Start by marking “The Raven's Flight” as Want to Read:
The Raven's Flight

The Raven's Flight

Dear Author,
I have never ventured far from home. Being a shifter keeps me from becoming a part of society, but it seems that society is beginning to infringe on my territory. They, the humans, are all so full of themselves and think they are entitled to my land. But there is one man, who stands up to the others, who stands on his own… he draws my attention. Why?
Published June 1st 2015 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about The Raven's Flight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Raven's Flight

Dalia
Jun 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
A really cute shifter story with a hint of emotions.
The raven hopped down the trunk and used its beak to move the earth at the base of the tree. It needed to give Jase something.

The raven put a few sticks to the side before choosing one of them, the prettier one. Grabbing it with its beak, the raven took flight again and headed toward Jase.
Vivian
Jun 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: freebies, romance-pn
Cute shifter story. At first, I was a bit put off by Jase's character, but I think that's because I'm much more like Kangee, but he grew on me. Kangee I liked from the get go. I really like how his raven would win sometimes, regardless of what he thought.

Thanks to the author for participating and sharing their story in the Love is an Open Road event.
Catherine
** 3.75 Stars ***

In spite of the fade to black / off page first time that made me want to Hulk smash something, I really enjoyed this story. Jase's antics pulled me in from the very first page and I loved that Kangee's raven was given nearly free reign to follow its instincts. The story had humour AND heart, so that makes it a winner in my books. I'd rec this to friends.

Thanks to the author for participating in this year's DRitC event, Love is an Open Road!
Jennifer☠Pher☠
This was ok. I didn't necessarily like either character all that much but I liked the message and I really like bird shifters.

Thanks to all the Group members who provided awesome prompts with lovely pictures, the authors for writing free stories based on those prompts for all of us to read for free and the M/M Romance Group for all their hard work in putting this years Don’t Read in the Closet event, Love is an Open Road, together.
Ann
I really enjoyed the unique take on shifters in this story. It didn't follow the more typical shifter formula which I appreciated a lot because even though I enjoy an alpha shifter wolf/bear/leopard as much as the next reader they can really start to run together and the surprises can be few and far between. Instead of the story being taken over by pack politics it was all about the growing relationship between the two MC's.

Favorite thing: Reading about Kangee's raven courting Jase.
Meags
3.5 Stars

The banter between the MC's was great. I really liked Kangee, with his gruff standoffish demeanour, and Jase, with his no holds barred, in your face, smart-mouth attitude. Together they made an intriguing couple.

I particularly enjoyed all the "gift-giving" scenes. Super cute and surprisingly funny.

It also doesn't hurt that I'm a major sucker for shifter stories!

Another win for this years DRitC event!
Lori
Jun 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, dritc-2015
An enjoyable shifter story. I could easily have read more about these two! Thanks so much for your contribution to this event.
Meep
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
Thanks to the author for participating and offering this freebie.

I liked the idea of a Raven shifter, a refreshing break from the more common wolves and cats.

Kengee was interesting but I'm afraid Jase didn't really work for me, I think he'll cause an opinion divide!

I didn't get Jase never questioning Kengee was gay and his behaviour on seeking shelter in the nearly impossible to reach cabin (which appears to have both power and reliable enough to work-from-wilderness internet conne
Readlife
Let me tell you something, this book could've been like TWENTY pages, why make It a HUNDRED, huh ? why people? thats all I'm asking.

I COULDN'T READ THE LAST THREE PAGES, which Is annoying.

This little wannabe a hundred pages book will only get 2 stars because of the cute moments between whats his name and whats his name #2.

I'm just lying there were no cute moments, I just don't wanna be a bad rating person.

On a seriuos note though, I can't come up with one good thing abo
Raevyn
Jun 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
This story was for my prompt in the Don't Read in the Closet 2015 event.

Thank you, Catherine, for such fun characters and a sweet story. I Loved them together and would love to read about them again. :)
Chelsea
Very cute story! Jase was lots of fun, his non-stop mouth was very impressive! Kangee was the silent brooding type, which fit nicely with Jase. I liked how this relationship seemed realistic for being the span of 2 weeks. There was no promises of marriage and love, just lust, a large amount of affection, and something that was uniquely special, which is how it should be after only 2 weeks. Don't be worried by that though, the ending was just perfect!

The shifter side to this story was
Lorraine Lesar
Jun 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the first contribution that I have read for this event and all I can say is that the author has set the benchmark high, very high, for all the other contributors. I so enjoyed this alternative shifter story, especially Jase!
Pjm12
Maybe too long, with unnecessary rambly bits. But I did want to finish and find out how this pair made it work.

Arzu
3,5 stars
Steelwhisper
A solid effort, nice event opener.

Serena Yates
Jun 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay, shifters, read-2015
Nobody should have to live in fear just because they are different. The question of shifter acceptance has been looked at from many different angles (in fiction only), and there is a multitude of answers to what people might do if we ever did discover shifters. The main character in this book has no plans to reveal that he is a shifter to the general population, but he would like to find one person to accept and love him. Without that, the loneliness will overwhelm him sooner or later, no matter ...more
Kristan
Jase is an environmental student looking for a bear in the Colorado woods during his summer break. If he finds the bear he suspects is living there, it could mean big news for the area and for Kangee, the man living in the middle of those woods, desperately trying to keep to himself. Kangee has very little patience when it comes to other people, and when a big Resort company makes plans for the area surrounding his cabin, he decides to help the overbearing brat, Jase, track down his bear. Two we ...more
Fritz42
A interesting story about Jace, a college student and environmentalist who comes to Kilkenny,CO, looking for proof that a grizzly bear is out of his territory. He meets Kangee, a Native American who is also a raven-shifter, who lives by himself in the isolated area around the town. Kangee's home is threatened by a company who wants to buy his land in order to build a resort in the area. Kangee teams up with Jace and goes camping with him on his quest to get a picture of the bear in the area. If ...more
Isabella ~Mikku-chan~
A freebe on amazon and something new for me in the shapeshifter corner. :) I really liked Kangee and Jase.
It was a nice read, maybe a few scenes were a bit rushed but after all the most important facts were displayed and well developed. :3

Raven shapeshifter are a bit rar, it's a pleasant change from the omnipresent wolves or feline shifter... :)

4,5 out of 5 stars, rounded up. :)
Jeanne 'Divinae'
This was a different type of shifter story, though the timeline is only over one summer, so despite it not appearing to be an instant love, it is one. Jase is working on his thesis paper for college, which is in California. For his thesis he has to travel to a small town in Colorado, where he sees/meets the man of his dreams. And dreams is the best place, because in reality, his perfect man, has a thick wall around him. It doesn’t stop Jase from jackhammering his way through though.

Kangee tries
Kevin
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The first two stories this year have been about guys with secrets. They are afraid of rejection, so they hold themselves apart. In this case the man is a raven shifter. I've only read a couple stories of bird shifters. They are not as cuddly as mammals.
This is a conventional story arc. You can guess what will happen right from the start.
It is told extremely well, with believable action and sympathetic characters, it is also substantial enough to be satisfying.
F.
Jun 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great story! Loved the little gifts the raven kept giving Jase.
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
STORY INFO:
Genre: paranormal, contemporary
Tags: shifters non wolf/cat, reclusive character, smart mouth character, stubborn-as-a-mule-men, camping
Word Count: 35,638
Lila Hunter
I loved the different take on shifters. The story was interesting and fresh. I really liked how the Raven was a character on its own.
Bárbara
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it

It was surprisingly well developed for something so short. And the pace, while it could have been taken a bit too fast, felt just right. Also the contrast between the characters' personalities was definitely a plus for the dynamics.
Louan
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.75 ⭐
What can I say? Kangee was a grump, well a hot grump, Jase was an annoying, but hot brat. Sounds like a good pairing to me. Loved Kangee’s raven always giving Jase gifts, that was super cute.
Sandra

Offered for FREE from the M/M Romance Group's Love Is An Open Road event. Thank you too all the amazing authors who participated!

2.5 stars I could do without the barbed wire tatt but otherwise, Hunky pic! This wasn't bad, but it also wasn't great. The writing was too slow and repetitive for me. Basically the majority of the story is Kangee thinking about how much he wants Jase, but he's so annoying, but his raven want's him too, but he's been hurt before, but he wants him. Then the rest of the story is Jase thinking about hparticipated!
2.5
Riayl
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, shifters, mm
Annika
Dnf at 29%
Uh oh, that wasn't for me. I got very annoyed by the stereotypical characters and found nothing cute or endaring about how Jase intruded into Kangees home and even personal space. And who the hell might act like this if he just managed to convince and unwilling host to stay over ňight and then get all touchy feely without even knowing if said host is gay. Yeah, well, very unconvincing. And don't get me started on Jase being an environmentalist and the hunt for a bear. Well, I am
Nessa
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was just so adorable. Kangee is a raven shifter who loves his solitude and doesn't trust humans after being hurt in a past relationship by a guy who couldn't accept his raven. Jase sees him at a grocery store and is very attracted to Kangee. By the sound of him I'd be in lust myself. :D Kangee has somewhat of a brooding personality and can make cutting remarks towards Jase. I was so happy when they finally got together. Kangee as a raven was just so super precious since he was always bringi ...more

• How to Catch a Cheetah
  • The Dawn of Darkness
  • Salvaging Toby's Heart
  • Trying Not to Love You
  • Window
  • Blood In The Water (An Act of Piracy, #1)
  • Un/Common Ground
  • An Old-Fashioned Love Song (Woodshed, #1)
Catherine lives in Italy, country of good food and hot men. She used to write fantasy as a child, but it was reading her first gay erotic romance novel that made her realize that that was what she really wanted to write.

After graduating from college in English language and translation, she divides her day between writing, reading, taking care of her son and reading some more.