Start by marking “Novus (The Cresecren Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Novus (The Cresecren Chronicles, #1)

Read Book

Novus

(The Cresecren Chronicles #1)

Recipient of 13 HONORS!

A survival story ideal for Hunger Games, Divergent, and Cinder fans. Crystal Marcos delivers Novus, a riveting novel set in a dystopian future of action-adventure, suspense, and romance. Intriguing characters and a gripping storyline keep the reader turning page after page.

Seventeen-year-old Cayden expected to live out his days with the dysfunctional
Published August 18th 2015 by Cat Marcs Publishing

Montzalee Wittmann
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Novus (The Cresecren Chronicles Book 1) by Crystal Marcos is a book I requested and the review is voluntary. I was really drawn to this book for many reasons, one was the fact that is was a recipient of 13 HONORS! Wow! Another is the blurb, another wow. The cover too was amazing. Well, the book was just as good as it was played up to be! The characters were rich in depth, the plot complex with twists. There was suspense, intrigue, emotions (mine were everywhere!), romance, and social issues that ...more
Lisa Vegan
4 stars

I really liked this book. The premise is wonderful and I quickly got hooked on the story, and given what a struggle I’ve had in recent months finding books I’ve enjoyed immersing myself in, that says quite a lot.

I got very invested in the characters, caring about so many. The writing is very good, the pacing is excellent, and there is a lot of suspense, and several twists, all enjoyable and well done.

I loved the chapter titles but I wish the chapters had also been numbered. I did apprec
N.N. Light
I’m not a huge fan of dystopian as I’m more of a HEA reader but after reading this book, Marcos changed my mind. Yes, it’s that well done and it doesn’t surprise me that it’s won several awards.

In Novus, the world is very different from today and there are two distinct races: Human and Cresecren (Artificial Intelligence). Humans created Cresecren to serve them. Flash forward a bit and while the Human Race is struggling to survive, there’s growing hatred toward the Cresecren. The Humans go so far
Paul
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Novus is a great book. I have read Crystal's children's books, and I jumped at the chance to read her YA work. In Novus, Ms. Marcos has done a wonderful job at world building. I think one of the toughest things for authors writing dystopian type novels is world building. Bringing the reader into a new world with foreign values, places, and surroundings is quite difficult to pull off. Ms. Marcos does it masterfully in Novus. From the very beginning the reader is engulfed in Cayden's world and the ...more
Sherry Fundin
Novus – Latin for new

Novus by Crystal Marcos is the first book in The Cresecren Chronicles, an action/adventure, dystopian/apocalyptic romance of an inhuman sort. This is a series and after finishing the first book, I can hardly wait for the next.

I was drawn to Cayden’s story from the opening chapter. He is a Cresecren, created to be used in whatever manner his human’s see fit, a slave. When Cayden has served his usefulness, he is sent to Gavaron, with other Cresecren considered rejects and rebe
WordsAPlenty
WordsAPlenty received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. This book is also a B.R.A.G Medallion Honoree, 2016 indieBRAG!

"SPOILER ALERT"

“Their fate was to be no one’s son or daughter, no one’s brother or sister, no one’s father or mother, no one’s kin.”

This is the life of a Cresecren. Set in a dystopian future, life is different – humans now have Cresecren’s to do their bidding. Created beings Cresecrens live by the rules of no harm to humans, no emotional or phy
Stacie
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
Novus is an exciting young adult dystopian novel that takes readers on a thrilling and ominous adventure that not everyone survives.

Cayden is a Cresecren teen, a "manufactured being", who's soul purpose is to serve his human family, but when an altercation transpires Cayden finds himself banned to Gavron, a Cresecren camp. Cayden prepares to spend the rest of his life in Gavron and quickly befriends Alecander, a fellow Cresecren. The pair are sent beyond the safety of the walls of Gavron to gath
Girl Plus Book
Oct 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Adventure-packed experience with a Cinder-like feel and a iRobot-like storyline. Marcos takes you into a dystopian world where humans have made a new being to aid in the survival of the human race. The Cresecrens, essentially a new race whose sole purpose is to serve humans. No rights, no freedom. Humans and Cresecrens live peacefully within their own boundaries, until one unexplainable event, all that changes.

From character development to plot twists, Marcos story comes together beautifully. Th
Amber Jones
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Now i personally love any fantasy type storyline for books. It just pulls you into the story and takes you to a different reality. This book doesnt cheat you of that by any means. And to top it off it hits on alot of problems or issues teens may come upon in their lives. Crazy emotions they dont know how to deal with, a love they know they shouldnt pursue but do so anyways. And add to that this amazing fantasy world Cayden gets landed into. It all makes for one wonderful novel.

A must read for an
Amber Jones
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

A must read for an
Jodi
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it

I am a big fan of dystopian novels. When I saw this book I knew that I had to read it! I loved the world that the author built. The Cresecren's were created to serve humans. The main character was a 17 year old Cresecren named Cayden who is no longer wanted by the family he serves and ends up in a place reserved for " the maimed, elderly or defiant". I felt that his character was very well developed. I could feel his emotions. The action was very good and kept my interest.
I received this book in
Kelly
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very interesting. The characters are well developed and numerous. Sometimes this made me feel overwhelmed but the main characters were very solid. The development of the story is very well done and at certain times chaotic which fits what's going on in this book. Would be very interested in reading the second in this series.
Stephanie
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fin
I am glad I won a copy of this dystopian action packed book. It's usually not my type of genre to read, but it was actually a good romance book that had me wanting to read more. I look forward to reading more books by this author.
Jessica
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love love this

I honestly am excited to read the rest of this series and anything else by this author. Thank you to Goodreads for the giveaway
Desiree reilly
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
CAN SAY I GOT THIS SECOND BOOK FORM CRYSTAL MARCOS AND WHAT I AM ABOUT TO SAY IS MY WORDS I GOT THIS BOOK BECAUSE I READ HER BOOK BELLYACHE AND THEY ARE GREAT BOOK CHECK OUT MY VIDEO ON BOTH BOOKS HERE ON U TUBE. WELL THE BOOK GOES THROUGH STAGES WERE HUMANS ARE MAKING SEMI TYPE OF ROBOTS THEY ARE SERVE ALL WHO BUY THEM OR WORK FOR THEM. THE AREA IN THE BOOK ARE LEVELS AND YOU WILL IN JOY HOW THEY ARE LIVING SOME LIVE IN LIKE CAMP WHICH ARE CRUSTACEANS THE ROBOTS AND HUMANS AND THEN THE PHISHERS ...more
Trista Borgwardt
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I found this book to be quite intriguing. I loved the idea of the cresecrens as it is unique and I haven't read anything like it. The story was steadily paced and the characters were well developed. I really connected with Cayden and his gang. I found the action scenes to be well designed and the obstacles that they encountered were believable and surprising.

Once they were out in the den, everything changed, the scenery, the characters and the challenges that they faced along the way. The fight
Allies Opinions
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book blew my mind. It was that good. When I got to the end I was desperately swiping at my phone in disbelief. I didn’t want it to be over.

Where is the next book!? I NEED the next book!

The world building done here is fantastic. I was captivated by this new world. The premise here is intriguing. I hate to say it but, this could actually happen.

The writing here is fabulous. There are no holes or confusing elements. All is thoroughly explained without info dumping. Each character is unique a
Rikki
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a fantastic read! I thoroughly enjoyed this story and getting to know each and every character. This is some of the best and seamless world building I have seen in quite awhile. If you enjoyed Hunger Games and/or Divergent I think you would enjoy this one as well.
I highly recommend this book, and I can't wait for the next book in the The Cresecren Chronicles series to come out!
Steven
Aug 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Extremely hard to put down!! This story had a great mix of characters that as a reader, I was drawn in to care about, and there was plenty of action and suspense to keep me along for the ride.
Dean Thompson
Apr 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was a good first book to this series. Looking forward to reading more.
Sarah Girl Plus Book
Sep 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Really loved this book. If you are a fan of Cinder you will like this book! Kind of a mix of Cinder with The Labyrinth / Return to Oz feel.
Indiebrag
Jul 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
We are proud to announce that NOVUS (THE CRESECREN CHRONICLES, BOOK 1) by Crystal Marcos is a B.R.A.G. Medallion Honoree. This tells a reader that this book is well worth their time and money!
Julie Hodgson
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
No spoilers in this review. A very well written, full of adventure action-packed story.
Patrick Siu
Melanni Powell
Dec 28, 2015
christy caldwell
Jun 22, 2016
  • Damaged Goods (Blank Slate, #2)
  • Bronze (The Glister Journals, Book One)
  • A Different Kind of Safari
  • Karmack
  • Without Benefits
  • The Boss (Fire's Edge, #1)
  • The Sapphire Blade (Cleopatra's Legacy 4)
  • A Wild Ride: The Adventures of Misty & Moxie Wyoming (Girl Detective & Her Horse Mystery Story Ages 6-8 & 9-12 Book 1)
  • Isabella Babysits Baxter
  • Frizzy, the S.A.D. Elf (Santa's Izzy Elves, #4)
  • A Healing Spirit (Riverview Series #2)
  • Bones Omnibus
  • Christmas Blessings: Seven Inspirational Romances of Faith, Hope, and Love
  • Dragonfly Nightmare (Once Upon A Secret, #1)
  • Santa's Birthday Gift
  • Me Tarzan -- You Jane
  • Scavenger of Souls
  • Lobo's Howliday (The Adventures of Lovable Lobo, #4)
Award-winning author Crystal Marcos has been a storyteller her entire life. As the oldest of five children, she had to do a lot of entertaining. She lives on the Kitsap Peninsula in Washington State with her husband, daughter Kaylee, and son Jaxon. Crystal is the author of BELLYACHE: A Delicious Tale, HEADACHE: The Hair-Raising Sequel to BELLYACHE, and Novus: Book One of The Cresecren Chronicles. ...more