Start by marking “The Dead of Winter (Seasons of Jefferson, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Dead of Winter (Seasons of Jefferson, #2)

The Dead of Winter

(Seasons of Jefferson #2)

4.64  ·  Rating details ·  121 Ratings  ·  96 Reviews
For one group of friends, a cruel, twisted fall changed everything.

Relationships. Trust. Destiny.

Now, living with the harsh consequences of their choices, is there hope to mend what fall has left broken?

Find out as the story continues.
Published November 24th 2015 by JT Authors (first published January 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Dead of Winter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dead of Winter

Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Cranky Stars!

MUST READ WHEN FALL BREAKS (Book one) FIRST...

For one group of teens, a cruel, twisted fall changed everything.

Relationships. Trust. Destiny.

Find out as the story continues.

Jenna Peyton Caden Brody Mason Kaitlyn Pistol Avery

Quote:
Janet
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A cruel, twisted fall changed everything for a group of teens in When Fall Breaks and we were left with a major cliffhanger. It is very strongly recommended you read book one before picking up this story as it picks up right back on that cliff.
This group of teens are now having to live with the harsh consequences of their choices. Relationships are tested. trust may be lost and what will become of their destiny? Will the dead of winter bring them hope of mending what fall broke?
The story continu
Rosie Snowdon
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding book!!!

I thought book 1 was good but authors Julie Solano and Tracy Justice have taken their writing style to a new level in this book and it is nothing short of exceptional.

Tracey Quintin
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
EYE OPENING RIVETING EMOTIONALLY CHARGED MUST READ

I've got to say I so love these authors! They know how to knock it out of the ballpark with their writing!

I HIGHLY recommend you read Book 1, When Fall Breaks, BEFORE reading this story so you can truly "feel" every single moment of this story.

I don't give away spoilers in my reviews so this will be SUPER hard because this story is FULL of so many things I want to mention! Thus, I'm leaving out anything pertaining to these characters I love.

I
My Own Bookshelves
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Amy Ellena
Recommended to My Own by: ARC
So you love fiction? You are a big fan of Young Adult? Need intrigue - that need to turn the page to find out what's going to happen next because you think you've figured it out? This book is more than a young adult/coming of age story. It's lessons learned by life experiences, and how we deal with them emotionally to be able to move forward.

This is Kaitlyn, Caden, Jenna and Brody's story as it continued from "When Fall Breaks". Although authors Julie Solano & Tracy Justice have crafted an e
Darlene Avery
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Dead Of Winter by Julie Solano & Tracy Justice

The Dead Of Winter, which focuses on a group of close knit teenagers, picks up where When Fall Breaks ended; and has one of the most gripping epilogues you will ever read.
Kaitlyn, Brody, Caden, Jenna, Mason, Peyton, and Marissa are all fighting to survive one of the worst scenarios ever in the dead of winter.

Julie Solano & Tracy Justice left their readers hanging on the edge of a cliff at the end of the first book, and had us all biting
Kelly
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Quote:
~ Like a snowflake on the wind, fate has a way of picking you up and setting you down right where you belong. Though you may not know where you’re headed, sometimes it’s best to enjoy the ride. Trusting that you are part of a larger plan. ~

MUST READ WHEN FALL BREAKS (Book one) FIRST...
Julie Solano and Tracey Justice are simply the best co-authors that I've ever read. Their combined talent is unmatched to the point that you can't tell that this series is written by two instead of one. Absol
For the Love of Books
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing

The descriptions of every location are so clearly written that I can envisage them in my mind. The intensity at the start was needed to get us all from that cliff edge we were hanging on. I had tears because of Peyton's suffering. I am hoping we see her find herself again. Jenna, we all need a friend like her, someone who can ease
Jennifer Zamora
Dec 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5
I really enjoyed this book. Although there is a prologue, I have to say I am a little envious of those that have read book one. I assume it is written as well as this one, and the prologue doesnt do it justice. That being said, thanks to the prologue and the way this one is written I did not feel lost. I was able to follow this wonderful story AND its characters through till the end. I am definitely now a fan of Julie and Traceys.
This book is about a group of friends, although the POV is of t
Alison Bailey
Dec 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I feel like I have to write this review in two parts. Part one as a reader and part two as an author.

Reader: One of the things I like most about this series is that the core characters are a group of great young people with great values. Sure they make mistakes like all of us do, but at their center they are fantastic role models for the age group The Jefferson Series is meant for.

The Dead of Winter is a continuation of the story started in When Fall Breaks, only this time we see things throug
Tracy Justice
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: Young Adults
Shelves: favorites
This book was written with young readers in mind, even though all ages can enjoy the country romance theme. Get ready for some twists and turns. We will show our readers the dangers of keeping secrets from family and friends.

As we started writing When Fall Breaks, we decided each book would have a message to our readers. The first book dealt with underage drinking, substance abuse, and the struggles women face while dealing with domestic violence. Many readers have contacted us and shared their
Eli
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh, Julie Solano and Tracy Justice, the two of you! If you have read When Fall Breaks, you understand this statement. If you haven't read it, please do before reading The Dead of Winter.

The two authors did it again. Another great book to this series. I was instantly drawn in from page one.....of course the last page of When Fall Breaks left me biting my fingernails. It did not matter. I was right back with the crew. Kaitlyn, Brody, Jenna, Mason, Peyton and Caden. This really is Caden's story.

H
Julie Solano
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: favorite-books
The Dead of Winter is the second book in the Seasons of Jefferson series, and hopefully brings somewhat of a resolution to the major cliffhanger we left the readers with in When Fall Breaks. Many questions will be answered, but this book is sure to leave you guessing until the very end. Unlike, When Fall Breaks, book two carries a more serious tone. We work hard to keep our books fast paced and interesting for reluctant readers, so there are many unexpected twists and turns, as well as light hum ...more
Maria Angie Mendoza
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Dead of Winter picks up right at the cliffhanger of When Falls Break, so the reader is strongly encouraged to read book 1. And let me tell you, you will not be disappointed!
This was a tough review to write, because this is a truly unique story of a group of teens coming of age dealing with some tough, taboo issues following a near fatal accident. Recovery has them examining their relationships with each other. This is a highly intense and emotional story that begs the question things are not alw
Renee Kennedy
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am blown away by the talent of these two ladies. They had me on the edge of my seat the whole time! Everybody needs a friend like Jenna, who's will to brave cold water to kick some butt for you! I had many different emotions in this book. I recommend this book for all ages.
dreamerinexile
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, arc, best-friends
HONESTLY THEY DO IT AGAIN.

Review to come soon.
Lustful Literature
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
**DEBBIE'S REVIEW**

This is the second book in this series and I could not wait to dig in because that first one ended in a HUGE CLIFFHANGER!!!

This book picked up where the first one left off and right away I was at the edge of my see waiting for all the questions to be answered. I loved the plot twists that the authors threw at me. I few of them I thought were well thought out and really made sense and kept me turning the pages to find out what was going to happen next.

“I know about my gun and
Dani
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
**Update Feb 26, 2018**
Did a re-read again with a buddy and I still enjoyed the story. Am looking forward to new release from these authors.

Emotionally charged 5 *

I strongly recommend reading book one-When Fall Breaks- because The Dead of Winter drops you from the cliffhanger of book 1 that you've been suspended on.

The authors weave a story so well of the consequences of underage drinking and the reality of PTSD and move the characters forward into new chances and finding strength to carry on.
Christina Rhoads
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The ending of When Fall Breaks left me broken and full of questions, suffering a massive book hangover. When I was finally able to get my hands on The Dead of Winter my heart soared knowing I would get some resolution, and I gobbled this book right up. I've struggled with how to write this review without giving away spoilers and realize it's impossible. I've decided instead of giving spoilers I will say that it was wonderful to catch up with the Jefferson HS kids/young adults. We learn just how ...more
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Jun 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Dead of Winter is book two in the Seasons of Jefferson. It can not be read as a standalone, you must read When Fall Breaks first. The Dead of Winter picks up where When Fall Breaks left off. After the huge cliffhanger at the end of When Fall Breaks, I couldn't wait to read this one.

The story continues with Kaitlyn, Brody, Jenna, Mason, Peyton and Caden. We find out where everyone stands after the crazy thing that happened at the end of When Fall Breaks. Everyone is affected differently. My
Candy
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Oh. My. Goodness! I don’t know how much my heart can handle from these two fabulous authors! Julie Solano and Tracy Justice have yet again delivered a poignantly beautiful tale that left my heart racing, my blood pumping, and my love of the young adult genre renewed. Dead of Winter is the second book in the Seasons of Jefferson series and because of some serious possible spoilers, I’ll keep my review short and sweet.

“Maybe you should see him so you know what he’s been through. It might help you
Steph's Romance Book Talk
This book picks up after the MAJOR cliffhanger of When Fall Breaks. In this book we see through the eyes of Caden, Kaitlyn's twin brother. How things are affecting him after the traumatic events of the Fall. This book deals with PTSD and provides a well thought out look at a mental health issues that needs to be discussed openly and honestly. Another bit of a cliffhanger but nothing like the first book even if it leaves you wanting to know more. I can hope that there will be another book, maybe ...more
Dale Wallis
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oops they did it again!

Another cliff hanger, but not as harsh! These two authors are amazing! I couldn't wait to see what happened next, but I also knew that it meant the book was going to end sooner. I am now experiencing a book hangover! I can't wait to see what happens in book three. As for The Dead of Winter I was on edge the whole time to see what the group was going to experience next. This book was mysterious, a love story and funny at times. It brought back all the emotions that high sch
Kristy
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The tale continues...

With twists and turns, new relationships, broken hearts, mystery, and love this book continues the tale of a group of kids who have been traumatized by a horrific event. As the pieces of truth come to light you discover that people are not always who you really think they are.
Amy Harrison
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!!! They did it again!! They had me hooked from page 1 till the last page. A real page turner.
Caden and Peyton are rescued and taken to the hospital after a nasty accident. Peyton almost lost her life, Caden suffered major injuries,both physical and emotional.
All Caden wanted to do is see his precious Peyton, and when he finally seen her, she wanted nothing to do with him. She hated him and wanted nothing to do with him. Giving everything back that he ever gave her. Being completely devastat
Angela
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

‘The Dead of Winter’ is the second book in the Seasons of Jefferson Series by Julie Solano and Tracy Justice. This book continues on from the events in ‘When Fall Breaks’ (Book #1) and really needs to be read after the first book to really get all the relevant details, character information and an understanding of the storyline, so you can have the best possible reading experience of this book. The story has drama, heartache, intrigue, difficult circumstances, tested relationship/s, and m
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
Julie Solano and Tracy Justice have written another phenomenal book. This book will make you cry, sit on the edge of your seat, scared, and fall in love. I loved the connection between all the characters throughout the storyline.

I was scared after a twisted fall on the side of the mountain changes the relationships of some of the teens. The friendship between Caden and Jenna was amazing to read about, the way she was always there for him was special. The severity of Peyton's injuries saddened m
Gianna Santanello
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m so glad I decided to read this series! This is the second book in the series and you have to read the first one before this to understand. I thought When Fall Breaks was good but this one was even better! I was heartbroken and cried so much reading this. I felt so bad for all of the kids and how that crash ruined them and they’re happy and tore them apart. So glad they were able to finally get almost back to themselves towards the end. I can’t wait for the next book! I need to find out what ...more
Krista
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dead of Winter picks up right where When Fall Breaks left off. Book two focuses on Cadon and how he copes with his life after the tragedy on the mountain. I love the interaction between him and Tangles. She had some of the best lines and had my cracking up! This cannot be read as a stand alone. You will need to read book 1 to know what is going on. And like book 1, book 2 will leave you hanging!! Give me book 3, STAT!!
Aurora (Whoo Gives A Hoot)
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
As soon as I finished When Fall Breaks I immediately dove right into The Dead of Winter because I couldn't wait a second longer to see what happened next, especially after that cliffhanger ending. The characters are now trying to deal with their consequences from the first book along with a ton of new twists and turns thrown in for good measure.

Julie Solano and Tracy Justice once again take readers on an amazing journey with the second book in the
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Julie Solano is a native of Northern California. She is a wife and mother of two. Julie attended college at California State University, Chico. She earned her Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, with a minor in Child Development. She went on to study education, and currently teaches at a middle school in Northern California. Julie is passionate about her family, faith, and education. In her spare tim ...more

Seasons of Jefferson (3 books)
  • When Fall Breaks (Seasons of Jefferson, #1)
  • Secrets of Spring (Seasons of Jefferson, #3)