Start by marking “Scandal: Part One” as Want to Read:
Scandal: Part One

Scandal: Part One

(Scandal #1)

The world knows his face. No one knows his secrets.

Ella Wade knew working at a website called the Daily Scandal might lead to an interesting summer job after graduating college. She did not know that one big mistake would pull her into the heart of a sleazy world of publicity where truths are worse than lies and a murderer is on the loose.

When Ella gives into
Published July 31st 2015 (first published July 23rd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Scandal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scandal

Dianne
Aug 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Heat up Your Holidays! Alison Foster is giving away THREE eCopies to help!
Intl where allowed ~ Click on Banner to Enter ~ Ends December 23, 2015

Scandals, they happen every day, we wonder and
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. This was a romantic suspense about love in modern day cream of the crop society. This story begins with Ella who is trying to establish a name for herself as a reporter, while doing grunt work for a celebrity gossip rag over the summer. She soon finds herself working on an assignment finding out the details of her famous step sister's murder. As if her world is not already crumbling, she has to work closely with her step sister's boyfriend and ...more
Brooke Hall
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ARC GIVEN FOR HONEST REVIEW

So this was my first Alison Foster book and I am hooked!

I found myself completely hooked I couldn't put it down and I loved Ella Wade and Jaxson Cole's relationship, it's fast and furious and all encompassing.

It is fast paced but not too fast that you can't follow. I can not wait for the next instalment of this series, so that I can find out how long Jaxson has been in love with Ella and who really killed Maddison.

Alison
Ena May - Swoon Worthy Books/Enticing Journey Book Promotions
Great start to a promising serial!

This is part 1 of a 3 part serial by Alison Foster. Scandal takes us on a journey of lust, desire and murder. Jaxson Cole is your sexy and charming model that takes the leading role of helping Ella Wade find out who killed her supermodel stepsister. Ella Wade, journalist at the Daily Scandal, lands herself a newsworthy gig of covering and writing about the investigation into her stepsisters mysterious murder what she doesn’t expect along her journey
Lilian Flesher
Jul 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: completed-reads
This story has a bit of everything in it, hot steamy sex, intrigue, mystery and leaves you dying to read the next instalment.

Our main character is Ella, her famous stepsister is murdered and Ella finds herself knee-deep in the investigation. Obviously she seeks answers and meets her dead stepsister's boyfriend Jax, who is definitely hot. Sparks are ignited between the pair, this is going to be an intriguing series.

Ella is no shy person, she knows what she wants, she is a
sue
Jul 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: blog-tours

3.5 stars from me

Its a very well thought out put together read, and I believe its the first book in a series. Because of this, its a short book that ends with a lot of question marks poised over the read. For sure to read the next book in the series. [Which I certainly would do]

It will take you only about an hour and a half to read, so you can tell, its more of a prequel to the next book.

Its a great start, Ella is working for the summer at a website named Daily Scandal.
Chianti Summers
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
Given an Arc for an honest review! This is a fast paced and very quick read. Scandal has mystery, murder, heat and danger that can be found anywhere within the read. It has you guessing what will happen next especially at the end. Alison Foster pulls you into a world of tabloids, modeling and the moment of realization that decisions that are made will have consequences. How hard will Ella fall for Jaxson? What damage will be done before the truth to the mystery will be revealed? Can't wait to se ...more
Melissa Mendoza
Jul 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Received a copy in exchange for an honest review

“My gaze fixates on his strong jawline and those full, sensual lips. He’s tall with robust shoulders and an impressively - built torso but, at the same time, he emits sensitivity and danger.”

4 stars. Definitely a different book and theme than I’ve read, which is a good thing. It’s a short, quick read.

First I will start off by saying this was a very hot fun read. I enjoyed reading about the "scandals" and everything else, the characters were well developed. Trust me ladies you are going to love this story.

Now, let's take a moment and look at that cover... seriously where can I go to meet these dudes on the cover of these books??? I mean these are real people right. sigh. Alas, the cover is worthy of sucking me into this story.

The plot was fun, and had just the right am
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I have never read anything by Alison Foster and I enjoyed reading this book. Its a quick read but it was very interesting and drew me in. This book was a great start to this series and I look forward to reading the rest in this series.

Ella is working at the Daily Scandal and enjoys writing and likes to be in the background. She doesn't want to be one of those types of paparazzi until she finds out that her ex step-sister was murdere
Angie Mitchell
Jul 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received and ARC for an Honest review.

The story is interesting and different I don't do spoilers. It does not have much depth if you want an emotional journey book to read, this is probably not for you, but it is an easy read, you don't have to think too much whilst reading it. It wont have you crying your eyes out, If that is your sort of book etc.

The book has been edited well and was easy to follow.
I read in one sitting took about 1.5 hours so an easy pool read on ho
Jessica
Aug 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
What an interesting start to this series. Jaxson is a little odd to me in the way he acts, but it all seems to be a part of his persona. He becomes more human and normal to me when around Ella. Jax and Ella have an interesting start to their relationship. I don't know about anyone else, but at the end of this I have my guess at who is involved it he beautiful Madison's death. The end is not only a cliff hanger, but also leaves you going what is going on right now. So many questions, so many thou ...more
Midwest Romantic
Sep 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Originally posted on my blog Live Laugh & Love Books

Amazing! This is the first book I have ever read by Alison Foster, but it won’t be my last!

This is a riveting, page-turning, hot & steamy, romantic suspense must read with twists & turns that will keep you on the edge of your seat! I very much liked the storyline and the characters were amazing! I am already anticipating reading Part 2 and 3!

Give this book a chance, I highly doubt you will regret it!

*I received a compli
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
* * * ARC given on behalf of the author for an honest review * * *

This book had it all suspense, attractions, twist and turns I felt I was in a emotional roller-coaster. Jaxson is sexy and the chemistry between him and Ella is explosive but sure wasn't planned.. Ella is working for a top celebrity tabloid magazine and while she landed a job that she hopes will help her solve her sisters murder, she never knew she would end up falling for her ex boyfriend but things aren't always as t
Stacey Johnston
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was very privileged to have received an advanced copy of Scandal and as I'm new to Alison's books was really looking forward to seeing what it was like. I have to admit it's not what I've been reading of late but it didn't fail to impress. I loved it, it was really well written and the suspense kept you hanging in to see what would happen next. Ella and Jax will intrigue you as you get drawn into their characters. It's definitely a must read and I'm really keen for the next one ☺ ...more
United Indie Book Blog
Jul 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC for an honest review.
This is part one of three parts, so you are left with some questions. I love Ella, her character is well developed and has a lovely personality. I love Ella and Jaxson's complicated and sexy relationship. It's a fast paced suspenseful, hot quick read. But wonderfully written and leaves you wanting more. I can't wait for part two!

Reviewed by Raychel
Patricia T
Jul 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have been sent this book to read & give a Honest review after reading it. I really did enjoy the Characters & twists in the
Storyline I love a good Romantic Mystery Now waiting for Part two can not wait to get started on that one
Courtney
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was given an ARC of this book for my honest review. It took me a bit to get into the book, but once I did I enjoyed the book. The dynamic between Ella and Jaxston is electric yet you can tell there is so much more than what meats the eye. I look forward to reading the next part.
Stacie Stroup
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Scandal..part one is filled with excitement,mystery and sexiness. Jax and Ella are surrounded in a murder mystery...while they have intense chemistry building between them. I loved this story and can't wait to read the second part.
Ruth Evans
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as a ARC and I really enjoyed reading it, sure it left me with alot of questions but this is a series not a stand alone so I expected to have those questions. I look forward to reading the second book in this series.
Akd

Blurb:

(view spoiler) ...more
2kasmom
Aug 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ella Wade hates her job working for a scandal rag. But a job is a job. Until her boss wants her to go hunting a couple that is hiding in Hawaii.

Next thing she knows, her boss is calling her with tragic news. Her stepsister is dead. He wants her to cover the story, since she is family and may be able to get the information before the media can.

While covering the story, she follows a local detective around. Looking into her stepsisters life, she finds there is a lot she doe
Shelly Wygant
Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
This story reads just like a article in a Scandal magazine about Hollywood. If you want to read about sex, murder, sex, lies, sex, and danger then this is a story for you. Ella wants to be a writer but is currently working for a magazine. Jaxson is a model and Ella's step sisters boyfriend. When Ella's step sister ends up dead her boss makes her cover the story because she is personally invested in it. All he!! breaks loose. What you think is true is a lie. Who you think is innocent may not be. ...more
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
Ella Wade is trying to make some money to help get her through school. She is

working for the tabloid magazine The Daily Scandal. Not her dream job by any

means, but it helps pay the bills.

When her stepsister mysteriously ends up dead, the magazine throws Ella into the

heart of the investigation.

When she meets Madison’s ex-boyfriend, Ella is shocked at the feelings he evokes in

her. Yes, he is the most gorgeous man on the planet, but Ella shouldn’t feel this way

about her
Sassy Southern
Nov 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ella is a journalist for The Daily Scandal. Her step sister who is a well known model is murdered. Some how her boss gets her a spot reporting on the investigation. She is the only reporter and she gets to be like a detective with the real detective on the case. Which seems to maybe have some type of feelings for Ella. As she is pulled into the investigation she meet the one and only Jaxson Cole. He is a super yummy sought after male model. As she becomes closer to Jax she is pulled into the lif ...more
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Oct 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Scandal is part one in a three part series. This one is a short quick read that ends in a cliffhanger. I knew there would be a cliffhanger because it's part one but I didn't expect it to but such a big cliffhanger. I immediately wanted to read part two but I thought I would write my review for part one first.

Ella works for The Daily Scandal. She's not a sleazy paparazzi. She is caring and kind hearted. Her former step sister, Madison, is a Hollywood star and is killed. Ella ends up investigatin
Mariela
Oct 25, 2015 rated it did not like it
I do not know how, but it seems that I signed up for a review for this book.
First thing that bothered me about this book was the male lead character's name , Jaxson. Why Jaxson? Why not Jackson or Jason. That bothered me so much.
So Madison, Ella's strange stepsister and "Jaxson's girlfriend" was murdered . But to me nobody took it seriously everyone was fucking joking around. Not even a little bit of respect for the deceased.
There was nothing great about Jaxson, he was boring , imma
Deb
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wowser! This is the first book I've ever read by Ms. Foster, but it won't be my last! ... I can't wait to read the 2nd installment :o ... "Scandal: part one" is a riveting, page-turning, hot & steamy, romantic suspense must read with twists & turns that will keep you on the edge of your seat! ...

Get ready for a thrilling roller-coaster ride; a ride you won't want to end and will pay to keep riding ;) ... The story-line is not the one of those latest carbon copy plots; it is totally uniq
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

“I don’t mean to be judgmental… I just hope you know nobody can stay on top forever. Life has its own gravity.”

“I live in this electric moment between us. The future and past seem so unnecessary. To linger in his eyes in the here and now. This is all I want, this tender magic.”

My Review:

I am intrigued, confused, and glad I have the whole box set already loaded on my kindle, as this cliffhanger is heinous. The story is sensual and st
Heather Chiren-Lucas
Nov 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
What a fantastic find! Super quick, super HOT and super sexy read. Jax and Ella have a complicated meeting only after discovering Ella's step-sister is murdered. Did I mention how Jax is the step-sister's boyfriend or rather how the tabloids say they were?!? Oh yeah, the story only gets better at each turn of the page!
Really great, descriptive, mouth watering writing! I'm about to purchase the rest of the series...that's how well this author writes (or maybe it's her editors). Can't wait t

• Struggle (Struggle, #1)
  • Paradise Tempted: The Beginning
  • Helios (Full-Length Standalone Dark Billionaire Biker Romance)
  • Hard to Kill (Hard Targets, #1)
  • Justified: Part 1 (Justified #1)
  • Record, Rewind
  • His Needs (Billionaire Stepbrother Alpha #1)
  • Love in the Air
  • Listen, Just Once
  • Monsters (The Bloodless, #1)
  • Trust Me Not - Part One: (The Trust Me Not Series, Book 1)
  • Secrets & Surrender: Part One (Secrets & Surrender, #1)
  • Knockout
  • Redemption (Huntsville #1)
  • Lost into Oblivion (Oblivion)
  • To the Sea (Follow Your Bliss #1)
  • One Night in Paradise (Part 1)
  • Wild (Forever Wild #6)
USA Today Bestselling author Alison Foster loves reading a good love story almost as much as she loves writing one. She spends her time dreaming up strong heroes and even stronger heroines and she enjoys finding unexpected strengths within her characters when they are in the most unexpected places.

She believes that passion makes the world go round and that a sexy grin is as sweet as ca

Scandal (3 books)
  • Scandal: Part Two
  • Scandal: Part Three
“If I dropped a feather, Hanson would hear it. I should mention that Hanson is a hypochondriac mess of a nerd who can’t stand loud music of any type? No? Well, there you have it. My life. It’s been three weeks since I officially started working as a junior editor at the Daily Scandal and I’ve already contemplated quitting more than once, but the truth is I need the money badly and the people here are all cool and supportive.” 0 likes
“So far, all I’ve done is punch up other people’s reports, making them quicker and hookier—which has proven to be my specialty. I’m a writer, plain and simple, and I never expected to be anyone’s unwanted shadow.” 0 likes