Start by marking “Anna's Courage (Rose Island, #1)” as Want to Read:
Anna's Courage (Rose Island, #1)

Anna's Courage

(Rose Island #1)

“Anna’s Courage” is a heartwarming love story about having the courage to be brave in spite of your fears.

Helicopter pilot Anna Morgan hasn’t flown since her husband’s death several years ago. Instead, the young army widow has sought refuge with her son on peaceful Rose Island. Surrounded by family and friends, Anna vows never to do anything more dangerous than arrive la
Published June 1st 2015

To ask other readers questions about Anna's Courage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anna's Courage

Start your review of Anna's Courage (Rose Island, #1)
Staci
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Enjoyable contemporary romance and the start of a series. Other than a bit of yo-yo that occurred briefly toward the end, I very much enjoyed this novel. Anna's Courage has likable characters and presents the novel from the first person perspective of both main characters. I look forward to continuing this series.
Martha
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the story and the challenges the character faced felt realistic. It is hard sometimes to get real without the cheesy creeping in, but I felt this had good balance.

I could understand and be frustrated with the characters at the same time, and even though things wrapped up pretty neat and tidy, I felt it was enjoyable!
Roy Murry
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Anna's Courage
Kristin Noel Fischer

Reviewed by Author Roy Murry

The mind's psyche is a cruel place. Once the love of a person gets in it, love stays. If that lover dies, the thought of that person is hard to replace and becomes an interference in any new relationship.

In Anna's choice, Anna made a decision after her military husband was kill-in-action. She will never marry another active soldier among other resolutions she avoided like the plague.

Then came a meeting and a kiss that would send her i
Jan Mcleod
Mar 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a good,clean Christian story and romance. It deals with loss, hope, fear, love, and faith.
Anna lost her soldier husband six years ago in Afghanistan, and is still trying to get her life back together. She is very guarded in what she does and who she sees, still struggling with several issues.
Nick, a career soldier, just lost his brother and sister-in-law in a tragic accident and now has custody of his nine year old niece and a baby under a year old. Struggling with his loss, he is trying
Donna Dv
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good book

I enjoyed this book. It was well written and very least to read. I loved all the characters. I just wish it hadn't ended so soon.
Sheila Holmes
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was absolutely delightful!

There's nothing more that needs to be said, I think.

I just can hardly wait to read the second book in the series.

I recommend with a glad heart!
Janie Winsell
May 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Anna’s Courage by Kristin Noel Fischer is a Contemporary Christian Romance novel.

Anna is a single mother who lost her husband Marcus in the war several years ago. When her husband died, her courage died as well. She quit being a helicopter pilot and spent her time worrying about the what-ifs of life. Her unfounded fears limit her exposure to the world as well as her son Travis. She has locked her heart and family away on the peaceful Rose Island where she is surrounded by family and friends. Bu
Kari Trumbo
Jun 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I acted as a beta reader on this book and enjoyed it very much. The author gifted me with a copy of the final version free in an exchange for an honest review.

I love Anna and her quirkiness. She is so real, her pain is understandable and you get it from page one. Nick isn't just dreamy, he's deep with real problems and emotions. I love that he has to be a dad through this tale and the kids are not just shoved to the side, they are part of the love story as it unfolds.

Almost every character in t
Charlene
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-challenges
Anna's Courage was a delightful story about healing and restoration after experiencing different types of loss.

Rarely do I get to say this but I loved all the characters in this story. I also liked that we had the opportunity to explore more than the main two characters journey and experience them overcome their own personal challenges.

Travis was my favourite but who doesn't love a cute geeky little ten year old?

My only disappointment with this story is that it felt like it ended very abruptly
Cayla
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I can't praise this book enough. It's wonderful. If you have any military background in your family, you will probably be able to relate better than the average reader.

It is a Christian fiction novel, so you will see references to faith and God, but it's gentle. Not overly pushy. Very very very very clean and well written. You can sense the attraction, the frustration, the sadness, the anger, the fear, ...everything. Ms. Fischer did a superb job with her character-building. She breathes life int
Josephine
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nice story!

This story was great at showing heart changes. It was full of characters showing love to one another and had several sub stories. It had characters living their faith but it wasn't preachy, just inspiring. I loved how the uncle fell in love with the girls and took care of them although he was a military man with no experience. I'm not fully enthusiastic about the match, though. I like stories where people with similar backgrounds get together, and this one never quite settled with me,
David B Smith
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finding this book is a pleasant surprise! Here’s a well-told story by an author who can really write and unfold a dramatic tale that keep you interested in the characters. The back-and-forth POV between Anna and Nick works well; they’re different enough that the contrasts are fun to track. Both are appealing characters, and the reader easily roots for their romance to get to a satisfying finish line.
Not many authors succeed in finding the right pitch for the Christian element, but Kristin Noel
Sandra Lyamuya
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was okay

I'm sure that most people would say that they loved the book, I on the other hand can only say that I like the book. I like the idea that in order for two people to be together is by one sacrificing for the other and I loved how the two main characters in this book have both shown what they are willing to let go just to be with one another. One not wanting to travel down the lane of being an army wife and the other wanting to stay in the army rather than lose their dream career... I a
Linda R
Jun 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Anna Morgan, a former helicopter pilot for a tourist company, quit flying after the death of her husband in the Army. She felt it would be safer to work in her sister-in-law's beauty shop while taking care of her 9-year old son.

Nick Peterson, an Army captain, is home for the holidays when he first meets Anna, his brother's next-door neighbor, at a New Year's Eve party. Almost a year later, Nick is back on the island after being awarded custody of his two nieces upon the death of their parents.
Victoria - txreadingnook
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great love story . They author knows how to draw the reader in from the first chapter .
Nick’s brother and sister in law are in a car accident and do not survive . So Nick is named as the girl’s guardian.
He is a military officer and really does not want to give up his career but he did not know that these two little girls would change his mind .
Anna is a widow after her husband is killed in Afghanistan.
She left to raise her son Travis . She can’t date or marry another military man . Th
Paul Sabin
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of the best Christian Romance novels ever!!!

What a fantastic, inspiring, heart-warming Romantic tale about two people overcoming multiple tragedies to find True Love and Trust in God again!!!

This is so well written and poignant! Using a changing first person narrative from the heroine's and then switching to the hero's is captivating and emotionally powerful. I was struggling with pain and multiple trips to the bathroom and still couldn't put the book down!

This is a rollercoaster ride, with
Kim
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Do you love Hallmark Movies? If you don’t, skip this one. I happen to love clean, sweet romance novels. It is sweet, but not syrupy— the characters deal with some heavy issues and decisions. I fell in love with the characters in this book. I had just finished Sarah’s Key, and needed something a bit happier to read before delving into another WWII historical fiction book (my favorite genre). This book fit the bill. I wasn’t at the beach, but it sure would be a great beach read!
Joan
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This good love story is well written. The characters are engaging and real; the plot moves at an appropriate pace; the characters are openly Christian but not "preachy" - their faith is just shown as any other character trait would be shown in a good novel. I became attached to the characters and appreciated the care and attention to detail the author used in polishing a good story to make it even better.
angie massengill
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sweet story ,very well written it make me cry,but it was a good cry,lol I would highly recommend the book will definitely

If your looking for a sweet very well written story try this book. I was very touched by this book it made me cry,it was a good cry .lol I will definitely read more from this author and I highly recommend it !!!
Bonnie E Case
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful story a

I really enjoyed this book about Anna getting a second chance at love. It did move a littler slowly but that's not all bad. This is a vey clean Christian book. I thoroughly enjoy a book that I don't have to read swear words and have to skip over the sex scenes.
Michele
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This a wonderfully written book full of love, faith, redemption and all that God can do in the lives of those who seek Him. The love story was beautiful and the two main characters have wonderful personal stories of growth throughout. I love that this book was appropriate and clean yet still just as much of a page turner as a lot of thriller and suspense books.
Martha
Jul 22, 2018 rated it did not like it
Predictable

I had to really push through this book. It was predictable and I looked forward to some kind of surprise ending or, I don’t know, something. The individual characters were not believable. The children too much like adults. The Christianity was like it had to be put somewhere to make it “Christian”. Just...nope. Not a worthwhile read.
Lynette Sowden
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good clean romance

The story was well written and believable . Some critics said they thought the characters were too good to be true but I disagree. I have lived in a community of believers like that. I loved the characters and look forward to reading further books written by the author
Mary Jane
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful book.

I love stories of second chances but there is sadness mixed in with the love and happiness. These were strong characters with definite ideas of what they wanted in their lives but we don't t always get what we want. Control is really out of our hands. Love the moment you are given.

Sharon
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very good

This was a good story regarding a single mother and a man who became guardian to his nieces. It covered the complications when Nick becomes responsible for his nieces while he is in the service. Anna's husband was killed while in the service and it showed how she handled his death. It was a well written book showing how Nick and Anna fell in love. I bought the next book in the series.
Collette
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very well done!!!

A well written, true to life reading! A story of how fear can completely consume your life and Rob you of really living and keep you from loving. A person needs to have courage to face changes I life or fear will take them down.
Thank you, Kristin for an story I found hard to put down even for a nights sleep!
Brent Bills
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads
I wanted a light, easy read, and this book was perfect for that.

I never like it when the guy keeps kissing the girl when she says she doesn't want a relationship, it seems disrespectful and forceful.

This would be a perfect book to read during the holidays.
Mary Stockwell
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good clean romance

This is a good clean romance. The first three quarters of the book have a sad undertone which is kind of depressing. I like light hearted romances but the story is good and has a happy ending.
Rocky Henriques
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this story

This is not my typical choice for reading, but I did enjoy this book. From the beginning you could figure out how it was going to end, but the challenges and obstacles they took to get there is what made this interesting for me. Recommended!
Bernadette Berry
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great shory

This story was sweet and pleasurable to read. The characters had dimension and demonstrated class in their faith, so similar to most Christians after drama or for those that may have drifted. Nice romantic plot! I would recommend this book to my friends and others.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Home to You
  • Around the Bend (Sandy Cove #4)
  • August (Prairie Grooms, #1)
  • Tucker's Way
  • Above All Else (Sandy Cove, #7)
  • Loved Bayou (Martin Family, #1)
  • Love's Trial (First Street Church Romances #5)
  • Sanctuary (Murrells Inlet Miracles Book 1)
  • Be Thou My Vision (Hymns of the West #2)
  • Silver Bells
  • Leaving Oxford (Southern Hearts, #1)
  • A Soldier's Promise (Crystal Lake #2)
  • Crossroads (Miller's Creek #6)
  • Firstborn
  • Arms of Promise
  • Melody's Christmas (Heartwarming Holidays Sweet Romance, #1)
  • A Doctor's Promise (Lifeline Air Rescue #1)
Kristin Noel Fischer writes stories that combine uplifting women’s fiction with inspirational romance. Her books focus on overcoming tragedy through faith, family, friendship, love, and laughter. Readers enjoy her realistic characters and hope-filled endings.

If you’re looking for a heartwarming, compelling read without gratuitous love scenes or foul language, you’ve come to the right place.

Kristi

Rose Island (4 books)
  • Jillian's Promise (Rose Island, #2)
  • Bianca's Joy (Rose Island #3)
  • Vicki's Gift (Rose Island #4)