Start by marking “Bindarra Creek Makeover (Bindarra Creek Romance #1)” as Want to Read:
Bindarra Creek Makeover (Bindarra Creek Romance #1)

Bindarra Creek Makeover

(A Bindarra Creek Romance #1)

Tessa Gibson reluctantly embarks on an elaborate plan to fund her escape from a dangerous collision with her past.
With the help of an isolated country town and the government grant meant to rebuild it, she’ll secure new identities for her and her sickly daughter. Desperate to escape the nightmare stalking them, it never enters her head she’ll fall in love – not only with
Published July 15th 2015 (first published July 14th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Bindarra Creek Makeover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bindarra Creek Makeover

Start your review of Bindarra Creek Makeover (Bindarra Creek Romance #1)
Brenda
Tessa Gibson, her eight year old daughter Kaylee and their great friend Maki were on the move once again. While Tessa worked an involved plan to get a new government initiative to approve funding to Bindarra Creek, Maki and Kaylee were in Sydney, waiting for her to return home. But when it looked like Kaylee was in danger, Maki brought her to Bindarra Creek and hopefully to safety. Tessa had always put her daughter first and now their savings were low – Tessa needed money and quickly; her plan w ...more
Susanne
Jul 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The con artist, the cop, and a community looking for salvation. Loved this first in a new romance series and the delightful range of characters living in Bindarra Creek.
Lesley
Sep 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
This was a great read, easy to get in to but enough of a plot to keep me reading into the night .This book will appeal to a wide age group as the author has included a number of modern day issues which plague our society but thankfully the main character Tessa is steered onto a path which stops her committing fraud in the small Australian town , as she initially intended .
There are some interesting characters portrayed in the book and I loved the staunch CWA women , just what every rural town n
Stacey Wright
Jan 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rural-romance
I'm so glad I found this series. Bindarra Creek Romances will be on my reading list in the future.
I've read a few of S.E Gilchrist's novels and loved them all. She is such a talented author.
Bindarra Creek Makeover explores the relationship between Tess Gibson and Dylan (Dodge) Myers. Tess comes to Bindarra Creek with an agenda, but that soon gets thrown out the window as her relationship with Dodge grows. Dodge is not looking for romance, but with the matching making efforts of his Gran he soon
Dedrie Lyons
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a great start to this small town Bindarra Creek with characters that are easy to relate to from the hero and heroine to the many secondary characters. If the rest of the series continue in this vain there will be many hours of exciting reading as we see Bindarra grow.
Tess and Dodge's story is a great lead into this series. We meet some of the people that are the back bone of the community. The story is well written, the characters believable and interesting and plot is so different to any t
Lilliy Rogers
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a great way to start a series of a small Australian country town. All the characters in this novel brought something special to the story. If this is the beginning of the series I can't want to read the next book.
Tess and Dodge's story is a great way to start this series. Tess has to learn to trust her heart and Dodge is just the man to teach her.
I've read a couple of S.E Gilchrist's novels and this one hasn't let me down. I look forward to seeing what S.E dishes up next.
Noelle Clark
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love finds us in the most unexpected places! In ‘A Bindarra Creek Makeover’, love is the last thing on the mind of the two main characters, yet as insidious as a lava flow, they are swallowed up by love.
Mystery, angst, delightful characters, and a very worthy book to kick off the Bindarra Creek Romance series.
Loved it.
Catherine
Mar 30, 2018 rated it liked it
It got off to a slow start and I wasn't keen to continue at first. But then the story really got going and I was gripped. I was reluctant to put it down, but was forced to. I enjoyed the romance in particular, although the drama as well contributed to it being a good story. I would recommend it. This is my honest review, having been given a copy of the book bus Voracious Readers Only.
Alicia
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
An easy read with a decent plot, my only issue being that the plot moved so quickly, I felt like Tessa had only just arrived and in just a matter of days she was in love and spilling dark secrets left right and centre. I feel that spacing the story over a slightly longer time frame would help create a more realistic/believable story.
Nikki
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bindarra Creek Makeover by SE Gilchrist is a 4.5 star read.
This is book 1 in a 13 book one book a month by 13 different authors and I really enjoyed this book, I’m looking forward to seeing what the other authors have written about Bindarra Creek.
I voluntarily reviewed a gifted copy of this book.
Erin Gossman
Feb 09, 2020 rated it liked it
I struggled getting into the book. But I liked the overall story and enjoyed the last half. Matilda may be my favorite character. Her and Kaylee.
I received a complimentary copy of the book from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Faith Perryman
Jul 16, 2016
ann bates
Nov 21, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• A Twist of Fate (Bindarra Creek A Town Reborn #7)
  • Born In The Outback
  • Date with Destiny (Bindarra Creek Short & Sweet)
  • Promise Me Forever (Bindarra Creek A Town Reborn Book 8)
  • With Every Breath (Bindarra Creek A Town Reborn #5)
  • Charlie's Will (Barrington Book 1)
  • Willows Bend
  • The Life She Wants (Granite Springs #3)
  • Stealing her Heart (Bindarra Creek A Town Reborn #6)
  • Ruby's Outback Love (Outback Australia #2)
  • Love's Sweet Challenge (Bindarra Creek Short & Sweet Romance)
  • Pepper Creek
  • Outback Heat
  • Runaway Cowboy (Lazy L Ranch)
  • Home at Sundown: An Australian Outback Romance
  • Evie (Pentecost Island Book 5)
  • The English Oak (Tullagulla Book 2)
  • Andrew's Outback Love (Outback Australia #1)
I'm a mother, a sister, a friend, a writer, a bean counter & paper pusher. I love writing & reading in my spare time. Animal welfare, the environment, bushwalking & kayaking are my other passions.
Latest releases are: Cotton Field Dreams, and writing as Suzanne Gilchrist, Take Me Home

A Bindarra Creek Romance (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Shadows of the Heart (A Bindarra Creek Romance #2)
  • Second Chance Love (A Bindarra Creek Romance #3)
  • The CEO Mechanic (A Bindarra Creek Romance #4)
  • Reach For The Stars (A Bindarra Creek Romance #5)
  • Home to Bindarra Creek (Bindarra Creek Romance #6)
  • Stolen Sanctuary (A Bindarra Creek Romance #7; Oxley College #2.5)
  • Tempting Fate (A Bindarra Creek Romance #8)
  • One More Day (A Bindarra Creek Romance #9)
  • The Vine (A Bindarra Creek Romance #10)
  • The Ghost of His Past (A Bindarra Creek Romance #11)