Start by marking “The Battle for Halcyon (The Halcyon Cycle #2)” as Want to Read:
The Battle for Halcyon (The Halcyon Cycle #2)

Read Book

The Battle for Halcyon

(The Halcyon Cycle #2)

In the first book of The Halcyon Cycle, a risky physics experiment transports the island University of Halcyon to a new world. Meglir, a being of great power, is released from his prison and threatens Halcyon and the tiny refugee colony of Eleytheria.

In The Battle for Halcyon, we follow the struggles of Dave, Al, Pam and Floyd with their Hansa allies as they work to stop M
Published June 29th 2015 by Word Alive Press

To ask other readers questions about The Battle for Halcyon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Battle for Halcyon

Start your review of The Battle for Halcyon (The Halcyon Cycle #2)
David
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
In Peter Kazmaier’s fast-paced Halcyon Dislocation we read the story of an island university that disappeared from our world and appeared in a new, mysterious place. Much of the story introduced us to this new world as university students along with naval officers stationed on the island explored the new world. We learned that an evil force named Meglir had brought the university to his world and was possessing one of the faculty. At the end of the book Meglir was defeated, but with him still pr ...more
Andrew Seddon
Sep 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
I typically don’t like to jump into the middle of a series, and so decided to read “The Halcyon Dislocation” before embarking on “The Battle for Halcyon”. I don’t know that it is totally necessary, because “Battle”, taking place a year after “Dislocation”, can probably stand on its own, but I appreciated knowing the characters and background situation first.
There is much to like about both books. Kazmaier has obviously put considerable time, thought, and effort into world-building, in the proc
Jes Drew
Aug 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Strangely enough, I read the third book before reading this, the second in the series. That was an interesting experience, but not a bad one. Suddenly, all the foreshadowing became references that I had inside knowledge of that the characters didn't yet. Also, it was quite charming to see a couple that I knew as already married and established in their relationship first meet and fall in love. Theirs was a very interesting dynamic that I wasn't expecting, knowing their future selves!

My favorite
Rod Horncastle
Jun 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
What a fun experiment:
I jumped right in to reading book 2 (in the Halcyon Cycle) without reading book 1. I wanted to test the author's character development as well as my ability to quickly catch up. WE both did okay. Now i'm excited to read Book one since I know a great deal of what I missed.
This is similar to watching the 2nd movie of the Back to The Future series without knowing the first.

Of course, it's also similar to how they began the Star Wars experience: with a fully functioning Dark
J.R. Baude
Aug 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
The battle for Halcyon is a classic "second in a series" kind of book that moves it's characters through a dense landscape of worlds and cultures. It is a journey picking up from the opening act (Book one which I unfortunately didn't read before this) and leaving us wanting more in the end and looking forward to the third book. The story contains too many facets to elaborate here (and not to add spoilers as well), but as a whole, the novel has something for everyone with some deft surprises one ...more
Joshua Grant
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As we return to Halcyon in Peter Kazmaier’s The Battle for Halcyon, we see a more turbulent world. Kazmaier does a great job jumping us into the action without losing the sense of exploration that drove the first novel. We rejoin Dave and the rest as they face new challenges, including a new menace assisting Meglin and the ever moral struggles of Halcyon’s pursuit of Utopia. This is a novel with depth woven in throughout all the action making it a quick and enticing read!
Kevin King
Jun 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this second book in the Halcyon series, and have to confess that at times it kept me reading long after I should have gone to bed or got on with my other work. It also often had me thinking about the potential twists and turns in the plot, as it evolved, when I should really have been concentrating on other things. So - best advice - don't read it until you've got plenty of time to relax and enjoy.

But, having said that, I feel obliged to award 4 stars this time around because I
Byron Bright
SALLY WHITE
Daryl Moad
Dr. Cole Marie Mckinnon

• Tales from the Eerie Canal
  • Love Gone Wild (Reality Show #2)
  • Soul Survivor (The Heretics #1)
  • The Crushing Depths (Coastal Guardians, #2)
  • Dungeon of Illusion (Tales of Vantoria #3)
  • Winnie Winfield (AKA Simon Lee #5)
  • Not Enough (AKA Simon Lee #5.5)
  • Fundamentals of Information Systems Security
  • Jordan's Deliverance, The Jordan of Algoran Series #3
  • A Marriage of Anything But Convenience (The Billionaire Club #1)
  • Nine
  • Jane and Austen
  • The Aftermath (Love in Chaos #2)
  • The Waves (Love In Chaos #1)
  • Time Lies: The Cognizant Awakens
  • Mr. H.O.A.
Peter Kazmaier is the award-winning author of four books. His third novel The Battle for Halcyon won the 2016 Word Award in the category of Speculative Fiction. This sequel to The Halcyon Dislocation follows the fate of the dislocated University of Halcyon and the splinter colony Eleytheria as they fight for survival in a parallel world.

The Halcyon Cycle is Peter Kazmaier’s first book series. In

The Halcyon Cycle (2 books)
  • The Halcyon Dislocation (The Halcyon Cycle #1)