Start by marking “What's That, Mittens?” as Want to Read:
What's That, Mittens?

What's That, Mittens? (My First I Can Read)

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  119 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews

Published April 22nd 2008 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about What's That, Mittens?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What's That, Mittens?

Angie
Dec 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Synopsis: "A big yard can be a lonely place for a little kitten. So when Mittens hears a scratching noise behind the fence, he has to see what is on the other side. It may just be a new friend to play with!

The playful kitten's tale is sure to appeal to beginning readers who like to explore new things and make new friends, just like Mittens!"

My Review: This is a great beginning reader book. It has simple words and sentences but it is still part of a story. Of course Munchkin was very excited that
Allison Linsey
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
What's That, Mittens?

I love animals, especially cats so these books with cats will always be one of my favorites. This is about Mittens who is just exploring her normal
Sarah W
Mittens has no one to play with so when he hears a bark, he goes to investigate by digging a whole beneath the fence separating his yard from the next. This very beginning reader may appeal to Biscuit readers who like cats. The story and words are simple, with animal sounds and some repetition throughout. Excitement is added through actions and exclamation points. This would be book to use in helping students read with fluency and expression. There are several other books with Mittens that shoul ...more
babyhippoface
Mittens the cat explores his yard, digs under the fence, and finds a new friend in this beginning reader. Watercolors of the playful tabby provide plenty of context clues to aid comprehension. This new title holds plenty of appeal for the Kindergarten-1st grade set just beginning to read with independence.
Glynis Wray
Sep 12, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
2011 Garden State Nominee
Hannah Sheffield
I think this book would be a great book to read about friendship. The book shows children that friends can come in all shapes and sizes.
Sharlet Mullen
Cute story about a cat and dog becoming friends. They find away to find each other. With the gentle underlying message that new friends come in all sizes.
Kay Heilman
This is my first grade collection. The children enjoy reading familiar text.
Cat
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was as sweet as all the Mittens books! I love this series and have recommended it on many occasions to new readers. Wonderful story, great illustrations!
Heidi
Sep 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My oldest LOVES this series, and he lights up when we read them. The stories entertain and are easy enough for him to read on his own AND make sound effects!
Mellanie C
Jun 20, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Jennifer Evers
Oct 22, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: uwm-645
Susan Kathleen Hartung- illustrated

definitely a beginning reader.
Rebeca
Aug 29, 2016
Alicia
Aug 23, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »

My First I Can Read (1 - 10 of 101 books)
  • Pete the Cat: Too Cool for School
  • Little Critter: Just a Teacher's Pet
  • Pete the Cat's Train Trip
  • Biscuit Goes Camping (My First I Can Read!)
  • Pete the Cat: Three Groovy Books Collection: Pete's Big Lunch, Pete at the Beach, A Pet for Pete (My First I Can Read)
  • Digger the Dinosaur 4-Book Collection: Digger the Dinosaur, The Cake Mistake, The Play Day, The Wrong Song (My First I Can Read)
  • Pete the Cat and the Bad Banana
  • Huff and Puff Have Too Much Stuff!
  • Pete the Cat's Super Cool Reading Collection (My First I Can Read)
  • Pete the Cat: A Pet for Pete (My First I Can Read)