Road library.
Kristan
Oh. My. God.

description

I think I'm in love. Because this story? This story has everything I love. I'm a sucker for best friends to lovers; add in two sexy guys; one with tats, a second chance, and geeks?! I'm gone.

description

Bryce and Clark were best friends and college roommates for years, secretly pining for the other but never having the courage to say anything. Until one fateful night when they kiss and everything goes to pot. Clark would be leaving within a month, and starting a relationship wasn't in the car
Natasha
Jun 08, 2015 rated it liked it
2.5 rounded up for freenesss!

Thanks to the author for participating in the event. :)

I think if this story would've been YA and had the sexy stuff taken out, it might've been more effective. To me. These characters felt very young, and their actions and misunderstandings over the course of 5 years was a little melodramatic.
Some of the banter was quite cute, though, while other bits felt a little forced due to the random pop-ups of unrelated geek knowledge for any reason other than a geek knowled
Ula'ndi Hart
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
Overall book rating: 4.2
Audio Book: N/A
Book Cover: 2

Now who wouldn't like this? Grumpy Batman and a sexy Man of Steel. Not much to say then is there? Thank you Annabeth Albert! ;-)
You made me smile.
Lenore
3.5 stars rounded up because this was delicious. It ticked all my boxes.

Off to read more by this author.
Meep
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dritc-event-2015
Thanks to the author for participating and offering this freebie. Regardless of rating that's appreciated.

There's a lot to love in this story - The Nerd Army, muscley big shouldered guys in super-hero costumes, a great sense of friendship. Really wanted to like it but unfortunately I must be broken - apply caffiene and reboot now!

Alternative povs meant the story got drawn out more than need be, I got bored and gave up at about 60% no longer able to keep the pov characters straight in my head.

The
wesley
"I'm a sucker for clear consonants and low tones. I used to volunteer to do all the data entry on our group projects just so Bryce would have to read to me. Even long lists of numbers sounded sexy as hell coming from his mouth."

I just about died laughing when Clark said that. Gawd! There's just something about two alphanerds getting it on that pushes my right buttons. But two alphanerds in tights? I'm completely sold. Take my money! I'm a sucker for second chances and this is just one of tho

• Lima Oscar Victor Echo and The Truth About Everything
  • The Forest Savage
  • Game On (Game On, #1)
  • Geeking Out on 11C
  • Moondrop
Frequent tweeter, professional grammar nerd, and obsessive reader, Annabeth Albert is also a Pacific Northwest romance writer in a variety of subgenres.

Emotionally complex, sexy, and funny stories are her favorites both to read and to write. In between searching out dark heroes to redeem, she works a rewarding day job and wrangles two toddlers.
“lied so hard my molars ached. “Well,” 0 likes