Start by marking “Merman in My Tub, Vol. 2 (Merman in My Tub, #2)” as Want to Read:
Merman in My Tub, Vol. 2 (Merman in My Tub, #2)

Merman in My Tub, Vol. 2

(Merman in My Tub #2)

What happens when an intruder from the sea stakes claim to your bathtub? A cool yet demure teenage boy named Tatsumi must learn to live with the self-obsessed and playful merman, Wakasa, in a small Tokyo apartment. These two dissimilar young men will learn what it takes to deal with one another in their everyday lives. Who knows, maybe something beyond friendship will unfo ...more
Published January 5th 2016 by Seven Seas (first published October 27th 2012)

Start your review of Merman in My Tub, Vol. 2 (Merman in My Tub, #2)
Mal
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-graphic, own
Agari-senpai goes from being scary to laughable to terrifying in like .6 seconds. I love it.
Victoria ♡
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-manga
This is such a cute series, the volumes seem a little long because they have so many chapters, but it's so good!!
Maverynthia
Jan 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
This book would be a lot better without the little sister. Honestly it's gross the way she always wants to take a bath with her "onii-chan" and there's always a panel of him feeding her something phallic with her going "Onii-chan it's too big." with all the sexual implications coming from that. Her eyes with tears in them and blushing. Typical moe hentai shot.

Also Maki doesn't get enough love.
{erika}
Feb 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Everything with the sister is perverted and gross. I laughed a lot here especially with the shark and the watermelon. Read a lot out to my friends and generally enjoyed the absurdity of it all.
Luan
Mar 03, 2017 rated it liked it
it's nice except, once again, for the loli-like character. it just gets weirder and weirder.... :/
Samantha
Jun 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: People who love reading about Aquatic Creatures!
Shelves: manga-fantasy
Merman In My Tub Story & Art by Itokichi

Official Synopsis:
FLIPPER WHIPPER! Mellow and responsible Tatsumi has gotten pretty used to his new roommate — the energetic and needy merman, Wakasa — who has taken what seems like permanent refuge in his bathtub. While regular visits from Wakasa’s undersea friends and Tatsumi’s affectionate little sister have become commonplace, the bathtub suddenly seems a little less safe when a shark appears. Is their hungry new acquaintance friend or foe? Whether it’
Claire
Dec 23, 2019 added it
Shelves: manga
Idk this is cute and I love the concept and the art is adorable but it just.........has zero plot. And it's not written well enough to fit its 4 panel format. So I feel like there's lots of potential, but falls waaaaay flat.
Chloe
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Lighthearted and enjoyable bubbly fun! Similar to the first volume in terms of humor and narrative. The new character of Agari the shark is a wonderful addition to the already silly cast!
Moon
Dec 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
How do I start reading it
Lorelei Miller
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the second volume in a series. You can find my review of the first volume right here. Given the nature of this series there is little in the way of spoilers though you may find some if you choose to read this review before the first volume.

Tatsumi is a serious, studious boy who lives alone in his grandfather's old house. One day while walking along the river he finds a man in distress and rushes in to save him, he takes the man home to help him and soon discovers that he didn't save a ma
Mehsi
This volume was packed again with events, new characters, and hilarious situations!

Because this manga brings a new character to the mix. A shark guy named Agari-san. I am not entirely sure what to think of him yet. On the one hand he is quite interesting and he seems fun, but on the other hand, he is quite scary and gloomy. I think I would need to see him more to determine in what category he will fall.

Maybe he will end up falling into the category of the sister. Who is an annoying piece of poo.
Jasmine Rose
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Turns out Itokichi has a wide range of drawing tallent. Her stuff is normally fairly realistic and tends towards fujoshi-pleasing pretty side of things. However, if her depiction of the inside of Agari-senpai's mouth, she could do a great horror manga. Really, though, as long as Agari-senpai keeps his mouth closed he's pretty adorable. I especially love the "conversation" between Agari and Tatsumi. I look forward to more of those in the future.

There were a lot of good arcs in this volume. I like
Devyn Lynn Cullipher
Aug 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Merman in my Tub vol. 2 delivers on the laughs and fluff first introduced in vol. 1. There is a new (shark!)Merman added to the cast (and I must admit, I am very smitten with him!) this time around, and similar stories to those found in the first volume (Wakasu's weight gain).

The story line is episodic but very sweet, and shows how two roommates can get along in an manga without it becoming yaoi. It's fresh take on other, similar stories (Selfish Mr. Merman, This Boy Caught A Merman) and is a g
Sarah Sammis
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
This volume seemed to have some pacing issues. The jokes with Agari-senpai are funny, especially his tales of working for Universal Studios Japan (I guess no mechanical sharks named Glenn there). The jealousy of the cat who doesn't want to share Tatsumi with Wakasa (and Wakasa who is convinced the cat will eat him, despite the size difference) is also hilarious.

Matthew
May 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Wakasa so much, and all of his friends. I hope there will be more US translations soon.
Jake Hill
Dec 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Still a delightful little riot of giggles. Also the new character is awesome! I adore the interpretative motion as talk!
Rose
Mar 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
A quick, fun, and light-hearted read.
Dani
May 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I can't put this series down! All the characters are a blast and I love all the creative things they think up!
Claudia

• 恋の雫 [Koi no Shizuku]
  • Wayward, Vol. 1: String Theory
  • Gift of Shadows: Barrier Witch Book One
  • Tatsuyuki Oyamato The 4th
  • The Rational Faculty (Hazard and Somerset: A Union of Swords, #1)
  • b.b. free #3
  • Lucifer's Litigator
  • All Boys Aren't Blue
  • Mermaid Boys, Vol. 3
  • A Case of Possession (A Charm of Magpies, #2)
  • Dragon Consultant (Supernatural Consultant #1)
  • Beastars, Vol. 1
  • Shadows of the Dark Crystal (Jim Henson's The Dark Crystal, #1)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 2 [Boku No Hero Academia 2] (My Hero Academia, #2)
  • The Wounded Ones
  • Learn My Lesson (Wicked Villains, #2)
  • Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Vol. 1

Merman in My Tub (8 books)
  • オレん家のフロ事情 1 [Orenchi no Furo Jijou 1] (Merman in My Tub, #1)
  • オレん家のフロ事情 [Orenchi no Furo Jijou] 3 (Merman in My Tub, #3)
  • オレん家のフロ事情 4 [Orenchi no Furo Jijou 4] (Merman in My Tub, #4)
  • オレん家のフロ事情 5 [Orenchi no Furo Jijou 5] (Merman in My Tub, #5)
  • オレん家のフロ事情 6 [Orenchi no Furo Jijou 6] (Merman in My Tub, #6)
  • Merman in My Tub, Vol. 7