Start by marking “Chosen: Episode One (The Demon Gate, #1)” as Want to Read:
Chosen: Episode One (The Demon Gate, #1)

Chosen: Episode One

(The Demon Gate #1)

"One minute, everything was normal for me, and the next, all hell breaks loose. "
I'm a cop with the Alandale City police force. I love my job, protecting the public and getting rid of scum was what made my day. Everything was going just fine until my lunch was interrupted by some rich, arrogant jerk in an Aston Martin who thought he could just speed past my squad car and
Published July 3rd 2015 by Nicholas Bella

To ask other readers questions about Chosen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chosen

Start your review of Chosen: Episode One (The Demon Gate, #1)
Elsbeth

BR, September 6th with Julie.

Excellent start of the series!!! A lot different than New Haven Series (season I - III)

No sexfest this time, yet!!!

I'll just refer to my fellow "Bellaholic" - Julie's review, cause I have the tendancy to quote excact the same things, so I'll safe myself the trouble!!

I'll just confine myself with adding a pic of my "Raphael"

And okay just one quote:

“Well, that was sooner than I was expecting,” he said when he answered. “I don’t think it’s even been an hour since I’d
Ula'ndi Hart
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Overall book rating: 3.8 Short Stars
Audio book: Michael O'Shea....ummmm 2?
Book cover: 4 Stars

I finally popped my Nicholas Bella cherry!!! Unfortunately, I popped it with one of the most ridiculous audio versions I’ve ever had the privilege to grace my ears with. I’m really truly sorry to say this but I can’t mince words here people.

I do prefer my hot Italian MC’s NOT to sound like 85 year old grandmother while having intense forceful sex. And also, that accent was really not good. No. No no no
Sophia Triad
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
That was a superweird short novel -although it is a book about demons so it has to be weird.
Still it is weirder than weird.
But I didn't mind. Maybe because I am not very normal myself.
Anyway, Brian will change one day. He will become the host of a soul-eater demon. And that demon is mated with another demon who has Raphael as his host.

Brian
...did not want to change
...did not want the way that he was changed (view spoiler)
...does not want to
K.A. Merikan
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, paranormal, r-read
Very entertaining
❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
Nov 19, 2016 rated it really liked it

This book is unique and intriguing in its storytelling. Brian's POV but, the other voices do stand out.

And, even as I read with the noted caution's of rape by other readers of this book, I still find myself adoring this read. the MCs are intriguing.

The story is absolutely fab. The world is awesome to step into. I also like that the MCs are Men and not a Boys in action, voice and mannerism. The paranormal aspect is fantastic. And, now I am hooked on this fast pace intriguing demon drivin
Mindy
Mar 08, 2017 rated it liked it
That was crazy weird. Onto the next one.
☙ percy ❧
you know when something is so ridiculously bad it actually curves back round, horseshoe theory style, and ends up being good? yeah. that.
Line
Oct 01, 2016 added it
Shelves: mm-fantasy, mm-police
I have no clue how I really want to rate this.
First of all it's a very short book (I know, I know it's the beginning of a serial), but it was just short.
Also Brian is RAPED! I'm sorry to put it that bluntly, but the tip-toeing around, and the justifications: it's a 'fantasy' book and: "the demon wanted it NOW" and "Brian wanted it, because he came" are RIDICULOUS!
The author could have chosen SO many other avenues, for Brian and Raphael to get together.
Raphael IS possessed by one of the most
Yeochingyu
3.75 I have to admit the mating scene was a little... (view spoiler) but I enjoyed this first episode.
if you are looking for romance this is not it, still you can enjoy it so ...
Here is straight-cop Brian ...
and sexy-italian-demon Raphael
Blond hair, gray eyes, chiseled Mediterranean model features all the way with a body to match. Maybe I should lay off the damn junk food. This asshole was giving me a complex. Fucking
MzBond
The main character is unlikeable as fuck. That doesn’t make what happens to him okay. Don’t care how it’s labeled, it’s rape. Try to package it as two powerful men having steamy sex all you want, it’s rape. Just because he achieved orgasm, doesn’t mean it wasn’t rape. Just to be clear, it isn’t in dub-con territory, it’s rape. I wish the warning in the synopsis wasn’t so tongue in cheek and actually warned that rape/non-consensual sex was in it.

Definitely wasn’t for me.
⚣Michaelle⚣
3.7 Stars

Did not like the non-con aspect of the mating & propagation, but the mythology and set up for what appears to follow in closing the portals to hell, redeeming some demons and culling criminals/evil individuals seems really quite interesting.
Jacq ~
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
The writing was soooo funny at times. Just magnificent!
Susan65
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Audio review by The Blogger Girls

Oh wow, so not what I was expecting, even with the warning in the blurb. But wow, what an intriguing start to a new series about demons, non-consensual mating, and saving the human race from not just one, but many different kinds of demons. And here we thought climate change was caused by humans. Ha!

This was a relatively quick audiobook, and Michael O’shea did a great job performing both Brian, our bad luck cop, and Raphael, our resident rapist demon. You never
Sabrina
Feb 25, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
H.
Jul 21, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: a-unlimited
Hoa
1. It's rape. But it's not important, because our MC is disgusting as hell. I will state reasons below.

2. Brian is annoying and disgusting. He thinks about fucking all the time. Yes I know he's a bit... too horny but you don't have to show his lust all the time. So yeah, the rape scene can become sexy thanks to him.

3. This is also why I say Brian is disgusting: IS THERE ANYONE TROUBLED WITH THE "KILLING PEOPLE IS OK AS LONG AS THEY ARE BAD/CRIMINALS/..." CONCEPT HERE? Brian is a cop, at first
Lila Hunter
This was an entertaining story. It does have a non-con scene twenty percent in, but I think the author did a good job balancing what was happening and how Brandon processed his responses. I'd say this is a short to read between longer works or when looking for something a little out of your comfort zone.

The concept is interesting, and the characters grow on you. Books about demons aren't something I read often but I'll read the next story in the series. I just don't know when.
B
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audibles
very good.
Cops , demons , sex, angst , fabulous writing , super natural
And is freaking interesting . Great beginning of a new series.
Looking forward to the next one . the audible was very good too.
Cocktails and Books
Well, this was something much different than I thought it was going to be. I don't mind a good m/m romance, but when one of the heroes basically rapes the other at the beginning of their romance....I'm out.
Tina

Another must read for every Bellaholic! :)
Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn)

I am very entertained. Enjoyable characters and intriguing world-building. It got the vibe of a superhero story although it is all about the demons. Good demons, bad demons and rotten humans. Good versus bad. The race against time to save the world, that sort of route.

I must say I absolutely adore the mating part although it also involved freakish tentacled creature that has nothing to do with tentacle sex (too bad that but we can't have it all). I love that the victim of the forced bonding has
Jade
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, paranormal
So... I just wanted to skim through the first page and see if it matches the audio book sample. Next thing I know it's 4am and I'm trying to resist starting book 2!
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
Very short and strange. Surprised it has so many high ratings. Has unconvincing language, unconvincing situations, unlikable characters. Weird story that isn't my thing.
J.L.
Feb 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, 2018
3 Stars

Three Stars

This book was just okay. It came highly recommended but I couldn’t get into it. Which stinks because I was looking forward to it.
Amy
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
My first book from Nicholas Bella. Very interesting. Moving on to book #2...
K
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Nicholas Bella Has Done It Again With His New Series, The Demon Gate. Chosen, Book 1, Shows The Level His Creative And Resourceful Imagination Can Go. He Has Invented A World Where Demons Not Only Exist, But Are Trying To Take Over…And Succeeding.

Brian, a cop for the Alandale police force, along with his partner, Sheila, are sitting on the side of the road enjoying their lunch. Interrupted by a speeding car, they throw their lunch to the side and take off after the Aston Martin.

First of all,
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Jul 01, 2015 rated it really liked it

A review by The Blogger Girls.

This is a very intriguing start to a new series by the very talented, no holds barred, Mr. Bella. Here, we have various demon species at play with the focus being the very rare Agoto demon of which the main characters are two out of only five I believe.

Raphael is the main guy who is already a demon. Brian is a straight cop who pulled the wrong guy over, or just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Raphael’s demon recognizes Brian as its host mate,
Brittany
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
I felt like this story had a lot of potential but if fell short on so many things.

The writing was clunky and even a little ridiculous at times.

Everything doesn't have to be explained in writing.

I don't need to know that the person turned left, to the west, with his left foot turned slightly because of a hip problem he's had since he was twelve, with a blue shoe on and white knee high sock, and his foot crunched on the gravel while he put most of his weight into the step, causing his big toe
Anne
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A new series by one of my fave authors, Nicholas Bella. And what a blast of a start into this new world it is. Prepared to buckle on for a dark and sexy rollercoaster ride, I was more than curious to meet his new characters and this whole new world Nicholas created for us to read about.
The idea of demons walking and living among human kind and some even trying to reign the world isn't that new. But coming along with the story and the way we are drawn into it, it all gets more and more intriguing
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Double Trouble: Two Werewolves for Brian
  • The Chimera (Bound Gods, #1)
  • Chained (Bound Gods, #2)
  • Purgatory (Bound Gods #7)
  • Betrayed (Bound Gods, #3)
  • Nothing Gained (The Chosen One #4)
  • The Stone God (Bound Gods #9)
  • Pandora's Heart (Bound Gods #10)
  • God of Monsters (Bound Gods, #8)
  • The Claiming (Bound Gods #6)
  • Reborn (Bound Gods, #4)
  • Crocuta Crocuta (Bound Gods, #5)
  • The Enchanter's Soul (The Ellwood Chronicles #2)
  • Hidden (Siren Cove #2)
  • Their Bounty (Four Mercenaries, #1)
  • More Than Blood (Blood #1)
  • Malik (Kif Warriors #1)
  • Forbidden (Siren Cove #1)
About me? Hmmm, I'm just a person with a wild imagination and a love for words who was sitting around the house one day and said, "Why hasn't anyone written a book like this before?". As with every storyteller, I wanted to share mine with the world. I like my erotica dark, gritty, sexy... and even a little raunchy. I'm not afraid to go there and I hope you aren't afraid to go there with me. When ...more

The Demon Gate (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Initiated: Episode Two (The Demon Gate, #2)
  • Mischief: Episode Three (The Demon Gate, #3)
  • Hijinks: Episode Four (The Demon Gate #4)
  • Charmed: Episode Five (The Demon Gate #5)
  • Lovelorn: Episode Six (The Demon Gate, #6)
  • Chance: Episode Seven (The Demon Gate #7)
  • Havoc: Episode Eight (The Demon Gate #8)
  • Mayhem: Episode Nine (The Demon Gate #9)
  • Chaos: Season Two, Episode One (Demon Gate #10)
  • Fear: Season Two, Episode Two (Demon Gate Book 11)