Start by marking “Arouse (Spiral of Bliss, #1)” as Want to Read:
Arouse (Spiral of Bliss, #1)

Arouse (Spiral of Bliss #1)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  13,601 Ratings  ·  1,488 Reviews
Sexy and brilliant scholar of medieval history Professor Dean West is the love of Liv West's life. He is her everything—a loving and giving husband, her white knight, and an intensely passionate and skilled lover. Never retreating from Liv’s dark secrets, Dean has all of her—today, tomorrow, always.

Then Liv discovers she doesn’t have all of him...

BOOK ONE in New York Time
Expected publication: May 2nd 2103 by Snow Queen Publishing (first published December 24th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Arouse, please sign up.

Strandberg
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Baba
5+++ achingly intense and arousing stars.*****Review completed February 4, 2013

photo Bildschirmfoto2013-01-22um222413_zps162b6f11.png

Wow, what a fantastic book! Loved, loved it! Arouse is achingly beautiful in its intensity but at the same time also very steamy and arousing. If you are on the lookout for a read that provides a great, thoughtful story combined with enticing as well as fierce sex scenes then look no further. You have found it.

Arouse starts off in early August and the main events take place over a time span of four and a half months.
Kristen
Review posted at: Swept Away By Romance

Huge 5 Stars

Outstanding read! This book blew me away!

I loved everything about this very emotional, very heart-wrenching, and very beautifully written story. There was so much heart-and-soul poured into this book that it was sometimes staggering. This author had an amazing ability to let the reader experience this married couple's genuine love for each other while, at the same time, allowing the reader to recognize the devastating damage being done as thi
Candace
***I was provided a copy of this book, through Netgalley.com, in exchange for honest feedback.***

Whew! What an emotional journey this was! This book gutted me. I keep going back and forth over whether it is a 4-star read or a 5-star read. I just can't decide, but it was fantastic either way.

Liv and Dean have a seemingly perfect marriage, until a pregnancy scare exposes cracks in their relationship that they never knew existed. Suddenly, everything Liv thought she knew about her husband and her s
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo LaneSpiralofBlisss1TitlebySueBee_zpsfcf62cc5.jpg
 photo alwaysbysb_zpsafbfdeab.gif
 photo hand2bysb_zps82416065.gif
 photo hero4bysb_zps3685e8d2.gif
★★★★★! Arouse, book 1 of 3! Professor Dean West’s marriage to his Beauty is rocked by secrets & miscommunication!

“Instead he just waited. I had the strange thought that he would wait forever.”
“Instead she stepped toward me. I had the strange thought that she wanted to come even closer.”

Books in the Spiral of Bliss Trilogy should be read in order:
Book 1: Arouse
Book 2: Allure
Book 3: Awaken

Arouse (book 1) opens up three years into Olivia West’s marriage to Professor Dean West. They ha
Aestas Book Blog

FULL REVIEW NOW UP (spoiler-free!!) 4.5 stars

We’ve all read the stories of first love and second-chance love… but few stories are actually about a marriage.

“No,” I murmur against her hair… “We are not freakishly happy. We are not freakishly anything. We’re two people who love each other. We had a tough time. We worked it out because we want to be together. Because we can’t imagine being with anyone else. Because we don’t want to be.”

Arouse is a beautifully detailed, thoughtful, and intros
Alexis *Reality Bites*
SPOILER FREE REVIEW -mature content reader discretion is advised.
5 STARS out of 5
Genre: Adult Romance Erotica

My first 5 STAR RATING in 2013!!!!!!!

photo tumblr_lnu9d6GfBY1qc66bjo1_500_zps9fe01ac5.gif

photo tumblr_m3xr0xINOk1qi0pey.gif

My Casting

photo penelope-cruz-header2_zps9ee26520.jpg

photo e4a37fde-7019-48b1-ad22-f080c5605dee_zps09095ebf.jpg

‘We look at each other for a long moment. Something is off. I don’t know what it is.’

Not even sure I have the words adequate enough for a review. There is no big intricate plot. No suspenseful revenge driven characters. You meet two people in love and fighting to stay afloat after a secret from the past surfaces and changes everything.

Om
Roksana
WARNING/Contains/Spoilers ahead...Reader Discretion is Advised...

I wish I have known this before started reading this book!

.Guess what happens when you trust your friend too much???..

.I will tell you.......

She will shamelessly kiss your husband and rub herself all over him “just to prove” a point that....

”You can like kissing another person. It’s normal. Hell, it’s human. Just because you’re married doesn’t mean you shut off a natural, biological reaction.”

Yeah...She’s trying to justify
Debra

"Come here, beauty," he says. "You need to be kissed."

"One day I'm going to touch you in a thousand different ways and show you how to touch me."

I seriously LOVED this book. It was original, captivating and the main characters, Dean and Olivia, managed to capture my heart to the point where I wanted to hug both of them and tell them everything was going to be alright (after I made them sit down and address all the issues they had, that is!).

Arouse is an intense and emotional journey of a
Kristin (KC)

AMAZON FREEBIE!

4.5 Stars!

Everything about this book is refreshing! I think I'm addicted...

photo image_zpsfcebebf5.jpg

From its honest style of writing, to the author's unique approach to storytelling, Arouse defies the typical romance novel formula. Rather than conforming to what would be considered 'right', this book focuses on what is real...and real life isn't always pretty. Instead of shooting for 'predictable', this book became relatable...and, simply put, I loved it.

To be com
Brandi
description

Why has it taken me so long to read this?!?!?!

Arouse is a gut-wrenching portrayal of how miscommunication and secrets can wreak havoc on a happily married couple. Insecurity and mistrust cause Dean and Liv question things they've never questioned before. And things quickly spiral out of control, leaving them both unsure of how to move forward. Can love overcome all?

“Liv,” he said, his voice rough with tenderness, “you don’t have to be afraid.”

“Why not?”

“Because I’ll slay monsters for you.”

I
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
5 BRILLIANT STARS

WOW.....Just...WOW.!! I’m emotionally spent but in a good way. You know a lot of times we read books because we’re looking for an escape! We’re looking for a fantasy, to be swept off our feet by a hot alpha male, or sexy athlete or some kind of prince charming. We love the chase and possession of a female lead by a male character. Those are some of the things that make us tick and keep us enjoying a book. But you have to ask yourself how many times does a book feel real? Like
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
“Since the day we met, I haven’t wanted anyone but you,”
“Never looked at another woman,” he continues, “Never thought about one. It’s always been you, Olivia.”

description

Arouse is a very passionate and intense love story!!Nina Lane takes the reader on a journey through the trials and tribulations of married couple Dean and Liv West.As their story unfolds the book goes back and forth between present day and the past giving the reader glimpses into how Dean and Liv first met and fell in love...

When something
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
Feb 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ by: Baba ♥♥♥ Marcus, Tyler, Tate, Dan, Ty, & Hunter
5 Simply Beautiful Stars

description

The most beautiful people, are the ones that fell, got hurt and then stood up again.

The most beautiful couples, strip each other bear and hand their hearts into the other's keeping.

And the most beautiful stories are the quiet ones. The ones we write for ourselves. And we get up every day to whisper it to the person besides us.

description

Growing up, we were told that all fairy tales end with a happily ever after. The knight saves the damsel, the prince falls in love with the peasant
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Intriguing...angsty, emotional and unputdownable (in this case, that has to be one word!) are just a few terms to describe this story. I loved that the H/h were already a couple that had been together for five years and married for three. Since a lot of my friends love this series, I knew that it was going to be good so I was happy to finally get to it.

Dean and Olivia meet when she starts school at the college where he is a temporary professor. Luckily, they are not in the same area of study. A
 ✿Alyssa✿
May 05, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1-star, take-me
This review was posted at My Secret Romance

To sum it up: "One day I'm going to touch you in a thousand different ways and show you how to touch me," he said.

And he did.

Struggling with a tormented past, undergraduate Olivia Winter once led a practical but isolated life. Then she met Professor Dean West, a brilliant scholar of medieval history who melted Liv's inhibitions and taught her the meaning of both love and erotic pleasure. But after three years of a blissful, lusty marriage, Liv and Dean
Mo
Feb 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lump in my stomach half the time reading this wonder how it would turn out for them..... and then I get to the ending! Thought it was a stand alone and it would end up nicely .... now I realise that it was a sort of cliffhanger - how many times have I told myself, stay away from those cliffhanger books. Still and all a good read - loved the 2 main characters and Kelsey. Kinda liked Tyler too. I hope it finishes with the next one and does not drag out for a third one.

I found my Dean and Olivia in
La-Lionne
The truth will set you free? Not necessarily!

description

Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut. It will save the others a whole a lot of unnecessary heartache :-).

Loved, loved, loved this book!

This book is about a couple, Dean and Olivia. They have been together for 5 years, 3 of them married. The story starts very slow but very sweet. Even though it starts kind of in the middle, later, with a glimpse into the past, it is explained how they met and why they fell in love.

He is a proffesor at King's
Jennifer Kyle
"Fall seven times. Get up eight."

Wow! I completely adored Arouse!

This is the story of Dr. Dean West and his wife Olivia Winter West. I loved the writing it was beautiful, steamy and utterly captivating.

description

Professor Dean West is one HOT husband! In the bedroom he is absolutely off the charts! Dean is so well accomplished in his career and he is just the right blend of sexy and nerdy! (He definitely gives Dr. Emerson a run for his money)

Olivia West is just lovely, sweet and well spoken. She has
Fathima
“One day I’m going to touch you in a thousand different ways and show you how to touch me.” Dean slid his hand around the back of my neck. “But right now we’re just going to make out.”

photo Deanandliv_zpse86fb5e0.jpg

A few minutes before I reached the ending of this book ...

photo cry-1_zps22fe817f.gif

A few moments later , when the end was near ..

photo nervous_zps340dceed.gif

And finally when the ending struck like a lightening strike out of no where ...

photo Adam-DeVine_zps05017b43.gif

And then finally it was ...

photo happycry_zps71602ebd.gif

photo I_Want_More_zps0aef112b.gif

Ah Nina Lane , you've really struck a gold with this one on my heart .

I want to do with you wh
Jasmine
4.5 BEAUTY STARS! ★★★★☆

“I want to learn how to trust a man. I wanted to know what true, physical pleasure felt like. I wanted to find the courage to be vulnerable on my own terms, as my own choice.”

So I've finally made it to the Nina Lane party & after reading Arouse, I can definitely see what's the hype about ;) Also, GR really needs to start implementing the 0.5 stars in ratings because while I really did enjoy this book, it just didn't give me the 5-stars winner feel that I was hoping f
Kelly
The thing that drew me to this book is that it's about a married couple. Most romance books seem to be about falling in love and not staying in love. That's not always easy, as Dean and Olivia West found out.

At first glance they seem to be the perfect couple. They have no money worries, they get a long great and their sex life is fantastic. Then Liv loses her job and she doesn't know what to do with herself. Meanwhile, Dean's career as a college professor continues to flourish. They slowly drift
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*

5 Soul Touching Stars!

I loved this book! Brilliantly Written and so Real you almost forget that this is fiction!
I can easily say this is fiction at its best!

I am as in love with Dean as Olivia is!

“Since the day we met, I haven’t wanted anyone but you, never looked at another woman, never thought about one. It’s always been you Olivia.”

The book is written between the present tense and the past.

We go through the relationship of Olivia and Dean, from where it began 5 years ago….

Dean...

From the stun
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Why the hell I wait to read this book?
Professor Dean West, you totally stole my heart... :)

He's smart, so sexy and so caring. I loved him a lot. :)

Ps. I'll read the other books asap! <3

Alice
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
FIVE STARS!!

I haven't had much luck with books this year so far and I almost decided to take a break from books for a while..that's when my friend Karéz came up with this book and told me she wanted to BR it..I had no expectations for it, but I was curious..

I don't know why I had decided to put this off, but boy, I was missing out..
Gosh, I loved every minute, second, part of this book..even though it killed me.
My stomach was tied up in knots, I was anxious and my heart beat so fast..

Oli
Anna
5 STARS !!!

I loved this book ! To me this was just so real. True trials and tribulations of married life and issues. I read this book with my heart in my throat. Some of it was painful to read ( just so real in real-life real married life) but other parts were just so beautiful ! I loved the Flashbacks to the first meeting and falling in love. I thought about how many times my hubby pisses me off and I have to dig deep in my brain to those " remember when ..." moments.
WHEN I ASKED FOR A KNIGHT
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT on NINA LANE ON TOTALLYBOOKED TODAY 22/04/13
Cover Reveal, Synopsis and Teaser For Allure (Spiral of Bliss #2), Interview with Nina and a GIVEAWAY Too!!!

Gitte: 5 amazing stars.
Jenny: 5 breathtaking stars.

Gitte:
I absolutely loved this book. Can I put my finger on exactly why? Sure can. It was different! Very different to anything I have read recently. It was beautiful, emotional, heart breaking and sexy. The difference? Well, in this story
Mysza
Apr 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-read
5 BEAUTY STARS

Let me just say WOW!!! I fell in love with this book, fell in love with the story, fell in love with the charcters and fell in love with the writing style. It was real, about real people dealing with the real problems. It's a stor
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
It’ll be okay, I tell myself.
We love each other. We’ll work it out.
But the door is locked.

This novel was a journey of a couple, Dean and Liv... theirs ups their downs, their flashbacks, their fears, their joys, their everything.

Let me share a fact with you guys about myself.
I have NEVER liked a whole song.

description

I don't have a favorite song. I always have a favorite part of a song;
The same goes for books I suppose.. I always find some blip or something teeny tiny thingie blah and not many books ar
Donish Henry-Cole (BookItWithDon)
4.5 'beautiful couple' stars!!

Have you ever met someone when you least expected it?
"My name. Dean West"
"Oh. i'm-"
"Olivia," he said
The sound of my name in his deep voice rolled through like a breaking cloud.
"How did you know my name?"
"I saw your name on the paper at the registrar's office."
He handed me a couple of dollars. "I remembered it. Olivia R. Winter."
I rang up the order and counted out his change. "Why did you remember my name?"
"Actually..." He lifted the cup and turned to the tables.
KatLynne
Mar 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to KatLynne by: Baba
4 Anxious to Know More Stars!

Full Review now posted 5/12/2013

[image error]

Arouse is a very passionate and intense love story taking the reader into the life of Professor Dean West and his lovely wife, Olivia.   It takes place over the course of many months and with the flashbacks from their past it’s not long before they easily become deeply entrenched within the confines of your heart.

Dean is a successful, sexy as sin Professor who loves and adores his wife.  From the very beginning there’s ne
Spoiler question 8 297 Jul 24, 2014 04:19PM
Gabriel's Inferno...: April challenge - Arouse 14 125 May 06, 2013 05:57AM
  • The Fifth Favor
  • The Education of Caroline (The Education of..., #2)
  • Breach (Breach, #1)
  • Blind Obsession
  • Surviving Raine (Surviving Raine, #1)
  • Waking Kiss (BDSM Ballet, #1)
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
  • Unforgiven (Unforgiven, #1)
  • Painted Faces (Painted Faces, #1)
  • Take Care, Sara
  • Be My Baby (Baby Lite, #3)
  • Emancipating Andie
  • On Every Street (The Artists Trilogy, #0.5)
  • Obsession (Darkness Falls, #1)
  • Pieces of Lies (Pieces of Lies, #1)
  • Leo
  • There is No Light in Darkness (Darkness, #1)
  • Just Remember to Breathe (Thompson Sisters, #3)
New York Times & USA Today bestselling author Nina Lane writes hot, sexy romances about professors, bad boys, candy makers, and protective alpha males who find themselves consumed with love for one woman alone.

Originally from California, Nina holds a PhD in Art History and an MA in Library and Information Studies, which means she loves both research and organization. She also enjoys traveling
More about Nina Lane...

Spiral of Bliss (5 books)
  • Allure (Spiral of Bliss, #2)
  • Awaken (Spiral of Bliss, #3)
  • Adore (Spiral of Bliss, #5)
  • Always (Spiral of Bliss, #6)
“Liv,” he said, his voice rough with tenderness, “you don’t have to be afraid.”

“Why not?”

“Because I’ll slay monsters for you.”
105 likes
“Maybe this was meant to happen, this discovery of cracks where now a different, new light can shine through.” 65 likes