Start by marking “Skinny Dipping with Murder (An Otter Lake Mystery, #1)” as Want to Read:
Skinny Dipping with Murder (An Otter Lake Mystery, #1)

Skinny Dipping with Murder

(An Otter Lake Mystery #1)

Welcome to Otter Lake, where the relaxing, restorative atmosphere is to die for.

Erica Bloom is in no rush to return to Otter Lake, the site of her mother's spiritual retreat for women. Erica met her inner goddess years ago and she's happy to have forged a new identity on her own, thank you very much. But her new-age-y, well-meaning mother is losing her grip on the business
Published March 1st 2016 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Skinny Dipping with Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skinny Dipping with Murder

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
This is definitely a funny book that had me laughing out loud. I liked the characters and the situations, but the mystery wasn't as well-thought out as I would have liked. Having said that, I hope this is a continuing series. Lots of small town local color. I love funny cozy mysteries and this is one of them.

Overall rating: 3.5.5.0 stars.

Reviewed for Affaire de Coeur Magazine. http://affairedecoeur.com.
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: March 1, 2016
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Actual Rating: 5 stars

This is the first book in the Otter Lake Mystery series. It's a hilarious cozy mystery with the type of characters one could easily become best friends with and takes place in an richly described environment. I adored this book and laughed out loud more times than I can count! If you are a cozy mystery junkie and/or love the genre, this is a must have for you! As with any book I fall in love with, I went out and purcha
Linda
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Erica Bloom, a court stenographer in Chicago, has returned to picturesque Otter Lake, NH; a "Mayberry RFD" town located on the water. Her flower child mother, Summer, owns a 30 acre island retreat where women come to find their inner goddess.

Erica is reunited with several of her high school classmates after an 8 year absence. Unfortunately, time seems to have stood still for most of them as they still act as immature and irresponsible as they did as teenagers. Grady Forrester, the boy whom she h
Susan
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Erica comes home 8 years after an embarrassing moment (that people still talk about) at the Raspberry Social. She ends up with a murder investigation that just might land her in jail. I'm going to add this to one of my favorite series list! Erica, Grady, and the rest of the gang had me laughing out loud with their antics. Freddie is fabulous with a capital F! And I'd love to see more of Tweety & Kit Kat. Lots of fun and laughs that kept me reading until late in the night. I'm looking forward ...more
Liz
Dec 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awesome, fun read!! I loved the characters in this book, they were a crazy, group of people that make the story come alive. Erica has lots of great one-liners & there are some just plain laugh out loud moments. Hope there are more books with Erica Bloom,. Grady, her crazy mom, the elderly twins, her best friend, & the town of Otter Lake.

" I was given a free copy of this book from NetGalley.com & St.Martin's Press in exchange for an honest review."
Auralee Wallace
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Aww...my first baby in print!!!

I always wanted to combine my sense of humor with...murder? Well, maybe not, but I hope readers enjoy!
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
3.75 Stars
A REVIEW BY ANG at PNR Book Lover Reviews
Skinny Dipping with Murder by Auralee Wallace is a cosy mystery .

This story had me laughing and I enjoyed the characters. At times I couldn’t catch my breath I was giggling so much.

I really liked the small town feel, SDWM reads fast and is a cute lazy Sunday or weekend read.
Once you start it doesn’t take much time to read, with the twist and turns you will want to know who the killer is and go on this fun adventure with Erica.

Erica has some gr
Laurie Winter
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Erica Bloom is back in Otter Lake, her dysfunctional hometown. Ever since the ‘incident’ at the Raspberry Social, she’s tried very hard to avoid going home. Now that she’s back, even stranger things have started to happen…like a dead body floating in her mother’s well. Erica finds herself the prime suspect and enlists the help of old and new friends to help solve the crime before her time is up.

My Review:
First, let me say that I absolutely adored this book. Erica Bloom’s sarcastic wit had me con
Cheryl
Mar 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
The title of this book is what drew me to it. Instantly I fell in love with this book from the humor to the eccentric characters like Kit Kat, Tweety, Freddie, Rhonda, and Grady to name a few. I knew that I was in for a fun, entertaining journey ride when I read the following line "Dickie Morrison... dead...impaled by a weenie skewer."

There was so many funny antics that Erica found herself in that I found myself carrying a smile on my face. In fact, a few times I had to stop reading to read a l
Dawn
Jun 05, 2016 rated it liked it
This book did hold my attention but not like most books do. the storyline sorta felt choppy to me but I think this series has potential. I like the setting were the story takes place. I will read the next book that comes out.
Melodie
Sep 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2017
This one had me laughing...not as much as Stephanie Plum usually does, but there's definitely a nice shot of humor here. Enough to work with that I'll read the next one....especially since it's set at Halloween!
Sylwia
Nov 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Best mystery ever! I read the entire book with a smile on my face. The book is super entertaining, really funny and very well written. The characters were unbelievably likeable. When does the second book come out? I need to return to Otter Lake!
Susan
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Erica felt like an outcast growing up in tiny Otter Lake, defending her new age-y mother from taunts. After an embarrassing experience, she fled to a quiet, dull, safe life in Chicago. Eight years later, she's home at her mother's demand, and the three boys, now men, responsible for her embarrassment (well, along with her hot temper) are dying, making Erica a suspect. And the sheriff now is the crush--who might have been part of that high school conspiracy--she's never been able to forget. So wi ...more
Diana Clementson
Mar 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Humorous mystery. Looking forward to going back to Otter Lake with Erica.
Laurie
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: july-to-dec-2017
This is an amazing series! I love the humor in it.
Judy
Reviewed on Musings and Ramblings.

I think all of us have some high school trauma that we just never get over. Whether it's a small embarrassing moment, or something on a grander scale, high school is the time when we are at our most awkward and our emotions are at their most volatile. It can leave a last impression. Ant that's just where this book has it's plot roots, in a teenage prank that left her the laughing-stock of the town.

Erica Bloom hasn't been back to Otter Lake since she left, nearly
Jessi
This was certainly a... frenetic book. Frustrating at times, but mostly enjoyable.
When Erica Bloom visits her hometown, Otter Lake, for the first time in eight years, she's not there because she wants to be back. Rather, her mother is perpetrating insurance fraud and she wants Erica to help. Never mind that Erica had a hideously embarrassing episode eight years ago. One that comes up even as the book opens. Then there is a death. And an attempted murder. And then the police department (one, a fo
Ann
Jan 16, 2016 rated it liked it
This is a cozy mystery, with a complicated mother, daughter relationship and a past Erica Bloom wishes would disappear. She returns to Otter Lake to help her mother keep her new age retreat camp from closing. As soon as she get back to New Hampshire, men who tricked her 8 years ago start dying. The handsome sheriff remembered her stuck naked on the stage and thinks she's out for revenge. A good mystery with several possible killers that has you smiling at the subtle humor.
Nancy H
Mar 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
A cast of zany characters, some interesting murders and attempted murders, an unusual spiritual retreat for women with issues, some very funny, laugh-out-loud scenes, and a potentially hot romance make this book an excellent beginning to a new series.
Linda
Dec 17, 2015 rated it did not like it
A flaky story coupled with annoying and unbelievable characters (Tommy, Dickie, and Harry?) made this book a very tedious read.
Traci
Jul 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fun-mystery
Cute read. Would probably say it's more 3.5 stars. It was just the light read I needed after reading The Girls and cute enough to make me want to try others in the series.
Ashley Mariner
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Skinny Dipping with Murder is the first book in Auralee Wallace's Otter Lake Mystery series. After suffering as the butt of a humiliating practical joke at the town's Raspberry Social, Erica Bloom left her hometown of Otter Lake and didn't return for eight years. Finally returning when her mother summons her home for an "emergency" but, suddenly, people connected to that old practical joke start to die or disappear. Erica is no serial killer, but it sure looks like someone is framing her. Erica ...more
Erin L
Oct 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy-tourism
Let's get this out of the way - this book has much that is implausible. Seriously implausible. Add to that some crazy impulsive characters who behave in ways that would make them unlikeable (completely unstable) in real life, and we have a book that I shouldn't have liked.

I get it. This book has issues, but I LOVED IT. I couldn't put it down. I read it with the same sense of "what is WRONG with these people and this town!?" that the author seemed to have along with a strange sense of crazy small
Maud
Oct 18, 2018 rated it did not like it
The day of her return to Otter Lake, Erica Bloom finds the murdered body of on of her high school class mates.
The murder mystery was merely a vehicle for Ms. Erica Bloom's silly and childish adolescent high school issues.
On the last page she had a reluctant epiphany; it might have benefited the book if she had said epiphany on the first page.
My first and last Otter Lake mystery!
Gretchen
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked the comedy and hijinks in this story. Some of it got a little too much, but I think that of many comedy movies and shows. I think I'm going to like this new-to-me series. The characters are quirky and so is the town. I'm glad I bought all four of them at once.
Donna Simonetta
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I stumbled across book 3 of this series and read it first. I loved it so much, I went back and bought this (book 1) and it didn't disappoint!
It was laugh-out-loud funny, with quirky (but well-rounded) characters, and a mystery.
I've already ordered book 2.
Kaylabookworm22 L
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I fell in love with the characters and especially love the main character Erica. I laughed a lot. I highly recommend this book and look forward to continuing this series!
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Humorous beginning to the Otter Lake series. Glad I have 3 and 4 to shoot through!
Sue
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun read. Great break when some light reading is needed.
Debbie
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Funny ! Loved it !!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Death in a Difficult Position (Mantra for Murder, #4)
  • Pumpkins in Paradise (Tj Jensen Paradise Lake Mystery #1)
  • Hearse and Gardens (Hamptons Home & Garden Mysteries #2)
  • Quickstep to Murder (A Ballroom Dance Mystery #1)
  • Murder at Redwood Cove
  • Stolen
  • Digging Up Bones (Birdwell, Texas Mysteries #1)
  • A Taste Fur Murder (Whiskey, Tango & Foxtrot Mystery, #1)
  • A Ghostly Demise (Ghostly Southern Mysteries #3)
  • An Unseen Current
  • Double Black (A Ski Diva Mystery, #1)
  • Maddie's Recipe of Mysteries (Rockcrest Cove Mystery #1)
  • Fleur de Lies (Passport to Peril, #9)
  • Bun for Your Life (Bread and Batter Mystery #1)
  • Fat Tuesday Fricassee (Biscuit Bowl Food Truck Mystery, #3)
  • Murder on Ice (A Figure Skating Mystery #1)
  • A Murder in Mohair (Black Sheep Knitting Mysteries, #8)
  • Crime and Poetry (Magical Bookshop, #1)
Auralee Wallace has played many roles in her life, including college professor, balloon seller, and collections agent. When this semi-natural blond mother of three children (and psychiatric nurse to one rescue cats) isn’t writing humorous novels about quirky characters, she can often be found watching soap operas with lurid fascination and warring with a family of peregrine falcons for the rights ...more

An Otter Lake Mystery (6 books)
  • Pumpkin Picking with Murder (An Otter Lake Mystery, #2)
  • Snowed In with Murder (An Otter Lake Mystery #3)
  • Ring in the Year with Murder (An Otter Lake Mystery #4)
  • Down the Aisle with Murder (An Otter Lake Mystery #5)
  • Haunted Hayride with Murder (An Otter Lake Mystery, #6)