Start by marking “Suspicion At Sea” as Want to Read:
Suspicion At Sea

Suspicion At Sea

Scorching Romance, Breathtaking Mystery
When FBI Agent Ellie Marks goes on vacation to Bailey Island in Maine, she plans on having a relaxing few weeks to reset her mind. After an extreme undercover mission and being shot, she needs some time to forget everything horrible that has happened in her life.
She doesn't plan, however, on meeting Justin Bennett, an ex Navy Seal. An
Published May 20th 2015 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Suspicion At Sea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Suspicion At Sea

Start your review of Suspicion At Sea
Amber
May 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Romantic suspense has quickly become my favorite genre, and its books like Suspicion at Sea that continue to prove to me exactly why I will forever be a huge fan. This incredible story wrapped itself firmly around my heart and never once let go. With its quiet strength and gentle intensity, it had my heart overflowing with emotions I could never adequately put into words and had my soul soaring high into the Heavens. This tour de force is nothing short of being exquisitely breathtaking and wonde ...more
Holly
Wow I really enjoyed this! This was my first novel by this author and she just landed on my must read list! This will definitely be a favorite of 2015 for me!

Ellie is a FBI agent and in desperate need of a vacation after a trying last few years, so she heads to Bailey Island for some sand and sun. She is staying at the local B&B and while enjoying the view from her balcony she locks eyes with a shirtless, sexy, sweaty jogger on the beach. Lucky for her, this jogger is all to enthralled with what
Sassy Southern
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can only say that I am so glad I was given the opportunity to review this book! Ms. Nichols has made the list of my favorite authors! I was hooked before the end of chapter one. She weaves a tale of suspense and mystery with a lot of steamy sex thrown in!
Ellie is taking some much need rest and relaxation at peaceful B & B on the ocean, Life as an FBI agent is always hard, but trying to do your job and reconcile with your parents brutal murder is a whole different story, She
vows she has put
Kelly
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ellie is a FBI agent in need of a long overdue vacation. She decides to stay at a B&B on Bailey island. All she wants is peace and quiet and to relax.
Justin is back home after his honorable discharge from the Navy. This Navy SEAL has it all. A large yacht as his home and beautiful college girls wanting to give him attention. What more could this bachelor need?
When he meets Ellie for the first time sparks fly. As a typical man he screws up royally and than does it again. Will he ever get it right
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
An FBI Agent and an ex Navy Seal well of course I'm gonna read it lol

Ellie is an FBI Agent on holiday after an undercover stint. While on holiday she meets Justin an ex Navy Seal. The chemistry between these is instantaneous. While a romance is brewing between them people are disappearing.

Although I found this a little slow to start once I got stuck into it I really enjoyed it. Two fantastic characters with great secondary characters. Looking forward to reading more from this author. If your l
Babs
Jun 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, suspense
I have never read a story by this author but I am glad I had the opportunity to do so.
The characters are easy to relate to and funny in the first part of the book and then you are on the edge of your seat waiting to read what happens. It is funny to see Justin mess up like most men. With love, loyalty and hope this book does no wrong.
If you like mystery, hot scenes, strong men and woman this book is for you.
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)

Ellie and Justin will soon learn everything can change in the blink of an eye.
Title:  Suspicion at Sea
Author:  Amie Nichols
Genre:  Romantic Suspense
Cover Designer:  Sara Eirew
Release Date:  June 2, 2015

Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon AU | Amazon CA

Michelle
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ellie goes on break to reset her mind but comes from her time away with much more than she bargained for.She gets caught up in a local case and meets the man of her dreams.Can it last?Once everything is known about the facts leading up to the current situation there are things that need time to soak in and understand.Alot of action and mysterious things happen to keep us entertained.
CJ
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I found this to be a really good book. Lots of emotion, intrigue, surprises and adventure.
Barb Shuler
First off, thanks to Hot Tree Promotions and Amie Nichols for providing me a copy of Suspicion At Sea to read in exchange for an honest review.

Secondly... Holy crab cakes and lobster tails! I have to say I love, love, loved this story. From page one I was pulled into a wicked world of lies, deceit and determined characters. Elli and Justin are a tag team couple that starts off with a bang... And a romp in a cave! It's like BOOYAH! Mine. Claimed! Taken! Not entitled for a return. (Laughs)

My hea
books are love
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this suspense book. The romance was nicely intertwined into the plot so that it didn’t overwhelm the story. Don’t get me wrong Justin and Ellie were smoking and great together but Amie Nichols did a great job of not having this be the focus. What I love the most is that the plot is multi layered. So many factours are occurring and so many reasons for what is going on that you are kept on your toes. It’s like being in a game of clue and trying to solve what is going on. Each character p ...more
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
Wow this author knows how to take a simple relaxing vaca and turn it into a suspense filled , edge of your seat read. I couldn't put the book down , I was hooked and had a serious case of bad detective going on !! Never once did I guess right !! Either the author is that good or I just stink at clues. With so much going on by the end of this story and all the connecting puzzle pieces it is hard to write a non spoiling review. I will say the characters were great and easy to relate to. Their emot ...more
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
I am glad I stuck through the beginning. I really didn't care for Ellie or Justin in the beginning, but especially Justin. Here is how every line of the chapters in his POV went for like the first 10 chapters:
Damn she's so hot.
She's so f**king hot.
God she's so f**king hot I can't stand it.

It was literally the only thing he said. And it made me sad because it was seriously obvious that the only thing he cared about what that she was hot. He really didn't care to know anything about her; just th
BooksandBeyondFiftyShades
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤Fantastic 5 Star Review ´`★.¸¸,. •°´♡

Ellie Marks was taking some welled earned vacations to Bailey Island, Main. After she had done some undercover she was looking forward to relax and spend sometime alone. Ellie would had never imagined her life would never be the same after this vacations.

Justin Bennett had been back to Bailey Island after leaving the Navy Seals, he wanted to have some peace and quiet there but everything will change when he lands his interes
Love Africa Book Club
Maya's Review
Take one FBI Agent, add a Marine and throw in some mystery and you have a suspenseful beach read this summer.
Ellie is an FBI Agent taking a two-week break after an intensive undercover stint. She's staying in a bed and breakfast by the sea and plans on taking the time to unwind after all the stress she'd been through.
She didn't count on meeting Justin, a Marine living on a boat not far from her. They are attracted to each other but Justin has other things on his mind, like his sist
Doris
Jun 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*I was provided a complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.

Suspicion at Sea is an action packet, sensually written story of an FBI Agent and a former Navy SEAL that will knock your socks off!
Ellie is just getting her bearings back after recuperating from a deep under cover operation that was extremely personal - she was even shot! She attempts to go on a relaxing vacation yet gets anything but rest.
Justin is a former SEAL and is just floating through whats left of his own life. Whe
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Ummmm....ex Navy Seal and a badass FBI chick....yes please!!! I love a good mystery and add in a hot ex-Seal and I am all in. I was hooked on page 1 and I am pretty sure my family starved that day because I did not get up until I was finished. Ms. Nichols took us on quite the roller coaster. Every time I thought I had it figured out something else would happen or someone would say something and I would think oh no that isn't right, it's this person or that person. Romantic Suspense genre are my ...more
Shelly Wygant
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
A female FBI agent and a sexy Navy Seal. Two intriguing characters that will pull you into this book.

Ellie is taking a much needed vacation, only to have it turn into a whirlwind of suspense, violence, kidnapping, and more. Justin is the sexy Navy Seal that sets his sites on Ellie. When her life is in danger he vows to protect her.

The romance in this book was sexy and steamy but it was the suspense that keeps the pages turning. There were so many twists and turns that it kept you guessing. The
Romance Readers Retreat
Ellie is an FBI agent enjoying some vacation time on Bailey Island after being undercover in a big drug running and human trafficking case where she ended up getting shot. On the island she meets Justin, a local guy who is an ex-Navy SEAL. Only, after three local fishermen disappear into thin air her vacation gets cut short when it turns out there is more to this missing persons case than meets the eye.
This is a romantic suspense with lots of twists and turns in the plot. It is gripping and enga
Kolleen Fraser
Jun 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ellie is a FBI agent looking for peace & quiet & much needed break on her vacation. She was strong enough to stand up to a man like Justin. Justin is back home after his honorable discharge from the Navy. All round amazing sexy book boyfriend.

They meet and sparks fly, amazing (seriously hot) sexy times ensue. Mistakes are made (of course) and other problems arise for these two that make the situation dangerous and Ellie needs to choose to trust or let go.

Suspicion At Sea was an amazing romantic
FMR Book Grind
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
DONNA'S REVIEW
5 STARS

SUSPICION AT SEA is a fitting title to this book that is well written!!! This book was fun and easy to read giving me and other readers a mystery to solve. I just love a book that has "mystery", crazy romance, and strong characters that you make a connection with. The author makes you feel that you are right there on the island with Ellie and Justin. You feel sympathy for Suzi and I wanted to tell her to snap out of it! The main characters of this story come together really
Hooked On Books
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first read from this author, and it was amazing.
This book is so good, I couldn't stop reading it once I got started.The authors writing is Very smooth, I really enjoyed the play back and forth between both characters.
Ellie is probably one of my new female favorites. She's been though heartbreak and problems of her own, however she has prevailed and come out stronger...
Justin is just hot, I wish he were real and I could snatch him off the pages. He too has his own demons, some he stru
Lisa
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Did you read what the reviews above were saying? No You should this book was amazing. I swear I counted at least 3 suspects in this book and I was wrong on all of them. I loved the suspense of this book. You didn't know what was going to happen and who was responsible. After FBI Agent Ellie Marks goes on a vacation that is well deserved she finds herself face to face with Justin who just doesn't want to leave her alone. They have a connection but not sure why. When a missing person's report star ...more
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
I received as an ARC courtesy of the author via Hot Tree editing in exchange for an honest review..

Romantic mystery suspense

Love love Loved it so much, Amie never fails at creating a amazing story/world that you get so caught up in.
Fantastic romance, Amazing Steamy Sex !! Beautiful characters and the suspense Mystery is brilliant!!
Kept me wanting more, not wanting to put it down until I was finished.

Recommend to everyone!!

Debbie
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amie Nichols has the perfect summer read in her recent release, Suspicion at Sea. Suspicion at Sea is an action packed, steamy suspense that will have you wanting your on seaside beach vacation.

Ellie and Justin are both strong characters, an FBI agent and former Navy SEAL, with vulnerabilities that pull you into their lives. I loved the interaction and kept turning the pages to see what would happen next.

I'll be on the lookout for more from Amie Nichols.
Kerry Richardson
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a very enjoyable book. I loved the characters and the story. It not only had the love, lust and sex but also some mystery and intrigue too. The characters, Ellie the FBI agent and Justin, the ex SEAL, worked well together and the chemistry was evident between them from the start. There were several supporting characters who blended into the story nicely and it was all tied up at the end into a nice neat package.
CDBW
Jun 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-arc
4 Crazy Stars!!!

This was a great read! Perfect summer read! It did start slow for me and had a hard time connecting with some of the characters but once things ramped up I couldn't put my kindle down. It was intense and I actually caught myself biting my nails at times.

This is my second Amie Nichols novel and most definitely will not be my last.
Renee at Book Happiness
I received this for an honest review.. This is one of those authors(for ME) who just instantly captures me into any story she is writing and this one is no exception.. This was such an enjoyable read. Cmon whats not to like FBI meets ex navy seal HELL YES!!!

This was just an extremely enjoyable book with suspense and hot hot hot hotness!!! This is one you do not want to pass up!!!
Lynda Garcia
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delightful

I was totally engrossed with this story...ever all of my favorite tv shows...just to finish this...the grittiness and suspense wrapped in a hot romantic adventure makes a dull weekend interesting. Jus a few errors...quite pleased with my first novel by Ms Nichols...won't be my last...I was searching for a good novel of substance when I stumbled upon this nugget..enjoy
Steph
May 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-on-kindle
Review to be posted on the Fictional Men's Page For Book Ho's blog page
And Facebook page

• Hooked Up (Hooked Up #1)
  • That Night (One Night Stand #0.5)
I'm Amie Nichols, and this is my bio. I live in Iowa with my amazing, supportive husband. He is my rock and my king, and treats me like all woman should be treated. (Like a spoiled Queen)
I have two miniature dachshund's that are my babies, and they love to keep me company when I am writing away on my next WIP.
I'm about to publish my 6th book, and can hardly believe how my life has changed. I'm cal

News & Interviews