Start by marking “Without You (Sreepuram Series Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Without You (Sreepuram Series Book 1)

Without You (Sreepuram Series Book 1)

When Ananya, a bubbly twenty-year-old engineering student, reaches her Grandmother's house in Sreepuram on a month long vacation, romance is the last thing on her mind. However, she meets Dr. Arjun there and falls head over heels in love.

As it often happens, the path of true love never runs smooth. Circumstances force them apart even though they were madly in love. She be
Paperback, First, 208 pages
Published June 3rd 2015 by Write India Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Without You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Without You

Vani
Dec 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
'Without You' is a beautiful tale of love, separation and life thereafter, until love happens again. Preethi Venugopala is an amazing bunch of talent for a first time author and the way she's fleshed out the main protagonist of her book, Ananya, needs to be complimented. That Ananya will meet Arjun and fall in love with him seems rather predestined, their separation is however a choice that they make because of circumstances. The resulting chaos leaves Ananya shattered and as she grapples with t ...more
Preethi Venugopala
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Okay, So Goodreads has been asking me to rate and review my own book from the time since it has been added here.
It is my baby and hence it is my favourite book. Of course, I give it five stars. It is always amazing to complete writing a story, especially a lengthy one like a novel.

As the author of the book, I wish to talk about what made me write the book, about the inspiration behind the book.

It was a tragedy that sparked off this story in my mind. The Mangalore plane crash on May 22, 2010 cau
Simran Kaur​
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Without You by Preethi Venugopala takes you on an exciting venture of Ananya's love story. During her vacation to Sreepuram on her grandmother, Ammamma's home she meet Arjun and falls in love with him. She holds a soft corner for Arjun and leave no opportunity to make him feel special. The story takes a sweet turn when Arjun expresses his love for Ananya, unexpectedly. We believe in testing everything- friends, relations and family. Here it is no exception. On an occasion when Arjun instead of s ...more
Swathi Shenoy
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Characters:

Meet Ananya, a bubbly twenty-year-old engineering student, who loves nature, painting and reading. 'Tomboy' - that is what people call her back home. She loves spending time with her dear ones and Ammamma is her favorite person. But there is a secret that no one knows yet - a crush that she has been harboring on a person she hasn't even met!

Meet Dr. Arjun, the scion of the 'Shine' group which has branches all over the globe. But Arjun is passionate about serving people and loves his
John Hennessy
Aug 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Without You is the debut novel of Preethi Venugopala and it is an uplifting tale of romance that will stir your heart and fire your passion.

It's obvious from the early pages of this book how passionate the author is about her subjects. The main characters, Anu and Arjun are fun to watch, as their relationship develops and goes through its various ups and downs.

The author's forewarding notes, as well as the quotes that open each chapter are endearing and make you think.

As befitting an Indian aut
Vinay Leo
Sep 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review @ A Bookworm's Musing

When a story captivates me from start to finish, even when I know how it might possibly turn out, I'd say that's a good sign, and the book is a good read. So Without You is definitely a good read.

The character of Ananya, and the detailing of this character especially is impressive, but other characters and relationships have been given their due as well. The descriptions of Sreepuram are also quite beautiful and easy to imagine.

I'm a fan of serendipity, but when it b
Anmol Rawat
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Check Full Review

This is one of the finest debut I have read so far from an Indian author. Preethi's narration is simply beautiful and like a fluid, flows uninterrupted by unnecessary elements. A simple teen romance tale unfolding in the picturesque beauty of Sreepuram and Dubai, Without You touches your heart gently and stimulates the right emotions at the right time.
Adite
Jul 29, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a sweet story of a young girl's brush with love and heartbreak.
While it is not your typical "romance" as defined by the genre of books, it is a uniquely Indian version of a love story, complete with heart ache and family drama and even a bit of spiritual intervention.
Preethi does have a way of throwing in a few twists in the tale and keeping the reader engaged. Ananya as the young girl who is totally smitten by a boy who is way out of her league feels real. She is also not just a "girl
Surabhi Sharma
Apr 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star
A story of a first love.

Ananya falls in love with Dr. Arjun who is a friend of her cousin Vishal while she is on a vacation to her Grandma's house in Sreepuram. Their love was like a perfect love story. They love each other madly and wants to spend their whole life together, but, circumstances force them apart. The separation led Ananya into depression. She learned to live without him then Arjun comes back into her life.

The story is good but little stretched. The protagonist portrayed extremely
Aathira Jim
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
From the book cover: When Ananya, a bubbly twenty-year old engineering student, reaches her Grandmother's house in Sreepuram on a month long vacation, romance is the last thing on her mind. However, she meets Dr. Arjun there and falls head over heels in love.

As it often happens, the path of true love never runs smooth.. Circumstances force them apart even though they were madly in love. She becomes a victim of depression. When everything fails to return her to normalcy, help arrives from an une
Prasanna
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
It’s always a pleasure to read a book authored by a friend and a co-blogger and when the book turns out to be an interesting read then the delight increases by manifolds.
I have read the short stories penned by Preethi. Her Regency romance stories fascinate and make you pine for your own Mr. Darcy.
The story starts with a young twenty-something Ananya visiting her grandmother in Sreepuram. There she falls head over heels in love with the charismatic and handsome Arjun who works as a doctor even t
Lata
Dec 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Without You is a beautiful love story which I fully enjoyed reading. The main protagonists in this book are Ananya, a final year engineering student and Arjun, a cardiologist. A heart doctor, imagine. Ananya has come down to visit her grandmother in Sreepuram during her vacation. There, she meets her cousin Vishal's friend, Dr. Arjun. She falls head over heels in love with him. Read the complete review at http://www.kaapitimes.com/2015/10/wit...
Purba Chakraborty
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Without You is a beautiful and soulful tale of true love, separation, and union.
The love that can withstand a separation is the most powerful love in the world. I loved reading the story of Ananya and Arjun. The way they fell in love, the way they separated and united again touches the right chords.
I loved the character of Ananya more than the character of Arjun. Ananya felt extremely relatable. I also loved the character of Ammama. The scenes of Ammama and Ananya are beautifully written. It r
Dhivya Balaji
Oct 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
REVIEW:
Without you – expect some unexpected twists – especially at the end!
First Impression:
The cover design looks like a watercolour of a woman in a flowing gown. While I know the author is multi talented, I am wondering if somehow, she influenced this design. A nice muted image that conveys more than it seems to, on first sight. A healthy sized book awaited me. The summary was crisp and to the point and what impressed me was the list of characters given upfront!
Now the story:
Romances are of
Deepti
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Nostalgia fills my heart when I read about a young girl, Ananya, who goes home to her Ammamma's (grandmother) house at the scenic village of Sreepuram, "a traveller's dream", for a much needed break after her sixth semester examinations in engineering. Ammamma is Arundhati Mukundan, a award-winning poet, who had started her writing after the death of her husband. It is here that Ananya comes across Dr. Arjun, who appeared to her like "a Greek god". He is her cousin, Vishal's, best friend as well ...more
Vishal
Aug 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Read full review on: https://vishalbheeroo.wordpress.com/2...

An excerpt:

Introduction:

‘Why was it that we wished for things we couldn’t get?

Why did things that could never be ours, lure us, and then vanish mere hairbreadths away from our reach?

Why was letting go so hard?”

Preethi Venugopla’s ‘Without You’ is simple love story set in Sreepuram where Ananya falls in love with Arjun. As fate would have it, the lovers find each other in Dubai and love is rekindled where they discover each other in thi
Atul Purohit
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I like books and romance is my favorite genre. So when I got this book, I was happy as the lovely cover and the blurb lured me to read it. I read the book in less than a day, which is a record for me as I take time to linger over the nuances of the story. This book is written beautifully and the characters remain memorable even after one finish reading it. Ananya’s granny is my favorite in the book after Ananya and Arjun. The quote at the beginning of each chapter adds beauty to the story as wel ...more
Sreesha Divakaran
Reviewed in detail on Rain and a Book

Summary: 20 year old girl meets 26 year old boy. Both profess their “love” for each other though they’ve barely had a conversation. Then his crazy mother insults her, while he just stands there watching. She attempts suicide. Later, they read the rest of this review here
Charlotte Marie Henley
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Suprisingly good yeah!

I have never read a book on indian culture, but this was recommended to me and even though i was not sure if I would like it, i started to read the book and the pages and the time just went flying by.

As a romance, and I haven't read that many, it goes to an obvious ending i think - but I really like the characters. Best thing about the book was the setting. The author really describes everything so well.

Excellent book and recommended to all who love a romance with a spiritu
J. Alchem
Jan 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
A beautiful love story. I loved the way story was written and the characters of Ananya and Arjun were made alive by Author. Though I am little unsatisfied with the ending of the story, still this book is a good read. Would recommend this to those who read love story and believe in 'in the last love wins'
Sonia Singh
Sep 21, 2015 rated it liked it
The innocence of true love is maintained throughout and though Ananya’s insane scribblings to an invisible Arjun seem like a besotted fools paradise, you can feel for her. Thos book has tried to relate to several young hearts out there...(More on my blog)
geetika somani
Aug 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the book. The language used, the details provided brings the whole scene alive as if watching a movie ......just great. Loved Arjun's character. he made me fall in love with my husband again as my husband is just like him....
Saman Ali
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The books is a as beautiful as its cover page. I loved the character of Ananya and thoroughly loved the book. Ananya is a strong woman and this book shows how strong a woman can stand. I loved it.
Soumya Prasad
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shantala  (Shanaya Tales)
Rating Edit: 2.5 Stars

Originally Published on www.shanayatales.com

Without You follows the life of a young girl - Ananya, as she finds love, then loses it, and then tries to find herself, while picking up the broken pieces of her heart.

The story starts with 20 year-old Ananya visiting her grandmother in Sreepuram. There, she falls head-over-heels in love with the very handsome Dr. Arjun, who works in a hospital, in-spite of the fact that he is the scion of the multi-million dollar Shine Group. Ar
Ruchi Singh
Jan 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, paranormal
Rating edit: 3.5/ 5

‘Without You’ is about having faith in your loved ones and destiny. The story explores the depth of young love beautifully and adds just the right miracle at the end to spice up the story. I loved the twist the author throws at the end.

20 years-old Ananya a final year engineering student, comes to spend her vacation with her Grandmother, and falls in love with handsome, wealthy, Dr. Arjun. Arjun is equally besotted with beautiful, talented Ananya. Their love blossoms under her
Sachin  Prabhu
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The story starts with Anu , an engineering student visiting her grandmother in a village called Sripuram. Maybe destiny had it she meets charismatic and smart Arjun who is a doctor as per his passion even though he owns great empire of multi million dollar company inherited from family. Anu's Grandmother Ammamma plays a role of cupid and brings together two souls. Ammamma's role is so heart warming that reader will definitely enjoy. But, there's a twist in tale. When Arjun Ananya love story take ...more
Salesh Fernando
Nov 24, 2015 rated it liked it
I often wonder why romance is the most preferred genre. Even upcoming writers prefer romance to give their writing career a head start. Detractors may argue that it is easier to pen a love story. But for an eternal optimist like me romance is always about hope.

Love stories transport the readers to a magical world filled with hope. Without You does the same with ease. It is your typical lost and found story but what sets Without You apart from the rest is the geography and the detailing.

The desc
Akshatha Kulkarni
Aug 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaway
I got this book for free from the author in exchange for an honest review.

I received the book and found a very warm and sweet wish written inside by the author. I hoped for the novel to be just as warm and good. and believe me, it was. one can not say that its the authour's debut novel. debut novels of most of the Indian authors are known to have grammatical errors and poor framing of sentences. but Preethi Venugopala's debut novel seems to be an exception. it's easy flow makes one read it in on
Inderpreet Uppal
Jun 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Without You is a love story but not a regular one. It has a paranormal twist to it but you will not see the twist of faith until the end. I was quite surprised by it since there was not a hint of it in the initial chapters.

Ananya falls in love with Dr Arjun who is a friend of the family. Their love progresses swiftly but they have to part ways since Arjun’s mother is dead against it. Young and undecided they just move ahead with their life. The story is told from Ananya point of view as she goes

• The Runaway Bridegroom (Marriages Made in India #1)
  • Shattered Dreams (Ramayana: the Game of Life, #2)
  • Soul Warrior (The Age of Kali, #1)
  • Rightfully Wrong Wrongfully Right
  • An End to the Thrill
  • The Sensational Life and Death of Qandeel Baloch
  • Autobiography of a Yogi
  • 3 and a Half Murders

Preethi Venugopala is a Civil Engineer by profession and an avid writer, blogger, artist by passion.
She always liked stories. When alone, she would create stories in her mind but never thought about penning them down until a break from her regular job as a Civil Engineer prompted her to take up blogging.
Flash fictions written for various prompts, and winning story writing competitions led to pu
“I relived those memories repeatedly until I could breathe in his presence all around. The thought that I had lost him forever was a constant dull pain. May be poets had it right. Love was pain in disguise. I revered it, as there was pleasure in that pain.” 1 likes
“An inch long scar on my left wrist, reminded me of an enchanted world of love, which had vanished like a mirage.” 0 likes