Start by marking “Christa's Luck: The story of a girl, her horse, and the last wild mustangs” as Want to Read:
Christa's Luck: The story of a girl, her horse, and the last wild mustangs

Christa's Luck: The story of a girl, her horse, and the last wild mustangs

Inspired by a real horse rescue, Christas Luck is a teen fiction novel about Christas love for an endangered herd of wild horses and how her special connection with them inspires her to look beyond her own unforgivable mistakes and try again. She rises up to become a horse advocate at fourteen, whose passion and heart move an entire town to take action.
In the vein of The
Published June 15th 2015 by Jennifer and Michael Grais/ Graisland Productions

To ask other readers questions about Christa's Luck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christa's Luck

Start your review of Christa's Luck: The story of a girl, her horse, and the last wild mustangs
Patty
Aug 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Every now and again I pick up a YA book (this is my second one in six weeks so there must be something in the air!) Christas Luck appealed to me cause I have always loved horse. I used to ride when I was a teenager and given more land and lots more money Id have a horse now well, after the llama and the pig. Ive seen the wild horses at Chincoteague in Virginia but wasnt lucky enough to see the mustangs of the west. I know the roundups have been controversial. I live in a ranching state and its ...more
Cheryl
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It is said that every girl loves horses, rainbows and unicorns; that's very true even for this former tom-boy! I worked with horses years ago and still love them today~I always hoped to be a cowgirl when I grew up. I loved reading books as a child and read all the horse books I could find Black Beauty, the Chincoteague books any horse book I could find. I also studied them in high school and have always loved them.

Christa's Luck is no exception! From the first chapter I was drawn into Christa's
Aug 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Decades ago, in my elementary school years, I read Misty of Chincoteague. I may not remember the story line exactly but the feeling of that book has stayed with me.
Christa's Luck is another book that is exciting to read, should be shared with children, younger siblings, and will be remembered for decades. The writing is excellent and captures the tone of a teenager perfectly.

While the main subject is protecting the wild mustangs in Nevada from being rounded up, their lifestyle and freedom taken
Joy
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing. I received a free copy to review for my blog and I LOVED IT! Here's the review I posted on my blog ... https://eviljoyspeaks.wordpress.com/2...

I try very hard to read everything my kids read before they do. I like to know the subject matter and I always worry about the age appropriateness of the the materials they have in hand. Typically I read a book a week that is one of theirs and a book a week that for me.

I was thrilled to read Christas Luck because while it is a
Heather McDonald
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Every once in a while, I am reminded of why I love reading. Reading is something that can connect you to anything as long as you allow your imagination the freedom it needs. What I loved about Christa's Luck is the connection it gave me to my past, bringing back fond memories. The book reminded me of the love I have for horses and the horseback riding I did as a child. It made me want to get back out and become involved with horses once again.

Christa's Luck is a story about a teen girl, her
Jenn
Sep 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review originally posted at Lost in a Great Boo.

I was never one of those horse-loving girls growing up. I was actually a little scared of them, truth be told, but I had great admiration for all my friends who rode regularly and who were as comfortable around horse stables as they were anywhere else. I mention that because Christas Luck is a story for everyone animal lovers, nature enthusiasts and eco-warriors especially that is full of heart and emotion via a young girls coming of age.

The
Kathryn Svendsen
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Christa loves horses, and the thought of the last few herds of wild mustangs in Nevada being rounded up and being taken into captivity breaks her heart. Christa is a typical teenager, at that awkward age, not quite adult, not quite child uncomfortable with herself and at odds with her family. She tries, but she makes mistakes. In a terrible turn of events her best friend Lucky dies and Christa cant forgive herself because she knows its her fault. Knowing that Lucky would want her to continue to ...more
Chrystal
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
The main reason I said yes to reviewing this book is that I have a young niece who is into horses and riding. I thought this book would bring me into her world and help me understand her love for horses. And I think it did just that. I'll be passing along my copy of the book to her - I hope she'll enjoy it as much as I did.

Christa's Luck is about a young girl who adores riding and enjoys watching the wild mustangs run free on the Nevada ranges. She loves seeing them running and their manes
Ailyn
Sep 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book for an honest review. I am ashamed to say that the only time I saw a real life horse was in Ballarat's Sovereign Hill, home of the ancient gold mines. But it didn't stop me from reading Christa's Luck, and learning about wild Mustangs.

You do not need to be a horse lover to read this, because after this book, you would love these wild things as much as Christa does. For a young adult book, there is not much violent action here, although you would still be exposed to some
Gmr
Aug 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The amount of emotion that comes through the writing, the good and bad times, the dangers and celebrations, the friendships and bonds for life formed; all of it comes alive, right off the page. Christa is a passionate young lady, yet real. She's a "pony girl" through and through, but she's human and makes mistakes. Those mistakes might have tilted her fate and the fate of one she loved in the wrong direction (still not completely convinced it was her fault alone) but despite the heart shattering ...more
Velvet Rider
Aug 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horse-fiction
Books about horses are a staple in any equestrians home so I always get very excited when I am introduced to a new one. I also really enjoy when the story is not in your typical setting and is filled with heart. Enter Christas Luck by Jennifer and Michael Grais. This story is based on a real life event that is sure to capture your heart and have you rooting for Christa and the wild horses.

This book follows 13 year old cowgirl Christa Cassidy who lives on a ranch in Nevada and works to save a
Kelly Harland
Dec 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Clear your calendar and read this book!

This was an amazingly good book. I got absolutely caught up in the world and could not put it down. As my one year old napped, I should have been cleaning and doing other things and instead I spent the two hours with Christa on her gripping adventure. All the characters are so well realized and the world is fully developed and draws you in to the exciting climax. Even when I wasn't reading the book, I felt lost in the world and still felt it lingering even
Ava Spinale
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-7-english
I would recommend this book because it has a very exciting plot and interesting characters. In addition the author includes a lot of detail and dialogue.The main character (Christa) is very shy, studious, and loves horses. For example she always gets straight As and loves her horse, Lucky, more than anything. Through out the book Christa changes from a shy girl, into a girl who is not afraid to stand up for her self and what she believes in.
Ginny Tata-Phillips
Very good YA novel. See a full review on my blog Monday, August 10!!! www.gspotsylvania.wordpress.com
Leah Lester
Jul 28, 2015
McKenna Finley
Jun 06, 2016
Hellen
Amazing book . I absolutely loved it . This is one book I couldn't put down . It is a book that will have you turning pages and leave you wanting more . It has now became one of my favorites . I would recommend it to any one who loves horses for sure.
Becca