Start by marking “Make Every Man Want You: How to Be So Irresistible You'll Barely Keep from Dating Yourself!” as Want to Read:

Let's make one thing clear: this book is like no other dating book you've read. There are no rules, no list of things to do to land a husband in thirty days, and no reason to blame yourself if “he's just not that into you.” Please. Throw those books away.

Instead, let's focus on you--and how you can make yourself more appealing to others in almost every situation--whether y
Published May 1st 2008 by McGraw-Hill (first published June 21st 2006)

Start your review of Make Every Man Want You: How to Be So Irresistible You'll Barely Keep from Dating Yourself!
Chrissy
Jun 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Cute and applicable guide to putting your best foot forward in all relationships.

I must say, after reading this book, all men want me and it's too time consuming to date them all...
Jami
Mar 16, 2012 rated it did not like it
This book is 99% crap. All this "is-ness" and other junk won't help. It'll just keep you in the same old rut because you'll be accepting the bad places you're stuck in.

Get rid of my list? ABSOLUTELY NOT! My grandma Pavlick always said you can NEVER be too picky when it comes to a man. It's better to end up alone then settling for someone who makes you miserable. And I know if a man doesn't meet my requirements he'll make me miserable.

I can see the point of throwing out those stupid "Rules" - bu
Rossy
Oct 23, 2014 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF at 40%
I JUST CAN'T
Cara
Nov 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Cara by: Dani
Don't be fooled by the title--this is an example of the marketing truth that people will buy what they want, not what they need. If the book had been called "How to Be Your Best Self--i.e., Your YOUest You!" I would have passed it by. But that's what it's really about. Becoming irresistible to men is a likely side-effect of doing that, but more importantly, you'll love yourself and your life. Hell yeah, that's what I'm talking about!

I think this book has pried me out of the last dregs of my depr
Merary

At first, I wasn't going to write a review, but I decided that not leaving one would be a disservice. I'm not necessarily a fan of Marie Forleo, but I appreciate her content and she seems like a well-spoken and wise individual. Why am I reading a book about attracting men? Because I thought I could improve in that area. And besides, Forleo promised over and over that this dating book is different from the rest and that I should forget about the rules. Did she deliver what she preached?

Nicole G.
I don't want every man to want me, but I have to give her props for a catchy hook. The preface reads like a bad infomercial (are there good infomercials? Probably not). "What if I told you that I could make magic happen in an hour's time? What if I taught you how to harness the magnet that resides inside every woman to pull men out of thin air and towards you RIGHT NOW? I'm going to share the secret of being so irresistible that you will change your life no matter what!" I'm only being slightly ...more
Leah
Mar 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book was recommended to me by my cousin and I thought the title was so funny that I had to buy it. The book was actually excellent. It's not the type of book that give you cheesy pointers on how to find a man, but it's more about being fabulous and learning to love everything about yourself and your life. She talks about not putting things off in life because you're waiting for the point when you eventually find someone, and it's very inspiring, a get up and go type of missive fir single wo ...more
Fabi
Oct 18, 2014 rated it liked it
This is a really small book. I finished in two days, it had a really entertaining writing and some concepts I agree with such as a higher force(god, the universe, or whatever you decide to call it), while at the same time giving YOU the control to manage your life and not letting you take the victim position which I always find so enfuriating.

It has good advices, still however, I think it has a very simplistic aproach to life and more general problems that can need professional help, like if you
Art
Jul 14, 2012 rated it liked it
Since I've been following the author Marie Forleo on youtube and heard about her book, I wanted to check it out. I really don't read these type of books so I have nothing to compare it too. Now that's out of the way, I have to say I found the book to be okay. I didn't have any "aha moments" but learned one thing. Which is I am on the right track. Most of the things mention for women to do, I've already realized and started making changes. I really don't have much to say, it's a self-help book. M ...more
Nats
Mar 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
Since I couldn't think of anything worse than having every man want me, I'm not entirely sure why I read this book. There were some interesting nuggets in there (hence two-stars rather than one), but for the time and effort, I'd rather read anything recommended by the Entheos guys. ...more
Sultan
Apr 27, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 京都で
I read it because I liked some of youtube videos by her. I thought she will share her ideas about business, working, achivement and being emotionally not dependent on men, but instead she advised not to do such and such things to be likable by men. 1 star is because this book made me evaluate one more time that I can choose to be myself and not to be likable by men or others. Not recommended.
Amy
Jun 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014
I read a little over half this book and then gave up. It really was more of the same old same old (Don't argue with men, don't have too much of an opinion, lose weight...). I am not even sure why I picked this up except that maybe I thought it would be a fun read. It really isn't worth the effort I put into reading it.
My Dear Self
Jul 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
Judgmental, uniformative, offensive, sexist.
Very useful and practical advice like "just deal with it", "don't think about it", "forget about your past", "don't be anxious","just don't think about your trauma, you whiny weak annoying woman".
Mar 10, 2014 rated it did not like it
The author spent more time praising the reader for taking the time to purchase the book than to offer any real advice. The best part of this book is the title.
Jaime
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Despite the name of this book, I really liked it! Insightful information about making yourself happy, being in the moment and relaxing without expectations of how life should be.
Kat Robey
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Attention grabbing title to focus on authenticity

I’ve had this book for a while and never made it a priority to read. I’m glad I finally did! The core of being present and tending to your own stories and self worth are so valuable and totally accessible in Marie’s concise and direct book. I know many people who are in the way of their own irresistible life-I’ll be recommending this book as another way to wake up that irresistibility and live more fully and with more intentional engagement.
Mai
Feb 22, 2014 rated it really liked it

Make Every Man Want You ,the title attracted me at first and i expected this book to be all about relationships' rules and techniques that you have to follow to make every man want you, in other words a game of manipulation ,but this book encourages you to break all the rules and just to be yourself ,to hell with the rules .it seems interesting that it's all about you ,not him that you have to take care of yourself and get a life and be independent first to make yourself irresistible to any man
Amr
Dec 30, 2017 added it
The book is a very simplified version for "the power of now" , the title was chosen just to attract readers. I liked some of the "5 truths" like: relationship will NOT save you; there is no grantee in love or life; and men are as-is merchandise.

While for the 7 habits of highly unattractive women I agree with: hardened and bitter attitude; and chatty and critical. These two habits are full of destructive negative vibes.

I also liked some of the 8 secrets for "magnetizing" men, e.g. when it is Men
Irene Palfy
Jul 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
Now - this was.. an experience.. It showed me that there are several very sad women out there - and I am feeling very sorry for them.. I hope for those who need a book like this to get hold of it and read it and get help from it.. Me it showed how happy I already am.. Which is actually a nice effect..

So: no new ideas - but several funny things and antagonisms..:

There're no rules - but don't do this.. ... Be yourself - but not too much..

...

Really - I had fun.. :") and I love the cover..

But: if
Ebony
Jul 15, 2013 rated it did not like it
I picked up Make Every Man Want You because I started watching Marie TV, and I really like Forleo’s engery. The book was a disappointment though. I don’t think there was a nuanced idea in it. She just advises women to be their best selves and live in the moment. All the advice about taking care of yourself and not being a desperate nag seemed pretty basic to me. Or maybe I’m just not the audience. The book also didn’t seem to have her energy on the page the way it comes across on the screen. I a ...more
Wady
Sep 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Good for a 16-ish young girl in search of herself.

Would've expected something a lot more challenging from Marie, though. I would have answered questions like:
- What does it mean to be a woman in today's society and do you really need to fit that shape?
- How am I going to find the woman in me and how is she different from the person in me?!
- How is my relationship going to help me define my woman-identity?
- Nonconformist relationships - how do gender roles fit into those?
- Etc.

Loved the attitud
Josie
Mar 04, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: didn-t-finish
Oh man, I love Marie Forleo so much. I've followed her videos for YEARS and adore her writing and speaking style. I'm participating in her online workshop right now, and her work has CHANGED MY LIFE.

But, this book is just not for me. I feel like maybe this was a fledgling project for her? Her writing now is so much stronger than this. Or maybe I'm just not the audience since I'm married and already have a meditation practice. What ever the case, this just wasn't for me. But. I still adore her an
Isabel Salas
Dec 03, 2014 rated it liked it
It was ok to read, I think many girls should read this book, it's not a dating guide, don't pay that much attention to the title, it's more a women empowerment book, reminding you to love yourself and reminding u as well how awesome u are, being genuine and confident is the new sexy
Charissa Modeste
Jan 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Great advice. More about cleaning up negative beliefs that sabotage relationships (not just romantic ones) and just generally improving your outlook and motivations with people. Nice, quick read.

Heba
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
i have found it good and beneficial for some extents
but somehow i felt as if it is based on the authers own ideas and life experiences, that you are not confident that every idea will work with you
in brief; in my point of view: this is not the book that will shift your life if you seek that
Heidi Vu
May 09, 2017 rated it liked it
I just read this book after finishing Art of Seduction by Robert Greene. It's the complete opposite of this book. I feel like there were some too
general information. But, there were some great insight too such as that relationships are spiritual opportunity for personal development.
Sara
Sep 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Read at the library when i was a teen and thought it was great. As an adult just purchased it and thought it was too basic and didn't give good advice. Her youtube series gives much better info and advice.
Gina
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: social-sciences
An interesting look at self-confidence and how attract the right guy by understanding who YOU are. It was a little preachy to me at times, just because of the re-emphasis on certain points, but overall informative.
Catherine
Apr 29, 2009 rated it liked it
Yes, I love to check out books for their titles. What is missing the the subtitle...

"How to be so irresistible you'll barely keep from dating yourself!"

Anne
Sep 21, 2013 rated it it was ok
Fast read, simple. Was all about ACT in dating, so it wasn’t earth-shattering.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Self Help Lite 1 10 Apr 08, 2009 03:41PM

• Why Him? Why Her?: Understanding Your Personality Type and Finding the Perfect Match
  • Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man: What Men Really Think About Love, Relationships, Intimacy, and Commitment
  • Girl On Fire: How to Choose Yourself, Burn the Rule Book, and Blaze Your Own Trail in Life and Business
  • Manualul femeii de succes
  • Eu sunt femeie
  • The Secret Gratitude Book
  • Like She Owns the Place: Unlock the Secret of Lasting Confidence
  • Women Who Love Too Much: When You Keep Wishing and Hoping He'll Change
  • Oprah Winfrey: 50 Life and Business Lessons from Oprah Winfrey
  • Filosofia sexului
  • Taint (Sexual Education, #1)
  • Why Men Marry Bitches
  • Reflections Of A Man
  • True Love
  • Why Men Don't Listen and Women Can't Read Maps: How We're Different and What to Do About It
  • Sînt o babă comunistă!
  • 1 Litre of Tears
  • Why Men Want Sex and Women Need Love: Solving the Mystery of Attraction
A born-and-raised Jersey girl with nothing more than passion, a laptop and a dream, Marie Forleo has created a socially conscious digital empire that inspires millions across the globe.

Named by Oprah as a thought leader for the next generation, she’s the star of the award-winning show MarieTV, with over 47 million views, and host of The Marie Forleo Podcast, with more than eight million downloads.

Related Articles

“In short, here's what making is-ness your business means: engage in your life with enthusiasm exactly as it is, regardless of your likes and dislikes, your preferences, ideas, beliefs, and opinions about how things should be or could be. Unconditionally allow things to be the way they are. When you deal with what is, or your is-ness, you can then choose who you'd like to be in relationship to that.” 3 likes
“Operating from the idea that a relationship (or anything else) will somehow complete you, save you, or make your life magically take off is a surefire way to keep yourself unhappy and unhitched.
Ironically, quite the opposite is true. What you really need to understand is that nothing outside of you can ever produce a lasting sense of completeness, security, or success. There’s no man, relationship, job, amount of money, house, car, or anything else that can produce an ongoing sense of happiness, satisfaction, security, and fulfillment in you.
Some women get confused by the word save. In this context, what it refers to is the mistaken idea that a relationship will rid you of feelings of emptiness, loneliness, insecurity, or fear that are inherent to every human being. That finding someone to be with will somehow “save” you from yourself. We all need to wake up and recognize that those feelings are a natural part of the human experience. They’re not meaningful. They only confirm the fact that we are alive and have a pulse. The real question is, what will you invest in: your insecurity or your irresistibility? The choice is yours.
Once you get that you are complete and whole right now, it’s like flipping a switch that will make you more attractive, authentic, and relaxed in any dating situation—instantly. All of the desperate, needy, and clingy vibes that drive men insane will vanish because you’ve stopped trying to use a relationship to fix yourself. The fact is, you are totally capable of experiencing happiness, satisfaction, and fulfillment right now. All you have to do is start living your life like you count. Like you matter. Like what you do in each moment makes a difference in the world. Because it really does.
That means stop putting off your dreams, waiting for someday, or delaying taking action on those things you know you want for yourself because somewhere deep inside you’re hoping that Prince Charming will come along to make it all better. You know what I’m talking about. The tendency to hold back from investing in your career, your health, your home, your finances, or your family because you’re single and you figure those things will all get handled once you land “the one.”
Psst. Here’s a secret: holding back in your life is what’s keeping him away.
Don’t wait until you find someone. You are someone.”
3 likes