Start by marking “Deceit (Beastly Tales, #2)” as Want to Read:
Deceit (Beastly Tales, #2)

Deceit

(Beastly Tales #2)

A Beauty and the Beast Novel

Safely hidden within the estate’s enchanted walls, Benella no longer has time to fear her tormentors. She’s too preoccupied attempting to determine what makes the beast so beastly. It might be the taxing visits from the aged enchantress who cursed him or his growing vexation at not being allowed to touch Benella.

In order to gain her freedom,
Published July 21st 2015 (first published July 19th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Deceit, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Taylor Yes, they are the same person, she was disguising herself

Start your review of Deceit (Beastly Tales, #2)
Mischenko
DNF - I just can't get into this one at all. The first book was okay, but this one isn't for me. There's more character development and the beast is better explained, but this is too weird for me. I'll end the series here...
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
Reread December 2017. I still love this one.

----------------------

It is beyond cruel to leave me hanging like that!!! Evil author!

Seriously, I loved this one even more than the first book. Amazing
Naksed
BAM! Five "can't put it down" stars. How does an author manage to surprise and move a jaded reader by reworking a tale that has been told and retold a thousand times already? If you want to find out, read M.J. Haag's dark erotic romance modeled on Beauty and the Beast. Deceit is the second part of the trilogy and like its predecessor Depravity, cannot be read as a stand alone and ends on a cliffy. On to the third volume...
AK Mama Reads
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book...no. I never thought I'd have to say this but I don't know if we can be friends any longer Melissa Haag. You have severely devastated me this time. In an utterly brilliant twist of fate, you did something that I never saw coming. **here's me clapping my hands while drying my face at the same time**
Few books can illicit such a torrent of emotions, and I have to say that despite the fact I'm once again left aching to know what happens, I am happy to have the chance to read this far, and
kelly {BookCrushin}
Full review to come closer to release date, I beta read this & LOVED IT! This is a serial release novel but it is lengthy and well worth it! SMOKING HOT TOO!

Full review posted on BookCrushin on 7/22/15!

Deceit is the second part, of the three part serial, The Beastly Tales and this may contain minor spoilers from book 1, Depravity: A Beauty and the Beast Novel (Beastly Tales Book 1). Deceit blew me away and I felt like there was so much going on in part 2 of this series that I am not sure
Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣

Ok! Deceit and Devastation kept me up until 6.30 a.m. and not for the right reasons.

First of all, I fail to understand why there are three books. As I see it, it's just one book split into three parts.

Second, if I liked Depravity, the second book walks the fine line between it was ok and did not like. And mostly because...

description

Benella seems on verge of getting raped every other chapter. And I find that forced and unrealistic. How little self preservation can one have to continuously put
Bon Tom
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
OK, things started to move forward... a little :) Enough for this story to become quite enjoyable.
Brittney Andrews (beabookworm)
Every time the Beast mentions Rose (view spoiler), this is all that I can see:

description

See my full review of Depravity, the first book.
meghann
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So I read this whole book in one sitting last night. The first part had me like:

photo tumblr_m4hksvqPS31r3x7i2o1_400.gif

Then the second part had me going:

photo anigif_enhanced-buzz-27986-1373055506-0.gif

photo giphy_3.gif

And then that ending just:

photo bushice.gif

So now I'm trying really hard to get all my stuff done today before I buy the third book and read it all in one sitting.
Rebecca Rogers
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WOWZA...part 2 is full of trial and error, acceptance, love, deciet, mistrust, pain, and devastation...Benella adjusts to her new surroundings in the Beasts estate. He is rough, unkept, brash, selfish and used to getting his way. With her soft touch, honesty, and sheer will power she learns to make her surroundings her home. Part two provides answers but also arises more questions. Will she survive what the Beast has in store for her?
Shasha
Aug 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rape, cliffhanger
Wow! The emotions covered in this book will bring you up and down. The heroine has a strong sense of right and wrong and is curious in an innocent way. The hero is hot and cold but begins to make changes because of her influence.

I would classify this as erotica, monster at that, because the hero is a beast.

The cliffhanger tore my heart and I can't wait for book 3!

Mature content including attempted rape and f/f tension
Tandie
The Beasty Boy is a bit voyeuristic and has a bad temper, some redeeming qualities too. Beauty is a total martyr. She's totally passive about assaults & violence in her own community, weak! At this point, I like Beastie a lot better than the girlie. I even like the two harem ladies. They're like her spirit guides/mother figures without any personal boundaries.
Gi's Spot Reviews
Nov 28, 2015 marked it as can-never-read
Shelves: rape
H rapes OW... :(
Self note:

Fran
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So you might notice that the review for book 2 comes very close after book 1. I can basically sum up the review with this one statement. Book threes review will shortly follow. That's right book 2 continued the amazingly blunt, open, full of amazing and terrifying things story. The cliffhanger ending in book 1 is nothing compared to this one! I also want to applaud Benella for thinking up the way to break the curse and instead of keeping it to herself and keeping the beast (as she is in love ...more
Rebekah
Mar 11, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2018, dnf, fantasy, na, abuse
EEEEEEEWWWW NOOOOOOOOO!!!! GRROOOOOSSS!!! This is more of Beauty and Beastiality

Yup definitely DID NOT FINISH.
Kira Simion
Jul 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: retellings, 2019
Good, well, okay. It had some action and some tension, but even those moments, as unrealistic as they were, were little and while some with some suspense, not the best of reasoning as to how they happened.

Also everyone was an asshole who used the main character and sometimes she definitely could’ve avoided it but didn’t and then did the exact same mistake a few pages later??
Tracy
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
We pick up where Depravity leaves off. I won’t say where you are, but I will say that this is the time where the beast has her to himself and he is trying to woo her. Kind of. He needs her to help him to break his curse. So she is doing everything that she can to help him figure this out. She seeks out help from the Whispering Sisters, from the nymphs and tree and the enchanted creatures at the estate. Benella didn’t mind helping the Beast, she never thought that by helping him, she would find ...more
Rana
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book because . . .

- It is written by Melissa Haag. She is a phenomenal and imaginative writer, and her books are well written, unique, and a pleasure to read. Melissa also seems to always make me feel what her characters are feeling, whether good or bad.

- When I started reading it captured my attention,and I did not want to put it down.

- I'm loving the main character, Benella; love her practical side, her honesty, her sense of humor, her kindness, her toughness. I have a love/hate
Jamie (The Kansan Reader)

I love the slow build up of the romance between the Beast and Benella. I still don't care highly of Benella's sisters. Wy is going to laugh at my little self control since I went ahead and bought the third book.

Greta
Jul 21, 2015 rated it liked it
I really don't know how to rate it.
This is almost like erotica. Very strange, sexually tense relationship between Benella and the Beast.
Rowan
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
I'm usually all for beauty and the beast retellings. I knew this was a more erotic type of retelling, I'm just not sure this one's for me. I had a couple of wtf am I reading moments.
Will probably finish book 3 just to see how it ends though.
Miriam
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 stars audio and story.
Squeeeeeee! Love this series. Moving immediately to book 3!
Meg (booksandwinewithmeg.blog)
Ya know, the more I think about it the story is horrible. But it really kept me reading and it pretty HAWT. There are so many ways this could be better!
Courtney
Deceit is book 2 of M.J. Haag's Beastly Tales series and it starts up where Depravity ends. There are even more sexual scenes than in book 1, and like before some are dark (and even strange), so be warned.

After Byle loses her sewing job, the family moves to another town where their father can continue working as a teacher but with better pay (at a place called the Whispering Sisters- which is pretty much a brothel). The house they move to is much smaller than their former and they face even
Jon Abbott
This is the bridge book between the opening book (Depravity in this excellent and very different retelling of the Beauty and the Beast story and what I hope will be the conclusion in the third book. Devastation, although that title doesn't give assurance of an HEA.

Ms. Haag is very creative in coming up with plot twists while staying within the boundaries of the tale. The only real reason I give it 4 starts instead of 5 is that the three books should be one. However - if Ms. Haag had priced it
Heavenly
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have purchased this book so all the thoughts are 100% mine and I was not asked for the review.

WOW! I thought the first part was amazing, but this...THIS part is freaking awesome!

The book picks up straight after Benella agreed to take her father's place in the Beast's mansion. At the beginning she feels like a real prisoner. Only counting days to visit her family helps her escape her sad fate and also helps her go through beast's tantrums. She wanted to help him break the spell as it meant that
MyWolfs_Booktaste
Aug 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
****Dark Romance, Erotica, Fantasy,Twists,Fairy Tale Retelling****

Rating: 4.2/5 Stars

I'm amazed how this author can write a fairy-tale retelling. We know the original story and we have read MANY different versions but usually lead to the same thing but THIS. WOW. Its definitely its own original world. Its intriguing, captivating and pulls you to its world. I love the fantasy around it and I LOVE how the characters are growing as the story unfolds. There are so many twists!! ESPECIALLY THAT
Jessica
This series gets better and better!!

Another amazingly told continuation to this classic tale. I loved the beast!! Omg he was so mysterious and intense. And the way he changes with Benella. The way he takes care of her even with unconventional ways.
This has become one of my favorite series of all times. The way this story is told is so complex and detailed. It made me fall in love with it all over again! Steamy romance with intense scenes that will have you hyperventilating!
These two are
Joan Clark
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy smokes. I enjoyed Depravity (book 1), but Deceit (book 2) blew it out of the water! We learn more about the beast and why he is cursed. Benella continues to steal my heart and loyalty with her selflessness. The twists and turns had me staying up to read it in one day. I could not put this down. This book was full of excitement, disappointment, hope, and betrayal. I cannot recommend it enough. I finished with my jaw on the floor and begging for book 3.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 3 Aug 16, 2015 11:20AM

• Touch
  • Beauty of the Beast (Fairy Tale Retellings #1)
  • The Cold King
  • Hope(less) (Judgement of the Six, #1)
  • Of Beast and Beauty (Daughters of Eville #1)
  • Beauty and the Goblin King (Fairy Tale Heat, #1)
  • Beauty and the Beast: Freed (Frisky Fairy Tales #3)
  • (Mis)fortune (Judgement of the Six, #2)
  • Beauty and the Beast (Once Upon a Spell, #1)
  • Beauty and the Beast: Book 1 of the Frisky Fairy Tales
  • War (The Four Horsemen, #2)
  • His Darkest Craving
  • Tamed by the Troll (Perished Woods #1)
  • (Un)wise (Judgement of the Six, #3)
  • (Dis)content (Judgement of the Six, #5)
  • Entreat Me
  • The Vampire Queen (Wheel of Crowns, #3)
  • The Queen of Witches (Wheel of Crowns, #2)
MJ Haag is the pen name for Melissa Haag, a multi-published author of three series.

As MJ Haag she writes adult paranormal/fantasy romance. The Beastly Tales saga starts with Depravity, published June 2015. There are 2 more books in this series. Deceit publishes July 2015 and Devastation in August 2015.

As Melissa Haag she's the bestselling author of the YA paranormal romance Judgement of the Six

Beastly Tales (3 books)
  • Depravity (Beastly Tales, #1)
  • Devastation (Beastly Tales, #3)