Start by marking “Find Her (Detective D.D. Warren, #8)” as Want to Read:
Find Her (Detective D.D. Warren, #8)

Find Her

(Detective D.D. Warren #8)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  40,819 ratings  ·  3,308 reviews
Lisa Gardner's runaway New York Times bestseller--a fast-paced thrill ride featuring Detective D. D. Warren.

Seven years ago, carefree college student Flora Dane was kidnapped while on spring break. For 472 days, Flora learned just how much one person can endure.

Published February 9th 2016 by Dutton

To ask other readers questions about Find Her, please sign up.
Acolip I read this as the first one I've ever read of this series and it seemed like a stand alone book to me.
Sherry Kensell I got it through my library via kindle. Any books that cost this much I go to my Library online. Might have to place on hold for a while but well wort…moreI got it through my library via kindle. Any books that cost this much I go to my Library online. Might have to place on hold for a while but well worth the savings. Go to overdrive.com and see if your local Library has books for your kindle.(less)

·  40,819 ratings  ·  3,308 reviews

Start your review of Find Her (Detective D.D. Warren, #8)
Melissa
“No one wants to be a monster.”

Dark, intense and downright chilling, Find Her had me questioning what kind of survivor I might be after being held captive for 472 days in a body-sized pine box. I know, a horrifying thought, right? Would I give up on life and ultimately let fear rule my world or be a woman hell-bent on revenge? Like Flora, would I struggle to recognize the eyes staring back at me in the mirror?

Even though this is the eighth book in the Detective D.D. Warren series, it was m
Paromjit
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A terrific thriller from Lisa Gardner where her psychological insights and descriptions of abduction victim, Flora Dane, are nothing less than outstanding. Flora was kept in a pine coffin, sexually and physically abused and starved by Jacob Ness as part of his plan to destroy her sense of self and remake her as Molly, a woman entirely dependent on him and Jacob is the most important person in her life. Molly/Flora was eventually freed after 472 days, and she shoots Jacob dead. 5 years on, Flora ...more
Susanne  Strong
Dec 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Heart-Stopping Stars.

Flora Dane didn’t originally go looking for trouble. The first time, it found her.
In the worst way imaginable. For 472 days to be exact. Once she got out, she started looking for it, because she’s a survivor. Now, her main objective is tracking down men who want nothing more than to victimize women while she turns the tables on them.

Detective D.D. Warren doesn’t understand Flora Dane, nor does she really like her, if D.D. is being honest. How could she? Flora is uncoope
Lo Bookfrantic

Type: Book 8 from Detective D.D. Warren Series - Standalone Stories
POV: First Person – Shifting
Expected Publication Date: February 2nd, 2016

description

”The repulsive man walks away. Leaves you once again all alone. Naked. Bruised. Bloody. Knowing things you never wanted to know. “Mommy,” you whisper. But this monster’s real. And there’s nothing anyone can do to save you anymore.”

Flora Dane was abducted and kept captive for 47
Diane
Feb 25, 2016 rated it liked it
This is a decent murder-mystery / revenge thriller. It was my first Lisa Gardner book, so I can't compare it to others in the series, but the plot moved along quickly and kept me hooked enough to keep reading.

I picked up Find Her after seeing a positive review and was intrigued by the story, which is that Flora Dane had been abducted while on Spring Break in Florida and held captive for more than 400 days. Flora was eventually rescued, and during her survivor's counseling she found a new obsess
Wendy'sThoughts
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Thrillers, Mysteries, Lisa Gardner Fans
5 Give up Sleep Gladly Stars
* * * * *
Available Now!
My title for this review says it all. I was fortunate to have talked my way into the good graces of the publisher and they gave me the ok to read this. It was understandable for their concern.... after all I read mostly romance.

However, I am someone who likes all types of experiences and thrillers, psychological dramas, mysteries were my bread and butter for many years. I could deal with the blood, guts and gore with the best of them... s
Norma
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of LISA GARDNER and have read all of her books. I always find myself waiting patiently for her next book release.

Although FIND HER didn't actually "wow" me it still gets a 5* rating from me because I wasn't able to guess the outcome on this one and it was a strong, solid read. But, not guessing the outcome isn't uncommon for me as Lisa Gardner pulls you into the storyline and I just want to be in the moment with D. D. Warren's case as it unfolds and don't find myself wanting to g
Lisa
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lisa-gardner
Wow Lisa Gardner is Back with Find Her the latest DD warren novel she got her mojo back, not that she ever lost it.

Flora Dane is held captive for 472 days with a psycho before she was found DD is sent in to find out about her after the sudden disappearance of three girls years later the more DD digs into the disappearances the more she is struggling with finding out information about Flora What is she hiding & WHY IS SHE HOLDING OUT ON DD??

The prep Devon Goulding who is a suspect in the disappe
jv poore
Sep 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Well, I certainly stayed up way-too-late...a couple of times...while reading Find Her.
Phrynne
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have enjoyed all the D.D.Warren novels so far and this one was no exception. The story was intriguing and the suspense was edge of the seat stuff which kept this reader turning pages as fast as possible. More than 400 of them disappeared in the twinkling of an eye as I raced to find out who did what!
On the cover Sharon Bolton is quoted as saying that Lisa Gardner is "an absolute master of the psychological suspense novel." She certainly is!
Brenda
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Once again, I am thrilled! THRILLED!! With a Lisa Gardner book.

Flora Dane was abducted and stored in a coffin-shaped box for 472 days. That's 15½ months. The deterioration, destruction, and disappearance of her "self" was hard to read about. On the occasions when she eventually was able to spend time out of the box, it grew harder to empathize with her. Now, 5 years after her rescue, the new Flora, Flora 2.0 as she calls herself, is extremely hard to understand or like.

Flora apparently is connec
Wendy
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: feb-16
Find Her, by Lisa Gardner, is another edge of your seat thriller featuring Detective D.D. Warren.
D.D. is on restricted duty due to a work related injury but that doesn't keep her behind a desk for long.
Flora Dane is a survivor. She was kidnapped and held for 472 days and we learn of her terrifying ordeal. Once free she tries to come to terms with her freedom and new life after living a nightmare at the hands of a madman. Bringing other predators to justice seems to be her sole focus.
When Flora
Jonetta
Five years ago, Flora Dane was rescued 472 days after her abduction while on spring break in Florida. Severely traumatized, she worked to regain her life over the ensuing months. Detective Sergeant D. D. Warren arrives at a puzzling scene where a man lies dead and the woman responsible stands bound and naked over him. Apparently that man had abducted her and she managed to save herself. When D. D. learns that the woman is Flora, she wonders if the former captive has turned into an avenging angel ...more
♥Rachel♥
Find Her was chilling and one of the more disturbing stories I’ve read by Lisa Gardner. Once I truly sat down and started reading, I couldn’t put the book down and I have to say the story haunted me.

Detective D.D. Warren is called to bizarre homicide where the victim turned the tables on her abductor before he did her any damage. Once D.D. starts asking questions she soon realizes there is more than meets the eye with the victim, Flora Dane, because this isn’t the first time Flora has been a vi
Jean
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Find Her by Lisa Gardner is both bizarre and brilliant. Readers of Ms. Gardner’s D.D. Warren series already know what a fine writer she is. Detective D.D. Warren – that’s D for Determined and D for Driven – is supposed to be on desk duty due to injuries sustained while on a previous investigation, but try as they might, they can’t keep D.D. down. As her fellow officers remind her, she is allowed to delegate responsibilities, and she does try, but she just can’t help herself. D.D. is still tr
Jim
Seven years ago Flora Dane was kidnapped while on spring break. For 472 days she was held captive. And then she was freed. But is Flora really free? For 5 years she has obsessed with other young woman who have disappeared. Most recently Stacey Summers a college co-ed in Boston. Flora puts herself in situations where she will once again become a victim. Except in the past 5 years Flora has learned a lot about self defense and criminal behavior. She will stop the predators. Flora refers to herself ...more
Sharon Bolton
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“When you first wake up in a dark wooden box, you’ll tell yourself this isn’t happening.”

Florence Dane is a survivor. She spent 472 days as the prisoner of a sexual predator, locked for much of the time in a wooden coffin; and still she lived to tell the tale. Now, she is free, but the girl she once was is gone forever. The woman who took her place is obsessed with finding missing people, with bringing to justice those who take them from their lives.

But is it justice she is seeking, or revenge
Gary
Jan 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have read several Lisa Gardner books and many of the Detective DD Warren series so I was keen to read this latest one in the series, N0. 8 in fact.

Florence Dane spent 472 days as the prisoner of a sexual predator, spending most of her time in a wooden coffin. Now free, she is obsessed with finding missing people and bringing their kidnappers to justice.

A fast paced novel that is full of suspense and a good few surprises. The 8th book in the series but would work as a stand alone.

I would like
Sean Peters
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Thank You to Net Galley, the publishers and the author for a advanced copy.

Flora Dane is a victim.

Seven years ago, carefree college student Flora was kidnapped while on spring break. For 472 days, Flora learned just how much one person can endure.

Flora Dane is a survivor.
Miraculously alive after her ordeal, Flora has spent the past five years reacquainting herself with the rhythms of normal life, working with her FBI victim advocate, Samuel Keynes. She has a mother who’s never stopped loving he
Amanda
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 8th book in the Detective DD Warren series. I am a massive fan and this one kept me up to the early hours of the morning saying just one more chapter!!

Flora Dane was kept captive for 472 in a coffin shaped box by Jacob Ness who starved and sexually abused her. She finally escapes and shoots Jacob.

After her ordeal Flora has returned a different woman, she is stronger after learning self defence and wants to help other women in the same position as her, even if it puts her in dangerous
Candace
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We meet Flora Dane five years after her kidnapping, where she was held for 472 days by a psycho. She goes from a victim to a survivor. Flora takes self-defense courses and shooting practice. She plasters her bedroom wall with pictures and articles of missing persons, stories of those who have not returned.

When Detective D. D. Warren meets Flora, it is in the back of a police cruiser. Flora won't talk to D. D. about the kidnapper laying dead on the lawn. Instead, Flora called Samuel Keynes, FBI v
Angela DeSilva
This was a fabulous read. I must read more from this very talented author!
Linda Strong
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
Flora Dane is a victim .... she is also a survivor. The real question is ... is she also a vigilante seeking revenge for the 472 days she was held captive?

She's been free for 5 years and still doesn't know what 'normal' is. She's lost the closeness the felt for her mother and brother. She is close to only one person ... Samuel Keynes, FBI Victim Advocate.
Detective D.D. Warren is called to the scene of a crime. There she finds a dead man and the bound, naked woman who killed him ... Flora Dane. D
Brenda
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I haven’t read a Lisa Gardner in a while – I’d forgotten how good she is!

It had been five long years since Flora Dane had been held captive by a psychopath named Jacob for 472 days – five years of nightmares; of fighting with her inner self. The night she was abducted from Tonic, a nightclub she’d been drinking and dancing at, and locked away in the darkness once again, she was prepared. Her self-defence classes meant she would do her best to escape – no; she would escape. What happened nex
Adrienne
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller, suspence
Whoa! What a read. The subject matter was scary. A girl kidnapped and she spent 472 days mostly in a pine coffin; existing with starvation, beatings, rape and thirst. But a growing determination to survive. BTW saying this does not spoil the story.
I was intrigued and pulled in to her story: needing to know how she moved from her old Flora v.1 'personality' to her new Flora v.2 being.
I did love the ending. Not a poetic justice type ending. But finally able to integrate v.2 with v.1 and once agai
Lisa
Sep 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
Reading a Lisa Gardner book is like taking a master class in thriller writing. She inhabits character fully and plots brilliantly, all the while relentlessly turns the screws of suspense. Her pacing is simply flawless. FIND HER is harrowing, gripping, and unputdownable.
Brandie
Really twisted and suspenseful! Started a bit slow in the beginning but was worth waiting it out - once things started getting intense, I couldn't put it down.
Amy
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
I’m joining in again with Throwback Thursday which was created by my good friend Renee at It’s Book Talk. She started this weekly feature as a way to highlight old favorites and read books that have already been published. I have so many older books on my TBR that get ignored in favor of review copies and I figure participating in Throwback Thursday will help me to read at a least one older title a week!

It’s a bittersweet feeling now that I’m caught up on this series. Find Her was an absolutely
Erin
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Holy Sh**!!! Find Her was amazing. I've been reading a lot of thrillers written by women lately & I gotta say woman are way more twisted than men. Who should read this book? Anyone who likes very dark & twisty stories about strong women. ...more
Tammy
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: release-2016
A fast-moving and wickedly good novel. Lisa Gardner is now on my go-to author list — am totally loving this D.D. Warren series.
I highly recommend this female detective series to anyone that enjoys mystery thrillers!
Nothing But Readi...: Gardner, Lisa--Find Her informal buddy read starts May 29, 2018 32 160 Jun 07, 2018 02:48PM
2018 Beyond the C...: Find Her 1 4 Jun 05, 2018 06:08PM
Play Book Tag: Find Her by Lisa Gardner 4 stars 1 13 Mar 17, 2017 04:53PM
Outside Reading Book Review 1 24 Oct 19, 2016 06:37AM
Crime, Mysteries ...: Find Her - May 2016 14 78 May 28, 2016 06:05AM

• The Silent Wife (Will Trent, #10)
  • Fear Nothing by Lisa Gardner -- Summary and Review
  • Maggie's Man (Family Secrets, #1)
  • MacNamara's Woman (Family Secrets, #2)
  • Brandon's Bride (Family Secrets, #3)
  • The Kept Woman (Will Trent, #8)
  • The Last Widow (Will Trent, #9)
  • Pretty Girls
  • Сопругата на детективот
  • The Family Upstairs
  • Unseen (Will Trent, #7)
  • Someone We Know
  • One by One
  • The Girl from Widow Hills
  • Criminal (Will Trent, #6)
  • Pieces of Her
  • The Boy from the Woods
  • The Other Mrs.
Lisa Gardner is a #1 New York Times bestselling crime novelist. A self-described research junkie, she has parlayed her interest in police procedure and twisted minds into a streak of twenty-plus thrillers. Her latest, BEFORE SHE DISAPPEARED, is available January 19, 2021.

Meet Frankie Elkin, an everyday, average person who specializes in finding missing people. When the locals have given up, when t

Detective D.D. Warren (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Alone (Detective D.D. Warren, #1)
  • Hide (Detective D.D. Warren, #2)
  • The Neighbor (Detective D.D. Warren, #3)
  • Live to Tell (Detective D.D. Warren, #4)
  • Love You More (Tessa Leoni, #1; Detective D.D. Warren, #5)
  • Catch Me (Detective D.D. Warren, #6)
  • Fear Nothing (Detective D.D. Warren, #7)
  • Look For Me (Detective D.D. Warren, #9)
  • Never Tell (Detective D.D. Warren #10)
  • When You See Me (Detective D.D. Warren, #11; Gardner Universe, #20)