Start by marking “Hold On (The 'Burg, #6)” as Want to Read:
Hold On (The 'Burg, #6)

Hold On (The 'Burg #6)

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  12,277 Ratings  ·  1,333 Reviews
Since she was young, Cher Rivers knew she was not the kind of girl who got what she wanted. A girl who could hope. A girl who could dream. She knew a happily ever after just wasn't in the cards for her.

In love for years with the last bastion of the 'burg's eligible bachelors, Garrett Merrick, Cher worked hard at making him laugh. Being one of the guys. Having him in her l
Published September 1st 2015

To ask other readers questions about Hold On, please sign up.
Donna Im thinking Cher is Cheryl who work's at j&j's the one who has a child and was seeing the guy that had a sick fascination with feb then went on…moreIm thinking Cher is Cheryl who work's at j&j's the one who has a child and was seeing the guy that had a sick fascination with feb then went on the killing spree but don't hold me to that i might be wrong x(less)

Val ⚓️ Shameless ⚓️ Steamy Reads
***10/24/16: SO book-slumped, I barely even finished this re-read****

So I finally decided on 4 strong Stars....

...Three of them are all for my homie, Cher.

description

Seriously though, outside of Josephine from The Will (whom I personally loved, but I know a lot of peeps didn't) Cher is the only heroine who isn't basically interchangeable with every other KA heroine out there.

Which gets kind of old, honestly.

description

Furthermore, not to sound ridiculously vain or conceited - because I'm not - but Cher reminded me a
Aestas Book Blog
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
::: FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED :::

“You got good, you don’t let it go. It lets you go, you hold on. It slips though your fingers, you pull out all the stops to get it back. You got somethin’ worth fighting for, you fight for it. You do not sit on your ass waitin’ for it to come back to you."

LOVE LOVE LOVED THIS BOOK!!!

Kristen Ashley is well known as one of the best romance authors and she's also one of my personal go-to favorites. With Hold On, she once again delivered an absolutely gorgeous lov
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 Stars

It happens. For people like us, baby. It happens, eventually. Just as long as we hold on.

What an incredibly bittersweet book this was for me to read. I first discovered this amazing series back in 2012 when I read For You. And I've been wanting and slowly dying for Merry's book ever since. He's been through a hell of a lot throughout the entire series and all of it finally truly coming to a head in Golden Trail. I had always assumed when I read those books that he would end up with hi
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

My quick review...

Hold On is the 6th and final story in The 'Burg series, and I'm telling you... what a sweet, romantic, and sexy tale - a truly beautiful end to the series. We get so much insight into Merry and Cher, bits and pieces of their hearts and souls that make this, for me, one of the happiest of Kristen Ashley's happily ever afters. Over and over again, Kit takes me to a happy place and ROCKS my world to its core! And the epilogue? Best. Epilogue. Ever!

Read an excerpt excerpt here, on
Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5 Stars!!

description

Wow!!! What an incredible book! One of the best I’ve read by this author and the perfect book to end this fantastic series. There’s no secret Kristen Ashely is one of my favorite author. Her romances are always really well built, sweet and/or sexy, her characters are always vivid and her writing style like no other. Reading a book by this author feels like coming home for me.

While “Hold On” was not my favorite book in the series, the heroine was like no other for me. I liked Cher in th
Christy
Jun 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
 photo AE959DCE-8355-4829-9C99-82EDBD58CD40_zpsvyyj6d7i.jpg

Anyone who knows me knows that if I had to pick one author as my number one favorite, it would be Kristen Ashely. I love her writing, her characters, her stories- everything about them are fantastic. Hold On is the sixth and final story of her Burg series. We met Cher Rivers and Garrett Merrick early on in the series and they are both characters I’ve wanted to read more about. The fact that Cher has a fantastic son named Ethan just made the book that much better.

Cher Rivers has been through so
Jennifer Kyle
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 "Gooey" Stars

description

What will I do without the great people of this town? The yummy restaurants and most importantly without the constant promise of more? Kristen Ashley delivered an enjoyable last visit to this town, centering around Garrick Merrick and Cher Rivers. Cher the once single mom stripper tormented by the evil Dennis Lowe and Merry… ”The last good one standing.”

Merry and Cher’s story wasn’t completely original if you have read even a hand full of other books by this author. However
Mo
Jun 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Why not 5 I hear you say? TBH, this books was waaaaay toooooo loooong. She could have done with skimming about 20% off it. But that is only my humble opinion. I have read all the books in this series, bar one. Didn't read Benny's story - didn't really have any interest in him when he showed up in the other books so I skipped it. Even when he showed up in this one ... I didn't really care.

Garrett Merrick ... sorry, I cannot call him "Merry". Merry fucking what - Merry Fucking Christmas... to me h
ღFloღ the coffee addict
5 **bittersweet** STARS

“Christ, you're pretty, even standin' there plotting my murder.”

I should change my name to Flo - the broken record. Yes, I loved this book. Yes, Kristen Ashley is the best. Yes, eventually I'm going to read a book by another author again. I promise. ;D

Hold On was such a bittersweet read. The story of an underdog couple I had not on my radar at all. Cher was always around and yet, I still had no opinion about her. Indifference being the operative word. Merry, well more
Stacey is Sassy
***November 23, 2016***

Just finished the audio and I really enjoyed it. The narrator does an awesome job. Her voice was easy to listen to and I had no problems telling when the characters changed. The narrator was able to portray the emotions the characters were feeling well. I would have no hesitations listening to another audio book with this narrator.

Kristen Ashley's stories are still my favourite audios...and books in general.

******

Ryker makes the match Merry for Cher…

Abracadbra… Sim Sala Bi
Wendy'sThoughts
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Kristen Ashley Fans, Romance
5 Gooey, Squishy, Just Right Stars * * * * *
There is something to be said for Kristen Ashley books. Once you understand the way she creates her characters, communities and speech patterns, there is nothing like it. She has developed a style I would recognize without having her name on the book. She has a following devoted to her and when that happens, it causes deep wishes for every book to be as fantastic as the ones you have loved in the past.

Recently, I have noticed a bit of difference in s
Geri Reads
Jun 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
It's official.

Cher is my favorite heroine in this series, taking the top spot away from Dusty. She totally surprised me. She's flawed and she didn't always have her life together, which made me like her even more. She didn't have the family or the opportunities most of the heroines in this series had but got it all in the end.

"Did he know that he was the dream come true a girl like me would never dare to dream?"

Merry is the quintessential KA hero. He's sweet, protective, loving and very much
♥Sharon♥
Sep 01, 2015 rated it really liked it

There are SO many amazing reviews already written for HOLD ON that I wonder what I can add to all that goodness. Like many I find KA’s writing pretty amazing. Whether it is her attention to detail, her humor or those extremely HOT and SENSUAL sex scenes that seems to come so naturally to her, I never doubt what I am about to get when I turn that first page.

There were parts of this story that I absolutely LOVED but in the end I couldn’t give it 5 stars. For me there was a lull in the middle. I n
Amy (Foxy)
HOLD ON is the second book in The 'Burg series that I've listened to. After listening to AT PEACE I knew I wanted more of from this series. Kristen Ashley writes her books so you can read them as a standalone or as a series. Even though I've read book #2 and #6 in this series I didn't feel lost at all. In HOLD ON Kristen Ashley brings me up to speed with what I missed by not reading the other books. She does it in such a way that it has me contemplating going back and reading some of the books ...more
Natasha is a Book Junkie
FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED:

“Hold on tight, Cherie… Don’t let go.”

When you open a new book and you find yourself gasping for air, your chest clenching only a few pages into the story, you know you’ve hit the mother lode of great reads. Once again, in true Kristen Ashley style, we are given a story that owns us from the start, our hearts fluttering to the rhythm of the powerful emotions driving every scene, every sentence, every word exemplifying this author’s distinctive and truly remarkable pr
Ang (Sizzling Pages)
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorites
Amazingly beautiful and poignant finale to one of my favorite series.
5 brilliant stars

Once again, Kristen Ashley owned my heart and soul as her unique writing style and storytelling magic caused a whirlwind of emotions, I had no choice but to hold on tight, never wanting to let go of Merry, Cher and all my loves in The ‘Burgs. Reading Hold On took me to an entirely different level as the journey flooded my heart with a riotous amount of emotions. I’ve become tethered to these characters, feeli
Rachel Reads Ravenously

Hold On, the final book in The Burg series, is the story of Merry and Cher. Merry is a divorced
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover Reviews  ❤️
Review Posted to: http://www.sweptawaybyromance.com/201...

photo PicsArt_1440122728693_zpsdvi19yx9.jpg

5 Phenomenal Series Ending Stars!! KA works her magic once again!

Reading a final book in a series you love is like saying goodbye to beloved friends, especially when it's a Kristen Ashley book! I have enjoyed each and every book in this series, and I'm truly sad to see it end. My own personal favorites are At Peace and Games of the Heart. While At Peace is my favorite in this series, there is something really special about Games of th
Kirsten
5+ Gooey stars!!

photo image.jpg1_zpswwwiobew.jpg

It's the end of an era.
The 'Burg series is over, and I couldn't have asked for a better ending. The story of Merry and Cher was perfect. I'm sad to see it all come to an end, but knowing I can always revisit these amazing characters whenever I want, makes the sting a little less harsh.

If you've read any of the books in this series, you have been acquainted with both Cheryl and Garrett.

Cheryl is the 'burgs resident for a couple of years. She was brought into the fray when seria
Jen
Jun 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
SOOOO much to say. I can't believe the 'burg drama is done.

Gawd, I don't want this series to end! At Peace was my very first KA read and this particular series (plus anything with Tate Jackson or Luke Stark) has always held a soft spot in my heart.

Possible review to come, maybe. For now, thanks for the 'burg memories, KA. It was an awesome ride!
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Check out this and my other reviews at My Blog, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Pinterest

★Book Basics★

Genre : - Cont. Romance
Series : - 6th in the series
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? - Yes
Rating - 5 stars

★Review★

Now I was as surprised as anyone when I found this would be Merry and Cher, like most other ppl I expected Merry and
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
Damn...that Epilogue! The feels are so deep. I fell in love with the 'Burg series a while back and I feel like I am an actual resident. Hell I wanna jump in with the gals at J&Js and ogle those hot men. I could honestly read about this town and these characters for 20 more books...but KA has given me a perfect farewell with Garrett Merrick and Cher Rivers.

For those who are fans, it's KA doing what KA does best. She is giving it good and we are "holding on." Finally a heroine that is steel s
Harper Sloan
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
That epilogue!
Ivy Deluca
description
- The ‘Burg is one of Ms. Ashley’s best : I was introduced to The ‘Burg awhile ago, although it took me a bit to try it out because that eye on the cover was ….intimidating. So glad I gave it shot, because it’s a great example of how well Ms. Ashley can do with romantic suspense. Of the series, I think it’s my new fave, right there with Games of the Heart.

It’s a delicate balance between the suspense elements and the romance, but I love that she always makes the romance the star. Ms. Ashley has m
Spoiler Whore-Momoa
Aug 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, kristen-ashley, 2015
Foremost, I'm going start with the epilogue. THIS EPILOGUE. It is one if not THE best KA has written and that's saying something coming from The Queen of Epilogues. It touches back to every couple from The 'Burg and their offspring throughout the years in the future. Everyone has their favorite characters and when you read what happens to your favorites, it'll be satisfactory. I won't say who mine are but I will say I did shed tears of elation. I laughed with some and smiled with others. I can't ...more
Nikki
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
I didn’t like much of anything about The Promise, and I enjoyed Hold On even less. It felt like The ‘Burg leftovers. Like KA decided hey, who’s left? Cher and Merry? Well, hell, let’s just stick them together.

As far as Cher goes, you’ve read her before. Take a pinch of Maddie from Broken Dove, add a bit of The ‘Burg’s Feb and finish with a sprinkle of Creed’s Sylvie and you have Cher. I was hoping, given her unusual backstory, that Cher would read differently. Unfortunately, she suffers from th
Elizabeth
~4.5 GOOEY STARS~

"We lay together, connected, a girl who never allowed herself to dream, lying on top of a dream come true."-Cher

description

Hold On is the sixth and final installment in Kristen Ashley's popular The Burg Series. Set in a small town in Indiana, The Burg explores the lives of small group of friends. There is always some sort of trouble brewing in the Burg and while love is always on the horizon, inevitably there is heartbreak to overcome first.

Cher is a single mom who is revered in the Burg
Karen
4 STARS

“It happens,” he replied. “What happens?” she asked. He dipped closer and held her tighter. “It happens,” he repeated. “For people like us, baby. It happens, eventually. Just as long as we hold on.”

Well, I’m a little late in getting this review together, but I guess better late than never! And I’ll start out by saying that I have been a huge Kristen Ashley fan since I picked up one of her books a few years back. Love the woman. Love her books! And that’s never going to change.

That sai
Pam
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4, alpha
3.5 Dare to Dream stars

“What I want is more good times with you, Cher. I wanna fuck wild and I wanna laugh hard, and while we’re doin’ that, I’m gonna look out for you.”

Hold On...I have to admit this wasn't one of my KA fav's and that is ok, KA is in a rating scale of her own so I can't compare it to anything else but her books. Cher and Merry was a crash course bound to happen fueled by passion. My personal issue had nothing to do with the KA's style and skill, but my personal reaction to
Mariya
I have no idea where to begin with how bad HOLD ON was. It seems lately I have been not liking a lot of Kristen Ashley's latest books. Kristen Ashley is a hit and miss author for me. I'll either freaking love the book or freaking hate it.

I strongly feel like the author threw these two characters together just to get a book out and finish the series. These two make NO SENSE TOGETHER AT ALL!

Problem #1: The heroine, Cheryl
1. One of the guys, Badass? = whiny/pathletic & no self-confidence
2. s
Green Eyes ***Major Spoiler potential*** 4 83 Dec 28, 2015 02:10PM
C.D.'s Canaries: Hold On (The Burg 6) BR 9/16/15 132 47 Oct 01, 2015 04:09PM
Fifty Shades of R...: September 2015 ~ BOTM ~ Hold On by Kristen Ashley 9 59 Sep 29, 2015 03:40AM
A Million More Pages: 6 - Hold On (The 'Burg): Sep 1 30 27 Sep 04, 2015 09:20PM
  • A Reason to Live (Reason, #3)
  • Into the Storm (Signal Bend, #3)
  • Best Kase Scenario (Hyde, #2)
  • Mugs of Love (Stories of Love #1)
  • A Christmas to Remember (Lucky Harbor, #8.5; Chaos, #2.5; Last Chance, #6.5; Everson, Texas, #0.5; Tallgrass, #1.5)
  • The Slayer (Untamed Hearts, #2)
  • Overflow (Carpino, #1)
  • Execution Style (Code 11-KPD SWAT, #4)
  • Sweet Seduction Shadow (Sweet Seduction, #3)
  • Big Bad Bite (Big Bad Bite, #1)
  • Broken Course (Wrecked and Ruined, #3)
Kristen Ashley was born in Gary, Indiana, USA. She nearly killed her mother and herself making it into the world, seeing as she had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck (already attempting to accessorise and she hadn't taken her first breath!).

Kristen grew up in Brownsburg, Indiana but has lived in Denver, Colorado and the West Country of England. Thus she has been blessed to have friends a
More about Kristen Ashley

The 'Burg (6 books)
  • For You (The 'Burg, #1)
  • At Peace (The 'Burg, #2)
  • Golden Trail (The 'Burg, #3)
  • Games of the Heart (The 'Burg, #4)
  • The Promise (The 'Burg, #5)

Romance Deals

• Wild Kisses (Wildwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Dangerous Engagement (The Regency Spies of London, #3)
  • Trouble in Paradise
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Miss Fortune (Lear Family Trilogy #3)
  • Almost Like Love
  • Party Girl
  • Cross My Heart
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Grave Secrets (Rogue River #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Married by Monday (The Weekday Brides, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • If I Didn't Know Better (The Callaways #9)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Beauty Queen (Lear Family Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Life After Wife (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #3)
  • Incentive
    $3.99 $1.99
  • It Started With a Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fiancé by Friday (The Weekday Brides, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Savage Urges (The Phoenix Pack, #5)
  • The Color of Water in July
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Knight Avenged (Circle of Seven, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken by Tuesday (The Weekday Brides, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • A Forever Thing (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead in Her Tracks (Rogue Winter, #2)
  • Flirting with Felicity
  • Long, Hot Texas Summer
  • You'll Think of Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Lily Love
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Forever is the Worst Long Time
    $4.99 $1.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet as Sin (Bad Habit, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dollmaker (The Forgotten Files, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Shameless (White Lies Duet #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Burn for You (Slow Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Be Mine Forever (St. Helena Vineyard, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Lake (Sweet Lake #1)
  • The Barefoot Summer
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Smart Girl (The Girl's #3)
  • Falling Together
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Warrior's Revenge
  • Lily's White Lace
    $4.49 $1.99
  • A Viscount's Proposal (The Regency Spies of London, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fear For Me: A Novel of the Bayou Butcher (For Me, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hangman (The Forgotten Files #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone Walls (True Heroes, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Flashpoint (Troubleshooters, #7)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Break Me (Corrupted Hearts, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Shark (Forgotten Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Wager
  • Enrage (Eagle Elite )
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Spiral of Need (The Mercury Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Treasured by Thursday (The Weekday Brides, #7)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Infraction (Players Game, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fated (Dark Protectors, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Material Girl (The Fancy Lives of the Lear Sisters, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Summer in Napa (St. Helena Vineyard, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Devil's Daughter (Hidden Sins #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All We Knew (The Cabots, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • P.S. from Paris
  • Love, Lucas
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Rules of Regret
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Shining Whatever (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seek Me with All Your Heart (Land of Canaan, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Schemer (A Hot Romantic Comedy) (Harbor City Book 3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • By Your Side
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Follow Me (Corrupted Hearts, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Girl (The Girl's Series Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Trouble with Tomboys (Tommy Creek #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All There Is (Juniper Hills, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul and Blade (Blood and Bone, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • To Win Her Favor (Belle Meade Plantation #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Delta: Redemption (Delta, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dealing Double (Heartbreaker, #2)
  • Spin (Spin, #1)
    $7.74 $0.99
  • On Her Father's Grave (Rogue River #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“You got good, you don’t let it go. It lets you go, you hold on. It slips through your fingers, you pull out all the stops to get it back. You got somethin’ worth fighting for, you fight for it. You do not sit on your ass waitin’ for it to come back to you. You show whoever that is they mean something and you go all out on that, and the only way you go down is doin’ that shit swinging.” 23 likes
“Don’t believe in ghosts but evidence points to the fact that the spirit of Janis Joplin puked all over your pad.” 19 likes