Start by marking “Cross My Heart” as Want to Read:
Cross My Heart

Cross My Heart

Dangerous, but worth the risk?

Evie and Ryan are selective. Not just any man will do. After weeks of trying to make a connection online they finally extend an invitation that outs their sinful search to their widowed landlord, Seth. And then Seth reveals a secret of his own: he’s more than eager to become his young tenants’ playmate.

In spite of the explosive dynamic the thr
Published July 30th 2015 by HarperCollins UK, Avon (Mischief Books)

To ask other readers questions about Cross My Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cross My Heart

Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
DNF

photo AC344E47-E8D5-48C8-B810-7A62EA4A644C_zpsgaggpdvu.gif

This is one of those instances where the erotica genre is failing me. First 6% practically one long sex scene without any character development to interest me.

Words like nether, hood, slippery lips, mound, fat clit.. That's just the first 5%. How many more adjectives can we come up with for it? Is there a thesaurus for such things? Hmm.

I'm out!

photo 23C0A958-478E-4C05-A536-FA82551AF8F6_zpszhsvhahr.gif

Advanced copy received by Harper Collins Publishing via NG in exchange for my honest review.

Vishous
oh Seth, oh Seth...

The only reason I am giving this quickie 2* (actually 2.5) is you.

The main characters... Bloody hell the headache.
Juletta Gilge
Aug 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
**ARC Copy provided by author via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.**

At first this book grabbed my attention. I was excited for something new, a lot smutty.

photo tumblr_nbhiaeAnbw1tq4of6o1_500_zps6zdwiud3.gif

But as it went on, I just really lost interest. It was hard to get through, after about the first ten percent. There was drama and awkward encounters that just did nothing for me. Basically, it got weird and the characters got annoying. A bad combniation.

photo tumblr_mr2nhfRc8q1s5pcsro1_250_zps0kvpxatq.gif

The way the book ended wasn't the way I wanted it to. For those of you who
Veronica of V's Reads
Evie and Ryan are two 20-somethings who met in their apartment building. Over the course of several months they developed a friendship, and then more. They are currently an exclusive couple who enjoy some light kink, including bondage, but Ryan has recently revealed that he is bisexual and has desires to have relations with men. Evie's on board, if she can be a mutually-pleasured party--Ryan thinks he's the luckiest man evah.

He kinda is.

Thing is neither he, nor Evie, can find a suitable third. T
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃

Hero/s: 5/10
Humour: 1/10
Hotness: 6/10
Romance: 7/10
Extra book Details: Heroine & hero POV; 3rd person. Stand alone.

When Ryan reveals he's bisexual to Evie, they decide to take their relationship a little further by adding a third playmate in the bedroom, luckily the hot hunk of a landlord, Seth, steps up

I wasn't overly keen on the characters, at least not the males, one came out
*~* Susie
Jun 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, 2015, net-galley
Hot and steamy read. If you like ménage, you will probably love this one. It just wasn't one for me.
Angel Hatfield
Dec 04, 2018 rated it did not like it
Evie was on the fire escape going up to Ryan's apartment when her landlord -Seth- called out to her. He may well have been the devil or a warlock with his long hair and bearded appearance and his arms darkened by ink. The anniversary of Seth’s wife Rita was coming up. But Seth wanted no one’s pity. But Seth was dealing with some insomnia. Ryan was sleeping when Evie came in his window. He had been getting up at 5:00 am for the past two weeks. Evie envied the money he was making at the hospital b ...more
Yessenia Andaverde
Jun 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
~ I received this book from Netgalley, in exchange for a honest review ~

There has been a long time since I read an erotic book, mostly because I found that most of them were focused in the sex scenes and didn't had much substance when we refer to the plot. This one was a surprise because it was actually pretty good.

The main characters of this story are Ryan and Evie. They are in a serious relationship, and as part of their sex life, they have decided to find a third male partner. Not permanently
Gigi staub
Jun 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-netgalley
Dangerous, but worth the risk?

In spite of the explosive dynamic the threesome find in bed, Ryan’s insecurities bubble to the surface. He wanted a lover who wouldn’t hurt Evie, but as he watches hi
bookaholic ge
Aug 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Evie and Ryan are attempting to spice things up by adding a third to their relationship. After kissing multiple toads they finally realize the prince that they have been waiting for has been in their building all along!

Can Evie, Seth and Ryan make things work? Read and find out!

I received this book as an ARC from Net Galley for my honest review.

My review:
I honestly love that A.M. Hartnett always brings honesty to the romance scene. In every book that I read these couples are out there trying to
Julie Barrett
Jul 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Cross My Heart started off well and I really enjoyed the first fifty to sixty percent, but then it lost its way for me. Unfortunately it didn't manage to keep my attention all of the way through, and I struggled to finish it. Its hard to say exactly why I didn't love this book, but it definitely didn't help that I didn't really like the hero of the book, Ryan.

Evie and Ryan have been dating for a few months and have decided to fulfill Ryan's fantasy of bringing another man into their bedroom. Th
Grace Morales
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
**ARC provided by publisher for honest review***
Main Characters: Ryan & Evie and SETH
Update: Now that I had time (overnight) to think on it, maybe the fact that I am still thinking about it makes it a better book than I thought. Maybe this is what the author wanted when writing this. Hmmm if so, touche Ms. Hartnett, well played! I am upping my rating! I fell hook line and sinker! As a side note I love it when I read a book and just can’t stop thinking about it, so thanks!

Original:
So this is
Michelle
Jul 26, 2015 rated it liked it

This book was not what I was expecting. I was expecting... Something light and to the point. We don't get that. It's kind of heavy. A lot of people battling their feelings. Coming to terms with with their feelings. Not a lot of the whole 3 somes. A lot of one on one (m/f).

To be honest... I wasn't really feeling Ryan or Evie's character.
Ryan seemed childish and Evie seemed needy and insecure. I was not feeling Evie's character at all. I felt her struggling with Ryan's curiosity of being
Karen
Jul 06, 2015 rated it liked it
I received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

There is not a great deal that needs to be said about this book. It was filled with sexy scenes, most of which involved threesomes. Plot lines were rather light beyond the purpose of the story, which seemed to be a vehicle for writing sexy threesome scenes. I mean, practically the only settings in the book were the bedrooms of the two main characters. This could have, no, *should* have been very fluffy and void of subst
Jessi
ARC provided by Netgalley in exchange for a honest review.

This is the story of Ryan and Evie. They live in the same building and started dating a couple of months ago. After Ryan reveals that he is bisexual, they both realize that something is missing in their relationship. So they start looking online for a third person to join them. After meeting with a seemingly nice guy that ends up in a disastrous fight. Luckily, their landlord Seth was home and able to come to the rescue.

This was an extrem
Momma Hellmouth
My Review of Cross My Heart by A.M. Harnett
My Rating 3 Stars

This author is new to me, and I always love a good menage story.
The storyline for this book had so much potential and fell a little short for me.
Ryan and Evie who are a young couple early in their relationship, and these two have an explosive sex life, and Ryan who is very comfortable in his relationship with Evie confesses that he is bi-sexual and would like to bring a third person into their relationship, between these two lovers they
Bernadette Robinson
7/10 from me. This is a short erotic story. My thanks to the Publishers and NetGalley for the opportunity to read this in exchange for an honest review.

Evie & Ryan are in a relationship but are looking to spice up their sex life. They come up with the idea of having another person in the bedroom with them of the male variety. They both want to experiment, but deep down neither of them wants to be used or abused. As they embark on a slightly haphazard way of finding that third person they hav
Carla
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Crazy steamy love story!

I got this ARC for an honest review and I enjoyed every last bit of it!

An almost new couple is on the lookout for a third, for their games in bed, they tried everything but it seems to be an impossible task!

Ryan an Evie can't decide on a perfect person for their threesome, and after an incredible failure they are skeptical about the whole thing, until Evie brings up the possibility of their landlord joining in.

Seth is rough around the edges, older, and has suffered a terr
Amy Barber
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
I could not put this book down. I feel like I've met these characters and they were my next door neighbors and I adore them. Evie, Ryan and Seth are all neighbors; Evie and Ryan are in a new relationship together, but they are already looking to spice up their love life. I liked how they tackled the issues that arise with having a threesome and how they approach it was almost humorous at times. This is a very steamy read, off the charts! It was predictable in some ways, but it had some twists th ...more
Avephoenix
Jul 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley

Ryan and Evie are a young couple with a very active & explosive sex life. By feeling very comfortable with their relationship, Ryan confesses to Evie that he is bi-sexual and would like to bring a third person into their relationship. So, that’s how their search began, not knowing that their perfect mate is right under their noses.

I really enjoyed their landlord’s roll in the story that made it not so much borin
Shari
Jul 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Cross My Heart had hot sex scenes! I kept having to put the book down and fan myself. This was a good read. I really hope that Seth gets his own HEA in a book. I didn't really like Ryan. I was honestly routing for Seth's character. Their was the couple's relationship, add in the extra guy, and then how each of their relationships to one another, and it was quite interesting. Those relationship interactions are what kept me reading.I received and ARC of this book from the publisher and NetGalley ...more
Sam
Aug 05, 2015 rated it liked it
*Copy Provided for honest review*

I hate having to leave reviews like this. I was expecting so much more, the description pulled me in and had me wanting to read this ASAP.
This really was a hard sell for me. The story line had so much potential but sadly lacked the edge to keep me interested. I really do hate having to leave reviews like this. I am not in any way pulling the author down. I just found the story needed more.
I struggled to keep reading and with every page was hoping it would get
Karen Grage
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really liked how this one played out. There was a menage, but it wasn't about the menage. There was a romance, but it wasn't about the romance. It was mostly about Ryan learning about who he was, and learning to accept it and how it effected his relationship with Evie. Seth also learned a thing or two and I would love to see his story.

** I received an e-copy of this book from netgalley in return for an honest review.
Sandy
Jun 20, 2015 rated it liked it
I was given an ARC of this novel for an honest review. I think the story may have been better served as simple M/F who seek to spice up their sex life rather than awkwardly dragging another person into a ménage relationship. The sex between the three took way too long to come to fruition and I didn't understand why the creepy they found online even was in the mix. They were not a threesome that I found myself rooting for and emotionally vested in.
Morgan Schell
Aug 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Copy provided by NG for an honest review. This book unfortunately had a tougher time holding my interest than others in the same genre. But I didn't quit reading because there were just enough humorous and enjoyable parts speckled within the story. However, this wasn't a book I can clearly say I enjoyed. I'm sure it will be a great read for others though!
Raine