Start by marking “Hidden Scars (Hidden Scars, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hidden Scars (Hidden Scars, #1)

Hidden Scars

(Hidden Scars #1)

Sometimes the past won’t stay where it belongs.

Sara’s number one rule of dating: closed off, secretive men need not apply. Years of therapy helped her move past the damage done by her emotionally abusive boyfriend, and she’s ready to date again. Someone funny, laid back, and easy to talk to. All things her coworker Taylor isn’t.

Taylor’s quiet. Too quiet. He operates in per
Published September 22nd 2015 by Radiodemon Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Hidden Scars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hidden Scars

Samantha
Aug 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have to start by saying the first Amanda K. Byrne novel I read really gripped and moved me with the story and her fantastic writing so when she reached out and asked if I would read and review this novel I said sure. This novel is a lighter read but I'm glad I chose to read it. The writing is still her A game and the story is still compelling enough to keep me up until I finish it. Hidden Scars receives a deeply satisfied 4.5 stars from me.

Both Taylor and Sara are sales executives who, from t
Alyse
Oct 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
**I received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.**

Trust. Probably the hardest thing to earn, yet the easiest to destroy.

Hidden Scars starts off with sales executives Sara and Taylor stuck in Chicago due to a snow storm. Not wanting to sleep in the airport, they head to a hotel to find that they have only one room left. With a single bed. Sara demands that Taylor take the bed, while she will sleep on the floor. After getting ready for bed, Sara sees Taylor in a way she's never
Mandi Schreiner
Sep 15, 2015 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF @ 50%

I wanted to like this! It has a super quiet, geeky (at least in my mind) hero and a heroine trying to date after an abusive relationship.

But it's so slow - and the hero falls very flat. The hero also has an odd gang-related past which did not mesh at all with his present day personality. I could not picture him in my mind as belonging to a gang. He was so nerdy/geeky/quiet/super nice. It was odd.

Kate's Corner
Feb 13, 2016 marked it as 09-nuff-said
Just not working out for me.
Sania
Standalone/Cliffhanger: Standalone but part of a series
Ages of H and h: In their 30s
Multi-Luv'n/Ménages: (view spoiler)
Was There Descriptive Sex: (view spoiler)
Descriptive Sex &/Or Drama Between H/h With OW/OM: (view spoiler)
>>If So, Before or After H/h Hookup: (view spoiler)
Contains Cheating: (view spoiler)
Amount of Sex In The Book: (view spoiler)
HEA/
Dilushani Jayalath
Oct 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
*I received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

Wow, now that was such an intense book. This was much more than I actually expected. I actually thought this would be a lot like one of the sex-loving girls meeting perfect male counterpart kind of thing but nope. This was much better. It was such an emotional roller coaster ride and hell the depth of the characters was so good. I loved the characterisations of the MCs cuz it just much more maturity and complexness than any book
Jamila
May 04, 2016 rated it liked it
This was actually nice
Anja
Nov 27, 2016 marked it as dnf
Shelves: w-az, c
DNF 12%, terribly slow, no chemistry, nothing happening, irrelevant info in the writing
Mignon Mykel
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 / 5 stars

Received a copy of the title in exchange for an honest review.

When I read FRACTURE earlier this year, I fell in love with Amanda's writing style. She pulls the reader in and does the suspense aspect well. When she asked me to read and review this title, I was super excited and couldn't wait to dive in!

This book, though, is quite a bit different from the war-torn country book that FRACTURE is -- but had it's equally great moments.

Sara's take-charge attitude has put her in a decent po
Kim
Sep 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 to 4 stars

Hidden Scars is the 2nd book I have read from this author, and although the content of the story deals with some potentially heavy issues, the tone of this book felt blessedly lighter than the first book I read.

Sara has been attempting to rebuild her life for years since her abusive ex was jailed. She moved to a completely new location, has a job she is very good at, and has a few new friends, but dating, commitment and relationships still scare the life out of her. She has never r
Rikki
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, romance
The story sounded interesting and I really cannot put my finger on why I wasn't gripped by it.

The heroine is a good character, careful who she gets involved with, not too trusting, but still down to earth and reasonable. The hero on the other side stays quite faceless. Him being quiet or unobtrusive had nothing to do with it - I love the quiet type - but apart from the fact that he observed, remembered and cared we know not much about him as a person. It's hard to describe, he is a lovely guy,
Jo
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved the last book I read from this author, and so when I was offered the opportunity to read her latest release, I eagerly accepted. In case you're wondering? I'm glad I did.

Although the tone of this book is much lighter, the same underlying connection with the characters is easily established. The relationship between Sara and Taylor felt to me like it developed organically, and as a result, their story was all the more captivating.

Subtly written, completely engrossing, this was a one sitti
Wendy Gibson
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
Note: I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I couldn't get through this story as much as I tried. I had to flip through it and skip to the end. I wasn't thrilled with any of the characters and found my mind wandering while trying to get into the story. I thought perhaps I was just having an off day, so I tried again to read it two days later. Nope. It just didn't pique my interest sadly.
❤️Melanie G.
Oct 09, 2015 rated it liked it
ARC received from Netgalley for an honest review.

This book was a fairly quick read for me. I actually found myself skimming the pages at times due to the fact that I wasn’t relating to the characters. The story was well written and told I however did not feel the development of the characters or the chemistry between them. All in all it was a good read.
Christy
Sep 24, 2015
RDpugherty
Jan 17, 2016
Goodreads Librari...: Add book cover 3 17 Aug 21, 2015 10:24AM
This space says "biography", but...no. Goodreads is my reader space (even though that little thingy up on the right says Goodreads Author). So, if you're a reader, send me a friend request, but you better have more books on your list than friends. My TBR pile is never big enough and I'm always looking to add to it.

I'll read pretty much everything except horror. I write romance, so I read a lot of

Hidden Scars (2 books)
  • Broken Down (Hidden Scars, #2)