Start by marking “Every Vow She Breaks (Who's Watching Now, #3)” as Want to Read:
Every Vow She Breaks (Who's Watching Now, #3)

Every Vow She Breaks

(Who's Watching Now #3)

A promise can follow you to the grave... Claire Templeton is drawn to the majestic beauty of the California Redwoods in the hopes of capturing an unexplained phenomenon on camera. What she doesn't expect is to run into her first love, Jed Lafferty, the boy she worshipped as a child, the man she's never been able to forget.

Carefree, fun-loving Jed doesn't believe in fate, p

Published March 1st 2016 by Lyrical Press

To ask other readers questions about Every Vow She Breaks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Every Vow She Breaks

Start your review of Every Vow She Breaks (Who's Watching Now, #3)
Alison Henderson
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This story has the perfect balance of suspense and romance. There were several plausible suspects for the exceptionally creepy stalker, so his identity wasn't apparent too early. The romance had a lovely "second chance" theme with a believable conflict between two people with very different ideas of what they want from life. I loved the California redwoods setting, and the subplot of Sasquatch hunters was a fun addition.
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Jed Lafferty has decided to go off the grid for a while and explore what the world has to offer, which takes him to California to camp and hike in the Redwood Mountains. Before heading to his camp spot he stops in at a local diner for a bite to eat, and gets the surprise of his life. He has often wondered what happened to the little neighbor girl that use to follow him around mesmerized by his every move. Her family never stuck around in one spot for long and moved away, and he never saw her aga ...more
Brenda Whiteside
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Gallant’s stories are usually set in northern California, as is this book which takes place in the majestic Redwoods. She puts us there nicely. And then tosses in a twist because we’re on the search for Big Foot. While heroine is hoping to catch the unexplained on camera, the love from her past recaptures her heart. The story turns sinister, and you’re sure to enjoy this suspenseful romance. Recommended.
Donna Repsher
Mar 03, 2016 rated it liked it
I received an ARC of this novel in exchange for an honest review and here it is: 3.5 stars

When Claire, a nature photographer/journalist, bumps into a gorgeous hunk at a diner in Shady Grove, CA, where she lived as a child, he seems familiar, and he is. He's a boy she had a mad crush on when she was nine years old, Jed Lafferty. When they get to talking he learns that she's in the area to photograph the giant redwoods and combine with with an article about a group of scientists and researchers ca
Books and Spoons
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
To run into the biggest crush of your younger days, and to find out, he is single, hotter than ever, and a nice guy, and you both are going to be in the same location for a few days - sounds like fun, right?! But then, you run into your ex, and not only one, but another, and... Things get rather uncomfortable and awkward after a while.
And to make matters even worse, it seems one of the old flames is still holding on a torch for you, and rather odd, stalker way, leaving you messages and gifts tha
Paula
Feb 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am in awe of the scenery each books in this series with Every Vow She Breaks being no different. In this third of the series Jannine Gallant takes us into the Redwood Mountains. Speaking of the series as a whole, I am unsure if the Who's Watching Now name for the series refers to the one who is protecting the heroine or if it is because some is stalking (watching) the heroine. No matter, it is still just good reading.

Someone this time is stalking Claire. I really enjoyed that the author did no
Shanice Singh
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks, wishlist
I love how each title in this series is from a song. This book deals with a broken vow and brings a variety of possible suspects. The reader is keep on edge throughout the novel. Claire has made a vow and broken it. And now she's going to pay. But the question is who is the guy leaving her threatening messages? Her ex-husband? Her ex-boyfriend who she once thought she would marry? Her cheating ex who she was going to marry? Or is it just some crazy person who is obsessed with her? This book was ...more
Bette Hansen
Feb 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a suspense filled story of broken promises, unnerving threats, and an old love that flames again. Jed and Claire knew each other as kids and were fast friends. When her vagabond father moves the small family again, Claire is sure she'll never see Jed again. Now after almost 20 years she runs into him in a small diner deep in the Redwood Mountains. Both are set for camping in the mountains so they decide to spend the time together. As their relationship begins to blossom, threats against ...more
Bec
Feb 28, 2016 rated it really liked it

Review Posted at HarlequinJunkie.com

Claire Templeton knows it’ll be a long shot to get the photos she needs for her article. Luckily, she has a back-up plan to ensure she has something to remember the unique adventure she’s on by. As a nature photographer, she’s determined to capture the regal beauty of some California Redwoods on film as well, if she’s unable to obtain the story she’s there for. However, it seems trouble has followed her when someone begins leaving her presents in the hopes she
Becky
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Not what I expected from the title, better and deeper. Very thrilling and suspenseful. So many culprits to choose from it will keep you guessing. The romance follows the usual pattern of ups and downs with a bout of major distrust in the middle. Perfect read for a weekend alone or a dark stormy night. Do you believe in Sasquatch?

THank you Netgalley for the ARC opportunity in exchange for my honest review.
Darcy Flynn
Apr 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Every Vow She Breaks did not disappoint! The setting is perfect for the stalker element and the “Bigfoot” subplot. ☺ I visited the California Redwoods last summer with my son, and so loved revisiting them in this page turning, romantic suspense. I love reunion stories where the heroine crushed on the hero during her childhood! Claire and Jed have a tangible chemistry that is delicious. I highly recommend Every Vow She Breaks.
Margo Hoornstra
Apr 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ever wonder whatever happened to the heartthrob who gave you your first, real kiss? Claire Templeton is lucky enough to find out, and be available, when Jed Lafferty strolls back into her life. Except another old flame is waiting to reclaim her and the love they once shared. This time, he won't take no for an answer. A great final book in a great series.
Bernie
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Every Vow She Breaks review

Another excellent romantic suspense book in the Who's Watching Now series written by author Jannine Gallant. This is the third story, would like to read more.
Glenda Bettin
Jul 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was an exciting series so now I must read more of this authors books
Judy Davis
Apr 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In “Every Vow She Breaks,” Jannine Gallant combines the suspense of a stalker with the romance of two people reuniting from younger days. Add the beauty of a California redwood forest, a dash of Bigfoot, and several other suspicious characters to keep you guessing who Claire’s stalker might be.

I liked the way Author Gallant added dimension to her story with the realistic careers she chose for her hero and heroine. Clare Templeton is a nomadic photographer who travels around to find the most bea
Marilyn Baron
Apr 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
You’ll be Watching This Author

“Every Vow She Breaks,” is a great ending to Jannine Gallant’s Who’s Watching Now Series. This book is fast-paced and action packed with lots of plot twists and turns. I loved the California setting and especially loved the Bigfoot subplot. Friends to lovers is always a satisfying theme and this book doesn’t disappoint. I’ll be watching this author and looking forward to reading more of her books.
Paola Aliedo
Mar 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love the start of the story.

Jed and Claire were childhood friends who had feelings for each other.

The things that stalker left with Claire were very interesting.

I also had the same 'suspects' yet I was still surprised who did it. Got a bit tired with Claire and Jed, who liked playing with the waves with regards their real feelings.

The ending was actually fine with me.

*Thank you to NetGalley.com for the copy!*
Pamela
Apr 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do because I got in on the end of this series!

I love a good suspense and personally feel no one does it better than Nora Roberts.

That said, Ms. Gallant came pretty close. I thoroughly enjoyed Every Vow She Breaks. Jannine Gallant did a great job in cloaking the actual villain. Claire is a wonderful heroine and Jed the perfect hero!

If you enjoy romantic suspense you won't be disappointed in this series!
Sheri Joan
Apr 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what an excellent romantic suspense. Jannine Gallant has done it again. I love the entire series, but this one was especially cool because of the Big Foot angle. I'm fascinated with legends like Big Foot and I loved the way that was woven into the story. Great characters, creepy villain, sexy romance, this has it all!
Susan Owens
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading this book and now I'm going to have to read the others in the series! I enjoyed the vivid writing, plot twists and the second chance of friends to lovers, add in the unique Bigfoot subplot and the story is irresistible!

I'm definitely a new fan!
Linda Carroll-Bradd
Apr 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A friends-to-lovers romantic suspense story that does justice to the rest of the series. I loved the unique Big Foot element to the plot. If you’re a romance reader who enjoys fast-moving action that keeps you guessing, I highly recommend this book.
Kara O'Neal
Apr 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love it when friends become lovers. I feel like there is a much deeper connection and this story had that. It was a great ending to the series as well. Ms. Gallant is able to create many plot twists without confusing the reader. This was a great read. Great escape from my day!
Maureen Bonatch
Apr 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love a good romantic suspense! I agree with many of the other reviewers- the Bigfoot angle really added a unique twist to the story. The fast paced action kept me immersed in the story until the end. Great read!
Nicole
Feb 05, 2016 marked it as to-read
Shelves: to-review
**I received a copy through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review**
Natalie
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Received courtesy of the publisher via NetGalley.
Melissa W
May 09, 2017
Sharon Belcastro
Mar 05, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• With Every Breath (Slow Burn, #4)
  • Just A Little Bit Dangerous (High Country Heroes, #2)
  • Dark Falls (Dark Falls, #1)
  • Wanted (The Marshals of Maverick County, #6)
  • Unexpected
  • Keep Me Safe (Slow Burn #1)
  • Forget Me Not (SEAL Team 12, #1)
  • Going Once (Forces of Nature, #1)
  • In His Keeping (Slow Burn, #2)
  • Safe at Last (Slow Burn, #3)
  • Say You're Sorry (Romantic Suspense, #22; Sacramento, #1)
  • Don't Tell (Romantic Suspense, #1; Chicago, #1)
  • Fast Burn (Body Armor, #4)
  • Have You Seen Her? (Romantic Suspense, #2)
  • I'm Watching You (Romantic Suspense, #3; Chicago, #2)
  • Close Contact (Body Armor, #3)
  • Nothing To Fear (Romantic Suspense, #4; Chicago, #3)
  • You Can't Hide (Romantic Suspense, #5; Chicago, #4)
Write what you know. I've taken this advice to heart, creating characters from small towns and plots that unfold in the great outdoors. I grew up in a tiny Northern California town and currently live in beautiful Lake Tahoe with my husband and two daughters. When I'm not busy writing, I hike or snowshoe in the woods around my home. Whether I'm writing contemporary, historical or romantic suspense, ...more

Who's Watching Now (3 books)
  • Every Move She Makes (Who's Watching Now, #1)
  • Every Step She Takes (Who's Watching Now, #2)

News & Interviews