Start by marking “Where Are the Lions? - Tales from the New Jerusalem” as Want to Read:
Where Are the Lions? - Tales from the New Jerusalem

Read Book

Where Are the Lions? - Tales from the New Jerusalem

Jesus has returned, Judgment Day is over, God has created a new heaven and a new earth where people will live forever in the New Jerusalem.

What is that life like? Is it a world of disembodied spirits sitting around playing harps and singing hymns of praise to God? A somewhat boring world?

Fortunately, God has promised us much more: Our bodies shall be resurrected, and our n
Published June 4th 2015

Be the first to ask a question about Where Are the Lions? - Tales from the New Jerusalem

Start your review of Where Are the Lions? - Tales from the New Jerusalem
Marie
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, religion
Honestly - and as a Christian I'm kind of ashamed to admit this - this is the first depiction of heaven that's really been attractive to me. The book describes how we often think of heaven as being filled with "lethargic bliss:" Everyone sitting around, singing hymns and being happy. It seems so ... boring.

But this picture of an active heaven ... this is a place I want to go! Honestly, my first thought was, "You mean I could still be a librarian in heaven - but do it 100% for the joy of it, in
Maria Elmvang
I absolutely loved this book! It's an interesting account of what Heaven may be like, and broached some topics that I haven't otherwise thought about - how will we live? Will we work? Will we marry? Will we have kids? What does "eternity" mean for missing people or making plans?

Really fascinating story, that only served to make me homesick :)
Katharine
Aug 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015, christian
As a novel it's a little simplistic, the writing is competent but not great. However, the ideas it contains are really beautiful and it's worth reading for the picture painted of a full and fulfilling life after the resurrection.
Trine
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, christian, e-book, own
A very believable account of what life in heaven might be. If you don't want to sit on a cloud with a harp for all eternity but want a heaven where every day is better than the ones before, read this beautiful story about the New Jerusalem.
Sander
Jul 10, 2015 rated it liked it
I enjoyed reading this book. Although I think one should be careful about visualizing something we cannot comprehend yet I liked the continuous focus on God's love for His creation throughout the story, and after all, that's what is most important.
Mette