Start by marking “Among the Flames (Legend of the Liberator #2)” as Want to Read:
Among the Flames (Legend of the Liberator #2)

Read Book

Among the Flames (Legend of the Liberator #2)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  13 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
After fleeing her home in Tharien with the Emperor's forces hot on her heels, Aia Wynnald has only one goal: To end the two-thousand-year-old discrimination against Benders—a race of beings like her, with a misunderstood gift. But when the Emperor’s Church of Mighty retaliates with a new threat, her noble plans are put on hold.

With her companion Cole Balain, a former enem
Published April 25th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Among the Flames, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Among the Flames

Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: author, fantasy, review
Thanks to Shelby K Morrison for giving me this book to review.

Among the Flames is the very good second book in Legend of the Liberator series. This book was well written with an interesting story and good world building. It did not have as many twists as the previous book and was also less action packed as the story was more about building the rebellion and getting the knowledge about the Church out.

Aia is a natural leader who wants to help everyone, whether they be Benders or not. She is also
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, favorites, r-r-s, ya
Thank you to the author, Shelby K. Morrison, for gifting me with a copy of Among the Flames in exchange for an honest review!

This series is truly a hidden gem.  I reviewed the first book, From the Ashes, a while ago and loved it and I had pretty much the same feelings for the second installment (read my review HERE ).

1.  The characters.  The main characters we get to know more are Aia (obviously), Cole, and Fynris (a new character).  I loved exploring their personalities further.  I especially l
Jackie
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars
**I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Thanks to Shelby K. Morrison for providing this opportunity.**
I have to say I'm extremely glad I read From the Ashes again before reading this as I would have been extremely confused otherwise.
After finishing, I was excited to get on with Among the Ashes and see what was next for Aia and company. Sadly though, I felt that this book suffered from, as my friend Courtney nicely put it, "second book syndrome
C.P. Cabaniss
It's been two years since I read the first book, and a lot of details have escaped my memory, so that might have made this reading experience a little dull compared to what I remember of the first book.

This was enjoyable at times, but I found most of it to be repetitive. The worldbuilding was a little lacking, I had a hard time picturing the people and places that Aia and Cole visited, as well as the magic. A lot of the side characters also began to morph for me, making it difficult to follow s
Caron
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This review can also be found on my blog at: https://diminishingthoughts.wordpress...

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Among the Flames is the long awaited sequel to From the Ashes (review here). After the events that took place in book one, Aia and Cole flee and end up teaming with a group of rebels claiming Aia to be their liberator.

I didn’t remember much of the first book as it’s been years since I read it. A few scenes did pop into my head here and there b
Stina Andersen
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to Shelby K Morrison for giving me this book to read and review!
And she dose it again!
It's still well written!

The book picks up where we left Aia and Cole in book 1. And it's starts with some action and angst. We get to learn more about this world with Aia and Cole. And we learn how much Aia is ready to do for benders and not-benders.
"Leaders attract followers, they don’t ask for them."

Aia learn what the consequences of her actions from book 1, are. Can she become what some hope she is?
Emma Elizabeth
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm glad I had the amazing opportunity to read this book! I love the story line and finding out what happens to Aia. I love the book and want to read whatever comes next in Aia's story! The events in the book surprised me which I loved since not all books can do that to me anymore. You can tell when the book changes points of view which is extremely important. The only thing that could be in improved is describing things, like what is going on around the character or what the other minor charact ...more
Eshwarya Andy
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I think this book was great, almost as good as the first. I do feel like it got a little bit draggy at some points; perhaps a little too much behind why the characters felt the way they did.
Also, this thing between Cole and Aia, what a slow burn, eh? I keep waiting for something to happen but it never comes. I can't say I don't like it though, it shows maturity; that they're willing to set their feelings aside for the good of the people.
Fynris was a very human character. A parent would do an
Jade
Thank you to the author for giving me an ARC of her book.

Aia and Cole on the run, fleeing from their home, after their explosive fight against Breakers, the Emperor. They end up meeting a group of Rebels fighting against the Church.
Can Aia convince this Rebel group, to work together with her and help them change their fate?

Among the Flame, the follow book of ‘From the Ashes’.
Among the Flame is a great follow up of From the Ashes, expanding your knowledge of the world, its people and Aia’s an
Sherry
Nov 19, 2017
Kia
Apr 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
**Rating: 3.5**

First of all, thank you Shelby Morrison for gifting me this book as an ARC.

It's been years since I've read the first one, so maybe that was why I felt disconnected to the characters at first.

I thought this book was an overall good read, but there were certain clichés that distanced me from truly liking this book. I felt the whole "you have to lead the rebellion" thing overused, but I did appreciate how Ms. Morrison had explained it. Aha had to learn to be a leader, it wasn't some
Nicole
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Where From the Ashes is pretty contained in its setting, Among the Flames explores more of Aia and Cole's world and a lot of interesting new characters are introduced.
With Cole at her side Aia faces challenges and tough choices in her fight against Bender discrimination and the Church.
Among the Flames was a compelling read. I liked it as much as From the Ashes.

Thank you to Shelby K. Morrison for giving me an ARC to review.
Ronnie
Agnieška a.k.a. Gut
May 19, 2017
Alan
May 19, 2017
Shelby K. Morrison believes fiction should be an escape and any great escape involves a world of wonder, characters you wish you knew, and good food. She can usually be found in three places; her office, the couch or....well just those two unless an overcast day calls her out of doors. She has a particular weakness for animals, Studio Ghibli movies, traveling, and Flamin' Hot Cheetos (resulting in ...more
More about Shelby K. Morrison

Legend of the Liberator (2 books)
  • From the Ashes (Legend of the Liberator #1)