Start by marking “Can You Keep a Secret? (Fear Street Relaunch, #4)” as Want to Read:
Can You Keep a Secret? (Fear Street Relaunch, #4)

Can You Keep a Secret?

(Fear Street Relaunch #4)

How many nightmares begin in the Fear Street Woods?

Eddie and Emmy are high school sweethearts from the wrong side of the tracks. Looking for an escape from their dreary lives, they embark on an overnight camping trip with four friends in the Fear Street Woods.

As Eddie carves a heart in a tree, he and Emma make a shocking discovery. It’s a discovery that will lead to the en
Published April 12th 2016 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Can You Keep a Secret?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Can You Keep a Secret?

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
MY BLOG: Melissa Martin's Reading List

Okay, so I love R.L. Stine books. I loved part of this book a lot, the other was a little meh. You have Emmy who has dreams about a black, blue-eyed wolf and then in the dreams she seems to turn into the wolf. She is so disturbed by these dreams she thinks she's a wolf or she's going crazy. The only person she has told of these dreams is her little sister Sophie. Their mom tells Emmy that she was bitten by a dog when she was little while visiting her aunt in
Carrie
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Emmy has suffered from nightmarish dreams of a wolf and finds that a real wolf has been spotted near her home so her imagination begins to run wild. She and her friends, along with boyfriend Eddie had planned to spend a night in the Fear Street Woods. When Eddie and Emmy sneak off they find a briefcase full of cash. When the others see the money the group decides to hide the cash until they can investigate where it might have come from.

When I first finished this book I thought it was an alright
{ U n s o l v e d M y s t e r y }
Nov 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to { U n s o l v e d M y s t e r y } by: Won in GRs giveaway
I won this through a Goodreads giveaway. Thank you very much! =)

It's refreshing to see R.L. Stine hasn't lost his cheesy touch.
I guess the last time I read a book by Stine was probably in my teens.
The only difference in this book versus previous ones are cell phones and computers are added.

His books will always have a special place in my heart.

description
Lexie
GIGANTIC HUGE SPOILER WARNING FOR THE ONE AND ONLY THING I WANT TO SAY RIGHT NOW:

(view spoiler)
Lazar
May 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, r-l-stine
Can you keep a secret ? I had really low expectations before starting it.The plot sounded stupid and the same as one of his original Fear Street books.The two story lines had nothing to do with each other but were connected in an interesting way.I didn't expected few of the things but some of them were predictable.I am giving the book 4 stars because of the disgusting pet cemetery chapters and how it all came together in the end.
Lisa
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm an over-30 adult who still loves RL Stine's Goosebumps/Fear Street books. My own children have grown up reading both series as well.

I was thrilled to win an advanced reader copy of Can You Keep a Secret, and I was not disappointed in it at all. I know that it's geared towards a younger audience, but I still enjoyed it. There was mystery, drama, fear and it kept me guessing until the end. I give this book 5 stars!
Connie
Source: I received a digital copy of this book from the publisher, via netgalley, in exchange for an honest review, with thanks to St. Martin's Griffin and Netgalley.
Cost: Free

Title: Can You Keep A Secret?
Series: Fear Street Relaunch #4
Author: RL Stine
Overall Rating: 5 stars

Full review: http://sunstormsandthunderclouds.blog...

Of course I loved it, let's not beat around the bush here.

I am a massive fan of RL Stine's books, I've read the whole Goosebumps series, I've read most of the P
Morris
Aug 20, 2018 rated it liked it
I still enjoy reading old Goosebumps and a Fear Street books, but this one did have the same magic as many of the others. It felt predictable to me. That being said, it will still have some appeal to many fans so I'll neither recommend nor not recommend it.

Unbiased rating based upon a copy won through the Goodreads First Reads program.
Alisha Webster
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Read this review and more at The Bohemian Housewife Blog

Can You Keep A Secret? is another excellent read from the Fear Street Relaunch. From page one I was immersed in the story. I was kept on my toes with every twist and turn. I'm not normally a fan of twists around every corner but, as always, R.L. Stine pulls it off. I'm a big scaredy-cat and need to learn not to read these books right before bed.

Emma's confusion really added to the story. She even had me second guessing what was going to hap
Valerie
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Maybe it was nostalgia, maybe it was the quick suspense, maybe it was something else…but all I know is that I loved every second of reading this book. So much in fact that I didn’t put it down. I read it through (all 327 pages) in one sitting. Granted the text was pretty big, but still. I love being able to revisit Fear Street and the Woods with R.L. Stine. In the story itself, we learn about Emmy and the secret she is hiding. This one comes out in 2016 and I highly recommend picking up a copy. ...more
Vanessa
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
I feel like I was reading this forever. It was okay. I used to love these when I was a teen. This one would likely not have been a favorite. It's suspenseful, but certainly not scary. I like the ones that keep you up at night thinking the boogeyman is coming to get you.
Crystal
Feb 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Classic RL Stine! I love it! These books are the perfect balance of story and creepiness for older kids!
Chandni
This was a ridiculously stupid book and I hated Emmy and Eddy's relationship. This is not how people should treat each other.
Shelley
Expected publication: April 12th 2016 by St. Martin's Griffin
Mindea
Jul 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: own, read-in-2018
Can You Keep a Secret is everything you came to love from R.L. Stine's Fear Street books back in the 90s. I was an avid Fear Street reader in my early teens and this relaunch is pure nostalgia.

In this Fear Street novel we have 2 story lines that merge together in, what can only be described as, a "Stiney way". Emmy and her friends go out one night to camp in the Fear Street Woods (cause all good ideas happen in the woods). They encounter a tree with a bag hidden inside of it that is full of cas
Shalini Choudhary
Oh boy, what do I tell you? Well thanks to R.L.Stein for introducing me to books when I was in 5th standard and to make me a reader since then. Goosebumps were the first ever novels I read and started admiring the art of writing. i read a lots of goosebumps which were for kids but I never got about reading his Fear street series which were for teenagers. This was my first fear street novel. As an adult which have read a lot of trillers I’d say this book was pretty predictable. I knew where it wa ...more
Bert Zee
Sep 20, 2018 rated it liked it
I’m sensing with this iteration of Fear Street that R.L Stine has taken inspiration from classic teen horror films, The Lost Girl was totally Carrie, and now this one seems very Ginger Snaps.

It’s super fun and easy to read, just what I needed as the last 2 books I read were big disappointments.

3.5 Stars
Amanda Cloutier
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Can you Keep a Secret by American Novelist R. L. Stine is a young adult suspense novel. It was published on April 12, 2016. The book takes place in present tense, in a town called Shadyside. Some main characters in the book include: Emmy, Eddie, Sophie, and Mac. Eddie and Emmy are dating. Sophie is Emmy’s sister. Mac is Eddie’s boss at the Pet Cemetery that he works at after school. Eddie & Emmy, along with a few of their friends decide to camp out in the Fear Street woods. Eddie & Emmy ...more
Dee ~ Proudest Nanna Of Little  Millie ~
Really good R.L. Stine Book.
Shelby
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Bryn
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-stars
Well, this was disappointing. I picked this book out because it's by a horror author, for teenagers. I know most of his books are for kids, but this is for young adults, so I was expecting a bit of creepiness. I got virtually nothing. It's hard to even talk about this. It's just really bland.

Characters. Eh. Not absolutely terrible like the Twilight characters, but they were so bland. I couldn't bring myself to care about any of them. Their interactions were wooden.

Worldbuilding. Not sure if th
Liliana
Reviewed on Lili Lost in a Book

So Can You Keep a Secret? had two sort of intertwined storylines going on at once: First, we got the discovery of a briefcase full of money that was hidden in the Fear Street Woods. Then we have Emma and her strange dreams starring wolves. Also, people around town are turning up dead, being mauled by an animal. A wolf maybe? Coincidence? Who know, but Emma is totally freaked out!

I thought the multiple mysteries in this book were very intriguing--the plot twist with
Doseofbella
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Can you Keep A Secret (Fear Street #4)
By: R. L. Stine
Publisher: St. Martin’s Press
Copy Courtesy of Goodreads Giveaway
Reviewed By: tk

Well can you?

Eddie and Emmy know all about secrets. Even their relationship could be considered a secret. It all begins when these sweethearts join friends for a one night camping trip in the Fear Street Woods. Once they settle around a fire for the night they experience the sounds of the woods…
Reports of a killer wolf has these teens spooked. Could it be lurking i
Meghan
Jan 12, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a fun read that is full of descriptive language and interesting details. I enjoyed the storyline of the wolves and sisters, but wish I had not been able to figure out who did the robbery and the twist with the wolves so soon. This story had some unique plays on multiple stereotypes such as sibling relationships and one being popular and one not, high school cliques and friendship, wealthy and not wealthy, etc.

I liked hearing about Aunt Marta, but was left with questions about who she re
Kaitlin
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
R.L. Stine was a staple of my childhood. I've read more of his Goosebumps and Fear Street books than I can count. There were a plenty of nights where his monsters and maniacs would keep me from sleep and my head buzzing with my own writing ideas. We had a good run, R.L, but I've grown up and your stories can't scare me anymore.
Even going back and reading the Fear Street novels as an adult, some of Stine's twists were actually able to surprise me. There are times where the killer is the last per
Jan 27, 2016 rated it liked it
*ARC provided by St Martin's Press via NetGalley*

I grew up reading any and all R.L. Stine books i could get my hands on and when i saw this i had to read it.
Can You Keep a Secret? follows Emmy and Eddie high school sweethearts, when along with four friends decide to spend the night camping in the Fear Street Woods. When Eddie carves his and Emmy's names into a tree they find a briefcase full of cash in the trees trunk. Do they keep it or hand it in? What follows becomes stranger and stranger w
Feb 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Let's be real here. This is an R.L. Stine book. Although older than the Goosebumps series, the Fear Street series is still made for kids. Going into it I was fully prepared for a nostalgic kind of story and that's exactly what I got. The story is creepy enough for kids, but didn't itch my horror fix (not like I expected it to). In the end, I liked the story enough, but just for nostalgias sake..I'm not sure I'd dive deeper into the series. I may add to this review later when I have more time.

I
Melissa Arenson
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: library, horror
I wanted to like this book so much, but it seemed to suffer from multiple personality disorder. The description indicated that it would be about camping in the fear street woods. I was excited about that. But they didn't stay in the woods for more than an hour. There was also a werewolf plot and a robbery plot and lots of family drama. At a certain point, there are simply too many plot lines! I love the Fear Street books and was super jazzed about the re-release. But these plots seem a bit stale ...more
Bianca R
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
R.L. Stine has constructed yet another great book. This story takes place in a small town and focuses on a teen-girl, named Emmy. Only...Emmy is not like any other teen-girl, she has had reoccurring nightmares about a wolf ever since she got bit by one when she was younger. This story unravels the truth behind these nightmares after Emmy and her high school sweetheart come across a briefcase full of stolen money. The only reason I gave this book 4 stars instead of 5, was because I, personally, w ...more
Ann
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
R.L. Stine never ceases to keep the suspense coming! Eddie and Emmy ar high school sweetheart from the wrong side of town. They decide to join some friends for an overnight camping trip in the
Fear Street Woods. As they stop to carve a heart in the side of a tree, they discover a bag of hidden money. After, a discussion they all agree to leave the money where it is. When a Emmy's family has any emergency and needs money, she decides to return to the tree and fetch some of the money, only to find
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Dark Genesis (Dark Genesis, #1)
  • What You Hide
  • The Messengers
  • The Chaos of Now
  • Mirror, Mirror (Point Horror, #13)
  • Nine Days
  • Silent Stalker
  • Harrowed (The Woodsview Murders, #1)
  • Tales of Death and Dementia
  • The Fever
  • Don't I Know You?
  • Camp So-and-So
  • Phantom Wheel (Hackers)
  • Deadfall
  • Bleeding Earth
  • Alone
  • Nightstruck (Nightstruck, #1)

R. L. Stine b

Fear Street Relaunch (6 books)
  • Party Games (Fear Street Relaunch, #1)
  • Don't Stay Up Late (Fear Street Relaunch, #2)
  • The Lost Girl (Fear Street Relaunch, #3)
  • The Dead Boyfriend (Fear Street Relaunch, #5)
  • Give Me a K-I-L-L (Fear Street Relaunch, #6)