Start by marking “Grey (Fifty Shades as Told by Christian, #1)” as Want to Read:
Grey (Fifty Shades as Told by Christian, #1)

Grey

(Fifty Shades as Told by Christian #1)

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  130,076 ratings  ·  11,067 reviews
See the world of Fifty Shades of Grey anew through the eyes of Christian Grey.

In Christian's own words, and through his thoughts, reflections, and dreams, E L James offers a fresh perspective on the love story that has enthralled millions of readers around the world.

Christian Grey exercises control in all things; his world is neat, disciplined, and utterly empty—until the da/>
Published June 18th 2015 by Vintage

The Deal by Elle KennedyA Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. MaasConfess by Colleen HooverThe Girl on the Train by Paula HawkinsThe Mistake by Elle Kennedy
Best Books of 2015
2,867 books — 5,140 voters
Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesTwilight by Stephenie MeyerFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesGrey by E.L. James
Trees died for this?
919 books — 609 voters

More lists with this book...

·  130,076 ratings  ·  11,067 reviews

karen
Jun 02, 2015 marked it as oh-dear
my inner goddess is screaming out the safe word, but e.l. james is acting like we never set ground rules.

rutabaga
RUTABAGA!!
RUTABAGA!!!!!

it's like she doesn't understand how BDSM works!!!
oh, wait.

come to my blog!
Emily May
Jun 01, 2015 marked it as lost-interest
Oh, fantastic! A Fifty Shades of Grey told from Christian's perspective is just what the book world needed.

Raeleen Lemay
ok so this is the Midnight Sun that Twilight fans never got
Faye, la Patata
Jun 03, 2015 marked it as will-not-read
AM I THE ONLY ONE CREEPED THE FUCK OUT HE TALKS LIKE THIS PENIS IS A SEPARATE, LIVING ENTITY?

MUSIC TO MY DICK?! THE FUCK?!

LOL k

See more from buzzfeed here.

Edited to add again: Just like Midnight Sun, the manuscript for this one was stolen a week before release and is
Jasmine
DNF @ 5% aka Chap 3

My perception of Christian Grey is officially ruined and it seems that I've been living a lie.

I tried, I really did. But Grey's inner monologue was written terribly which butchered his character and had me eye-rolling at the absurdity of the way he talks in his head (the repetitive "baby" term nearly had me belting out a Bieber song). He sounded like a juvenile kid guy with these strange italic monologues and the inappropriate usage of exclamation marks. Just an example from th
Manny
Jun 03, 2015 marked it as not-to-read
Evidently this is intended as an homage to Midnight Sun, which given the roots of the Fifty Shades series is entirely appropriate and thematic. What I don't understand is why E.L. James didn't arrange for a crazed fan to hack into her computer, steal the draft and leak it over the web, causing her to abandon the project in disgust when it was still in an incomplete form. What's wrong with her? Doesn't she care?
________________________________

If you can't beat them, join them. No more carping an
Christy
Jun 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

photo f6c94767-373c-434f-b3b8-607ea3ffac98_zpsfprwupqy.jpg

Fifty Shades of Grey is a series I will always hold near and dear to my heart. I’ve been an avid reader most of my life, but Fifty was the book that jump started my reading. It got me to start reading more romance, and with that, I joined groups on goodreads and found so many indie books I may have never discovered and made many fr
Aestas Book Blog
Jun 01, 2015 marked it as to-read
Just announced: FIFTY SHADES from Christian's POV!

OMG!!!! How exciting!!! Releasing June 2015!

EL James announced that: "For the readers who wanted to read Fifty Shades of Grey from Christian Grey's POV -- on June 18 (Christian Grey's birthday) the book GREY: Fifty Shades of Grey told by Christian Grey will be released!"
_______________________

In Christian's own words, and through his thoughts, and reflections, and dreams. E.L. James offers a fresh perspective on the love sto
Navessa
Jun 01, 2015 marked it as stahp
Fuck no.
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
I actually downloaded this from the library as a potential back-up plan to get me out of jury duty. Turns out it wasn't necessary because Friday I received word the case had settled and my super qualified and totally not-judgey services wouldn't be necessary after all. Buuuuuuuuuuuut I figure you can't make bad decisions all year unless you start on January 1 so I decided to read this today.

My reaction upon the announcement of yet another Stephanie Meyer rip-off and a "Grey" story rather than a "Rising
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

Of course I’m looking forward to reading.

Naturally I’m able act cool about it.

But on the inside I’m beside myself… all giddy…

After all Christian Grey has an honorary place…

…in my book history. He brought be from HR to CR and from there I found GR.
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
5 Deeper Grey Stars

First read September 2015
reread June 2017

Who love the fuck outta this book?

photo tumblr_mt7z4u0SEy1rqfhi2o1_500_zpsuqwxzinc.gif

I loved the first book in this series, Fifty Shades of Grey , but I loved this one more. OMG I really didn't think I would like this book more . I mean I knew going into this, that I would most likely like it. I liked the first book and this is just the first book in Christian pov. I2017
Catarina
2,5 Underwhelmed Stars.

description

50 Shades of Grey, despite not being my favorite book series, caused a sensation, caught my attention and a few years ago, the curiosity to see if other people thought like me was what brought me to Goodreads. By that alone these books will always have a place in my heart. But this one… just left me underwhelmed. And mad, considering I’ve paid 4£ for it and could have bought a few books with that money.

description

I’m not speaking about the story itself because being a male POV I
Natalie Monroe
Jun 01, 2015 marked it as never-ever-ever-reading-this
EDIT 2/7/2015: So this is why Grey has such a fugly cover.

Note from Stephenie Meyer:

EDIT 19/6/2015: I read some excerpts and all I can say is E.L. James takes the saying, "Men think with their dicks," way too literally.

Hey, look, it's Midnight Sun! I will pay all ofclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Roxane
Jul 05, 2015 rated it did not like it
From a business perspective, I applaud the decision to release a version of a book that has already been published that is largely the same as the book that has already been published.

From any other perspective, this book is a travesty.

The writing is terrible, just fundamentally terrible. Christian Grey is boring and he cannot even be bothered to be tortured in an interesting way.

Mad at myself for PAYING for this and then reading it even though I knew what it was going to be, havin
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

SO. Right off the bat, I think we need to get this out of the way: YES. I read the FIFTY SHADES trilogy, and, YES, I liked it.

Guess what?

I liked TWILIGHT, too.

And THE HUNGER GAMES, and I bloodydamn love HARRY POTTER.

If you think that means I have crap taste in books, then good riddance.

If you think that means I love ALL the hyped-up books, you don't know me, so who cares what you think?

I read what I want and heaven help anyone who tries to make me feel bad about it.

*steps down from soapbox*

Honestly, I'm not terribly worried about that in Rabid Reads sp
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****4.5 "I WANT MORE" STARS*****
{BR with Mel, Sharon, Tiff, Kelli, Jen, and Tera}

I've come alive since I've known her. These last few weeks have been the most exciting, the most unpredictable, the most fascinating in my life. I've been enticed from my monochrome world into one rich with color - and yet she can't be what I need.

photo aa70edda3c0012eb0ad66a620bdbc0a0_zps9k8clabu.jpg

I really loved this book!!
It started off a little iffy for me but in theTera}
I've
Geri Reads
Jun 01, 2015 marked it as forever-unread
Should I spend $9.99 for basically the same story as the first three ?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Welp! The pre-order price is now down to $7.99 for ebook.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Alex
Jun 01, 2015 marked it as bitch-don-t-even
ღFloღ the coffee addict
DNF @19% - no rating

Long story short...GREY IS A PUSSY!

I can be mistaken, but I always thought he was this super domineering alpha who is in control (or aspires to be). Well, if I had any sort of attraction to him before it is now GONE. Every single time he tries to assert his control said action is followed by a truly ridiculous piece of monologue (in italics) questioning himself, making him look uncertain and whiny. In conclusion: Grey is a pussy and I can't deal with this BS.
Sammy Loves Books

This was entertaining...

welcome to the grey

Anna

interview

This was entertaining...

welcome to the grey

Anna

interview

elevator

hotel room

aftercare

smirk

d

My thoughts:

I was hoping for something new and enlightening. There was nothing new to the story except for two conversations between Grey and Elena. I was hoping for more insight into Grey's head, but most of his thoughts were just about sex. There were no new conversations with Anna to enjoy. All the emails they sent back and forth, which were fun to read the first time around, were boring to read again.

I enjoyed knowing Grey's thoughts about his family, mother, brother, and sis. But the flashback nightmares of him as a child were very difficult to make it through. I understand that the thoughts were those of a child, but the writing was in broken sentences and made him sound "Special". Special as in "Slow". All of his flashbacks are painful due to the horrid grammar.

So the real question is was this worth my time and honestly, I can not encourage anyone to read this book. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. Fortunatley, my library had the CDs of this book so I was able to listen to it while driving to and from work, and while folding laundry, so I didn't feel like I wasted time.

3 stars means I liked it, and 2 stars is an "OK" which is exactly where this book falls. A Solid 2.5!!
Alex is The Romance Fox
Now, is E.L. James a clever writer or not!!!! Did we actually need this book??? Of course not!! GREY is exactly the same book as Fifty Shades of Grey and the earliest section of Fifty Shades Darker ..there's only one difference.........let me tell you more...
 photo f5acf994295e3bb9cef8bf18e4d123a2_zpsl0zq9u43.jpg
It's time for us to get Christian Grey's very own POV............oh....we gonna find out what makes this guy tick!!!!
Never mind that it's the exact same dialogue.... that we get to read the legal contract ....again.........we get to check out all the emails tmore...
Michelle
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
Fifty Shades of Grey was my introduction to romance. This was the first book I read in late 2012 in this particular genre. It is what convinced me to buy a kindle. It was what opened the door to a whole new world of stories. In a way this book changed my life. It brought a long list of friends that I hold near and dear to my heart and it has given me an outlet that I did not have before. Say what you will about this series, but there is no denying the impact it has had in the book world.
Alicia (is beyond tired of your *ish)
"See the world of Fifty Shades of Grey anew through the eyes of Christian Grey. In Christian's own words, and through his thoughts, reflections, and dreams . . .

(view spoiler)

(view spoiler) ...more
Claire Robinson
5 - "That was the most fun I've had with my clothes on in a while." Stars!

Candace
Every Bit As Good As The First Time!

I loved every minute of this book! Usually, I get bored with alternate POV "retellings" because there isn't enough new material to keep me interested. This is one of the few stories that, even without too much new information, holds my attention every time. What can I say, it's a fantastic story! It was nice to finally get inside Christian's head.
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus)
★★★★ 4.25 For-the-shades-of-grey I didn't even know existed..★★★★

I consider myself to be a NEUTRAL READER in this scenario,since I DO NOT HATE or LOVE this series..This review is just MY humble opinion.

'Grey' is the fourth book belonging to the much know FSoG series which released its first film adaptation around Valentines this year.
'GREY' is Book 1:'Fifty Shades Of Grey' written in Christian's POV..

I've never been a huge fan of theyear.
'GREY'class="gr-hostedUserImg">
scenario,since ...more
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
I’ve seen various opinions regarding the imminent release of GREY. Some can’t wait, some don’t want and there are others who’re indifferent..... I wanted to get my thoughts out.... My reason to read...

I fell in love with the exquisite love story of Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey, way before my kindle was an addiction or cleansing my book soul through reviewing was my obsession. When I completed my first read I felt my contentment juxtaposed against sheer desolation. I felt I was losing good friends, whaout....
Stacey is Sassy
Well no wonder Christian's 50 shades Mrs Robinson...

I'm going to keep my review for Grey fairly short, after all we've been here before. I started this on Friday night with a glass of wine in my hand and a smirk on my face. Yes, it was a little more expensive than what I normally pay for an e-book and it was a story that I knew the ending to already. All I wanted was a few questions answered, so in essence I got exactly what I wanted...inside Christian's head.

The storyline was the same
Elena or "Ellen-na"? 1 5 Jan 17, 2019 07:46AM
How did you find this book ??? 12 81 May 15, 2016 06:00PM
What do you think about this book? 16 107 Apr 22, 2016 10:10AM

• Stolen (Stronger, #1)
  • The World Rose
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • The Edge of Never, The Edge of Always: Two Book Collection (The Edge of Never, #1-2)
  • Nothing Bad Is Going to Happen (No One Else Can Have You, #2)
  • How Not to be Seduced by Billionaires (How Not to be Seduced by Billionaires, #1-3)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
  • Thoughtful (Thoughtless, #1.5)
  • Dragonbride
  • Infraction (Breach, #2)
  • Control (Songs of Submission, #4)
  • Spectaccolo
  • Behind His Eyes: Truth (Consequences, #2.5)
  • You Were Mine (Rosemary Beach, #9)
  • Shimmers of Pearl (Pearl, #3)
  • Knight & Stay (Knight, #2)
  • One with You (Crossfire, #5)
  • Grounded (Up in the Air, #3)
All you need to know should be on here:

Please come talk to me on twitter: @E_L_James

If you are interested in the play list from either of these books - please visit my youtube channel:

Fifty Shades as Told by Christian (2 books)
  • Darker (Fifty Shades as Told by Christian, #2)
“Only when the last leaf has fallen, the last tree has died, and the last fish been caught will we realize that we cannot eat money.” 53 likes
“I want to own this woman, body and soul. I want her” 27 likes