Jump to ratings and reviews

My Paper Heart #4

These Paper Walls

Starting a life and family? Check
Getting Offers for higher paying jobs? Check
Turning down a hottie from the past...Um...not so much.

Blaine Crabtree never considered himself a lucky man until Libby Gentry came into his life.
Now, he isn't sure if he is lucky or just the biggest sap in the parish.
To be fair, he is a married man now with a baby on the way, but that doesn't stop old habits from dying hard.
With his friends calling for him to go out and a job relocation out of town, he isn't getting to see much of Libby, but a certain ex keeps finding her way back to him.
When Blaine feels like the walls are closing in around him, will he break out and go on his own path or are he and Libby meant to be?

First published October 4, 2015

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Magan Vernon

81 books929 followers
Magan Vernon has been living off of reader tears since she wrote her first short story in 2004. She now spends her time killing off fictional characters, pretending to plot while she really just watches Netflix, and she tries to do this all while her two young children run amok around her Texas ranch.

You can stalk or...er...find her online at all of these fun and happy places.

Amazon Author Link: http://amzn.to/1Mi23I9

FELL THE VERN (reader group): http://on.fb.me/1lVsZEo

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
2 (2%)
1 star
3 (3%)
Displaying 1 - 10 of 10 reviews
Profile Image for Lauren Jones.
416 reviews11 followers
October 5, 2015
I was provided with a copy of These Paper Walls in exchange for an honest review. I really enjoyed reading it and was happy to provide a review. This fourth installment continues where A Paper Trail concludes with the story of Blaine and Libby. Libby is very pregnant and Blaine is super stressed with deciding how to proceed with his future. When Blaine gets the job that he always thought he wanted with the road crew, it is a little too far away from Libby and turns out—Julie makes him think about his life as is. There is one other option that makes his head spin, he could go back to school and become a coach. Baseball has always been something important in his life, but where can he get the money or the time for any of it? Can Blaine figure out what he wants and decipher what is best for his family before it is too late?

My favorite character in this story is Blaine. He is so indecisive, yet he cares for Libby more than anything else. His doubts may get in the way with her hormones raging and his stress rising, but he knows that there has never been anyone else for him. I still really like Libby and think that she is constricting on Blaine’s life, due to hormones; however, Blaine’s life must change if he wants to have a family with Libby and the new addition. I really see the true struggle that many marriages endure and I felt hopeful throughout the entire read. It may get hard, but nothing is ever impossible when it comes to relationships unless both are willing to sacrifice a little for the other.

In my opinion, I would rate this book with five stars. I do enjoy the author’s writing style and creativity. The development of her characters really called out to me and held my attention. The pace was fast, which I like and I would definitely recommend These Paper Walls to anyone who enjoys reading young adult and romance. I look forward to going back and reading the first and second in the series regarding the troubles that led her Blaine.
September 21, 2016
Great couldn't put itdown

On a 45 minutes flight didn't want to put it down got to my hotel and finish the rest of the book very entertaining was always anxious to find out what was going to happen next can't wait to read another one of making Vernon's stories
Profile Image for Elizabeth.
20 reviews
November 10, 2016
More books need to be this real. This book paints an accurate vision of the struggle and beautiful moments in a marriage.
Profile Image for Ashley Seymour.
664 reviews1 follower
June 17, 2017
I'm so happy that this book was the ending and not the third book! I'm glad we got to get Blaines POV.
47 reviews2 followers
February 21, 2021
These paper walls

It was a great series. Unfortunately very realistic with the way Blane second guesses everything after they were married. I recommend this book
Profile Image for Carla.
989 reviews3 followers
September 25, 2015
*I was given a copy of this book as a gift from the author in exchange for an honest review.

This is the fourth book in the My Paper Heart series.

This book picks up right where the last book, A Paper Trail, ended. Blaine and Libby are now married and expecting their first child. Like most pregnant women, Libby's hormones are raging, and she get upsets at the drop of a hat. However, she is still the sweet Libby that Blaine first fell in love with, and she is 100 percent dedicated to him and their baby. Blaine, on the other hand, is missing his "glory days" that were spent playing baseball, chasing girls, and hanging out with his friends. Blaine must decide if he is going to remain committed to his family or give in to old habits.

Man, Blaine kept me ticked off for the majority of this book! I just wanted to shake him and ask him what the heck was wrong with him! While he did redeem himself, I just couldn't find the positive emotions that I experienced with the other books in this series. While this may not have been a five star read for me, if enjoy a story filled with lots of angst, you will probably enjoy it more than I did.
Profile Image for Devyn.
172 reviews
December 19, 2015
This series was nothing special in the new adult genre. But it kept me reading and entertained.
Displaying 1 - 10 of 10 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.