Start by marking “Death By Poison (Nova Ladies Adventures, #2)” as Want to Read:
Death By Poison (Nova Ladies Adventures, #2)

Death By Poison

(Nova Ladies Adventures #2)

Surviving an abusive husband, Megan starts fresh with her daughter Sally hoping that her future will be better than her past. Offering to clean out an old cabin on the ranch, Megan uncovers a murder that has gone unsolved for 25 years. Clues in an old journal, missing money, and blackmail are reasons for poisoning Megan, but will it keep the past from being uncovered?

Mega
Published May 4th 2015 by Alathia Paris Morgan (first published 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Death By Poison, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death By Poison

Start your review of Death By Poison (Nova Ladies Adventures, #2)
Richelle Robinson
Jul 11, 2016 rated it liked it
We pick up right where "Ding Dong Is She Dead?" leaves off. I enjoyed this book a lot more. We had more character development and the backstory on Mark and his mother was very sad. Megan has a lot of issues she's dealing with and I like that the author didn't gloss over them. The mystery aspect of the story held my attention and didn't see that coming at all. I love the secondary characters and how they all made Megan and Sally feel apart of the family. I hope there will be a novella in the futu ...more
Sheila
Sep 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Death by Poison? picks up where Ding Dong! Is She Dead? ends. Megan has collapsed and the story is told in flashback back to the time where Mike dies up to her Megan's collapse. There is more going on than we knew. Megan becomes part of the family since she and Sally are living on the ranch. Mark is in love with her. She is going through Mark's family's home to clean it out when she comes across Mark's mother's journals. In there is the reason why she died but no one wants to believe her until t ...more
Heather andrews
Jul 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I know it's not supposed to be entertaining but seriously a drunk Mark, "carefully stepping down, he didn’t see the kitten at the bottom. Stepping on it, the poor thing let out a horrible screech. Mark reached down and picked up the little thing, holding it to his chest he stroked it trying to calm it down. “It’s okay kitten. I didn’t mean to step on you. Will you be alright?” He held it cradled in his hand while stroking its fur with his other. “I don’t think anything is broken.” More humor, ma ...more
Amy Harrison
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Will Megan ever truly be happy?? That was the 1st question I asked myself as I started reading this book.
Megan is starting to put her life back together after the death of her abusive husband. She moved into a little house in the property belong to her BFF’S Allie husbands family. His mom GG considered her and Sally as family. As payment for letting them live in the farm house, Megan was given the task of cleaning out GG’s sisters Anne’s home that was abandoned after her death.
While clearing o
Lisa Marie Barrera
OMFG!! ALATHIA PARIS MORGAN Did it Again!! DEATH BY POISON is a Very Suspenseful Thriller Storytelling! I Loved that it Picked Up Right where Ding Dong! Is She Dead left off right from the start! Once I started, I couldn’t put it down and Instantly wanna know what is going to happen next!
Megan and Allie are at it again but this time it's more focused on Megan. After the death of her husband Mike, things start happening to Megan that somehow cannot be explained.
Megan and Sally are moving forwar
Nicole Studioso
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lots of action, mystery and high hijiinks!!

Great second book in the Nova Ladies Murder mystery series. It was great to catch up with the characters from the previous book, Ding Dong! Is She Dead? such as Allie and Justin, and to meet the extended Greenley family. This book centers on the abused wife from book 1, Megan Butts, and her slow but steady entry into a life free from abuse and new self-confidence. She's the object of obsession for a stalker, and it all ties into the Greenley family hist
Vivian Walston neilson
Bad cops, old family secrets, misconceptions and new love!

I enjoyed the strange twists and the loving familial concepts in this book. I enjoy book series and the intermingled characters as it brings a realistic continuity to the stories. This was a new author for me but now I am looking forward to getting the previous book and the one that follows this one. My four star rating is because the ending came too soon and too abruptly to suit me. I also got a kick out of the pun on the Nova (Avon) lad
Shelly Wygant
In this second book in the series it focuses on Megan who just can't get a break. She has more problems in this story with someone who doesn't want her to discover a past secret.

What I liked about this story:
- All great characters from the first book
- It keeps you guessing who the stalker is
- Just the right amount of suspense, angst and romance

I gave this 3 stars for two reasons. I wish there was more focus on Anna's journals. I think that would have added so much more to the story. Megan was s
Bella
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the first book in this series but felt disconnected from the characters a bit. This book was so, so much better! Some loose ends were tied up, the story flowed well from the previous book, but most importantly all the characters were given the attention and care they required to really flourish. I really enjoyed this book!!
Mandy
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Death by poison

Very easy read I enjoyed this book more than the first, I liked that I was unable to guess who the person was and that he flowed pretty good, ready to read the next book!
LidiasChoice De Jager
Megan and Mark

Mysterious, emotional and fun. Good follow up to book 1. Nicely written. Lots of characters to keep track of. I was left with a few unanswered questions. Would have loved some of the riddles to be resolved in more detail.
Thea Butler
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book better than the first one. Love GG and Sally. Loved how the mystery tied up together from the past to the future. Can't wait to see see what happens next in the Nova Ladies Adventures.
Deirdre Stokes
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I do love me a mystery book and this book had just the right amount of twist and turns for me. The characters like Allie and Megan were great and I sure did enjoy Sally and GG too. There were a couple of mistakes in the book but it didn't take away from how good the book is.
Jennifer Richey
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!!!

I loved reading this fun mystery and crazy twists in the book! This is the 2nd book in the series and it goes along with the first book! Allie and Megan these two never seem to have a dull moment in their lives I’m looking forward to the next book!
Linda Buzard-Moffitt
Great Story

This was a another really good story in the Nova Ladies Adventure Series. I would have given this book five stars if not for the mistakes throughout the book. There were not so many that I could not read the story and enjoy it though. Now on to read book #3.
Kathi
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was so much better than the first one. The same characters were there so there was a familiarity with book. There was definitely not the filler I felt the first one had.
Charles Ray
Jun 29, 2015 rated it liked it
After her abusive husband, Mike, is killed Megan tries to start life anew with her daughter, Sally. But, the past refuses to stay in the past. As she’s cleaning out the house of Anne, the sister of her friend, G.G., she finds papers that indicate that Anne might not have committed suicide as everyone thought. When she’s later poisoned and barely survives, it’s certain that there’s a murderer on the loose. The problem: finding him—or her—before someone else dies.
I received a free copy of Death by
Ellie Midwood
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
After reading the first book in the series I couldn’t wait to get my hands on the sequel, and it certainly didn’t disappoint! Megan once again is in the thick of it, when, after hoping that all the horrors of her abusive marriage were in the past, she can’t shake off feeling that she’s being watched. Discovering mysterious journals, belonging to her new boyfriend Mark’s mother, Anne, only adds to her doubts that Anne was killed by her secret stalker instead of dying of natural causes, and now it ...more
Peggy
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
**SPOILER FREE**

**WARNING** Can be a sensitive subject!

Another well written book by this author. Again, this is an easy to follow book. The story plot and characters are diffidently taking you on a ride. This one picks right up where book one left off so I would strongly recommend that you follow this series in order. Page turner for me as I found that I completed this book quicker than expected. This is a series that I hope to see more from!

*Received for an honest review*
Teresa Kander
I started this book in hopes that it might be better than the first one. After about three chapters, I realized that it was not, and gave up. Again, I can't understand all the ratings of four and five stars, as it was full of grammatical errors which, for me, made it nearly impossible to read.

**I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are entirely my own.**
Darlene Cruz
Sep 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a delightful and entertaining read. I read this book in no time and was satisfied with the humor and the disorder of things but most of all the plot. The characters were easy to understand and follow which made the story more intense as the mystery unfolded. Did you feel the ominous dread that was left hanging in this book, I sure did! Great job. I received a free book that I had won through Goodreads First Read Giveaway. Thank you, Darlene Cruz
Lorraine
Sep 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-star, mystery
Take a close-knit family of good solid characters, stir in some tension, mystery, humor and romance and you've got an entertaining read that kept me guessing 'til the end.

Angel Lee
Secondbook and just as good as the first ! Mystery, romance, suspense, and love all make up this book. Cant wait for the third one !
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Floris
Aug 19, 2019
Mohammed Sekouty
Jun 23, 2016

• Diesel (Hellbound Lovers MC, #7)
  • Gunner (Hellbound Lovers MC, #6)
  • Visions of Death (The Gypsy's Curse, #1)
  • All the Little Pieces (Omega Security #2)
  • Unexpected Vows (Misty Grove #3)
  • Knox (Hellbound Lovers MC, #8)
  • The Other Sister (Sister Series, #1)
  • A Change of Pace (Northern Lights, #3)
  • 192: One Ninety-Two
  • Cabin 12 (Rock Point, #2)
  • Dirty, Bruised Martini
  • Extra Quiet (The Quiet Series #3)
  • The Best Friend (Sister, #3)
  • Quiet & Kilted (The Quiet Series #1)
  • Saving Grace  (Misty Grove #2)
  • Crazy Quiet (The Quiet Series #2)
  • Someone To Come Back To
  • Rosie’s Travelling Tea Shop
Alathia Paris Morgan is a full-time Avon Independent Sales Representative who loves her customers and what she does. Helping others comes with the territory as do the funny stories.
After the death of her brother in 2013, she decided that life was a lot shorter than she had planned. So she began writing with NANOWRIMO Camp in April. After starting the story, she realized that the ladies in her book

Nova Ladies Adventures (2 books)
  • Ding Dong! Is She Dead? (Nova Ladies Adventures #1)