Start by marking “Fahrenheit” as Want to Read:
Fahrenheit

Fahrenheit

(Fahrenheit #1)

Lauren Michaels is exhausted with the push and pull of copy editing for Los Angeles’s woman’s magazine, Frenzy, which caters to pop culture, style, and above all, sex.

She wants to write for the magazine rather than edit, but her boss is convinced that Lauren’s conservative tendencies won’t fit in with the risqué nature of what Frenzy is about.

Convinced to make her mark, L
Published September 22nd 2015 (first published 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Fahrenheit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fahrenheit

Sybil aka Lala
Lauren is the bookish girl next door who is everyone’s best friend and can always be depended on by those around her. It’s almost taken for granted by everyone that she will always be in the background. When an opportunity arises to further her career and for her to snag her dream job at the magazine she works for, she grabs it with both hands. The only problem? Somehow, straight-laced, good girl Lauren needs to infiltrate LA’s underground sex club scene.

As luck would have it Lauren meets one Na
Grace
Dec 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can a control obsessed/missionary-position type girl ler down her guard and put her trust in someone else? That's the ultimate question when Lauren "Lo" Michaels gets an assignment to explore the sex club scene in LA, in order to obtain a promotion with her magaizine.

What Lauren, her boss, her roommate, and just about everyone else, didn't expect, is that she'd explore that scene on a personal level. This all happens with an invitation to Fahrenheit, LA's dark secret club, made to her by a stran
Komal Chandwani
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-fun-reads
Fahrenheit is everything. It brings curiosity, adventure, pleasure, humor, comic, references, panty melting Nate, pain, relief, love. Its an entire package deal. This is, by far, my favourite erotic-romance read.It is not your average book! This read is filled with so much emotion be it passion, fun, or love. I've personally enjoyed every word of this story from start to the end.

Alex Rosa has brilliantly presented this story to her readers. The execution of the story and the way it is styled, i
Ashley
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I recieved a copy for an honest review.
I LOVED this book! It is hot, steamy and a little funny! I could definitely relate to Lauren and felt almost like we were the same person. Lauren wants a promotion to journalist at the magazine she works for. Her boss, and friend, gives her an "impossible" assignment that ends up getting Lauren into the most exclusive sex club in L.A., Fahrenheit. I am so anxiously awaiting Garret's Fahrenheit story!
RentasticReads
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am stunned. I don't know why I'm so surprised with how much I freaking enjoyed reading this book! I'm still craving for more! The entire thing is witty, funny, sassy, steamy and seriously blush worthy. I was flipping the pages like crazy. I couldn't stop reading it! It's such a quick read, but it's jam-packed with scenes that will leave you breathless. Literally. There was never a dull moment. Plus, the fun and cool comic book references were such a stark contrast to the burning hotness of the ...more
Jessica Settle
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this for free for an honest review!

Lauren Michael's is about to embark on a journey she never quite imagined. She is way out of her comfort zone when she takes an assignment of a lifetime. She wants to prove to her boss she has what it takes to be a journalist and not just an editor. She has agreed to test the waters into the world of wild sex investigating the popularity of sex clubs and get the story to prove she has what it takes! She ends up meeting Nathan Sanders who wants to sh
Selin'
Nov 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i didn't think i would like this book when i first stumbled upon it.....

but guess what? I LOVED IT!

it suprised me by how easily i went through the book without having the need to take a breather. I also loved the end of the book, with announcing Garrett's upcoming part.
Katherina [Book-o-Craze]
Originally posted on Book-o-Craze, on a tour hosted by InkSlinger PR.

This book was just amazing! Fun, witty, smart, steamy and down-right hilarious at points, it had me all reeled in a chaos of feelings right from the very first chapter! I even laughed out loud in many occasions, something that started happening even from the second page.

Lauren has been working for her magazine as a print editor for quite a while. But, she has gotten bored of it. So, when a promotion is offered to her by her bos
Nikole Bloom
Aug 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fahrenheit by Alex Rosa is a story reminiscent of the movie How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, a movie I loved. While Fahrenheit might remind me of that particular movie, the book is much steamier. Fahrenheit is an exclusive sex club in Los Angeles and is about to be investigated by a want to be journalist.

Lauren in an editor at a popular women’s magazine and wants a promotion to journalist. In order to win her promotion she has to write a story of the hidden underworld of sex in Los Angeles. Out to
Katie Burgess
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fahrenheit has been a book I've been looking forward to since I heard about it on Alex Rosa's Facebook page, and through her Street Team; Once I got my hands on an ebook copy, it was only going to be a matter of time before I knew I needed a paperback copy. The moment I read the first page, I was hooked. As a reader, you start off on this journey with Lauren, thinking, okay, what is she going to get herself into, and how badly is it going to end up?

From that moment on, as cliche as it sounds, yo
C
Sep 23, 2015 rated it liked it
For a book that describes itself as exploring the underworld of sex clubs it’s curiously vanilla.
Slight plot spoilers...
(view spoiler)
Erin Lewis
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 star review of Fahrenheit by Alex Rosa

Lauren Michaels wants to become a writer for the magazine where she currently works as a copy editor. When she is challenged to prove herself by writing an expose on the growing popularity of sex clubs in Los Angeles she is confident she can pull it off. The issue, no-one, including her boss or her

Totally out of her comfort zone she decides to start with investigating sex shops in the hopes that this leads her to connections with sex clubs in the area. T
Anna
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
***I received this book in exchange for an honest review from the author.***

I was a big fan of Alex Rosa's previous book, Tryst, so when I saw her release this book, I knew I'd have to get my hands on it.

This book did not disappoint. I already knew I was going to LOVE Nate and I totally did. I also LOVED Lauren's character...she was SO relateable (I feel like this is a trend for me in regards to Alex Rosa, she writes incredibly relateable characters!).

I loved the aspect of Fahrenheit. Probably o
Megan
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Dude. So I finished this book in a day.

It's smut, but really funny smut. So be warned. You will be at your kids school, waiting to pick up your kid. Your going to start cracking up and another mom is going to be like "what's so funny?" And can you really start talking about dildos in the pick up line? I think that's a line that should not be crossed. No dildo talk at a place where there is also a swing set..

But the book was great. So funny, the characters were awesome. Nate wasn't just another
Anita
Sep 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Started and finished this in a couple hours. Couldn't put it down. Just had to see what was in store for the lessons. Loved the batter between Lauren and Nate. Sizzling chemistry between them as well. Kind of bugged me how easy it was for her to say yes to his proportion. She just met him in asked store! Wish there was more of an epilogue but can't wait for Garrett's story.
Amy
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Received this book from the author for an honest review. Great characters, great storyline, well-written, steamy, with a little romance and a little humor. I love Batman/Nate's character and once coupled with Lauren the sparks flew. I found myself at times feeling bad for Garrett and I look forward to reading more about him later. I really enjoyed this book and can't wait to read more.
Danielle Melo (Woodside)
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Holy hell batman.
this book is amazing. Alex never misses a beat with Nate and Lauren. This book is highly addictive & sexy. I can't wait see where Alex goes with Garretts book. keep it coming Alex! lol
Carol Miller
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW! AMAZING! This is, by far, one of the greatest erotic romances I've ever read. Definitely in my Top 5 and one that is worth rereading and not alot of books are worth that.
This is one of those books where the characters are so well written that you can't help but to get emotionally invested. I laughed, I got nervous, I got angry and I cried right along with Lauren. It's very difficult to read through tears but I couldn't put it down.
This story shows what other books and movies have shown, it'
Mary Baird
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alex Rosa is a new author to me so I went into this book without any expectations. What I discovered was a refreshing story with a somewhat devious story line that I totally enjoyed. Who would have thought of what was instore for the two main characters? Much less the panty melting sexcapades.

Lauren Michaels is a copy editor who is seriously bored with her current job. There is nothing more that she would love than to become a journalist for Frenzy Magazine, the company she is employed by. So he
Luna
Aug 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sex. A taboo subject that has graced our literature in many forms. Not all books with sex are good. Most are the most disgustingly written books to grace the shelves of the supermarkets but for some reason they fly off the shelves. But erotica done right… Not only will you get the steamy sex scenes that are very graphic, but you will also get a good storyline, well-defined characters and something that is actually enjoyable. Fahrenheit is one such story.

I must state here that I received an ARC o
Emerald Delmara
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fahrenheit is a fiercely entertaining read, right from it's first sentence.

I have to admit, when reading the very beginning of chapter one, I had to laugh aloud. Then, of course, I was hooked by the knowledge that, while I had figured out that Lauren was in a sex shop, I was in the dark as to why when she was so obviously embarrassed on an almost puritanical level (even though that character quirk just contributed more to her charm).

Then comes along Nate, who is dark, broody, and sinfully hand
Carlene Inspired
Aug 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review.

Lauren Michaels has been tasked with the impossible. At 26, she's the innocent best friend of a player and the Editor-in-Cheif at Frenzy, a risque Women's magazine. She wants more out her career, but her boss and friend doesn't believe her conservative ways will make her the best journalist. Her task is simple for anyone not this innocent, find out about the underground sex culture and sex clubs in Los Angeles. She's been hit by a
Jessica Tarrats
Oct 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone interested in NA
Lauren Michaels is a copy editor at Frenzy magazine but she wants to be a journalist. Her boss is content with Lauren’s work but has given her an assignment that Lauren hopes will lead to a full time writing position. The assignment she was given is to investigate sex clubs and the inner workings of the mysterious and sensual sex clubs in LA. Lauren is uncomfortable with this but accepts the challenge because she wants that job.

While Lauren is nervously exploring a sex shop, she is approached by
Eunice Lan
Sep 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The cover, the blurb and the whole story make this book SEXY AND AMAZING.

Lauren Michaels is the prude and innocence walking. When her boss gives the assignment to investigate and tell what happens behind the doors of the sex clubs of LA, she starts making her research because this is the only opportunity she will have to become a journalist in the magazine.

The story is very unique since the start when Lauren starts her investigation in a sex shop and there is where Nate sees the innocence plast
Natasha Rowlin
Jun 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
A fun, sexy read by Alex Rosa!

I have to be honest - erotica is not one of my go-to genres. I’m a fan of Alex’s writing and her spin on romance, and so I was definitely keen to see how she tackled this genre.

The premise was a lot of fun - Lauren, a somewhat innocent budding journalist who is desperate to prove herself suddenly finds herself in way over her head. The opening scene was pretty priceless! Enter mysterious tall handsome man who seems like the answer to every possible prayer she may h
Jackie Wright
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Star Review
I was given this book for a honest review
This is the first book by Alex Rosa that I have read and I'm looking forward to reading more.
Lauren Michael is up for promotion but in order to get that promotion she needs to write an article on the wild sex that goes on in the sex clubs of LA. The problem is Lauren is not a wild child in fact she has never been in a sex shop let alone a sex club ......
Lauren starts off in a sex shop and this is where she meets Nathan Sanders and the conve
Tara
Oct 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fahrenheit is told from a one person point of view; the main character Lauren Micheals. Lauren is an editor for a women's magazine in LA and longs to become a journalist. She practices control in all things in her life, but doesn't stand up or stand out to many. She is the wallflower type of girl that is comfortable in her own space and doing things her way.Being in the lime light or being the seductress has never been her style. She never really gave those things much thought because she figur ...more
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4.5 Stars!

This book was amazing. Sexy, sweet, and fun, this book will definitely be a top read of 2015 for me. From the very first page, I fell in love with everything about this book and before I knew it, I had devoured the entire thing. You will laugh, smile, swoon, and fall in love while reading this book.

This is Nathan and Lauren's story. Lauren is in quite a pickle and she isn't exactly sure what to do. She has been given an assignment that will either make or break her entire career. And w
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
Lauren Michaels has been given a make or break assignment from her boss at the women’s magazine she works for. This will give her the opportunity to become a full time writer, which is exactly what she is hoping for.

There is a slight problem: Lauren has to write about the elusive sex clubs in LA. Lauren is not experienced in the sex department at all. She would never venture to a sex and definitely wouldn’t have sex with a stranger; at least that what she thinks at first.

Lauren decides to take
Julie Barrett
Sep 16, 2015 rated it really liked it

Fahrenheit is such a fun book and it is oh so sexy. It is also hilarious in places, the author's sense of humour is fantastic. The scene where our heroine first meets the hero had me laughing out loud - which lead to me getting some very strange looks on the train! The storyline is interesting and the characters have more depth to them than I was expecting.

Lauren is a copy editor at a women's magazine, but she longs to be a writer. Not wanting to lose her as an editor, her boss sets 'prude' Laur
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Phantom of New York: Volume I - Peter and the Crown
  • Have Mercy
  • The Cupcake Caper (Undercover Cat, #1)
  • Full Share (Shore House, #1)
  • When It Hits You
  • Love and Other Games (A Very Sexy Short Story Collection)
  • Speed of Light (Marauders, #3.5)
  • Do You Believe in Santa? (Evergreen Lane #1)
  • The Lady Who Lived Again (Sole Survivor, #1)
  • In Her Defense (Time Served #2)
  • Mind of the Phoenix (The Memory Collector #1)
  • Disclosure of the Heart (The Heart, #2)
  • Careful What You Wish For: Not Your Average Fairytale
  • Surviving Redemption (Survivors’ Justice, #1)
  • The Casual Rule (The Casual Rule, #1)
  • Vacationista
  • Fool for You (For You, #1)
  • Life Shocks Romances Boxed Set, #1-4 (Life Shocks Romances, #1-4)
Alex Rosa lives in San Diego, California. When she isn’t scouring city parks or cafe’s to write she is more than likely trying to convince her friends to join her on her next adventure. A sufferer of wanderlust, she is always looking for a new mountain to climb, a canyon to hike, or a plane to board. Her resume consists of coroner, to working at a zoo, and most recently as an executive assistant, ...more

Fahrenheit (2 books)
  • Fahrenheit 2 (Fahrenheit, #2)