Start by marking “The Lost Girl: A Fear Street Novel (Fear Street Relaunch, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Lost Girl: A Fear Street Novel (Fear Street Relaunch, #3)

The Lost Girl: A Fear Street Novel

(Fear Street Relaunch #3)

Generations of children and teens have grown up on R.L. Stine's bestselling and hugely popular horror series, Fear Street and Goosebumps. Now, the Fear Street series is back with a chilling new installment, packed with pure nightmare fodder that will scare Stine's avid fan base of teen readers and adults. New student Lizzy Palmer is the talk of Shadyside High. Michael and ...more
Published September 29th 2015 by St. Martin's Griffin

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
www.melissa413readsalot.blogspot.com

I used to read R.L. Stine's Fear Street books when I was younger and just loved them. It's nice to read a new one many years later.

At first a lot of the things going on in the book was getting on my nerves. The way some of the characters acted, but it turned out awesome when I found out the whole story! I don't want to give out any spoilers so lets see if I can put this together in a way that makes sense :) Mild spoilers then.

The book goes back and forth in t
Tez
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Only memorable thing: A person is covered in honey, oats thrown onto them, then pent-up starved houses are let out to EAT THE PERSON TO DEATH. No rescue from that, either.

EDIT (2nd March): Ugh, that should read "horses" - not "houses" ;-) Sorry about that.
Sara
Okay I don't get R.L. Stine. I never have. I grew up on Fear Street and despite none of these books ever making a lick of sense (how hundreds upon hundreds of adults and teens could be murdered in various supernatural ways over the years with literally NO ONE thinking something weird is going on could simply never be explained to my satisfaction) I admit to a grudging fascination and respect for the guy. I mean c'mon its cool to write horror for teens and in the case of the Goosebumps series kid ...more
Rosie
Aug 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childhood, netgalley
This was a spooky read! The story switches back and forth between the 1950s and the present day. R L Stine slowly reveals the mystery and horror connecting the two time periods. It worked really well. Being an adult reader, I had a vague idea where the story was going, though this didn't stop it from being quite creepy or put me off from finishing it.

I grew up reading R L Stine in primary school. My all time favourite was 'Say Cheese and Die' from the Goosebumps series (I actually re-read it qu
Heather A
I received a copy from Netgalley.

actual rating 1.5 stars.

I think it was 90s nostalgia that made me request this title. RL Stine is a very familiar name to me, even though I never read any of the original Fear Street books or even any of the old Goosebumps titles. I did often like RL Stine's Point Horror titles which I read over and over as a teen. So I thought I'd give this one a try.

I don't quite know what to say on it. It had its moments. It wasn't scary in the slightest, at least not to me.
Connie
Source: I received a copy of this book via Netgalley from the publisher, thanks to St. Martin's Griffin.
Cost: Free

Title: The Lost Girl
Series: Fear Street Relaunch #3
Author: RL Stine
Overall Rating: 5 stars

As a massive RL Stine fan, you cannot imagine my excitement when I got that email from Netgalley telling me that my request had been accepted. And a chance to review one of the new Fear Street books? Sign me right up!

The beginning of this book begins ominously...A girl named Beth discu
Katherine
What self-respecting bookworm of the 90s could have avoided the spine-tingling thrill of an R. L. Stine book? Raised on a bloody diet of Goosebumps and Fear Street books, I was hooked on them. In Fear Street, older teens dealt with scarier beasties while navigating the emotional trauma of puberty and teen angst. What could go wrong?

R. L. Stine's newest Fear Street book, The Lost Girl, packs more gore and drama into its slim 272 pages than George R. R. Martin brings to a wedding, and it had my ma
Samantha
Aug 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-books
Growing up, summer wasn't complete without a trip to the beach and a handful of Fear Street novels. I can't even express the wave of nostalgia that came over me was I started in on this ARC- it felt like being in middle school all over again. "The Lost Girl" was just like the R.L. Stine Fear Street novels of my pre-teen-hood, creepy, gruesome and fast-plotted.* While by no means realistic, these books hit the sweet spot of being entertaining but still with some substance. I'm so glad that this a ...more
Carol -  Reading Writing and Riesling
My View:
I have never read an R L Stine book before but as my children read many when they were teenagers I thought I would give this a shot and see what sort of energy and vibe this author exudes. I was firstly surprised by the level of horror/violence expressed in this book – (no spoilers) but the horse/oats/honey scene at the beginning is mind boggling and some of the later incidents are almost as horrific – I must admit I was surprised by the level of violence - this was not quite what I was
Abbie
Aug 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror, ebooks
Oh my gosh a new RL Stine book? I love it!!!

Full review to come.
Giselle
I received a digital copy of this book from the publisher (St. Martin's Press) via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Fear Street Relaunch is back!!!

A wave of nostalgia sweeps over me, every time I see R.L Stine's name in bookstores. Reading it years later, I realized I must acquire an extreme case of Pavlovian conditioning on R.L Stine's books. Seeing a neutral stimulus like a book with similar cover and font style like Stine's already elicits conditioned responses like "goosebumps" and
Alexander Petkovski
The story takes place on two time periods. We start in 1950 and the main character here is Beth. Beth has supernatural abilities which she uses in a very difficult situation. After terrible things happen to her and her family, the story abruptly shifts to present day where we meet our main character Michael. He’s in his senior year and he loves to drive snow mobiles (his father sells that sort of equipment). One day, a mysterious girl appears at his school. She appears everywhere he goes. Then, ...more
Vesper Vesper
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

As a kid, I used to do my best to avoid watching Goosebumps on television. Hell, I even feared watching Are you Afraid of the Dark? because I was not a fan of horror. However, even though I did my best to avoid Goosebumps, I always found myself watching it. I'm not a huge R.L. Stine follower, but as soon as I saw this on NetGalley, I just had to pick it up and see what he's been doing for his fans that, like me, grew up with him in their lives.

Now at twenty-four, I've grown a liking to the ho
Shanice Singh
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, wishlist
This is R.L Stine's scariest work yet (which I would know since I've been an avid fan of his for the past twelve years). This book tells a story in two different timelines but the reader is held up wondering until the end of the book. This book was terrifying, it was intriguing, it was gripping and it held me in suspense till the last page. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys horror or R. L Stine's works.
Oh and one last thing- I've prided myself on finding the ending of every single Stine
Aly
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love, Love, Love this author! This book was just as good as his Fear Street series for me that I grew up reading. I remember begging my mom to buy me R.L. Stine books all the time when I was younger and these books never disappoint me. I guess I will never out grow R.L. Stine and the Fear Street! I am so glad he has started writing this series again for kids to enjoy in a another generation! This book was so great I would reread it and buy it for my niece. * I received this book from NetGalley i ...more
Anthea
I received this eARC from the publishers via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. And honest I will be.

This book will be published September 29th 2015

I liked it. I didn't love it. I wasn't scared by it, I wasn't intrigued by the storyline and to be honest, I much preferred the backstory/1950's part of the book than the present day story. I had a few issues with the characters and the plot alike.

Full review on my blog;
Mom2triplets04
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-donated
This is the 3rd book in the series. It reads like a stand alone book though I’m reading them in order. I started reading for spook Halloween book. This book does have some graphic violent scenes. The story takes place in different time periods with a 70 year time span! Did not see the plot twist at the end! Great read for October.
Eureca Laurice
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hey-ya
I seek the lost girl for a promise of horror. Yet the promised was not fulfilled well. I wanted to feel the shits I felt every time I read a good horror/suspense book. I'm missing it somehow, those times that I needed someone who is awake before I go to sleep because duh, I'm quiet scared looking at my foot and bedside.

The story was disappointing; I already knew what happened when Michael encountered Lizzy and her weird business. The story could be easily comprehended and I was right.

The promise
April
Aug 07, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Many thanks to St. Martin's Press/St. Martin's Griffin, via NetGalley, for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review!

Okay, I'll be honest. I DNF'd this -- not because the story wasn't interesting, not because the writing was terrible, but because I don't do horror.

I wasn't really sure what to rate this, because my personal feelings about horror definitely impact my rating. My inclination was to give 1/5 stars due to my discomfort while reading parts of this book, but at the same time,
Amanda
Sep 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to the publisher for the advance copy of The Lost Girl. I grew up on the writing of R.L. Stine and felt eager to revisit my old stomping grounds, the terrifying Fear Street woods.

This new installation of the series lives up to my memories with a swiftly flowing storyline, shocking and macabre plot twists, and believable teenage characters. Pick it up late at night and hold on tight.

Our story opens in the 1950s. Teenager Beth Palmieri watches as a family feud and business rivalry ends in
Jessica Adkins-Charles {Bottles & Books Reviews}
As a kid growing up, I loved R.L. Stine's books and the television shows and movies based on those books. The Goosebumps series is the first series I fell in love with as a kid and picking up this book reminded me just how much I loved the Goosebumps and Fear Street novels. I enjoyed this new story by Stine immensely. From the very first page, I was drawn into the story with it's intriguing and eerie plot and the spooks The Lost Girl gave me. Even now as an adult, Stine can make my hair raise an ...more
Ashley
Aug 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, ebook, netgalley, ya, nostalgia
Thanks to NetGalley for providing an advanced copy of this book for me to indulge in some major nostalgia!

I did not even realize that R.L. Stine had started writing Fear Street books again, but I am thrilled to hear it! Those books were my life when I was a kid. I still have piles of them in a special place on my bookshelf.

The Lost Girl was a quick read. The twist was predictable, and the final action seemed to be too fast right there at the end of the novel. Those are pretty much the negatives
Natasha
Jan 23, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: incomplete
The Lost Girl needs to get lost and stay lost. It was fine until page 47, but nearly every page after that was terrible. The chapters from 1950 are the only ones worth bothering with, the 2015 stuff was nothing more than played out drivel from some of R.L. Stine's worst books, and it started to lack all sense heading towards the end.

R.L. Stine books with a male main character usually end up being garbage, and this one follows down the same lousy trail that so many of his older books have. It def
Boundless Book Reviews
When I was a child, I grew up on the Fear Street Novels. I seriously had every book and my best days were going to the small bookstore in our mall. Just to check if there was a new one, that I didn't know about.

When I saw this on NetGalley, I jumped on the chance. It was like I was a kid again.

R.L. Stines books are just as eerie as I remember. The haunting feeling that something just isn't right. Beth is a young girl, who figured out she has a type of power and uses it once, but this time. She
Jennifer Blair
Granted, as a 31-year-old grown-ass woman, I'm not exactly the target audience for this book. But I was a fiend for Fear Street books when I was little, so I thought I'd give this new one a shot.

Man, I'm questioning 10-year-old me's taste. This book was just...simple. Simple writing. Simple characters. Simple storyline. And I know now - after reading tons of fantastic YA - that just because something is written for a young person doesn't mean it has to be simple.

A good YA writer doesn't condes
Emma
Aug 13, 2015 rated it liked it
I picked this book because of the cover without reading the synopsis. Had I read the synopsis I might not have requested this.

This book flicks between 1950 and the present day.

1950: The Palmieri family open up a rival stables to the Dooley's which ends in murder and tragedy. The murder was was gruesome and made my toes curl. We then reach the present day where an accident leads to revenge.

The book slowly pieces together the link between the past and the present which works really well as I spen
Ionia
Aug 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For being a reboot of an old series, I was impressed that the author didn't seem to lose any steam in between. This book has all of the characteristics that made the series popular the first time. The characters are interesting, the plot thickens as the book progresses and the horror aspects are truly horrifying.

I liked all of the obviously fifties-themed things that the author used to make the atmosphere seem more believable. This was a good choice to start a new wave of this series.

Both long
Richelle Robinson
Aug 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I felt like a kid all over again while I was reading this book! I pretty much figured out where the storyline was heading halfway through the book but I still enjoyed the story anyway. Fans of R.L. Stine will love his new book and not be disappointed. Thanks Stine for transporting me back to my childhood!
Kris - My Novelesque Life
RATING: 2 STARS
(Review Not on Blog)

I loved this series as a preteen but I am having a hard time liking the new relaunch of Fear Street. I am not sure if it's the writing, or me no longer being young, lol. I will try one more, and then I am giving up on the series. I am going to try one of the original books to see if I still like them.

***I received an eARC from NETGALLEY***

• Pretty Wicked (Pretty Wicked, #1)
  • The Hanging Tree
  • The Life Group
  • Hearts to Follow Series
  • Sanctuary Bay
  • Midway (The Harvesting, #1.5)
  • A Playdate With Death (A Mommy-Track Mystery #3)
  • Burn Girl
  • The Unwanted Earl (The Love Birds, #2)
  • Throwaway Girl
  • Meditation Now: A Beginner's Guide: 10-Minute Meditations to Restore Calm and Joy Anytime, Anywhere
  • Sweet Magic Song (For Love of Fae, #1)
  • Grace, Under Pressure: A Girl with Asperger's and Her Marathon Mom
  • Stop The Diet, I Want To Get Off!
  • Taking the Ice (Ice #3)
  • The One You Feed (Shadow Tales #1)
  • Yoga for Beginners: Simple Yoga Poses to Calm Your Mind and Strengthen Your Body
  • The Wild Swans

R. L. Stine b

Fear Street Relaunch (6 books)
  • Party Games (Fear Street Relaunch, #1)
  • Don't Stay Up Late (Fear Street Relaunch, #2)
  • Can You Keep a Secret? (Fear Street Relaunch, #4)
  • The Dead Boyfriend (Fear Street Relaunch, #5)
  • Give Me a K-I-L-L (Fear Street Relaunch, #6)