Start by marking “Fire & Ice” as Want to Read:
Fire & Ice

Fire & Ice

(Guns & Hoses Universe)

Lukas Wolf has no desire to have a partner. He doesn't need any help, especially from some young graduate with no field experience, to catch a serial arsonist who is escalating in the county.

Austin Kinsley moved to Tampa Bay to reconnect with his cousin, Thomas Flame, and to apply for an arson investigator position with the county. Of course, getting his dream job is the e
Published June 2nd 2015 by Brenda Cothern Books, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Fire & Ice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fire & Ice

Duck
This didn't work for me. I'll admit that BDSM is not one of my favorite genres, but the BDSM aspects don't affect the 2 star rating.

The story is told from Austin's pov. He's a hotshot, fresh out of grad school fire investigator and he's also Flame's cousin. Austin decides he wants to work in Florida where Tom is to be near family. Austin is heavily into the bdsm lifestyle. He's an experienced masochist up to and including blood play, breath play, and CBT.

Lucas Wolf is the veteran fire investig
Caroline Brand
Jun 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

I have become a huge fan of Brenda Cothern’s writing and the latest book in the Guns and Hoses universe hit the spot.

Lukas Wolf is an alpha male in all areas of his life and doesn’t see why anything about him should change. He has been an arson investigator for 10 years, he lives and breathes his job, and he doesn’t need or want a partner as he works alone just fine. The fact that he is getting a partner pushed onto him is making him grumpy and a little stressed a
♣️ Lynda ♣️
Jun 22, 2015 rated it did not like it
DNF @ 51%

I so loved the first book and was quite excited when I saw we were getting another look at the Guns & Hoses crew.

My excitement is over.

Austin came across as a smug little jerk to me. His "I know a secret" smirks completely got on my nerves. I kept reading how they both thought the other was HOT but I felt no chemistry.

At least I still have flag football frottage to remember fondly.
Angela Goodrich
Cothern is one of THOSE authors. We all have them. The authors whose books we cannot get enough of. The authors who when I’m asked if I want to review their latest book I don’t even bother to ask what it’s about or when it’s due (because I will give up sleep to read it). The authors whose writing pulls you so fully into the story that you’re perturbed when you have to return to your dull and boring life (at least compared to their characters’ it is). You know, THOSE authors. The latest novel fro ...more
Leda
Jun 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was thrilled when I heard Brenda was doing another Guns & Hoses book. Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy this one as much. Not because of the plot. I was totally into it and loved it but felt like I didn't get it all.
It was like there was a huge chunk of the book missing. All of a sudden it's 4 months later and they're in a monogamous relationship and in love! It left me unsatisfied not seeing that build-up.
I also would of liked the arson case solved. (view spoiler)
Karen
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Even better than the first book in the series! I love how flirty Austin is toward Lucas while trying to get to him. The back and forth between the two of them made them coming together sizzle even hotter. Flame wasn't my favorite in this one but, I get he is just a little overprotective. Not a book Brenda Cothern has written that I have read that I haven't loved!
Norma Banzi
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: firefighter
Ich lese Brenda Cothern Bücher wirklich sehr gerne, aber was sie echt nicht kann, sind smoothe und zufriedene Happy Ends, die ihre Leserinnen mit einem "Ach, wie schön" erfreuen. Eher denke ich (fast) immer: WTF!
Love Bytes Reviews
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Heart Review by Dan

Finally another Guns & Hoses book! I was super excited to see this book and be able to carry on the story in the first book of the series. This time the story turns to Austin Kinsley, the cousin of Thomas Flame from the first book.

Austin has recently received his Master’s Degree with highest honors and is looking for a job. He has been offered positions with the FBI, Homeland Security and other government agencies, but he isn’t interested in working for the federal gov
Dani Elle Maas
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
really liked this series, glad my friend pointed me to it!
Kristina
Sequel to guns and hoses.

Lukáš is the best friend who didn't know his work partner was gay until it was too late. He spent years pining away for him only to discover that his heart was taken by another. That was all pay if the guns and hoses book.

This sequel is about him and a new partner who just happens to be the cousin of his one true unrequited love.

I liked this book just not as much as the first book. The storyline that ran along side of the enemies to lovers build up was more intriguing f
Lisa  Foulke
Aug 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: firefighter, lgbt, romance
In this author's head, you have to hate a man a lot before you decide you want him sexually and eventually fall in love with him.

Book includes several BDSM scenes, and one character identifies as a masochist and the other as a sadist. There was a lot of emphasis on that.

Flame, who I kind of liked in Guns & Hoses, was a real asshole — an out-of-character asshole.

Very lukewarm about this book.
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was ok
Oh my. This didn't work for me. I didn't like Austin at all and while I liked Lukas, I couldn't believe he didn't realize who his pain slut was. He's a trained investigator whose job is to spot details. It just didn't fly. What really bothered me was the end. Without spoilers, it was way too rushed and ended too abruptly.

And the Flame in this book was not the same Flame that was in book 1. Oh, and the book ended at 93%. Nope.

On to book 3.
John-Torleif  Harris
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good, but the ending felt rushed

I loved Lukas and Austin, and it isn't often that you see a pure sadist/masochist match-up without it also being a D/s relationship. My only complaint is that this book was going along nicely and then it felt like it just abruptly ended. There wasn't a satisfactory resolution too any of the side conflicts that were introduced in the book.
AyoDollFace
Jun 23, 2015 rated it liked it
This was another one of those books where I was more interested in the plot and not the MCs. They just didn't do it for me. I didn't feel there was a connection between them to have such an intense relationship. Oh and I really didn't like Austin. At all..

Because I was more interested in the plot I was left hanging like a teenage girl with her first sexual incounter. No closure..
Ottilee B.
Jade
Jun 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book.....until the end....I feel like it was going along and then bam it's over. The ending was wrapped up too quickly. But other than that I liked it. I really liked Austin & Lukas.....and would have loved a little more of them.
Cecilia Rodriguez
Jun 04, 2015 rated it liked it

Lyndsey
I would have loved this story if the author had finished it. With that said, I still really enjoyed it.

Happy Reading!!! Lynz
Karen
Sep 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love this series. I can't wait until she writes more in this series. So worth the read.
Sheilad37
Jun 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Re read
Saxon Hawke
Jun 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Fantastic beginning and middle, but the wrap up was extremely sudden and rushed.
Devon
Love this author but the books in this series end very abruptly...
Linda Gaytan
May 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Loved it!!! I really liked the way after a scene, she descripted in detail the care a Dom is supposed to have with their bottom. A lot of books miss this detail... Can't to read more books.
Sinclair
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
Has fun moments, good flirting, lots of dialogue. Disappointing characters, sex scenes not fleshed out.
Zeffka
Sep 04, 2015
Bookobsessed
Aug 24, 2015
Jane Kirima
rated it did not like it
Jul 29, 2016
  • Dangerous Submission (Dangerous Affairs, #2)
  • Firestorm (Fighting Fire #1; Pulp Friction 2014 #1)
  • A Matter of Trust (Indiscreet, #1)
  • Manipulation (Diversion #4)
  • Bad Behavior  (Bad in Baltimore, #5)
  • 911
  • Hold The Line (Inked #1)
  • On Fire II: Still Burning (On Fire, #2)
  • Fitting In (Fitting In #1)
  • Afterburn (After, #1)
  • (Watch Me) Break You (Run This Town, #1)
  • Two Steps Back
  • The Fire Underneath
  • The Biker's Pup (The Biker's Pup, #1)
  • An Eye for an Eye (Santorno, #2)
  • Embracing His Syn (Nothing Special, #2)
  • Love on Fire (Firefighters on the Fox #1)
  • Just Business (Takeover, #2)
Brenda is an Amazon and ARe best-selling author and resides in Tampa, FL with her husband, six cats, a dog, a turtle named Tammy, and a rabbit named Alice. She is active in the Tampa Bay GLBT, kink, & leather communities, and the owner of Florida Leather & Fetish Pride Weekend event which includes a Mr. & Ms. title contest.
When not putting the voices in her head on paper, Brenda is at

Guns & Hoses Universe (5 books)
  • Guns & Hoses
  • Shattered Illusions (Shadows, #5)
  • Spark & Blaze (A Guns & Hoses Novel)
  • Then & Forever (A Guns & Hoses Novel)