Start by marking “Romancing the Nerd (Nerd, #2)” as Want to Read:
Romancing the Nerd (Nerd, #2)

Romancing the Nerd

(Nerd #2)

Cool guy. Geeky girl. Let the games begin.

Dan Garrett has become exactly what he hates—popular. Until recently, he was just another live-action role-playing nerd on the lowest rung of the social ladder. Cue a massive growth spurt and an uncanny skill at taking three-point shots in basketball and voila…Mr. Popular. It’s definitely weird.

And the biggest drawback? Going from
Published April 5th 2016 by Entangled: Teen

To ask other readers questions about Romancing the Nerd, please sign up.
Caitlyn If I remember correctly, it can be read as a standalone. There's a different main plot, but these two characters were side characters in the first one…moreIf I remember correctly, it can be read as a standalone. There's a different main plot, but these two characters were side characters in the first one, so you might miss out on some backstory concerning them. And I think there's some cameos from the characters in the first book. But I don't recall any big plot points that you'll miss by skipping the first one.
Hope this helps! (less)
Fangirl by Rainbow RowellEleanor & Park by Rainbow RowellHow to Date a Nerd by Cassie MaeThe Avery Shaw Experiment by Kelly OramThe Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller
YA Nerd/Geek Books
194 books — 349 voters
YA Novels of 2016
1,129 books — 9,712 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Romancing the Nerd (Nerd, #2)
Stacee
I'm a sucker for anything nerd related, so I was quite excited to read this one.

I loved Zelda and Dan. Their history was amusing and I loved how they constantly pushed each other's buttons. Seeing Maddie and Logan again was fun, but there was one scene with Vera {Logan's little sister} that absolutely made the entire story.

A little predictable and a lot fun, this was a quick and cute read. I'll definitely be coming back to it for a reread.

**Huge thanks to Entangled Publishing and NetGalley fo
Amelie
Sep 02, 2015 marked it as to-read
That summary... I NEEED THIS!

Do I want matching copies of book 1 and 2? HELL YES.
Will I be able to wait for a possible German version? Probably not...

Ugh... Life is hard.
Deniz
Nov 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Let's face it: I am geek. I closet one- but yeah well I totally am.
But Miller made me wonder if I need to get my nerd on...
Seriously the LRP, the dress-up stuff. The first time ever I got why people do this, more even I thought I could enjoy it
And that's just one aspect why I thoroughly enjoyed Romancing The Nerd. This is cute&fluffy with a good helping of nerd- but actually it's also kind of more.
Because we get to explore the whole popular thing with Zelda, and more so though, we get reminded
nick
Jul 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc

This was a cute read! I was looking forward to reading Romancing the Nerd after having enjoyed the first book, The Summer I Became a Nerd. Dan and Zelda were both pretty fabulous characters and I thought it was great getting to know them personally. The two of them were friends years ago until Dan was forced into a life of sports and popularity, something he wasn’t a huge fan of. Out of the two, I definitely preferred Dan. His character just spoke to me. Despite being this popular guy, he was st
Alexa
Apr 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, ya, 2016
Not as good as the last one but still enjoyable.

Dan is a wonderful character, particularly because you can see that he's not perfect; he's prideful and stubborn and he's always saying whatever pops into his head without thinking first.

Zelda was okay... I tend to be wary of manic pixie dream girls because they're so overused on movies, books and TV shows. However I thought it worked for Zelda because it was not exaggerated.

My only problem with the book was the plot... Zelda and Dan have had a pr
Irene
4 stars

Romancing the Nerd was sweet, fun and very entertaining read.
I loved both Dan and Zelda, they made me laugh with their antics & geekiness.

This was a lovely afternoon's read that will make you smile and forget about real life for a few hours.

Thank you Entangled Teen via NetGalley for the advance copy.
Lekeisha The Booknerd
Nov 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Full review posted over at Lekeisha The Booknerd

I had been looking forward to this book ever since I knew of it’s existence. The Summer I Became A Nerd was one of my favorite books of 2013, so I had to read this companion. I love the LARP fun, but I really enjoy the characters themselves more. Dan and Zelda are no Logan and Maddie, but I liked their story. I wish there was more time spent on the romance, but overall it’s a good story. If you have read the first book, then you know Miller has som
Melissa (YA Book Shelf)
Dec 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved this book so much. Dan's fumbling of common expressions cracked me up, and Zelda's antics to get revenge against him were priceless. Totes cute book filled with geektastic references, a whole, new geek culture, and plenty of swoony moments. (Also, I may now want to dress in Zelda as Finity Girl cosplay or take up LARPing for the first time in my life.)
K.K. Summer
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-books
Wow, that was such a sweet book!! I loved all the geekyness and the great characters and the plot! I flew through the pages and I can only recommend this book to anyone who loved "the summer I became a nerd"!
I love her writing style and I sure hope, that she will write other novels like these!
Brittany
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is: Catfish meets, Pretty in Pink, meets the world of fandom. It was typical YA. Cute and funny. I don't want to give too much away, but I will say I loved the geekdom! Great, light, quick read.
Miranda
Feb 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I am a nerd at heart, so I love reading books with nerdy characters. This book was a great romance for nerds, and I had such a fun time reading this book!

The plot was slow at times and a little predictable, but I thought this book was still entertaining. I really loved the banter between Zelda and Dan. It was hilarious, nerdy, and cute. Zelda and Dan made the perfect nerd couple! I will say that I didn't see the connection between them at first, but it definitely grew on me. I was shipping the
Heidi
Apr 02, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three stars: An adorkable romance that is light and fun, but it lacked a bit in the romance.

Zelda Potts is sick and tired of Dan Garrett strutting around like Mr. Popular. He used to be her best friend, and a nerd who liked to participate in live action role playing games. Now Dan is all about basketball and hanging with the popular kids. It still irks Zelda that he ditched her to go to a party, and she overheard him saying unkind things about her. The final straw comes when he hits her with a
Lisa (lifeinlit)
Oct 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, e-arc, 2016
3.5 stars!

I adore stories with nerdy characters because, let’s face it, I can be a little nerdy myself. And though I don’t play video games or LARP, I can understand being passionate about something so strongly. I totally fell for Miller’s ability to write such fun, adorkable characters while reading The Summer I Became a Nerd a few years ago, so when I saw book two was on its way, let’s just say I was pretty excited. We first met Dan in book one… and though I honestly don’t recall many specific
Inah
It’s actually my first time to read a novel from Leah Rae Miller but I’ve been told that she writes really cute and funny romances and I wasn’t disappointed! This book is just the right one I’m looking for.

This is about Dan and Zelda, who used to be close friends, until Dan became popular. After an accident, which humiliated Zelda, she planned on taking a little revenge on him.

People who have read The Summer I Became A Nerd would have already met Dan and Zelda, but since I haven’t read it, I hav
Kassiah
Jul 01, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: ya, pub-2016
Here's the summary:

Revenge of the Nerds meets You've Got Mail!

It's been two years since Dan Garret brought Logan Scott and Maddie Summers together. Or at least, that's how he looks at it. Since then, he's gone through a growth spurt that left him as tall and strapping as his father. Joining the basketball team not only makes him miss his beloved LARP games—it's turned him into the one thing he hates most: popular. He's also lost Zelda Potts, which is full of all kinds of suck since he can't seem
Christina
My original review of this title can be found here on The Book Hookup.

**Disclaimer:** An eARC of these title was provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. However, that did not influence this review in any way. All thoughts, quotes, and opinions will be of this version and not of the published edition.

Quick Thoughts and Rating: 4 stars! Romancing the Nerd was a perfect companion novel to The Summer I Became a Nerd where we first met Dan. This novel was delig
JennRenee
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I totally enjoyed The Summer I Became and Nerd, and was so excited to see another one was coming out. I am sure most of us readers and bloggers of books are nerds. I am a super nerd and the the first book really hit home for me. So I just grabbed at the idea to read another one. It was so good. I loved it. I enjoyed it just as much maybe more than the first one. It for sure did not disappoint.

Dan is a nerd that has turned popular. All by accident and he doesn't know for sure if he fully enjoys i
Alison
Three and a half stars.

I have no idea why I got this book - I thought someone had reviewed it on GR but "none of my friends have reviewed this book" so maybe it was on Heroes and Heartbreakers. Anyway, what happens when a nerd suddenly has a growth spurt and becomes a popular jock? It was an intriguing premise which is why I picked this book up.

Dan Garrett is the nerd in question, the trouble is he doesn't really like his new life and popularity. He would much prefer LARPing (Live Action Role-Pl
Poulami
Originally posted on Daydreaming Books.

*I received an eARC of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.*

I had pretty high expectations for this book and I have been wanting to read it since I saw it on Goodreads. Although I enjoyed the ride but it was a bit of a disappointment as well as it didn't live upto my expectations.

Dan used to be a nerd but after his growth spurt and his skills to play basketball, upped him into the popular crowd but he regrets all of
Jaime Arkin
Jul 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Dan Garrett used to be a part of the nerdy crowd, spending his free time LARP’ing and reading comic books, but these days, after a growth spurt and a budding talent for basketball he’s become Mr. Popular.

Zelda Potts is certainly never going to be part of the cool crowd. She has a crazy sense of fashion and plays the tuba. It was bad enough that Dan turned his back on her and her friends, but then he goes and humiliates her in front of everyone. So now she’s bound on getting her revenge.

I loved
Shannon
Dantheman, who we first meet in The Summer I Became a Nerd as a bit of a nerd himself, is all grown up and now one of the popular kids in high school. How that happened, he's not really sure. But it did, and he is, and it makes for a delightfully, silly, and sweet love story for us to enjoy.

Dan's rise to populardom came at a cost, though, that of his friend Zelda, and she hasn't forgotten or forgiven him. Romancing the Nerd takes us one entertaining adventure after the other, as Zelda plots to g
Bette Hansen
Feb 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the funniest, most entertaining books I've read in a long time. A wonderful YA story about navigating the high school and all the cliques that involves. Always steadfastly in the nerdy crowd, Dan Garrett has recently made his way into the popular crowd and he doesn't like it! What's more is that his old crew and specifically his dream girl Zelda seems to be mad at him, so what's a guy to do?? Determined to stay true to himself he's determined to find out exactly what Zelda's probl ...more
Dunja *a chain reader*
Nov 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, night-owl
Nerds, geeks, high school, finding who you are and where you belong are some of my favorite topics in YA novels. So it is not a surprise that I read this one.

Romancing the Nerd, goes beyond typical YA romance novel. In the forefront there is a romance between two former friends, separated by popularity, Dan Garrett and Zelda Potts. Besides that the story deals with questions of prejudices, bullying and parental pressures. The author combines all these things well and she brings and interesting a
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
Apr 08, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: awful, umm-no, revenge
The Summer I Became a Nerd was a breath of fresh air in the young adult contemporary genre in 2013. It was adorkable and different.

Romancing the Nerd managed to wreck everything up in one, fast sweep. Telling a story about quasi revenge plot and catfishing. Tsk, tsk, tsk. Reasoning behind the revenge were frankly stupid and not good enough.

Petra
Such a charming and funny story.
Rahmi
You can read my review here ...more
Kailey (Kathryn is looking for me)
So, I read both of these Nerd books in one day... but what can I say? I love nerdy books.

I did enjoy the first more than this one, but both are very cute and geek-a-licious and really very funny :D
Amelia
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
It took me a little to warm up to Dan and Zelda because they felt off until about 25% in and then it took a little longer for me to feel the storyline and then it was pure geekiness and I really enjoyed it. I freaking the little appearances from Maddie and Logan and his family, especially Maddie's love and interest in Dan's love life!
I need another book, so cute and nerdy 😊
YH
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Better than the first by virtue of the fact that there was more LARPing. The plot was still shallow and the character motivations were weak.
Stef White
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not as cute as the first one cz I didn't love the premise of the story but very easy quick lovely read and I would love to read more of her books... When she writes them :)
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Young Adult Conte...: #46 Romancing the Nerd, by Leah Rae Miller 4 8 Nov 17, 2016 10:43AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: #152 - Romancing the Nerd 1 1 Jul 29, 2016 08:51AM

• I Hate You, Fuller James
  • Announcing Trouble
  • Aimee and the Heartthrob (Backstage Pass #1)
  • Moment of Truth (Love, Life, and the List, #3)
  • The Dating Debate (Dating Dilemma, #1)
  • All Laced Up (All Laced Up, #1)
  • Anya and the Shy Guy (Backstage Pass #4)
  • Mia and the Bad Boy (Backstage Pass #2)
  • 99% Faking It (Dating Dilemmas, #2)
  • Daisy and the Front Man (Backstage Pass, #3)
  • Eyes on Me
  • Blackmail Boyfriend (Boyfriend Chronicles, #1)
  • Shuffle, Repeat
  • The Avery Shaw Experiment (Science Squad, #1)
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • Wesley James Ruined My Life
  • The Only Thing Worse Than Me Is You
  • Incriminating Dating
Mother, wife, and YA author living on a windy hill in Natchitoches, Louisiana. I love fuzzy socks, comic books, cherry coke, and brand new office supplies. THE SUMMER I BECAME A NERD coming Summer 2013 from Entangled Teen. Stay cool! Contact me at leahraewrites(at)gmail(dot)com

For questions about ARCs, blog tours, interviews, etc. please contact my publicist, Heather Riccio heatherriccio (at) ent

Nerd (2 books)
  • The Summer I Became a Nerd (Nerd, #1)

News & Interviews

“Dan has what amounts to my entire life in the palm of his hand. He’ll see our chats. He’ll see the texts I sent to Beth about him and my plan. And what did I think was going to happen? Did I really think I could pull off some only-works-in-movies shit?

“Do you think it could be possible that Dan didn’t mean to hit me with that basketball?” The question flies out of my mouth, and I don’t remember thinking about asking it.

She scowls, looking me up and down. “Are you okay? I mean, I can tell you’re not. Was he that big of a jerk last night?”

I shake my head and pick at my nail polish. It’s not chipping yet, but it’s inevitable, so why not just go ahead and get it over with? “No, I’m fine. He was fine. I just… I don’t know.”

She puts a worried hand on my shoulder. “What happened, Z? Tell me.”

I let my forehead hit the surface of my desk. It hurts. “He has my phone.”

A bit of time passes where she doesn’t say anything. I just wait for the moment of realization to explode from her.

“Holy shit! Don’t tell me your chat is on there!”

There it is.

I nod my head, which probably just looks like I’m rubbing it up and down on my desk.

“Please tell me it’s password protected or something.”

I shake my head, again seemingly nuzzling my desk.

“Zelda, do you have your homework?” Mr. Drew asks from above me.

I pull out my five hundred words on the importance of James Dean in cinema from my backpack without even looking and hand it to him. Mr. Drew has a big thing for James Dean.

“Are you…okay, Zelda?” he asks a bit uncomfortably.

Good old Mr. Drew. Concerned about his students but very much not well versed in actually dealing with them.

I raise a hand and wave him off. “I’m good. As you were, Drew.”

“Right. Okay then.” He moves on.

Beth rubs my back. “It’s going to be all good in the hood, babe. Don’t worry. Dan won’t be interested in your phone. How did he get it, by the way?”

I turn my head just enough to let her see my face fully. I’m not sure if she sees a woman at the end of her rope or a girl who has no idea what to do next, but she pulls her hand back like she just touched a disguised snake. I’m so not in the mood to describe the sequence of events that led up to the worst moment of my life, and she knows it.”
0 likes
“She rolls her eyes and stomps her foot. I’d call the action cute if I didn’t know this girl wouldn’t hesitate to take out her frustration on a part of my body that is very near and dear to me. A part of my body that holds the future of the Garrett line. The part that could potentially, wait, who am I kidding, that will probablyproduce the first All Powerful, All Knowing Ambassador of the Earth…That would be my genitals, to be clear.” 0 likes