Start by marking “Beneath the Cape—The Superhero Anthology” as Want to Read:

Beneath the Cape—The Superhero Anthology

Created with the sole purpose of benefiting the Wounded Warrior Project.

Only available July 1st - October 1st.

Superheroes.

Save the world and protect mankind.

But what’s beneath the cape? Behind the mask? Under the steel-plated façade?

Eight bestselling New Adult romance authors have come together to bring you seven stories about superh
Paperback
Published July 1st 2015

To ask other readers questions about Beneath the Cape—The Superhero Anthology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beneath the Cape—The Superhero Anthology

Start your review of Beneath the Cape—The Superhero Anthology
Jennifer Fannan
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Breaking Through- D. Nichole King
* I received an ARC in exchange for a honest review*

I am starting with my only negative comment and that is this ends in a cliffhanger. The full story is to come out in October, I believe. I normally would subtract a star for this but Ms. King had me so engrossed in the story that I never knew it was going to end the way it did. I can't wait to read the full story.

I am going to give as little of the story away as I can. Nautia and her classmates all have some ki
Julie Ayling
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given a Arc copy for my honest review

Super villains superheroes and one bad ass super villain that think she's god I loved the story, I love the storyline you had your action love and determination Quick witty and funny. What does one super villain do when he finds the one person he cannot hurt with his touch and what does one superhero do that is fighting her attraction to him and can they both come together to save each other.

Novella two with cat lady and the man with calming powers whe
D. King
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Yeah, I'm one of the contributing authors in this anthology, but I gotta tell you, every story in this anthology is spectacular!

Laura Thalassa starts the ride for us with an action-packed, superhero-super villain story. This comes complete with original hero/villain names and super suits. Marvel needs to hire her for their next hit series--and it might be this one! But along with the action, there's a brewing romance, and one you won't want to miss!

Sunniva Dee slides in with the second story. O
Derna
Jun 19, 2015 rated it really liked it

"Cat Love" by Sunniva Dee

I will say I didn’t realise when I started reading Cat Love, it was going to end on a cliffhanger. However, I was pleased to discover that the wait to read the full book wasn’t going to be too long. I enjoyed this first part of Aidan and Ulani’s story. It was an easy read with some elements that kept the story interesting. I enjoyed the story and need to know how it all plays out.

Villain by Cheryl McIntyre

I really enjoy this one and was slightly disappointed that it wa
Tece Behl
Jun 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So many AMAZING stories in one place!!!! These authors have done a great job for a wonderful cause. I wish that all of these were full length books!!! For the ones that are going to be, I CAN NOT WAIT TO READ THEM once they are released!!
Aaly
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
**ARC provided by Laura Thalassa for an honest review. **
This anthology was totally bad ass! 7 awesome stories to enjoy without reserve!
I’ve read all the stories, and I loved them all, I couldn’t pick a favorite. This reading was so fluid, taking into places, where superhero and villains, whenever they are, with superpowers, or not, risking their lives, fight, conquers, win but find love in the way.
I was captivated and couldn’t put it down. I was so drawn into each stories, so willing to read wh
Brigitte
Book 1

Reaping Angels by Laura Thassala

Review

The Excutioner aka X is the Supervillain who can kill with a touch.

Angel, on the other hand is a Superhero who heals with her touch. They are mortal enemies but X discovers that Angel can bring him what no one else can. They end up working together against a dangerous enemy. Can they go their separate ways if they succeed with their mission?

It's an interesting and fun story with the elements of love, danger action and humour.

Book 2
Cat Love by Sunni
S.F. Benson
Jun 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an Advanced Reader Copy in exchange for an honest review.

This anthology is freaking fantastic!!

"Beneath the Cape" is a wonderful celebration of all types of superheroes from all walks of life. Some of the heroes were very obvious (decked out in superhero garb) and others not so much.

All of the authors in this anthology are strong writers with a proven history of intriguing books populated with great characters. This collection doesn’t disappoint. It’s probably rare to like every story
Amber
Jun 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
One of the great things about this anthology is that there's a story for everyone who enjoys romance and superheroes.

In Reaping Angels you have a superhero and villain falling in love amongst kidnappings and threats. It reminded me of the classic comic book superheroes. I liked that.

In Cat Love Aidan was a self controlled man who was falling in love with Ulani, a sexy cat-woman while trying to help her control her superpower. The story was told solely in Aidan's point of view and considering Ai
Andrea
5 SuperStars!!!

*ARC received in return for an honest review

When I was asked to review Beneath The Cape, I didn't know much about it other than it was an anthology about heroes and villains, of the super kind and it was put together by 8 best selling authors for the sole purpose of celebrating our real life heroes, with the proceeds of the sales being donated to the Wounded Warrior Project. A very worthy cause indeed.
I didn't read any of the blurbs for the stories and went in blind. And oh b
Nicole Emerald Book Reviews  McCurdy
Nicole @ Nic's Novel Idea

Beneath the Cape is literally one of the best anthologies I've had the pleasure to read and what self-confessed Marvel expert and X-Men enthusiast wouldn't love the chance to read an eclectic and terrifically well written set of books based on heroes, superheroes and sexy evil villains (thank you Tom Hiddleston for making bad looks so good).

What was fantastic about Beneath the Cape is that each and every story is completely remarkable and utterly different, ranging from
Kristin
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
~~ARC provided by author for honest review~~

Before I started this anthology I was very sceptical about how I would like it. I love movies about super heroes but I was worried I wouldn't like to read about their stories. But I can honestley say that I LOVED this whole anthology.I didn't expect that so I was really surprised...in the best way! Every short story is different but if I had to rate them all individually I would rate them between 4.5 and 5 stars.
They show us other sides of the supe
Shannon
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, anthology
What a fantastic collection of stories benefiting an amazing organization, the Wounded Warrior Project! Even if I wasn't familiar with any of the authors I would have picked this anthology up for that reason alone.

I was lucky enough to receive an arc of this book before it was released, and I have loved everyone of the stories. I was only familiar with a few of the authors at first, D. Nicole King, Cheryl McIntyre, and Sunniva Dee, but now that I've had a chance to read some of the other ones in
Tamara
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is simply an amazing anthology with a spectacular collection of stories written by some very talented authors. And you know what the best part of all is about this collection? The proceeds benefit the Wounded Warrior Project!

The stories in this anthology center on Superheroes and that is what the real men and women who fight every day are to us – the real heroes. They risk their lives for us – fight for our freedom – our HEROES. But this fight does not come without cost. The men and women
Simone Smith
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This Anthology was created by 8 authors coming together with the sole purpose of benefiting the Wounded Warrior Project, a charity focused on helping the men and women wounded in service and needing financial support.

So having said that on to my review...

I am not going to write about every individual story in this Anthology, as I think that every author's story that fills up this brilliant medley of Super Heroes and Villains needs to be read just knowing that each one has a very unique plotline,
Kimber Wheaton
Shelves: new-adult
I was lucky enough to receive the ARC in exchange for an honest review

I adore anthologies. They are a great way to discover new authors. When they also benefit a fantastic cause, well you just can't go wrong. Each story in this anthology is novella length, and they are all quite enjoyable. I read it on the lanai of our vacation rental in Grand Cayman. Perfect summer reading.

One thing I really liked was how different the stories were, and yet they all seemed to mesh together so well. I love a goo
TLBC
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing

My Review: (ARC provided)

*Five I love this collection stars!*

Wow, what a great concept and wonderful way to help support the Wounded Warrior Project. Who doesn't love a hero? Every story in this book is distinct in it's own way. And some of the stories definitely leave you wanting more. In fact I'm anxious now to see where they are going to go. Some of them were darker, some were magical, some were suspenseful, some were hot and filled with sexual tension and som
Jo
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Anthologies can be tricky to review, given that there is often one or more stories which the reader will find less enjoyable,for whatever reason. As a result, the review mark given to such collections is, in my case at least, averaged out over the stories.

I am pleased to report that with this collection of stories, there is no weakest link; no filler. This is most definitely an eminently enjoyable romp through each author’s idea of what makes a hero.

With such a variety of authors, each of the st
Manda Kelley
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Manda's 5 Star Review

What a truly amazing anthology by an amazingly talented group of authors!! I absolutely loved every story in this anthology. I have my favorites of course and then those that left me wanting more but every one of these stories brought something special to the table. From true super heroes to everyday heroes, this is just an amazing read. I have been a fan of some of these authors for a long time and some of them I had never heard of before, but after reading this I will defi
Karen
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for an honest review.

Loved it! I love that this book benefits the Wounded Warrior Project!

I loved all the stories I read in this book. There was great diversity in each story. Once I started reading I could not stop! This book introduced me to some new authors that I will be looking for their next new release and checking out their previous books! Who doesn't love great Superhero's and even Villians? This book had action, romance, suspense and heartbreak. It had it all and sti
Tracy
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
I will say that overall I enjoyed the stories. It is interesting to see the shape of hero through the eyes of all these different authors. Some are typical superheroes, some are ordinary people who are capable of accomplishing seemingly ordinary things, but they change someone else’ world. I think this is an amazing idea, and I bought the book because it supports a great cause. This is only available for a short time, so I would suggest highly that you buy this book too.

Read the rest of the revi
Sydnee Walsh
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I got this ARC from Sunniva Dee for an honest review.
I would have to say all the stories were amazing. The way they kept you on the edge of your seat was nice. Some of the stories had cliffhangers, while some were ended in conclusions that left nothing to question.
I loved that these authors got together for a great cause and came up with these great stories. I would have anyone and everyone read these stories, not just for the great cause but for the amazing tales! The superhero aspects was gr
JT
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved Reaping Angels by Laura Thalassa! I really like the world she created & am hoping that we'll see more of it in full length novels... Pretty please? She just made such a fun dialogue between the main characters that you can't help but want to know more about their world & how their stories go. Loved the ending & can't wait for more from this talented author. This was a fun read you won't regret buying.

I received an ARC of Reaping Angels in exchange for a honest review.
Jen
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a great group of stories from amazing and talented authors. The stories were fun, crazy, sexy, out of the box kind of stories that sucked you in. My only complaint is that most end with a cliffhanger. I HATE cliffhangers, but I'm really looking forward to reading more of these stories. They were creative and I really enjoyed them. I can't wait to see how they end...This is a great book for a great cause! ...more
Kim Light
Jun 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This review is for Gypsy Love by Angela Mcpherson and Lynn Vroman. This is such a creative twist on a love story. You definitely won't expect what happens at the end!! These are two talented writers that when combined makes an even more amazing story! I hope they expand this into bigger book! I can't wait to see what happens next! ...more
Sarah Lively
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing..seriously these ladies have done an amazing job but don't take my word for it buy it ( it's for a great cause) and read it you'll see for yourself how great it is!! Happy reading ...more
Casey
Jun 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Almost done with this super hero anthology and I am a little frustrated as there are cliffhangers in nearly every one of the stories. Great price, great cause and most are pretty good beginnings.
Nicole
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was very lucky to receive an ARC of this amazing book! I wanted to be fair to the authors so I reviewed each story individually. So here it goes.

Reaping Angels by Laura Thalassa
I don't remember the last time I read an actual superhero story. Angel is a great superhero and X is a great super villain. For a short story there is a lot of action packed in. Great storyline that never really slowed and kept me wanting to read more.

Cat Love PT. 1: Super by Sunniva Dee
A cliffhanger?!?! Between the c
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was never big on Superheroes, but I could not put this book down! I can not wait for the conclusions of these stories! They are all so different, but captivating!

Reaping Angels
A villain who kills anyone he touches, till one day he runs into Angel who his touch doesn't. And he becomes fascinated with the one female his touch doesn't kill. Will he remain the villain he has always been or become a hero to be with the one woman he can touch without killing her?

Cat Love
Ulani is a cat shape shifter
Judy
Jun 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-or-beta
Reading Anthologies are a great way to discover new authors. 6 of these authors are new to me, and I am so excited to read more from them!!

Each of these stories are completely different. Heroes come in many different shapes and forms and in these stories you get several varieties.
heroes ~ shifters ~ ghosts

In all honesty I had no clue what I was getting myself into! Christine Zolendz is one of my favorite authors. She said she was writing a story for an anthology raising money for Wound
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Wrong Author Linked to Book 14 39 Jun 26, 2015 09:53AM

• Pestilence (The Four Horsemen, #1)
  • Fashion Victime & Volte-Face (Bay Village #3)
  • The Vegas wedding: The Wedding girl bonus (Wedding planner t. 2)
  • Love me if you Cannes
  • Trois fois deux
  • Amazing Christmas
  • Quand l'amour s'en mail
  • Playboy (Manwhore, #5)
  • ZEN ALTITUDE (Prix des lecteurs)
  • Idol (VIP, #1)
  • Defying the Odds (Battered Hearts, #1)
  • Smooth Talking Stranger (Travises, #3)
  • Lift
  • Charmed
  • Friend-Zoned (Friend-Zoned, #1)
  • Brooklynaire (Brooklyn, #1)
  • Warnings & Wildfires
  • The Baller
Born and currently residing in Texas, Angela works as a nurse during the day and an author by night. She's addicted to cleaning, coffee, and fuzzy socks. When not spending time with her husband and their three children, working or writing, she's reading a good book or listening to music.

Connect with Angela: