Start by marking “Das Vermächtnis des Flammenmädchens (Flammenmädchens, #4)” as Want to Read:
Das Vermächtnis des Flammenmädchens  (Flammenmädchens, #4)

Das Vermächtnis des Flammenmädchens

(Fire Spirits #4)

Der Kampf zwischen Gut und Böse geht in die letzte Runde! Ari ist nicht mehr das Siegel Salomons, das heißt aber nicht, dass die Dschinn sie jetzt in Ruhe lassen. Der boshafte Asmodeus ist noch längst nicht fertig mit ihr, und so mancher rachsüchtige Feuergeist lechzt nach ihrem Blut. Nur gut, dass Ari als Jägerin immer besser wird. Zusammen mit ihrem geliebten Jai bildet ...more
Published November 10th 2015 by HarperCollins (first published April 19th 2013)

Start your review of Das Vermächtnis des Flammenmädchens (Flammenmädchens, #4)
Lucy Qhuay
Jul 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fire Spirits series fans
Recommended to Lucy Qhuay by: myself, as the great fan of the series that I am

I am so sad to see this series ending. :(

Darkness, Kindled is a book full of twists and turns and that will leave you completely breathless.

I was a bit sad with what happened to some characters like Charlie and Derek but, truthfully, I didn't see any other solution for what was happening/had happened to them.

I am just glad they are happy now and far safer than when they were involved in the Jinn world.

About Ari and Jai, OMG! They went through hell to finally have their happily ever after.

They ha
Say
Jun 28, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
OMG!!! PLEASE GIVE ME THIS NOW!!!
Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️

I think this is one of the very few series that I have read and finished that steadily got worse every book.

Okay, it would probably be more accurate to say that it lost it's appeal, degressed to the cliches instead of worse. And a whole lot nicer too.

I've read some of Samantha's work that came after the 2012-YA era and my love for them is what actually led me to taking a chance on this one, well, that and my best friend giving the series an average of 4 stars (should have checked that read date
Nabila Anjum
I'm going to give this series a cumulative review since I don't have the strength to dissect them individually. This series is about the Jinn world which is kind of new in the world of paranormal fiction.

And I say kind of because:-

A) It had a lot of common denominators with a lot of other series I've read so far, the covenant series in particular
1) A badass heroine with two love interests- check
2) A funny all powerful relative who cracks bad jokes but cares for the heroine deeply and aids her
Rosa
Aug 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This review is being done as a guest review for Sugar and Spice Book Reviews

Now, I know that Darkness, Kindled isn't really what Sugar and Spice usually review. And I'm super excited that the lovely ladies gave me an opportunity to review a YA book. But it's Samantha Young and she is an amazing author no matter what genre she decides to write. If you have not read books 1-3 please do so as soon as possible!!! They were also amazeballs! Well DK is the last installment in the Fire Spirits series.
Veronica
Mar 19, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
After reading the previous books of this series, I had high hopes for the last book. I tried to like it, I really did. But after a bunch of Ari mess ups, the whole Fallon and Charlie issues, and not to mention Jai continuing to screw up repeatedly, I just forced myself to finish the book and decided never to pick it up again. The first books of this series were brilliant, but the conclusion wasn't very satisfying. I'm not going to go into any details so as to not give anything away if you haven' ...more
Niala
Jan 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Its a bitter sweet ending on this journey.Samantha Young delivers the perfect ending for Ari, Jai, Trey, Red and Glass.

There were parts in the book when i felt like oh its over, then looked down and saw there was still like 30% to go. (lol) then realized that the end of each part was the perfect ending..

There's so much i could say but then i feel like if I'm giving away the book..

What I would like is for both Glass and Asmodeus each get a novella because I feel there is so much more for those
Minni Mouse
DNF at 58%. I started skimming this series so fast it can barely be called reading it. I really just wanted to know how it all ended but now that I've picked this book up after a week, I've forgotten most of the plot and characters.

Maybe someday, I'll reread books 2,3, and 4 properly.
Zarish Fatima
happy ending. i read this seires like i was on fire..
Sugar and Spice Book Reviews
*This review was done by Rosa as a guest reviewer for Sugar and Spice Book Reviews and will also be listed under her Goodreads account.

Now, I know that Darkness, Kindled isn't really what Sugar and Spice usually review. And I'm super excited that the lovely ladies gave me an opportunity to review a YA book. But it's Samantha Young and she is an amazing author not matter what genre she decides to write. If you have not read books 1-3 please do so as soon as possible!!! They were also amazeballs!
Madeline
Mar 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2013
Wow! First I'd like to say that I'm kinda sad this series has come to its end; tho I'm seriously hoping & praying I misunderstood the author's note at the end that this was IT!. Seriously.... but Im happy at the way it completed this wonderful series! It's been such a great journey following these characters on one mission after another & being there with them through it all. Anyway, so here's what I thought:

Ari & Jai finally tother-together!!, ahhh!! Ari sacrificing a piece of her past so that
Ashleigh Stonier
Aug 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the extra passages at the end in Jai's perspective but maybe that would've been better if it had been throughout the books. When I got to halfway through the book everything had finished but then another thing happened which got me through it. The ending was so good and definitely was the best way to end it. This series was great.
★Ruth★
I don't know if I left it too long to finish this or what but I just found myself skimming my way through. There was a definitely a lack of caring on my behalf. It took about 2 weeks to finish it...
Then again no book seems to be "doing it" for me right now so there could be that!
Darkphoenix
Nov 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ITS OVER!!!!!!!! Oh my god, it’s finally done and I’m not sure how I feel about that. I’m glad that Samantha Young did not needlessly drag the series and the end is still sinking in. Considering that this was the last book in the series, Darkness, Kindled definitely did not disappoint. There was plenty of action, nail-biting suspense and a healthy dose of gooey love.

I did not re-read Borrowed Ember before starting Kindled (mostly because I’d already read Ember more than twice since it came out)
Katie Jones
Argh...this book... SO GOOD. This series is just epic. I will list as many of the great things as I can...

That prologue. I had guessed at what the favour would be and that prologue only confirmed it and gave me this sense of doom and suspense which was just yummy.

Asmodeus. He's so interesting and evil and broken and interesting. The whole dream thing and then his surprise at the end, I did not see that coming.

Charlie. We saw the best and the worst of him in this book and both aspects were heart
Stephanie
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
I haven’t read many books based off genies or Jinns as Ms. Young writes them but the world she created was unique and had me wishing I could cast spells and travel through fire. The characters, main and secondary were easy to connect with and my heart broke for the trials they all faced. A lot happens in this book but at the end of it all I was happy with how everyone’s stories wrapped up. I’ll miss Ari, Jai and the rest of all the Jinns I’ve come to know. Ms. Young is known for her contemporary ...more
Nicole Bates
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best book ever!

5 stars because this last book in the series wrapped up all the cliff hangers. All the relationships were summed up as well as the turmoil with Lillif, which brought up new twists between Asmodeus and Ari. All in all, this was amazing. I loved the ending and the ways the lives of everyone of the characters played out.
Alison Beechner
The ending is done in 3 parts. And while I liked it, I kinda wish the plots occurred in a different order. But it brought the feels so that is all that matters. Also loved the extra Jai POV bonus scenes at the end.
Jennifer Moore
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Surprising!

I wasn’t sure about reading this series, but glad I did. Lately I’ve read a lot of the first books in a series and been disappointed. This one held my interest to the end.
Hannah Conway
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars
Amanda Wise
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series

I really enjoyed this series...wish that book 4 had more of the story line, but the extras at the end helped-lol. Good clean read(mostly clean-great teen book).
Mary

Had to make myself pick up over and over, but wasn’t bad.
Jill Reid (marge280975)
What a great series

Ups and downs
Adventure and heartache
Love and hate
This book is a fitting ending to the full series
Xx
Chris McGrory
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exciting

Enjoyed reading this series wish it would continue to see how Jai and Ari moved on and if she ever had a relationship with her father
Antoinette Lewis
After everything it ended blaaa, no umph no spice no ntn.
Angie Reed
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Ending!

This was a great series and it ended perfectly. Yes it is a young adult but the story and characters I enjoyed.
Deanna
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved this book!!! Such a good ending to one of the best book series ever!

Oh my goodness! How I love Jai!!

(view spoiler)
Katy
5 Stars for an excellent conclusion to a series.

This book went to so many unexpected places and they were great places. (The parts marked spoiler are quite spoilery, so don't click unless you want to be spoiled.) I really don't want to give too much away because this whole book is like a big spoiler!

This book picks up with Ari living with Jai and Trey, working for Michael and the Roe guild, and Charlie on the run. I love the playfulness in the relationship between Ari and Trey. It brings much ne
Lauryn April
Sep 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars. I have loved this series from the very beginning and this book did a nice job of wrapping it up in a satisfying way. I could also tell that Samantha’s writing has grown in some wonderful ways which made the experience of reading this book all the better.
As usual Samantha Young does a wonderful job of including twists and turns. There were more than a few unexpected moments that kept the story moving for me. I also loved the way she described the fight scenes in this book.

One thing tha
Victoria Limbert
Prior to reading the last installment of Samantha Young's Fire Spirits series, I re-read the first books. It reminded me just how fantastic the books are; the feelings, the romance and the fantasy driven plot. The whole series is extremely well written and planned out with twists and turns, ups and downs, love and action in perfect amounts. The reader can never become desensitised, there is just enough of everything. Samantha Young has weaved a gripping tale from Smokeless Fire to Darkness, Kind ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Kiss of Vengeance (True Immortality #2)
  • Avow (The Archers of Avalon, #3)
  • War of Hearts (True Immortality #1)
  • The King (A Wicked Trilogy #3.6)
  • Brave (A Wicked Trilogy, #3)
  • Torn (A Wicked Trilogy, #2)
  • Shameless (Playboys in Love, #1)
  • Riot House (Crooked Sinners, #1)
  • For King and Corruption (Dark Maji, #4)
  • Wicked (A Wicked Trilogy, #1)
  • The Hunt (The Twisted Kingdoms #1)
  • The Prince (A Wicked Trilogy, #3.5; 1001 Dark Nights, #85)
  • Red Rider (The Sworn Saga #1)
  • Independence (Significance, #4)
  • The Seventh Sun (The Age of the Seventh Sun, #1)
  • Demon Kissed (Demon Kissed, #1)
  • Blood Trial: Supernatural Battle (Vampire Towers #1)
  • The Eternal Witch (The Coven: Elemental Magic #5)
Samantha Young is a New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author from Stirlingshire, Scotland. She's been nominated for several Goodreads Choice Awards. She writes adult contemporary and paranormal romance, YA urban fantasy and YA contemporary fiction. Currently published in 28 languages in 30 countries, Samantha is a #1 international bestselling author.

Fire Spirits (4 books)
  • Smokeless Fire (Fire Spirits, #1)
  • Scorched Skies (Fire Spirits, #2)
  • Borrowed Ember (Fire Spirits, #3)