Start by marking “All I've Never Wanted” as Want to Read:
All I've Never Wanted

All I've Never Wanted

The Scions were the four richest, most powerful guys at Valesca Academy, and they ruled the school with iron fists. Everyone wanted to date them or be them...everyone, that is, except Maya Lindberg, who just wanted to avoid them until she could graduate.

She almost succeeded, until an ill-advised outburst on her part put her right in the Scions' path. Just like that, one be
ebook
Published June 15th 2015 by Smashwords Edition (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about All I've Never Wanted, please sign up.
Emily The best, legal way is to contact the author in some way and ask for a review book. Most authors are willing to give you the book for free, if you hav…moreThe best, legal way is to contact the author in some way and ask for a review book. Most authors are willing to give you the book for free, if you have some credibility and commit to reviewing the book afterward. Finding the author's website, and therefore contact info is as simple as googling the author's name plus 'website' or 'blog.' Or you can message them on Goodreads.

Also, there is a blog tour beginning for the book in a few weeks, at YA Bound Book Tours. If you have a blog and are chosen, you can get a free copy to read and review and post the review on the blog on the specified date. http://yaboundbooktours.blogspot.com/...

I hope that helps.(less)

Start your review of All I've Never Wanted
Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
This book is a straight ripoff of the extremely popular Japanese manga series Boys Over Flowers. The manga has since been made into numerous live action dramas in Japan, Taiwan (Meteor Garden), and Korea. That is but a few of the live-action versions which it has inspired.

I have nothing against retellings. I love them. I absolutely adore retellings of fairy tales and alternate versions of classics, but there has to be a fucking point to the retellings. You can't just replace the characters in a
Aditi
“I like you. No matter how hard I try not to like you, no matter how hard I try to erase you… my efforts are so fruitless to the extent that I get angered by it.”

----Jan Di, Boys Over Flowers

Based on popular Japanese manga series Hana Yori Dango or the Korean action drama series, Boys Over Flowers, Ana Huang, an American author, has penned her young adult/romance book, All I've Never Wanted , that traces the story of a high school girl named, Maya, who wants to pass this phase of her life w
Mizuki
I almost never rate a book without reading it first, but this time I feel obliged to do so after reading Khanh's review and learnt that Ana Huang ripped off the Japanese manga series Hana Yori Dango/Boys Over Flowers.

Ana Huang claimed she based her novel, All I've Never Wanted on Hana Yori Dango. However, I must remind you excuses such as 'based on', 'retelling' and 'adaptation' cannot cover up the ugly truth of plagiarism.

And even if it is an 'adaptation', you still need to get permission from
Molly
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Rating 2.5

Believe it or not, I gave up a few chapters before the end. It wasn't that bad... I just didn't care.
From the first chapter I couldn't but notice the similarities between All I've Never Wanted and the Japanese manga Hana Yori Dango or to be precise it's Korean live-action drama series adaptation Boys Over Flowers.

description

I don't know if this is supposed to be an homage, retelling or just a copy-paste with different setting and names. The Valesca Academy Scions are perfect copies of the infam
Shannon Rogers
I've never heard of this author prior to participating in this blog tour, but you can be certain I'll be looking for future books, and prior ones too. I loved this story from the very first page. Yes, it was as cute as the cover indicates it would be, and the summary just screams cute, but it was so much more than just cute.

First, the characterization in this story was amazing. I felt like I knew each of these characters so well, and they were my favorite aspect of the story. I loved watching th
Aisha (seetheworldwithbooks)
4 "I won't leave you, because Iam in love with you" Stars!

Girrrlsssss, have you ever heard about Boys Before Flowers ?

Yes? Good for you!!

description

No? Well, folks, it's a VERY popular Korean drama with charming actors, and was soooo hype in its own years, back when i was in middle school.

I mean guyyyssss, look at the images below! How can you resist to watch that really really romantic and legendary drama? If you have a thing for Asian, mostly Korean, there is no way you're not drooling over this! I wen
Dianne
Another hidden gem rises to the top! All I’ve Never Wanted by Ana Huang is a fresh look at the world of the rich and powerful offsprings of, of course, the rich and powerful while attending THE best and most prestigious high school in the country. Of course every haughty high school has its own misfits and Maya is it, but only because she doesn’t bow from the ankles to THE SCIONS. Here’s one of Ana Huang’s best twists, the Scions aren’t plastic, rich and angst ridden girls, they are boys and whe ...more
Shabana Mukhtar
I am really really faltering on my choices. I needed a YA sweet romance novel. This story is from wattpad, I guess because the writing style is quite similar. I mean similar to the few stories I read on wattpad. And it is LONG.
Christy
Dec 20, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Let me just start out by saying that I've read fanfiction. I think that people genuinely have the creative license to publish what they want and create alternate storylines to their favorite settings and characters... AS LONG AS THEY'RE NOT MAKING PROFIT FROM IT.

This isn't a retelling. This isn't a "based off of." This is a straight up "let me take your shit and sell it as my own."

What happened here was the author decided to do an OC insert in a universe that was originally a Manga based in a
Raven_Blake (dreamy addictions)
Actual Rating: 3.5
Same Review Posted Here: Dreamy Addictions

OMG! It was truly a spectacular read that I've enjoyed every part in it.The book is actually based from the Japanese manga series named Hana yori Dango or Boys Over Flowers.I'm huge fan of the series and I've watched the drama in Japanese, Taiwanese and Korean Version.When I came across this book I was totally in fangirling mood and I was so excited to read it because it was based on my favorite drama which I've loved it a lot.

I pretty
Poulami
here.

**I received a digital copy of this book in exchange for an honest review as a part of the blog tour hosted by YA Bound Book Tours.**

This book was soo freaking good! I can’t explain how much I loved it. This book is actually based from the Japanese manga series named Hana yori Dango or Boys Over Flowers. And you guys should know, I’m obsessed over Boys Over Flowers. (I haven’t watch it yet but I have watched all the clips available in YouTube and I think I know every single details about it
Cris
Jun 10, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I read Hana Yori Dango a few years ago, and I was instantly hooked. I watched the drama adaptations and for a while it was all I could think about (don't judge me, it was a weird fase.....). It was original (in my inexperienced opinion) and I liked that the MC gave those rich kids hell. Also, I laughed a lot reading it.

Anyway, I heard about this book, an american adaptation of the story, and I thought I would love it. After all, I still melt remembering Rui and Domjoyi and Tsukushi, even if the
Kristen Virtucio
Jun 15, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
There's homage, and there's just straight up rip off.

I think the author really loved the premise of Hana Yori Dango and all its iterations. The thing is it's one thing to actually take the best parts of a series you love and write about it (or as in this case, write your own version of it), and quite another to transport its most 'iconic' aspects to your novel.

The scene with the cars? All in the four HYD versions (anime, Taiwanese, Japanese live action, Korean). The way they walk on campus? Che
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
This is a looooong book and at times it felt that way so in fairness I think it could have been trimmed down a little bit. Considering this was originally fan fiction and the author started writing it when she was 16 I was impressed. I loved the characters, it just goes to show you should not judge a book by its cover, the rich kids were actually nice after all. I felt it got a bit off track towards the end with plot devices thrown in for drama's sake but the banter, fun and frolics that this bu ...more
Cora Tea Party Princess
5 Words: Money, school, control, lies, attraction.

Take the Number 1, Grade A douchebag with a God complex and bad parenting, add in a bet between a bunch of beautiful, stunning, amazing, overly rich and obviously spoiled kids, and then toss in a poor, innocent girl who is on a scholarship at their prodigious school.

It's a formula that's been done time and again, and this did feel a bit like a rehash of numerous stories I've read before.

That said, exclusive schools are one of my catnip tropes in
Isabela
Sep 27, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, 2015
-- 3 stars --

*sigh* I really wanted to like this book... I've been a fan of the manga and k-drama Hana Yori Dango (Boys Over Flowers) for years now, and it's basically the same plot line as this book - however I love HYD and this book was just meh.

Maya was kind of annoying at parts (a lot of parts) and I didn't like Roman's character as much as I did in the manga/drama. It was not as funny either.

If you're a fan of Hana Yori Dango, I'd still recommend this book to you because it was interestin
Tia
Mar 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay this book was filled with awesomesauce. It has all the emotions throughout it and I laughed, cried, smirked and everything in between.

My parting shot has to be "Omg, puppy!"

Read it, it's good!
Arwen
Sep 16, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
cute, i can clearly see Boys over Flowers in it.
Rileigh Shiver
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
kim Park Lee
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny read that reminds me others that I've read.
I'm the beginning it reminded me Bully by P.D. Later I thought about C.L. Stone's academia series.
In the end it was just too much with some open loose..

I enjoyed it a lot and laughed a lot.
Angelica
Before:
Those 600+ pages are making me worry.

After:
First I must say that I read this pretty much in one sitting. I read 80% of the novel from like 2am until like 8 am. Then since I'm such a great student I went to class at 9am then went to my sister’s graduation. Then I came back to finish this book without sleep. I call that an accomplishment considering this is a 626 page book.

Anyway. . .

This book follows the story of Maya, a girl attending her senior at the most prestigious academy in the cou
Julie

Check out more reviews at Little Miss Bookmark!

Maya is just a wallflower. At least, that's what she thought she was. Her mission was to make it through high school without drawing any attention to herself. She was so close to accomplishing her goal before everything blew up in her face, she became the center of attention and the girl every girl wanted to be or be friends with. The Scions changed everything.

I'm pretty conflicted on this one. On one hand, I really enjoyed All I've Never Wanted ..
Melissa (thereaderandthechef)
Do you love fan fiction? Do you love the famous Korean drama, Boys Over Flowers? If you answered yes to both of these questions, then you must (MUST I tell ya!) read All I've Never Wanted by Ana Huang. And even if you haven't read Boys Over Flowers, it sure will entertain you if you love amusing reads!

I'm not going to say that I'm an expert in fanfics, but with my limited knowledge, I'd say this one is pretty good because, despite that it starts quite similarly as the original story, it soon dev
Pauline Ang
Jun 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned-ebook
Originally posted at Fathomless Reveries

I got engrossed with this one pretty quick - I was even scolded by my mom because apparently she had been calling me for dinner three times already (and I didn't hear her.) YES. It wasn't intense, but it was definitely attention-catching. I just love the humor! Especially the parts where Maya's grandmother is involved - gotta love the grandma! <3

Actually, when I was reading the first few chapters of this, I thought that the story seemed very familiar. And
Josephine
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, arc
Sara
Jul 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: epub, kindle
This book was really really good! It was fun, hot and cute. I liked Maya a lot. She was fun, cute, brave and kicked butt. I also liked Carlo a lot. He was actually my favorite male character. Sweet, cute and a good friend. Parker wasn't bad either. He was cute, fun and charming. Roman was a dickhead, jerk, asshole, insensitive hateful bastard. Doesn't matter how hot or rich, he was an evil, stupid asshole in the beginning and for a while. He got a little bit better later on in the story, but it' ...more
Marisa
Jul 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Apparently this series is extremely similar to the Japanese manga series “Boys Over Flowers”, but as I am not familiar with the series I absolutely adored this book. It made me laugh out loud, it had some steamy scenes and it kept me compulsively reading it until long past my bedtime. I loved the bantering going back and forth between Maya and Roman and all the Scions in general.

To keep the book from being simply a romance book, there is a mysterious twist at the end that kept it interesting. I
BritishHeart
I started reading this book not knowing much about it. I didn't know it was based on a Japanese manga or that it was a wattpad story first so I had no idea what to expect. Also, high school novels are not my first choice of reading material so the beginning was very hard and I honestly thought I wouldn't finish, but I plushed through, and imagine my surprise when, completely out of the blue, I found myself unable to put it down and remarkably invested in it. I was stunned, really.

I mean, did I
Cyndi Garcia
Cute story

This is a cute story about a beautiful smart girl who is scared of the infamous bad boy gang. Four boys rich, hot and rule the school. One day she steps up to the leader of this rich boy gang and sparks of hate, lust and love take over. This book reminds me a lot of Tijan's and Van Dyken boy books. There is no hanky panky like those other authors books... But still a good sweet book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys
  • My Life with the Walter Boys (My Life with the Walter Boys #1)
  • Free Falling  (Best Friend, #2)
  • Melt My Heart
  • Announcing Trouble
  • Something New
  • Always You (Best Friend, #1)
  • Four Doors Down
  • Ryan Hunter (Grover Beach Team, #2)
  • I Hate You, Fuller James
  • The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me
  • Jesse and the Ice Princess (Gulf City High, #1)
  • Out of My League
  • The Heartbreakers (The Heartbreakers Chronicles, #1)
  • The Game Can't Love You Back
  • Perfectly Clueless: A Bayfield High Romance Book 3 (Bayfield High Series)
  • T is for...(Grover Beach Team, #3)
  • Playing the Enemy (The Trouble with Tomboys, #1)
Ana Huang is an author of primarily steamy New Adult and contemporary romance. Her books contain diverse characters and emotional, sometimes twisty roads toward HEAs (with plenty of banter and spice sprinkled in). Besides reading and writing, Ana loves traveling, is obsessed with hot chocolate, and has multiple relationships with fictional boyfriends.

STALK ANA ONLINE: