Start by marking “fawn” as Want to Read:
fawn

fawn

Dear Author,
The guy on the left finds everything beautiful. Creepily so. He makes art out of road kill, writes love letters to people he’s never met, and stares incessantly at pretty men without them ever noticing. He spotted the guy on the right walking his dog through fields, and made him his newest object of affection. Only problem was, when he started staring at this g
Published June 3rd 2015 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about fawn, please sign up.
Nash Summers I wish I could tell you something profound and cool, but honestly I can't! :) I knew Rust would have a crow and when I was writing, he originally…moreI wish I could tell you something profound and cool, but honestly I can't! :) I knew Rust would have a crow and when I was writing, he originally didn't have a name. By the time I got to the scene with No, the name just popped into my head and it felt right to me so I rolled with it!(less)

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Thanks to the author for ripping my heart out of my chest.

Some stories reflect the initial prompt, and some stories transcend it. The prompt for this story was fairly open ended, but Nash Summers made it MORE; she made it sing.

The writing here is evocative and raw. These are words to be savored.

The story spans 20 years and is a testament to the abiding power of love.

Love that hurts. And love that saves. Love that leaves ... and returns.

When Rust first sees Ancel in a field, he doesn't even
Baba
2 stars. Review posted September 18, 2015.

photo oie_oTo3hjyT51T6_zpskcuqscau.gif
 photo oie_wZgPEcRbpi99_zpsd5nspugn.gif

fawn is a mixed bag for me. Sugary sweet, cheesy and sappy in places and actually quite beautiful in others. If the author had toned down her overly descriptive, OTT lyrical, flowery and very sweet and melodramatic writing style, this would have appealed much more to me. Oh, and authors should keep their waterworks in check. Thank you.

Favorite quote:

You? You're all those special times in between.
You're those frozen moments that everyone forgets to breath
Sara➽ Ink Is My Sword
5 “New favorite short story” Stars
“Everything was beautiful in its own way— you just had to look close enough.”

FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED:
Buddy-reading this with my bae.💕

[Quick thoughts before my eloquent review:
+This was so fucking magical
+I want more Rust. He is precious.
+I need a Pinterest aesthetic for this book.
+The cover for this author books are on point. Have me drooling, to be honest
+Everything The Wicker King didn’t give me
+Fast and re-readable]

When I came across this novel for free o
Sheziss
*hugs book and doesn't let go*

This is the kind of story and the kind of writing and the kind of author that totally ruins me for future reads.

“Rust,” she said, “what are you doing out here still?”

“I think I might’ve seen a miracle, Mom,” I replied.

“Oh? And what kind of miracle is that?”

“A boy.”

Sometimes a book is exactly what it should be.

Sometimes I want to capture the essence of a book and put in into a glass bottle and carry it with me around the world.

Sometimes I listen to the Silence a
Jan
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jan by: Elena
****4.5 Stars ****

This was powerfully evocative.
A mixture of poetry, ethereal magic, melancholy, longing, yearning and I wish I could go on and on, but limited English vocabulary for something like this.

☆ Todd
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mine

Confession time. People often talk about books being poetic, then I read them and all that comes to mind is flowery or pretentious. And possibly that the author is trying a bit too hard. (Yes, I'm shaking my pointy little finger at you, "Waiting for the Flood.")

But after reading this short book, yes, I must agree that poetic doesn't begin to cover the writing. From start to finish, the book was sheer poetry at its best. The words just flowed. Simply beautiful.

I do admit though, that I didn't ge
Lori
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review as soon as I've read the story for my prompt. Just - y'all need to read this. It's so FREAKING good. Nash Summers strikes again!

Aaaaaand, I'm back.

Okay, if you've yet to discover Nash Summers, you are in for a treat. A wonderfully unique voice, Nash is a skilled author who can write stories across the board, from short and sweet, to long and gritty. One thing I know I'm going to find before I even open the first page is characters that are quirky, that are different, that are wonderfully
Catherine
My, that was beautiful. Heartbreaking in parts, but so, so beautiful.

I know it's early days, but I'm calling it now: if you read just ONE Love is an Open Road story this year, THIS is the one to read.
♔ Jaela ♊ Killer ⚔ QUEEN
Be still, my heart!

This story was so wonderful, so amazing! It was like reading poetry. Delicate and fragile, just like the characters. So beautifully written!

Whatever I say, I know it won't be enough to do right by it.

..."I wanted to sit in the silence and wait, listening, hoping that the silence would reach out to me and whisper. "

Little red haired Rust is a child of Earth, a child of Nature. With flowers in his hair and sunshine in his eyes, he sees all the beautiful things around him and h
Tanu Gill
Nov 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ohh this was such a special story. I fell in love with Rust. I was so sad and upset for Ancel. At times my heart was beating hard, thinking that this story won't have a happy ending. Thank God that it did, and such a sweet one. One of my favorite books!!:-)
lucie
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How is possible that this tiny little book made me feel so much?
“It struck me too, Rust.”
“What did?”
“Lightning.”
Karla
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Karla by: Elsa Bravante
Virginia Books
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sad. Intense. Beautiful. Full of nostalgia and longing.

This is a little master piece and I consider it a must for those who love young adult stories. Lyrical, heartwarming and precious, that’s what Nash Summers’ Fawn is. A little treasure.

A special boy who finds beauty in the sight of a field, flowers feathers and little animals. He’s surrounded by ugliness, abuse, bullies... but Rust knows how to find that beauty, that peace. He even finds it in death. A unique artist. A pure soul. A bright hu
Dalia
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful and heartbreaking. Made me freaking cry. Thank you, Nash Summers, for writing such a wonderful story!
You gave me a necklace yesterday and made me promise to hold on to it. I’ll hold on to it forever.

Emma Sea
Jun 03, 2015 marked it as to-read
dear god, would you look at that cover!?
I don't even have to check now to know that's Natasha Snow's handiwork.
NTS: gotta read this asap
and it's FREEEEEEEEEE

Ami

Dreamy. Heartbreaking. Beautiful. I cried when I reached the ending. Clearly Nash Summers just SLAYED me again

It has been almost 2-weeks since I actually read " fawn " -- and I still had no idea how to do this story justice. In its short length, "fawn" was able to deliver a story with a big punch. I think the key element of the story relies on Rust -- this fascinating boy that was unlike any (common) characters I found in my reading. Rust saw the world in his own innocent-colorful-intr
Trisha Harrington
Rust,

Heaven isn’t enough.

Ancel

This story is hard to talk about. It ripped my heart out of my chest and left me desperate for some happiness. Some light.

Ancel and Rust can never seem to catch a break. Rust knows from the moment he meets Ancel, that Ancel will break his heart one day. And he did. More than once. And it broke my heart every time, too.

But I couldn't hate Ancel. He was broken. He hated himself. And he wasn't a bad guy. Not at all.

Rust was such a lovable character. I really liked hi
chandler ainsley ❁
I don't need a chance with heaven. I need a chance with you.

wow, i have a lot of feelings for such a short book. overall, i actually did like this.

it was less than 100 pages and was a dreamy, purple prose story about 2 guys who grow from boys to men. and also how their relationship develops over the span of 10+ years. and i was genuinely impressed with that aspect. i typically detest novellas that try and span more than a year because i think it can be nearly impossible to properly tell a full f
Adam
Today I learned that my heart could be broken in to pieces, and then put back together, in less than 80 pages.
description

Rust is very different. He likes to make art out of twigs and animal bones, likes to dance in the rain, and likes to wear hair-clips. He's weird, and he's totally okay with that, even if the other kids aren't. One day, Rust sees a new boy, Ancel. Ancel is popular and good-looking, though he hasn't had the best life. Rust doesn't completely understand what he feels for him, but he knows t
Sara
So this is going to be short because I don’t have enough water to stay hydrated and the tears are back just writing a review of this.

Let me get this out first… Ms. Summers truly is a talented author and I am not saying that as being biased. I read books to feel, to have the story take over me and fall in love with every single word. Summers does that for me each time and with each story. Her work is amazing, I could look up a better word in a thesaurus, but amazing is the first to come to mind.
Lyn

I have mixed feelings about this book. While it was beautiful and emotional, it was also frustrating because the MCs spent more time apart then they did together during what I'm guessing to have been a 15 year time span. I wish the book had ended with an epilogue to make up for the time jumps and separation.
Arch Bala
Flawless.

Magical.

Pure Perfection.

description
Rust and Ancel - Just beautiful.

5 out of 5 stars

Elsa Bravante
Un relato corto, bonito y poético. Vale la pena dedicarle una hora de tu tiempo.
☙ percy ❧
absolutely exquisitely written, and made me cry my eyes out. i am a quivering ball of emotion

read this.
R * A Reader Obsessed *
4.5 Stars

With a prompt like that, things could’ve totally gone awry, but in the skillful hands of this author it became something quite amazing.

One day Rust glimpses Ancel, and immediately like a moth to a flame, he’s forever caught. What he doesn’t know is that it goes both ways. Over the years, these two just barely touch each other’s lives, but each instance is like a brand on their soul - painful, exhilarating, permanent. Circumstance and fears conspire to keep them apart, but just when you
Meags
Nash Summers can have all the stars for this one, along with my heart, which is currently aching in my chest from all the pure emotion this story evoked.
Xia Xia Lake
This story was so lyrical, ephemeral and downright gorgeous, I can't seem to find the words for a review.
Nash Summers managed to throw me in a wringer and paralyze me like a fawn (excuse the pun) in the headlights. I lived with all my being the story of Rust and Ancel as it enfolded through the years. At times it felt like I was watching Atreyu pull Artax through the Swamp of Sadness in the Neverending Story.
description

This should be on a list of top 10 stories an MM reader should experience in a lifetime.
Ann
This was such a beautiful story that I cannot recommend enough. The characters are so unique and Rust is pretty much made of magic. The fact that Ancel saw that all along and fought his demons to be the man Rust deserved made my heart so happy.
Elena
That was simply magical...

I've met one of the sweetest, most original MCs ever - Rust
I've mourned and cried over No
I've kept my fingers and felt sorry for Ancel
I've loved and admired Rust's parents
I've even liked Beth and was happy that she ended up Rust's friend.

I've never read anything by Nash Summers and was totally unprepared for such a powerful story with such magical, poetic world-building and writing style. It was superb!

Highly recommended!

• Under Pretenses
  • #First Impressions #Second Chances
  • In Heaven and Earth
  • Bright Like a Thousand Memories
Nash Summers rarely has any idea what she’s doing. But when she likes to pretend, she pretends by writing stories at the pace of drying paint. As if that wasn’t exhilarating enough, Nash also enjoys absolute silence, general politeness, and waiting her turn in line.
Needless to say, she’s a bona fide hell raiser.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nash.summers...
Nash also has a super cool newsletter
“He was from a fantasy where fairies and pixies danced through the woods and slept in dewy beds of twigs and petals. He was a creature unlike anything poets or philosophers could conjure up. He was born from alchemy, created by twisting storm clouds and rays of sunshine together.” 4 likes
“He was born from alchemy, created by twisting storm clouds and rays of sunshine together.” 1 likes