Start by marking “Mindflower” as Want to Read:
Mindflower

Mindflower

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  7 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Christopher McDaniel - just an ordinary twelve-year-old boy walking home after school. What happens next makes Cody Phillips' Mindflower a very tough read, because with tendrils snaking throughout the upper echelons of American society a dark secret perpetuates a repeated and heinous crime.
For Paula McDaniel, that day alters her life irrevocably, threatening to drag her t
Published June 30th 2015 by Austin Macauley Publishers Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Mindflower, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mindflower

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Mindflower
Caleb Golden
Jun 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Gotta say, it takes guts to write something like this in today's easily offended society populated mostly by SJW's and PC police. The beginning drags on a bit longer than it needed to, but once this story takes off, the tone quickly goes from "Lifetime Original Movie" to "Holy crap, this is dark."
The story itself starts out with an emotionally distraught woman who is dealing with the kidnapping of her 12 year old son. Some years later, an escapee from a child sex trafficking ring informs her tha
John Collins
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“Mindflower” embarks on a very important mission; a mission most authors wouldn’t touch. That said, Cody Phillips isn’t your run of the mill, every day author. Mr. Phillips shines in both character and plot development, as you will see all throughout “Mindflower.”

This gripping, page-turner of a crime novel exposes the dark, gruesome world of human trafficking through the hell-on-earth experiences of Christopher McDaniel and others.

“Mindflower” isn’t for the faint of heart. Some parts will make y
Caroline
Aug 28, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: first-read-list
I won this through Goodreads giveaways.
I have only give this one star as I had to stop reading the book at the end of chapter nine.This was only because of the content.The writing is really good and I was enjoying it up to then,even though I had an idea what was coming in the story. If the book hadn't have been so graphic and brutal I would have read it all.The plot was good up to were I had read and I wished I could have finished the book.Some people will be able to cope with the brutality etc
Rochelle
Aug 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have such a headache from reading this and I'm so dumbfounded, yet glad in some way that I read this.
As a mother, this was scary for me, scarier than any horror novel but I've never been one to shy away from something just because it's messy so I read every word.
I'll be posting my full review soon.
Elena
Aug 25, 2015 rated it liked it
This story would really connect to a parent more than anyone else. When her son disappears, his mother goes through so many stages and the reader is wondering how she will cope. Really good imagery that pulls at the heartstrings. Personally, I had a hard time connected because I can't imagine what it is like to lose a child.
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Rachel Hall
Mariah
Dorothy Schauer
Aug 17, 2015
Cody Phillips is the author of the explosive new horror mystery The Shepherd of Ruin & and the controversial crime thriller Mindflower. He describes his writing style as "blunt, non-apologetic, and fiercely independent." He lives in Chattanooga, TN. ...more