Start by marking “The Protection of Ren Crown (Ren Crown, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Protection of Ren Crown (Ren Crown, #2)

The Protection of Ren Crown

(Ren Crown #2)

Barely surviving her first term at college, all Ren wants to do over break is relax and bond with her roommate—not get eaten by a sentient building or attacked on the street. But with increasingly open warfare brewing between the magical factions and Layers of the world, this time, Ren will not fail in making sure everyone she loves stays safe and protected.

That includes
Published May 9th 2014 by Excelsine Press

To ask other readers questions about The Protection of Ren Crown, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Protection of Ren Crown

Start your review of The Protection of Ren Crown (Ren Crown, #2)
T
the ending of this book was insane and completely solidified that i love ren/constantine as a ship and also that i would die for ren crown and olivia price. i hope my thoughts come out coherent.

HERE WE GO.

ren is genuinely one of my favorite characters ever. god, i love her SO much. she is so capable and strong and loving and determined and loyal and courageous and reckless and powerful and self-sacrificing and pure. from the first scene in the library, you can see how much see how much she is wi
Ornella (Nyx)
9/10/17 - Screw it. It's totally 5 starts now. That ending is fantastic.

6/7/14 - 4.5 Stars Definitely. And yes I reread it already :P

3/6/14 - 4.5 Stars?

I'm not sure yet. All I can think about is Constantine! I don't know if to love him or hit him over the head with a blunt object.
Constantine opened the door as I approached, then tsked as soon as he closed the door behind me. "You destroyed it. Darling, you really must stop getting rid of such useful devices."

"Constantine, it did horrible things
alyssa
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
this book was all about renlivia that is IT aka one of the best f/f friendships to ever exist
Elizabeth
May 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I reached the end of this book and thought, "When can I read the next one?" Thankfully, in this case, the thought was less due to a cliff-hanger ending and more because I want to see how this series keeps developing. Don't get me wrong - there's plenty of ends that have been left unresolved, but the same was true of the first book in this series and I felt that was a strength. In both cases, there's narrative room to build on.
The work Zoelle started in Book 1 of world building was continued here
Eri
Dec 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Re-read 4/2/18

I honestly forgot how much I loved Constantine, one of my fave fictional boys ever. Also lol throwback to naive me who didn't see how manipulative Dare can be. Dare and Con are still the most interesting characters for me though, despite feeling mixed towards Dare as a person, and the roommate scene made me laugh.

I have no words for the massively good vibes I got from reading this like the elation I get from reading about my favorite characters is powerful.

Constantine and Dare ar
emma
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm really starting to love these books, this one was a lot better than the first. The best parts of these books is hands down the relationships, and I think Olivia and Ren's is what makes me like these books so much.
Navdha
Gaahhh this book is such a delightful read! There is lots of action, great character developments, some pretty important reveals and overall 400+ pages of awesomeness and magical ka-pow. The pacing is pretty good. The book starts and ends with a bang..and the middle is full of Ren growing her friend circle at Excelsine, trying to free herself of Raphael, working with Con and Will on more crazy inventions, getting to know Dare better and being adorably dorky and brilliant at the same time (oh and ...more
ash
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
... that showed me the secrets of the universe for a single moment in time. So tantalizing and frustrating. So perfectly you”

This book was even better than the first one and wow, I'm honestly so amazed.
This book had me hooked from the very beginning.

Ren met so many new people and made both friends and enemies. I absolutely loved Olivia in this book, she's fierce, dependent and loyal.

Moving on, we got to see Alexander Dare actually smiling and being friendly/nice, I wasn't ready.

And Constant
sofia
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars because there was too much dare but otherwise holy shit this book was so good!!!!
Navdha
Re-read review
I had planned on writing the review for this as soon as I finished it but then I started re-reading The Rise of Ren Crown and now I'm too invested in it to take a break and gather my thoughts for this. But I will write a review because there are many things I want to say.
---------------------------------------------
That was one magical ending..with a lot of magical ka-boom! Now how long do I have to wait for the next one?
Lucia
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Okay so even though I have the first book 5 stars and this one also 5 stars, this one like blows the first book out of the water. which i didn't think was possible.

Anyways, this continues with the amazing magic stuff, but now the pacing is rapid fire and the friendships are deeper than ever and ugh oh my god so much shippable material in this one.

Things I really loved:
-The library of alexandria!! The fact that it tries to eat knowledge from the mages!! This is just another one of the cool whacky
Tallulah
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
it took me forever and i’m really in shock
Weaving Fiction ( Sj )
i have no words to express my love for this series
Jasmine
I love this series. I love the characters (Constantine especially), I love that the world building is well thought out (even if the complexity is confusing), and I love how long these books are. Seriously, I even wish they were 500 pages longer.

A lot of the things I didn't like about the first book were improved on. There was more character interaction, development, and dialogue. We also get a better understanding of Ren's personality because she's not as insane or confused as she was in the las
Zainab
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was wonderful. The only issue I had was the length to action ratio. The book was very long but not action packed until the very end! Don’t get me wrong I love life on campus and the build up of relationships, but a lot of the time there was nothing interesting going on.

I’m annoyed with myself because I would get lost or not understand certain parts of the book with the whimsical magic. I really really love magic and just wanted to catch up already but always felt like I was behind. Gr
amanda
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm seriously loving this series!!! Ren is such a supportive and loyal friend, and her relationships with Will, Neph, and especially with Olivia are so wonderful.

"I tugged on the thread that connected to Olivia. She arrived minutes later, as if she had been waiting for me to call - as if this connection had always existed as a way to contact each other.
I couldn't put into words any of my thoughts, but when our shoulders touched, I realized words weren't needed on such a night."

I enjoyed eve
Demi
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017, 4-stars
Still here rolling in my Constantine and Raphael lane
Valery
Jan 14, 2016 added it
I am seriously falling in love with this series. The characters are complex, the world has so many political ramifications, and the predictability factor is so very low it almost doesn't register...almost.

The only reason I can't give it 5 stars is the language.
Annette
May 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it! It was definitely worth the wait. I'm hoping the wait for the next book isn't too long.
claire
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I.. um.. what?

That knocked me off my feet. I don’t know how to write a decent review at the moment.
Nini
I'm only on the second book but I'm already so in love with these characters. Their love, compassion, loyalty for each other is awe inspiring. And I can only imagine how much stronger their bonds will get farther into the series. I would like to talk about each character (more exactly the ones I care about) separately a bit.

Ren. I lover her. I can't even describe with words how much I adore her. There really couldn't have been a better heroine for this whole story than Ren. She's absolutely with
Pamela
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
we started from the bottom: “I'm not going to sacrifice myself for anyone!” and now we're here:
"Olivia had sacrificed herself for me."

i love this book. like seriously, the ending blew me off.

i love how Ren is such a lovable and fierce person who wants to protect her family and friends and even those who aren't close to her heart but who helped her in her rule-breaking activities. i also love how she is such an idiot because she doesn't let her friends protect her the way she protects them. and
Lucy at Rain and Cupcakes Book Blog
Holy magical baby, this book was so good!! Full review to come!!
Kailene Piazza
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Amazing second book maybe I am bias since I am a painter but love love this series
Karla
Sep 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The Protection of Ren Crown was a huge step-up from the first book, and I don't mean that the first one was bad, I mean that Anne Zoelle took the sequel to a whole other level.

Coming into this one with all the knowledge I had of the world was a good thing, because while we don't get the info dump we got in the first book, this one delved right in to the magic and things happening to Ren Crown. She gets attacked in the First Layer, and accidentally uses some of the powers/Origin Mage abilities,
Gypsy Madden
Even just a couple of months feels waaaay too long of a wait for the next installment in this wonderful series. In the previous book, I dinged the first section up through to when she started at the school as dragging. This time, the beginning didn’t drag at all. I loved every minute of it, from the library at Alexandria (which I would love to see more of. It’s got me wondering what Dare’s allotted time would be), to Olivia hanging out at Ren’s house, to Ren’s birthday night. I also dinged Alexa ...more
Anna
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This sequel felt much more coherent than the first book, which introduced its world so quickly and comprehensively though the eyes of its grieving heroine. Crazy new fantasy world+crazy Ren trying to overturn the most fundamental law of life= bit of an acid trip. In this book, Zoelle establishes Ren's character, and as much as she mourns her brother, there is a kind of exuberant freedom that comes across in her that seems to a combination of no longer living in Christian's shadow and having emer ...more
Runningrabbit
I absolutely loved this. Any of the failings from the first book were firmly put far far away by the pure fabuawsesomeness of this second novel.

The whole book was cohesive, coming together into a tightly coiled novel. The book matured and grew all the way through, with no jerks but a gentle gradation that created strata forming it's own plateau and majesty until it reached the apex.

The characters were well knit, each having their own very unique traits, both good and bad. Very human. The relatio
Megan
Nov 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Megan by: Elizabeth
Shelves: favorites, fantasy, magic
Where do I even begin? "Protection" was definitely my favorite of the series **so far**, while 'Awakening' was excellent, we finally got to dive deeper into our characters and their evolving relationships and personalities in this book. If I had to pick one thing (and there are SO MANY!) that I truly appreciate about this book, it is how the characters grow and mature in their decisions and actions. I cannot explain how many books I have read where the characters keep making the same bad decisio ...more
Rochelle
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: have

Full review here: http://www.chocomeiske.com/2016/06/10...
I really love the character development of Ren and her circle of friends. No repeating the same mistakes over and over.
With loads of tension, intrigue. magic and danger-filled moments complemented by underlying themes of friendship amidst betrayal, The Protection of Ren Crown is a stunningly immersive sequel which left me practically salivating in anticipation of the next books. I highly recommend picking up this series if you haven’t al

• Pure (Pure, #1)
  • Covenant College: The Complete Series (Covenant College, #1-5)
  • A Dance of Silver and Shadow: A Retelling of the Twelve Dancing Princesses (Beyond the Four Kingdoms, #1)
  • Soul of the Sword (Shadow of the Fox, #2)
  • Night of the Dragon (Shadow of the Fox, #3)
  • Cosega Search (The Cosega Sequence, #1)
  • Winterborne (Universe Unbound, #1)
  • Queen of the Shining Sea (Blade and Rose, #4)
  • The Wedding Trap (Second Service, #1)
  • Delayed Admission (Shadow Veil Academy #1)
  • Intermediate Thermodynamics (Chemistry Lessons, #2)
  • Age of Deception (The Firebird Chronicles, #2)
  • Hidden Deep (Hidden Saga, #1)
  • Family and Honor (Jacky Leon #2)
  • A Demon Bound (Imp, #1)
  • Dragon's Awakening (Heir of Dragons #1)
  • Outling

Ren Crown (5 books)
  • The Awakening of Ren Crown (Ren Crown, #1)
  • The Rise of Ren Crown (Ren Crown, #3)
  • The Unleashing of Ren Crown (Ren Crown, #4)
  • The Destiny of Ren Crown (Ren Crown, #5)