Start by marking “Mandalas to Crochet: 30 Great Patterns” as Want to Read:
Mandalas to Crochet: 30 Great Patterns

Mandalas to Crochet: 30 Great Patterns

Crocheted mandalas are having a moment! And it's no wonder the lovely mandala is in vogue: one evening is often enough to begin and finish something eye-catching. Many crocheters make mandalas as a meditative activity, while others love them simply for the wonderful opportunities they offer for mixing colors and stitch textures. A new take on traditional shapes, like grann ...more
Published March 15th 2016 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Mandalas to Crochet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mandalas to Crochet

Monique Snyman
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I got this book prior to its release in return for an honest review, but technically I didn't know how to crochet or even how to review this book. A month ago, I didn't know how to crochet. Period. I was all fingers and thumbs, and although I've wanted to learn for years, I couldn't teach myself. Someone had to sit with me, be patient, and teach me the basics without any interruptions ... I might have cornered my mom and aunt into teaching me, but I regret nothing. ^_^ Anywho, so although I knew ...more
Diana
I received this book through Goodreads Giveaways. I can't wait to start on some of the Mandala's in it there are many beautiful patterns. The thing I like the most about the book is that it has both a pattern drawing and the written out pattern instructions so you have a choice of which to use. I can't read pattern drawings yet so I'm hoping that this will help that. If you're looking for something different to crochet definitely check out this book.
Sandy
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, book, crochet, reference
My search for mandalas lead me to this book. Very good patterns and instructions. I especially interested to learn how to make perfectly round circles when crocheting.
Bookworm
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Mandalas to Crochet: 30 Great Patterns by Haafner Linssen has become an instant favorite. This one has thirty gorgeous mandala patterns, crisp photos, clear instructions and really is a visual delight.

Designer Haafner Linssen says “In Hinduism and Buddhism, mandalas have a ritual role, representing Buddha or even the universe. The different parts of such a mandala have a symbolic meaning. For instance, the outer circle often symbolizes wisdom in Buddhism”

This book is divided up into three chapte
Hannah
I won a copy of this book in a Goodreads giveaway.

I really like the book. I am looking forward to trying out a bunch of the designs. I'm not a very experienced crocheter, so I'm starting with a relatively plain mandala. I want to practice the deceptively difficult process of making a flat disk before I try the more complicated designs.

The book describes several alternatives for how and where to start each round. I like that the author shows respect for both the simple and the advanced techniques
Ramie
May 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: crafty
What I expected: gorgeous mandalas, preferably some with the fancy overlay look.

What the book actually is: some pretty designs and some filler.

The prettiest design is one called "vintage vibes" and while not the fanciest design ever, it still definitely met my expectations. If the book were full of designs like that one, it'd be 5 stars.

Unfortunately there's more than a few that are simple flat circles. In skimming, a few times I found myself asking didn't I already see this? While it turned out
Ashley Chew
Jun 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crafts
I am really enjoying this book. I'm a fairly new crocheter and I have found all the patterns so far to be really easy and accessible. I've completed 3 mandalas so far and plan on doing several more. Would love more books from this author.
Casseroll
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful patterns. The mandalas are great. The patterns include written and chart/symbol instructions. Meditative and decorative!
Izabella Borowiak-Miller
Very easy to follow and gave me new ideas for some other designs! This is a cute book and I love it!
Cathy
Jun 02, 2016
Wendi
Nov 17, 2016
Lori Ehrman
rated it did not like it
Dec 01, 2017
Jun 15, 2018
Kelly Baxter
Oct 16, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Alabama Studio Sewing + Design: A Guide to Hand-Sewing an Alabama Chanin Wardrobe
  • The New Crewel: Exquisite Designs in Contemporary Embroidery
  • Skirt-a-Day Sewing: Create 28 Skirts for a Unique Look Every Day
  • Simple Modern Sewing: 8 Basic Patterns to Create 25 Favorite Garments
  • Design-It-Yourself Clothes: Patternmaking Simplified
  • Sew What! Skirts: 16 Simple Styles You Can Make with Fabulous Fabrics
  • Generation T: 108 Ways to Transform a T-Shirt
  • Making Handmade Books: 100+ Bindings, Structures  Forms
  • Under Water: A Mindful Coloring Book Containing Astounding Illustrations from Beneath the Waves
  • How to Make Books: Fold, Cut & Stitch Your Way to a One-of-a-Kind Book
  • Crochet Stitches Visual Encyclopedia: 300 Stitch Patterns, Edgings, and More
  • The Ice-Cream Cone Coot and Other Rare Birds
  • Food As Medicine: How to Use Diet, Vitamins, Juices, and Herbs for a Healthier, Happier, and Longer Life
  • Around the Tarot in 78 Days: A Personal Journey Through the Cards