Start by marking “Unforeseen” as Want to Read:
Unforeseen

Unforeseen

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  557 Ratings  ·  124 Reviews
Cassidy
I always believed in fairy tales. So much so that I made a career out of them. As a wedding planner, I made it my goal to perfect everyone else's happily-ever-after. I even believed in finding mine once, too, until one man left me alone and pregnant –crushing my dreams, and leaving me jaded.

Blake
I was living every man’s dream; I had the career I’d always wanted, my
Paperback
Published October 2nd 2017 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Unforeseen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unforeseen

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

descriptionNot a huge fan of this cover. It's a bit boring, and the placement of the title is really odd and throws off the entire composition.description

descriptionI thought this one was cute (mostly). It turned a little cheesy around 80%, but overall I enjoyed it well enough. If you don't like the "dead wife" thing than you probably should give this one a pass. I am not bothered by it usually, and I wasn't really in this book as well. That said, the author does jump back in time as the hero thinks back to individual moments w
Chantal  (iScream Books)
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
M.C. has completely floored me with her latest book. I couldn't put it down, I had to know what was going to happen with two main characters and their explosive chemistry. And she definitely didn't disappoint, she wrote a book with passion, loads of silly banter, and a topic you rarely see in the reading world..... both main characters are raising kids on their own for completely different reasons.

Blake is recently widowed dad of a young daughter and a newborn son. He is a journalist by day and
Liz
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Unforeseen by M.C. Decker was so much fun to read. Do not get me wrong, it had some very turbulent moments, but overall a great story about finding your second chance!

Blake knew happiness at its best. He loved his wife and children and had a good a good job. Everything was perfect. Then before he knew it, he was a widower with two kids to raise. I loved Blake. He was such a good man, honest, determined and caring.

Cassidy is a wedding planner who once believed in happily-ever-after. Helping oth
Johnaka
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Unforeseen by M.C. Decker
“Grab the tissues and wine, 5 stars”

Unforeseen has been in the making for years. If you’ve read Brooke and Rich’s story than you know who Cassidy and Blake are, if not that’s okay. This story will break your heart right off the bat. At first you’ll reach for the tissues to cry your eyes out then switch to wine to finish the story. Honestly, I’ve never been through anything that is in the story but Unforeseen made me feel like I lived it.
Blake knew love once. He had that
Shannon

What happens when you mix one sassy, independent woman who’s given up on her own hea, with a man who thought he’d never find love again? You get Unforeseen, a lovely story of second chances. Cassidy Carpenter is a single mom who has been raising her daughter on her own since day one. Blake Mitchell is a widowed father of two, still dealing with the heartbreak of losing his wife. Neither one was looking for love, it wasn’t even on the radar for these two…you could even say it was unforeseen.

When
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
description
Unforeseen by M.C. Decker was a pretty decent read. A bittersweet second chance at love again story.

The plotline was good and for the most part I liked the characters. Blake, the handsome widower and single father, who is not sure if he is ready to find love again. Cassidy, the single mother to an adorable little girl, who doesn't believe in true love for herself but is a wedding planner.

The main problem I had with this story was Cassidy. She sent so many mixed signals to Blake that I was ready
Susan
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Maddy's Reading
Shelves: arcs
Why haven’t I read this author before??? Seriously I was cursing myself by the time I finished this book. It was sooo good. 😍😍
Cassidy is a single mom and a commitment-phobe. He lives revolves around her job and her day Kaity. Then her best friend gets married and she meets the best man Blake Mitchell.
I felt so emotional Reading Blake’s story. A year prior to the wedding, Blake lost his wife and was left all alone with his one year old daughter Maddie and newborn son Ben. I loved his resilience
Dana
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a way for an opening!

My heart broke for Blake, Maddy and Ben from the very first page. I couldn't imagine going through what they had to endure.

When Cassidy and Blake meet, I was so rooting for them!

This was my first book from Ms. Decker and I thoroughly enjoyed. She was able to draw the reader in from the beginning. I didn't want to stop reading (which I didn't, I finished within a day).

I highly recommend Unforeseen.
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
**** 4 Cranky Stars ****

This is a bittersweet love story about a second chance at love after heartbreak.

Blake lost his wife unexpectedly to a horrific incident leaving him and his two young children behind. With a broken heart, he said his goodbye, positive that he would never find love again.

Ten months later, he met Cassidy.

Cassidy’s heart had been broken too. As well as her faith in finding a new love. Ridiculed and abandoned by the father of her unborn child, Cassidy shied away from relations
Ana Rita
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm trying to find words to start this review without sounding like a parrot, lol, always repeating myself but I can't. I just can't so deal with it.
I've wanted to read a book from this author for so long but time wasn't in my favor and when I had an opening I just started it. And I want to slap myself for taking so long but now it's done and oh boy!!
M. C. Decker has a great and simple writing that will make you feel and blush sometimes...
Unforeseen is her latest release and what a book.
This
Lynn Lim
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with MC Decker and her writing abilities when I read Unwritten. Granted, I wanted to hurt her when I reached the end. Yes, there was a cliffhanger. She redeemed herself with Unscripted, so she may live.
We were introduced to Cassidy and Blake in the aforementioned books. In my opinion, they ALWAYS deserved their own book and now, MC Decker has done this with this spectacular book, Unforeseen.
I am not going to rehash the story line, for a couple of reasons, first it is in the blurb
Hanan
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great love story about taking chances for a second time.
Blake is a single father of two young children. His wife is tragically killed by a drunk driver.
She was the love of his life. He's still only thirty-three and he can't imagine ever being or feeling in love with anyone again.
Cassidy is a single mom of bright five year old Kaitlyn. Cassidy thought she found the love of her life with Kaity's dad. The dad she finds out she's pregnant and tells him he walks out on her.
She now dedicates her life
Stacie Christensen
Cassidy

Blake
I was living every man’s dream; I had the career I’d always wanted, my soulmate in my corner, an adorable daughter, and a son on the way. Everything was perfect until it wasn't. A series of unfo
Julie Gustafson-Monk
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reads
I loved loved loved this book.
At first, I didnt think I was going to make it through the first part. I cried and cried. Luckily I made it through and finished one of the best books I have ever read. This is Blake and Cassidy's story.
Blake lost his wife in a tragic accident and was left to raise two kids on his own. He is the picture perfect single daddy. He vows to move on with his life and possibly with Cassidy. But first, he needs to learn to let go of his ex wife.

Cassidy had a horrible pas
Tammi
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-top-10
I first met sassy Cass and sexy Blake as the best friends in the Unspoken series but this is THEIR story. A complete stand alone but fatastic complementary story to the other.
This book put me on an emotional rollercoaster! From the heartbreaking prologue, to the happy tears in the last chapter, to the big smile I wore reading the epilogue. LOVED every word!
One of my favorite parts was the kids!! And this author let them be unpredictable, nosey, c#ck blocking,, real life kids. I love kids in stor
Laila Viking
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
A well written story and plot. I like the main characters Blake and Cassidy. But sometimes Cassidy really annoys me and bring me to the edge of screaming at her. She is way to stubborn and acts like a spoiled teenager. But apart from that it is a great story that brings aspects that could be real life issues.
It is written in dual POV which I like very much because it gives the reader the chance to know both characters thoughts and feelings.
The story has some twists in it but it is rather predic
Denise Anderson
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was so good. M.C. did a fantastic job with her writing. The way it was written I felt like I was listening into real conversations and i was actually there. This story is Blake and Cassidy's. Blake's wife dies at a very young age leaving him with 2 children, 1 a new born that she never met. Cassidy has a daughter 5 and has been raising her by herself from the beginning of the 2 lines on a pregnancy test. So she didn't believe in love even though she sold others to the idea of a happily ...more
Margaret
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After tragedy can you find happiness again? After years of being afraid of taking a chance on love can you open yourself enough to try?

Blake Mitchell lost the love of his life in a tragic accident leaving him a widower father of two kids under three. A little less then a year later Blake meets a woman who makes him feel again. But is it too soon after loosing his wife to try again.

Cassidy Carpenter has spent years bringing everyone else their fairy tale wedding knowing that she would never have
Dawn  Burger
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best books I've read this year. It is heart wrenching, have the tissues ready!!
If you've read the Unspoken Series you've already met Blake and Cassidy, Rich and Brooke's best friends. If you haven't, Unforeseen can be read as a stand alone.
My heart hurt from the beginning. Between the two of them there are three children with only one parent. Blake is a widower, having lost the love of his life in a tragic accident. Cassidy is a single mom who has raised her daughter alone sin
Bethany
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very sweet second chance romance.
I liked that it was "messy" and by that I mean it was not a billionaire scooping up the perfect woman and they gallop into the sunset on glitter covered ponies.
It was a single mom and a widower trying to balance life after loss, their jobs, and life with kids all while trying to find themselves as parents and find love again. Can they allow love into their lives again?

Then the epilogue!!! I love a good epilogue. For some reason when it is years down the road, I
Christine Frieseke-Miller
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am so in love with Blake. This broken dad who has lost the love of his life, is ready to open his heart to love again when he runs into Cassidy at his best friend's wedding. Cassidy isn't quite ready to dip her toe into the dating pool, but Blake is patient. When Cassidy finally gives Blake a chance he doesn't want anything to stand in their way. He knows that life is too short and he doesn't want to waste a minute of the time they could be together. There are always bumps in the road, but MC ...more
Norma
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You are all going to love this book. Grab the tissues, I was crying at the beginning and realized I hadn't even hit the first chapter, I was only on the Prologue. First you're crying then as you get into the story, you can relax and enjoy the story. You'll find yourself laughing at Sassy Cass, and loving Blake the whole time. Then you're grabbing the tissues again. This was an emotional roller coaster of a ride and I loved every minute of it. Can't wait to read the first two books that this was ...more
Krista Ricchi
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
From start to finish I couldn't put this book down. The emotions were pouring off the pages and you will need a box of tissues. Love, heartbreak and a force that couldn't be broken Blake and Cassidy have a love that could last a lifetime. That is if they can let the past remain in the past. Both broken by love in different ways couldn't deny the instant connection. I love how their relationship unfolds and you get to see all the secondary characters connections to one another. This book was very ...more
Stephanie Rose
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm in love with Blake Mitchell. It happened fast, but it was oh so real.

MC Decker created two broken characters you can't help but love and root for. Cass was closed off, hiding her hurt behind her sass, when she first meets Blake. He's holding in his own pain but can't help but notice her. Their chemistry was playful and scorching, and sucked me in right away. Unforeseen is a sweet story about finding love again where you least expect it, and being brave enough to grab it with both hands.
Charmane Hackworth
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is first book I've read from M.C. Decker and it was Excellent! Unforeseen is about Blake and Cassidy. It's a spin off from her duet Unwritten & Unscripted which is about Brooke and Rich. You don't have to read those before reading Unforeseen. I didn't and there was nothing off or missing and the story flowed perfectly. My heart broke immediately once I started reading this. I thought to myself aww s**t I already need tissues and I've only read the prologue. This was a very emotional but ...more
Meaghan Royce- Love Infinity Book Blog
I've loved all of MC Decker's books and this one was no exception. After getting to know Cassidy in the previous books, it was great to see her have her own story. Life isn't always rainbows and butterflies, which is greatly depicted in this book. After everything Cass and Blake have been through separately, it's hard for either of them believe in happily ever after. I liked the storyline and all the funny parts in this book. I loved the ending and getting to see where they end up. I would defin ...more
Lara Petterson
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars and I liked the cover!!

Finally, I read an MC Decker book! <---- yeah me! I liked this book it felt like they had so many obstacles to overcome and emotional from page one. Blake is a widower and single dad of two. Cass is a single momof one with deep-rooted men issues. Plus they live in different states. They meet at the wedding of their best friends and they both have an instant attraction. Read this to find out if their chemistry can see them past their real life problems to an HEA.
Jen
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reading about 2 souls coming together made this absolutely perfect. Cass thought she would never find anyone and wouldn't open up her heart to anyone. Blake came in and swooped her off her feet, determined to make her believe that she could love someone. I find Cass as myself in this book, still looking for the perfect match. It's hard to let your wall down. I was so happy she finally gave in and made a family with Blake and his children. Her daughter also got a father that she never had. I cann ...more
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
What a way for an opening!

When Cassidy and Blake meet, I was so rooting for them!

I highly recommend Unforeseen.

~A Book Nerd📚

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • The End of the Affair
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
  • A Messy, Beautiful Life
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Pestilence (The Four Horsemen, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Twisted Up (Taking Chances, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Fangs and Fennel (The Venom Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)