Jump to ratings and reviews
Finding love in all the wrong places.

When a serial rapist and murderer targets women on an online dating website, FBI Agent Leslie Hunter must pose as a potential match at a bar. How hard could it be? She’s been dating online for years.

While undercover, Leslie meets a handsome gentleman. She can’t tell Kevin her profession without ruining the investigation. How long can she keep this man out of danger without revealing she’s an FBI Agent?

A taste of pole dancing, phone sex, and spankings combined with a lick of danger. A romantic erotica story that’s sure to leave your heart racing and pleased afterwards.

ebook

First published July 6, 2015

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Ravyn Rayne

11 books60 followers
Ravyn is a sassy, fun-loving, and adventure-seeking young woman. She loves to travel and can’t wait for her next vacation, wherever it might be.

Ravyn writes romantic erotica. She began writing romance novels in college, spending her down time either reading a book or writing fiction. Please don’t make her choose between the two, she loves them equally.

Her debut novel BURNING DESIRE (Federal Agent Chronicles #1) will be available on Kindle and Nook in the spring of 2015. Recently picked up by Blushing Books, The Federal Agent Chronicles will feature the life of the Violent Crimes & Major Thefts task division, focusing on both cases and the personal lives of five FBI agents. Ravyn is currently writing the second book in the series, DATING WARS to be released later this year.

Although BURNING DESIRE is her debut romantic erotica novel, it is not her first published book. She has been published professionally since 2013.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
5 (31%)
4 stars
11 (68%)
3 stars
2 stars
1 star
Displaying 1 - 12 of 12 reviews
Profile Image for Kathy Heare Watts.
5,656 reviews177 followers
FINDING HER A MAN WHILE ON A STAKE OUT
This story kept me on the edge of my seat as the FBI is on the hunt for a serial rapist and murder using an online dating site to target his victims. FBI agent Leslie Hunter becomes the decoy since she admits to already having a profile on "Perfect Catch" and sets the wheels into motion. The plot twist kept the pages turning as the game of cat and mouse between the perp and Leslie begin. The story is full of constant suspense, witty dialog, a likeable cast of characters, a new romance for Leslie, a fight for their lives as they are attacked and the clock ticking down in this life or death situation. This story also has some steamy moments between Kevin and Leslie. I love series, and this can read as a standalone. It is enjoyable seeing the cast of characters from the first book, Burning Desire and I look forward to more books in this series.
Profile Image for Nancy (The Avid Reader).
2,246 reviews94 followers
July 6, 2015
I received a free copy of the book from the author for my honest opinion.

FBI Agent Leslie Hunter has been dating online for years. She knows the dangers of dating online after all she is a FBI Agent. So she should know a little bs when she hears. Oh of course as a FBI Agent she knows all about the dangers that could happen to someone dating online but everyone is doing it now as besides she can take care of herself she has been trained in self-defense. While she is not a shamed of dating online she has kept it a secret from her boss and co-workers for whatever reason. Maybe the reason is to keep them from teasing her or giving her the third degree about the perils of online dating.

But when a case falls into her lap where a murdered is killing women and the connection between the murders is a dating website which just happens to be the one that Leslie has been using. So when her boss tells her that she needs to make a profile on this dating site and go under cover as a potential victim to help them capture this client. Leslie is probably like oh crap what am I going to do? Do I tell them I already have an account with this site or do I keep quiet and hope that they don’t find out? Even with all of this floating around in her head she knows in the back of her that as a FBI Agent it would be too dangerous for her if she kept quiet. One of the reasons being that the killer may find out that she has two different accounts and start to wonder why that is and start checking her out before she can arrange her first date with him. Another reason being that it would be a whole lot easier for her to arrange a date if her account has been around a while than if it just popped up say like yesterday.

Leslie meets this great looking dude while on assignment at a bar. She really likes this guy and wonders if she should tell him that she is a FBI Agent or not. She feels like it is ok to tell him the truth and that he is not the guy that they are looking for. But she is afraid that it could be possible that she would lose him if she told him the truth besides she is undercover and by telling him it could blow her cover right out of the sky. She would really rather not put him in danger at all but especially the first time they meet. Not counting all of that she could have found herself a real nice guy here and she didn’t meet him online.

So what happens to Federal Agent Hunter? Does she finally meet up with the perpetrator? Does she finally get to arrest him and take him off the streets so that he can’t hurt anyone else? Does Leslie and Kevin finally get their chance together to see if they can make it as a team? I bet you would like me to give you all the answers to all these questions am I right? Well guess what I’m not going to do it. What would be the fun in that? If I told you everything that happens in a book then there would be no reason for you to read it. That is why I like to give you just enough info about the book that will pull you into the book so that you will want to go and grab your very own copy.

I have read or I think I have read all of Ravyn Rayne’s books and they just keep on getting better and better. I can’t wait to read the next book in this series. I also can’t wait to read books from her other series of books too. I have not read a bad book by this author ever. If you love a good romance book with a little spanking going on then you are going to absolutely love the Federal Agent Chronicles and some of her other books as well. This is one author that will grab a hold of you with the very first word and will not I say will not let go until you have read the very last word and then keeps you hanging on for more & more & more & more & more. I could go on forever but I figure that you have gotten my message by now; hopefully.
Profile Image for Spunky N Sassy.
4,845 reviews101 followers
July 28, 2015
SNS Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Kelli's ★★★★✰ Review~~~~~~~~~~

There's a serial killer on the loose targeting women from online dating sites. FBI agent Leslie goes undercover to lure this guy out. While undercover, she meets Kevin. They share some crazy hot phone sex and Leslie can't wait to have the real deal. They go on a date and head back to Kevin's place. After a steamy session, they fall asleep. Leslie wakes to sounds in Kevin's apt. The killer stalked her and followed her!!

Can Leslie and her team snag this guy? What happens to Kevin? Grab this book and find out. Its a fast smoking hot read. You won't be disappointed.

~~~~~~~~~~Sharlene's ★★★★✰ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Short but not so sweet. What I mean is - this is a short story (75 pages) but it is about a not so sweet issue. A serial killer is on the loose and FBI Agent Leslie needs to find him. Along the way she meets Kevin and they go at it hot and heavy. Phone sex, role playing and some spanking all included in this tale. The author knows how to pack a punch in short amount of time. Kevin is a little alpha but his character does get thrown for a loop toward the end of the story which kind of reduces his alpha-ness a little bit (for me anyway). Leslie is as stubborn as the day is long but that works to her advantage here. The secondary characters all worked well too. Scenery is very well set. For a short story, the author is able to put quite a bit of descriptiveness into it without being dry or drawn out. Perfect mix for this situation. Generally I don't care for a short story but this one intrigued me. Would have liked to seen more about this couple.

This is the second book of the Federal Agent Chronicles series. Doesn't end with a cliffhanger per se but there is a little bit of openness to the ending. Maybe we'll see more of this couple in the next installment?
Profile Image for Carrie Renteria.
257 reviews2 followers
July 14, 2015
Ravyn Rayne you my dear continue to dazzle me with your brilliant story lines and amazing mind! I am always amazed when I open my e-reader to one of your stories and end up captivated by the absolute brilliance of the web in which you so easily weave.

Dating Wars is the second book in the Federal Agent Chronicle Book and this one focuses on another agent within the same team, FBI Agent Leslie Hunter. This is actually one incredible storyline just like book 1 its packed full of suspense, action, some incredibly hot and steamy alpha male action with one amazingly hot man that Leslie meets named Kevin while she is undercover. The only problem is the serial killer that she is tracking ends up tracking her back to Kevin and it puts him in danger now so what she thought could be a possible fling or even a relationship she isn't even sure can happen now.

This book has a lot of moments that you wouldn't be expecting either from a romantic/thriller and I love Ravyn Rayne's touching scenes in the hospital that actually brought me to tears several times throughout the book not just any one moment there are several connections that she creates through the series that makes you feel as a reader like you are going through the emotions with the characters and you are connected to them as well. If you haven't read this book yet I really suggest you download it or add it to your TBR list. I know I will be patiently awaiting the next in this series!!
Profile Image for Kathy Heare Watts.
5,656 reviews177 followers
FINDING HER A MAN WHILE ON A STAKE OUT
256 reviews3 followers
July 8, 2015
4 stars.
This is a continuing set of stories about FBI agents in this Chicago office. Book one was
about Kai and Joel. This story is about Leslie. The story is an up and down edge of your seat
tale. The FBI is after a serial rapist and murderer who seems to find his victims through an online
dating service. Leslie is used for bait, but the murderer gets away. This same stalker goes after Leslie in her personal life. The ending was wrapped up quickly. The story was mostly told in first person, from Leslie’s point of view. It was an enjoyable read. There are several steamy sex scenes.
73 reviews
July 15, 2015
Dating Wars is the second in the Federal Agents Chronicles and is set in the FBI's Violent Crimes and Major Thefts unit. I liked it better than the first one. Leslie Hunter goes undercover to catch a serial rapist and murderer who has targeted women who use the online dating website Perfect Catch. Leslie must admit to Joel that she is already on Perfect Catch and her profile will need to be changed in order to draw the rapist/murderer out. Once the ground work is laid, this story moves quickly and is exciting. There's little chance that the FBI won't find the suspect, but what's this going to do to Leslie's real love-life?
1,792 reviews11 followers
July 28, 2015
This is the second book in the Federal Agent Chronicles. In this book we get to know Leslie better. She is assigned to be the bait for an online dating site that is linked to the rape and murder of women. While undercover, she meets Kevin. There is instant attraction and steamy sex follows. But, Leslie must find the rapist before she becomes his next victim. Ravyn is a great author. She has created some great characters. I can’t wait to read the next book in the series. I give this 4 stars.
Profile Image for United Indie Book Blog.
4,227 reviews78 followers
August 26, 2015

Reviewed by Laura
Profile Image for Laura.
263 reviews
August 27, 2015
Riveting and fast paced action. FBI Agent Leslie is on the trail of a serial killer. There are steamy scenes with Leslie & her date, Kevin. I liked the way this story played out. It keeps you turning the page to see what happens next. You will be on the edge of your seat the whole way through. I like this part even better than the first in this series. They just keep getting better.*** I was given this book as a gift from the author in exchange for my honest review.***
Profile Image for Danielle Goodwin.
731 reviews12 followers
December 25, 2015
Ravyn Rayne's "Dating Wars" is the second tale in the Federal Agent Chronicles series. Again, I think the domination and spanking bits are at just the right level of yummy. Another well thought out plot. A couple of the plot elements reminded me a little of the first Maya Banks "Sweet" book, "Sweet Surrender." The version I read could have used a smidge more editing. I would definitely like to read more from Ravyn Rayne.
Profile Image for LaGina.
1,902 reviews39 followers
May 31, 2016
The series continues with another couples story and once again it doenst disappoint. It is full of drama and steamy sex. I cant wait to read more from Ravyn Rayne.
Displaying 1 - 12 of 12 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.