Start by marking “Unforeseen (Unspoken, #3)” as Want to Read:
Unforeseen (Unspoken, #3)

Unforeseen (Unspoken, #3)

Cassidy
I always believed in fairy tales. So much so that I made a career out of them. As a wedding planner, I made it my goal to perfect everyone else's happily-ever-after. I even believed in finding mine once, too, until one man left me alone and pregnant –crushing my dreams, and leaving me jaded.

Blake
I was living every man’s dream; I had the career I’d always wanted, my
Paperback
Published October 2nd 2017 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Unforeseen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unforeseen

Start your review of Unforeseen (Unspoken, #3)
Eve (Between The Bookends)

description

descriptionNot a huge fan of this cover. It's a bit boring, and the placement of the title is really odd and throws off the entire composition.description

descriptionI thought this one was cute (mostly). It turned a little cheesy around 80%, but overall I enjoyed it well enough. If you don't like the "dead wife" thing than you probably should give this one a pass. I am not bothered by it usually, and I wasn't really in this book as well. That said, the author does jump back in time as the hero thinks back to individual moments
Alex ♈
Mar 29, 2019 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
Deborah G.
Cassidy & Blake meet at their best friends wedding, his friend is the groom, hers the bride. They are attracted to each other at first glance but there is also denial & reluctance...from Cassidy. She is deeply emotionally scarred from her last relationship, a guy who left her to deal with a life changing issue on her own; a pregnancy. As a wedding planner, Cassidy helps women achieve their dream wedding, plans their day to fulfill all of their fantasies, she just no longer believes in the fairyt ...more
Chantal
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
M.C. has completely floored me with her latest book. I couldn't put it down, I had to know what was going to happen with two main characters and their explosive chemistry. And she definitely didn't disappoint, she wrote a book with passion, loads of silly banter, and a topic you rarely see in the reading world..... both main characters are raising kids on their own for completely different reasons.

Blake is recently widowed dad of a young daughter and a newborn son. He is a journalist by day and
Liz
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Unforeseen by M.C. Decker was so much fun to read. Do not get me wrong, it had some very turbulent moments, but overall a great story about finding your second chance!

Blake knew happiness at its best. He loved his wife and children and had a good a good job. Everything was perfect. Then before he knew it, he was a widower with two kids to raise. I loved Blake. He was such a good man, honest, determined and caring.

Cassidy is a wedding planner who once believed in happily-ever-after. Helping oth
Johnaka- Amity Book Blog
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Unforeseen by M.C. Decker
“Grab the tissues and wine, 5 stars”

Unforeseen has been in the making for years. If you’ve read Brooke and Rich’s story than you know who Cassidy and Blake are, if not that’s okay. This story will break your heart right off the bat. At first you’ll reach for the tissues to cry your eyes out then switch to wine to finish the story. Honestly, I’ve never been through anything that is in the story but Unforeseen made me feel like I lived it.
Blake knew love once. He had that
Shannon

What happens when you mix one sassy, independent woman who’s given up on her own hea, with a man who thought he’d never find love again? You get Unforeseen, a lovely story of second chances. Cassidy Carpenter is a single mom who has been raising her daughter on her own since day one. Blake Mitchell is a widowed father of two, still dealing with the heartbreak of losing his wife. Neither one was looking for love, it wasn’t even on the radar for these two…you could even say it was unforeseen.

When
Susan
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
description
Unforeseen by M.C. Decker was a pretty decent read. A bittersweet second chance at love again story.

The plotline was good and for the most part I liked the characters. Blake, the handsome widower and single father, who is not sure if he is ready to find love again. Cassidy, the single mother to an adorable little girl, who doesn't believe in true love for herself but is a wedding planner.

The main problem I had with this story was Cassidy. She sent so many mixed signals to Blake that I was ready
Dana
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a way for an opening!

My heart broke for Blake, Maddy and Ben from the very first page. I couldn't imagine going through what they had to endure.

When Cassidy and Blake meet, I was so rooting for them!

This was my first book from Ms. Decker and I thoroughly enjoyed. She was able to draw the reader in from the beginning. I didn't want to stop reading (which I didn't, I finished within a day).

I highly recommend Unforeseen.
Tiffany
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good but a bit cheesy.
Katie Cate
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: smut-in-the-now
The back cover/elevator pitch was what enticed me to purchase and read this book. While I liked the plot I just couldn't get behind or like the characters. While I understand this is a work of fiction and not everything is going to be realistic, I had to overlook a ton of things in both of their lives. For example, I know they had jobs but they never seemed to work. And if they did work who watched their kids while they were gone? They also were flying quite a bit and I don't know about you, but ...more
Susanne M.
A message from heaven

Two shattered souls heal one another and they get the push they need from an unexpected source. Overall quality of writing was good, some steamy intimacy scenes, no cheating or cliffhanger and you get a happy ever after.
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
**** 4 Cranky Stars ****

This is a bittersweet love story about a second chance at love after heartbreak.

Blake lost his wife unexpectedly to a horrific incident leaving him and his two young children behind. With a broken heart, he said his goodbye, positive that he would never find love again.

Ten months later, he met Cassidy.

Cassidy’s heart had been broken too. As well as her faith in finding a new love. Ridiculed and abandoned by the father of her unborn child, Cassidy shied away from relations
Ana Rita
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm trying to find words to start this review without sounding like a parrot, lol, always repeating myself but I can't. I just can't so deal with it.
I've wanted to read a book from this author for so long but time wasn't in my favor and when I had an opening I just started it. And I want to slap myself for taking so long but now it's done and oh boy!!
M. C. Decker has a great and simple writing that will make you feel and blush sometimes...
Unforeseen is her latest release and what a book.
This
Lynn Lim
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with MC Decker and her writing abilities when I read Unwritten. Granted, I wanted to hurt her when I reached the end. Yes, there was a cliffhanger. She redeemed herself with Unscripted, so she may live.
We were introduced to Cassidy and Blake in the aforementioned books. In my opinion, they ALWAYS deserved their own book and now, MC Decker has done this with this spectacular book, Unforeseen.
I am not going to rehash the story line, for a couple of reasons, first it is in the blurb
Hanan
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great love story about taking chances for a second time.
Blake is a single father of two young children. His wife is tragically killed by a drunk driver.
She was the love of his life. He's still only thirty-three and he can't imagine ever being or feeling in love with anyone again.
Cassidy is a single mom of bright five year old Kaitlyn. Cassidy thought she found the love of her life with Kaity's dad. The dad she finds out she's pregnant and tells him he walks out on her.
She now dedicates her life
Tammi
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-top-10
I first met sassy Cass and sexy Blake as the best friends in the Unspoken series but this is THEIR story. A complete stand alone but fatastic complementary story to the other.
This book put me on an emotional rollercoaster! From the heartbreaking prologue, to the happy tears in the last chapter, to the big smile I wore reading the epilogue. LOVED every word!
One of my favorite parts was the kids!! And this author let them be unpredictable, nosey, c#ck blocking,, real life kids. I love kids in stor
Stacie Christensen

Blake
I was living every man’s dream; I had the career I’d always wanted, my soulmate in my corner, an adorable daughter, and a son on the way. Everything was perfect until it wasn't. A series of unfo
Julie Gustafson-Monk
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reads
I loved loved loved this book.
At first, I didnt think I was going to make it through the first part. I cried and cried. Luckily I made it through and finished one of the best books I have ever read. This is Blake and Cassidy's story.
Blake lost his wife in a tragic accident and was left to raise two kids on his own. He is the picture perfect single daddy. He vows to move on with his life and possibly with Cassidy. But first, he needs to learn to let go of his ex wife.

Cassidy had a horrible pas
Laila Viking
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
A well written story and plot. I like the main characters Blake and Cassidy. But sometimes Cassidy really annoys me and bring me to the edge of screaming at her. She is way to stubborn and acts like a spoiled teenager. But apart from that it is a great story that brings aspects that could be real life issues.
It is written in dual POV which I like very much because it gives the reader the chance to know both characters thoughts and feelings.
The story has some twists in it but it is rather predic
Margaret
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After tragedy can you find happiness again? After years of being afraid of taking a chance on love can you open yourself enough to try?

Blake Mitchell lost the love of his life in a tragic accident leaving him a widower father of two kids under three. A little less then a year later Blake meets a woman who makes him feel again. But is it too soon after loosing his wife to try again.

Cassidy Carpenter has spent years bringing everyone else their fairy tale wedding knowing that she would never have
Dawn  Burger
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best books I've read this year. It is heart wrenching, have the tissues ready!!
If you've read the Unspoken Series you've already met Blake and Cassidy, Rich and Brooke's best friends. If you haven't, Unforeseen can be read as a stand alone.
My heart hurt from the beginning. Between the two of them there are three children with only one parent. Blake is a widower, having lost the love of his life in a tragic accident. Cassidy is a single mom who has raised her daughter alone sin
Denise Anderson
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was so good. M.C. did a fantastic job with her writing. The way it was written I felt like I was listening into real conversations and i was actually there. This story is Blake and Cassidy's. Blake's wife dies at a very young age leaving him with 2 children, 1 a new born that she never met. Cassidy has a daughter 5 and has been raising her by herself from the beginning of the 2 lines on a pregnancy test. So she didn't believe in love even though she sold others to the idea of a happily ...more
Coco.V
Mar 23, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (3/23/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:

Norma
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You are all going to love this book. Grab the tissues, I was crying at the beginning and realized I hadn't even hit the first chapter, I was only on the Prologue. First you're crying then as you get into the story, you can relax and enjoy the story. You'll find yourself laughing at Sassy Cass, and loving Blake the whole time. Then you're grabbing the tissues again. This was an emotional roller coaster of a ride and I loved every minute of it. Can't wait to read the first two books that this was ...more
Bethany
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very sweet second chance romance.
I liked that it was "messy" and by that I mean it was not a billionaire scooping up the perfect woman and they gallop into the sunset on glitter covered ponies.
It was a single mom and a widower trying to balance life after loss, their jobs, and life with kids all while trying to find themselves as parents and find love again. Can they allow love into their lives again?

Then the epilogue!!! I love a good epilogue. For some reason when it is years down the road, I
Christine Frieseke-Miller
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am so in love with Blake. This broken dad who has lost the love of his life, is ready to open his heart to love again when he runs into Cassidy at his best friend's wedding. Cassidy isn't quite ready to dip her toe into the dating pool, but Blake is patient. When Cassidy finally gives Blake a chance he doesn't want anything to stand in their way. He knows that life is too short and he doesn't want to waste a minute of the time they could be together. There are always bumps in the road, but MC ...more
Charmane Phillips
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is first book I've read from M.C. Decker and it was Excellent! Unforeseen is about Blake and Cassidy. It's a spin off from her duet Unwritten & Unscripted which is about Brooke and Rich. You don't have to read those before reading Unforeseen. I didn't and there was nothing off or missing and the story flowed perfectly. My heart broke immediately once I started reading this. I thought to myself aww s**t I already need tissues and I've only read the prologue. This was a very emotional but hot ...more
Krista Ricchi
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
From start to finish I couldn't put this book down. The emotions were pouring off the pages and you will need a box of tissues. Love, heartbreak and a force that couldn't be broken Blake and Cassidy have a love that could last a lifetime. That is if they can let the past remain in the past. Both broken by love in different ways couldn't deny the instant connection. I love how their relationship unfolds and you get to see all the secondary characters connections to one another. This book was very ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Tempting Me
  • Love Won (Winning at Love #1)
  • Single Dad on Top: The Complete Series Boxed Set
  • This Time Around (The Bennett's Bastards Series, #2)
  • Bound to Steele (Bound to the Billionaires #1)
  • The Southern Billionaire Romance Series Collection (Southern Billionaires, #1-4)
  • Playing It Safe (York Bombers, #5)
  • S is for Second Chance (Office Secrets #2)
  • Trusting You (Players to Lovers, #1)
  • Her Montana Hero (This Old House #1; Montana Born Homecoming #2)
  • Ruined Plans (Ruined #1)
  • Arrested by Love (Long Valley, #2)
  • The Vow (Manhattan Nights, #1)
  • Burn So Good (Into The Fire, #5)
  • Coasting (Gold Hockey, #8)
  • Colton  (Wild Men, #2)
  • Heartbreaker (Billionaires of White Oaks #1)
  • Unexpected Reality (Unexpected Arrivals, #1)