Start by marking “Takedown Teague (Caged, #1)” as Want to Read:
Takedown Teague (Caged, #1)

Takedown Teague

(Caged #1)

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  1,892 Ratings  ·  291 Reviews
Published July 14th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Takedown Teague, please sign up.

Val Shameless ⚓️ Steamy Reads ⚓️
3.75 - 4 CliffhANGER Stars - Forest Gump Edition

Just so everyone knows: This book ends on a cliffhanger.

description

And, if you know me and my reading peeves at all, you know I - like many folks - loathe these sons of bitch snatches.

So needless to say, I was verra bummed when I got to the end of this thing.

There was some consoling involved.

description

But, ultimately, I was able to talk myself off the ledge long enough to come here and spew bullshit wax poetic about this thing.

But I digress.

I mention this immedia
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Jul 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-for-review
4.5 Stars LIVE! * Amazon US * Amazon UK *

CAGED is only the second ever book I've read by Shay Savage (I've no idea why because her writing ticks all the boxes for me!) I found myself addicted from the beginning to the very end! The story completely carried me away into the world of Liam-TAKEDOWN-Teague. This story is, of course, told completely from Liam's point of view, a writing trait that Shay Savage is known for being expert at and Caged certainly demonstrates her flair for portraying the ma
S.M. West
5 KNOCK OUT STARS

This one surprised me. It wasn't what I expected, not as dark nor as gritty as I'd thought but thoroughly enjoyed it. And that's one of the things I love about Shay, she keeps me on my toes.

Shay Savage is among my favourite authors and another one of the many things I love about her stories is her heroes. She has this gift for creating such complex, flawed, intense, sexy-as-all-get-out male characters and their POVs are just as unique as her characters, and so real!

Liam “Takedo
Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
4 Stars!!

description

“Caged: Takedown Teague” was my first full length novel by this author and it was nothing like I expected to be. It was very different from any fighter books I have read so far and one of the reasons is the fact the story is told entirely from the male POV.

“There was no referee.
There were no rounds.
There was really only one rule—whoever taps out or goes unconscious loses.”

“Caged” tells the story of Liam “Takedown” Teague a 26 years old cage fighter. He fights two nights a week at
Michelle
Series: Caged
Future Release: Trapped
Release: 8/4/2015 pre-order available

Screenshot_7

Liam “Takedown” Teague is an underground fighter who spends two nights a week pummeling opponents and the days in between training. A simple life of rinse, wash and repeat. But all of that soon changes when he saves Tria from a dangerous situation. Now life is becoming about so much more. Something that Liam gave up hope for long ago.

Screenshot_5

Release Date: 14 July, 2015
Rating: 4 stars
Cliffhanger:. Yes
HEA: (view spoiler)

Caged is a story that follows twenty six year old cage fighter named Liam ‘Takedown’ Teague. Liam’s life is very simple: he fights in a cage two times per week, and kicks his opponents asses, during the day he trains and keeps in shape. He lives in a poor neighborhood, barely makes ends meet and tries to surive day after day.

One night
Elizabeth
*4 Fighter Loves A Good Girl Stars*

"Something about this felt different-not quite as dreamlike but still surreal."-Liam

Shay Savage is by far one of my favorite authors. I really enjoy her unique writing style because she really knows how to write a man's POV! Caged: Takedown Teague was quite different from her other work and yet i thoroughly enjoyed meeting Liam and Tria and reading their story!

description

"There was no referee. There were no rounds. There was only one rule-whoever taps out or goes unconsci
Amanda
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 'LMAO' stars

I think my face hurts from all the smiling and laughing from this wacky read. Liam is a riot!

Caged: Takedown Teague is a surprisingly delightful read. I'm anticipating some dark caged fighter story, but instead I got a humorous laugh out loud story of a penniless caged fighter who is so smitten with his new neighbor that he is willing to do anything to keep her, including being her platonic roommate.

Liam 'Takedown' Teague is a guy who left his wealthy family and his future behind t
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★ 4 Stars ★★★★

Now LIVE!
Amazon - http://amzn.to/1LxTzO0
Amazon UK - http://amzn.to/1RzZXTw

Told in Shay's unmistakeable Male POV style, I was immediately transported into the world of undefeated Cage Fighter Liam 'Takedown' Teague. He is a bit of a mystery, living hand to mouth and fighting 2 nights a week at a local bar.

One night he spots a lone woman, walking home from work and has no choice but to intervene when he sees 4 men go after her, his protective streak kicks in and he saves Tria from
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo c1 coverxBT by sb_zpsgmajwr2u.gif

I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS ONE.
Sounds amazing.

Book 1 in trilogy.

BLURB:
This is not made for TV. This is the raw, brutal underground of no-holds-barred combat. Inside the cage there is nothing but me and the pain I inflict on those who dare enter. In the cage, I never have to worry about anyone but myself. Yet, when she began standing outside of the cage, everything changed. I was no longer fighting for the money or the glory – I was fighting for her.

Books in The Caged series should be read in
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
༺**Complimentary Copy**༺ Provided by the author "Shay Savage" in exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!

TITLE: Caged: Takedown Teaque

My LIFE
My ONE and ONLY
LOVE

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I got paid a hundred a fight, win or lose. If I won, I got more.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

LIAM: Is a 26 year old hot tempered tattooed bad ass fighter with an attitude to match when it comes to taking dow
Jen
I hate to rate a Shay Savage book so low; but if I am being honest, I was quite disappointed with this one and it was nothing like I expected either.
I did enjoy the hero; who was a cage fighter named Liam "Takedown" Teague. He has major secrets about where he comes from, and how he ended up fighting in a bar two nights a week for very little money. Liam was everything I love in my alpha heroes. He was aggressive, possessive, and highly sexual. It is extremely too bad though, that all of the act
London
Thank you Shay Savage for going from one of my top favorite authors to the bottom of my list.

I'm so sick of authors adding descriptive sex scenes with other women after the hero has met and built a relationship with the heroine.

He doesn't actually sleep with the woman in question because he realizes he's actually really interested in the heroine but the scene was too descriptive. It shows that had he been able to perform he would have 100% had sex with her. It was so fucking pointless it pissed
Carissa
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s-2015
Liam “Takedown” Teague is a 26 year old, badass, hot tempered, tattooed cage fighter. He works, sleeps and eats cage fighting. Only working two nights per week and training in between on the other days. Simply existing and living day to day. Fighting and struggling to survive, but doing so on his own. Running from his past, arrogant and prideful enough, to stay away from his family's empire. He's in his element when in the ring. The adrenalin keeps him moving, feeling.

Living in a run down area,
Ivy Deluca
Jul 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: _arc-reads, fighters
Liam is a cage fighter in a local bar, struggling to make it day by day. He meets Tria when he saves her from being a victim, a new girl in the big city. You think you know what happens next? I don’t think you do, but it is the start of an interesting romance.

description
My first time in Ms. Savage’s world : I’ve heard alot, and I mean, ALOT of good things about Ms. Savage’s writing from many different friends, but this is my first time reading one of her stories. After reading Caged, I think I need to bum
Ashley
Jul 23, 2015 rated it liked it
This was my last book for the month of July. It was...........good. It was good, I liked it...It was pretty fast paced, it was a little....odd at times. I liked Liam [haven't 'met' one I haven't liked yet :)] and Tria wasn't too bad either. I am not really sure...I can't seem to wrap my head around it yet. That last little bit was kind of fucked up....so I am interested in seeing what part 2 brings.

come find me:
www.facebook.com/ReadsAsh
IG: ash.reads Twitter: @ReadsAsh

Roksana
 photo jessnotthisshtagain_zpshaqrblhe.gif
Another book with sex scenes with OW! This author just reinforces my idea that she feeds the readers with this crap in nearly every book of hers! I can finally say this author is not worth investing as far as the "romance books" are concerned!
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
"Review" posted: 08.05.2016 (edited: 10.05.2016)

No. Nope. Not for me. Not at all. And no, I am not going to continue with this series.
Rate: 1.5 *It had some potential, but no* stars.
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

Ummm, excuse me....why didn't anyone alert me about the upcoming release of this book?!?!

Claire Robinson
Jun 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4 - I was never one... Stars!

I quickly realized that Caged: Takedown Teague is something that I had originally read in part when Shay originally published it as Fan-Fiction, I don’t believe I ever finished it in that form, so it was good to get back into the story and read a bit more than before.

The book is written in Shay’s inimitable style and as you would expect Liam’s head is an extremely entertaining place to be. I will be honest and say that the four star rating is wholly for Liam’s char
BabyBeth
Jul 30, 2015 rated it did not like it
***DNF @ 38%***

Not sure what I read here.
Not sure why people like it.
Uhm, not for me. Sowwie.
Monica **can't read fast enough**
Where to start with this review? First let me say that I really do enjoy Savage's writing style and CAGED is well written. This one is definitely on the New Adult romance spectrum. Tria is young, naive, and struggling to find her place. Although young as well, Liam is experienced and a bit jaded already. He has survived a rough patch that has collapsed the characters and lives of many others. Liam has self imposed restrictions and solitude to help him fight his demons and overcome the very real ...more
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
Awesome. Shay Savage has managed to create a refreshing and heart-warming story. This is the story of Teague and Tria.
Teague is a cage fighter. He is the best at what he does and he loves it. Fighting is his life and he wants nothing more than the thrill of a win.

photo 11705093_932770543452937_8322521851058217729_n_zps4cwppksv.jpg

When he stumbles upon a girl in need of help, his entire life changes. Tria is a girl that screams different. When she develops an odd friendship with the fighter, she finds a new ally in his face.
Circumstances and Teague's kindness wi
Elle the ClosetRomanceReader aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
*ARC received from author*

It just occurred to me that I've been remiss with my Shay read, and I've almost forgotten how well she does male POV!!! Just almost... I really need to rectify that soon and get on with her other books!

This is a story about a young caged fighter with a hidden past and the girl he meets who's running away from something and wanting a new start. They're not living on easy street, that's for sure, but they make it look easy. At the point they're at, it seems all about the
Seffra
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Reallllly liked this one. I loved how it was strictly told in Liam's POV. I found it funny and refreshing. I so used to reading books in just the female's. I loved Tria and Liam although I found that she was more of a side character and this is Liam's story. Not bad, but I would like her to be more fleshed out in the coming ones.
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"Totally inappropriate, inexcusable, and completely delectable."
This was my first Shay Savage read so I didn't know what to expect going in. To be honest, I was thinking it would be an erotic romance, but if so, not in this first installment of Caged. Takedown Teague was the reader's introduction to the two main characters. And in case you are wondering, yes, they are both effed up with secrets they are reluctant to share. Liam is the sexy, muscled, tattooed, growly cage fighter. He's running fr
Bing
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I love stories with fighters - MMA, underground, boxers - and this one was about a cage fighter which is probably a first for me. I love the hero's strength, the protective nature, the physique (of course! Who wouldn't drool over a ripped body and firm abs!) and the whole alpha male thing going on.

Liam was no exception. He was a confident, somewhat broody type of guy who knew what he was capable of. He was undefeated in cage fighting and his prowess was shown the first time he met Tria. He save
Angie
The best part of Caged is Liam's references to Tria's big purse. We can all relate. Otherwise, it was a bore.

Liam Teague is a cage fighter. He makes just enough money to get by. When he's not fighting he's working out or hooking up (so he says - we never witness it). He has to stay busy. It's hinted at from the beginning he used to have (view spoiler). And he still struggles with it when he's idle.

We meet Tria when Liam sees her walking home at night and he saves h
~ Cariad ~
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Phenomenal!! Loved it, couldn't put it down, absolutely terrific story, I'm blown away

SUPERB READ _ here's my full review

PRE-REVIEW:
So happy to be reading this one

SP HONEST REVIEW

PRE_REVIEW:
show me the money slide in Tom Ci'm ready hunger games style
Natalie The Biblioholic
Part of me is still baffled by what I just read, but luckily there is a book 2 and I will hopefully get some answers from it.

I'm extremely intrigued by Liam's story. What he's been through, the choices he made and continues to make, how long he expects to live the life he does, etc.

As of right now, I'm uncertain as to what kind of future Liam and Tria have. Although she's in college, they both don't seem to have an idea of their own individual futures, much less one they would share.

Shay Savage
Bargain Basement: Signed Paperback, eBook and Swag Pack 1 9 Jul 15, 2015 09:38AM
  • The Last Guardian Rises (The Last Keeper's Daughter, #2)
  • Lady Of The Knight (Knights, #3;  The Brocade #4)
  • Sealed in Sin (The Vessel Trilogy, #2)
  • Harkham's Case (Harkham's, #1)
  • Fiendish: A Twisted Fairytale
  • Creature of Habit: Book One
  • Arrive (Spiral of Bliss, #3.5)
  • Gargoyle Addiction (Otherworlds Summons, #1)
  • Bond Mates
  • Blood Moons (Blood and Shadows, #1)
  • Ash to Steele
  • Inferno (SKALS, #4)
  • Fighting
  • Lord Savage (Savage Trilogy #1)
  • Ambrosia (Nectar #2)
  • Explicit Detail (Explicit, #2)
  • Echo in Time (Echo Trilogy, #1)
  • A Fighting Chance
Shay Savage is an independent author from Cincinnati, Ohio, where she lives with her family and a variety of household pets. She is an accomplished public speaker and holds the rank of Distinguished Toastmaster from Toastmasters International. Her hobbies include off-roading in her big, yellow Jeep, science fiction in all forms, and soccer. Savage holds a degree in psychology, and she brings a lot ...more

Caged (3 books)
  • Trapped (Caged, #2)
  • Released (Caged, #3)
“Once she got a grip on it, it was a death grip, and I would sooner go into her purse looking for Tic Tacs than try to get it away from her.” 1 likes
“I have to be…cramping your style.” I laughed. “Using that phrase is so unstylish, it can’t cramp anything.” 1 likes