Start by marking “A Kiss Like This (Kiss and Make Up #3)” as Want to Read:
A Kiss Like This (Kiss and Make Up #3)

A Kiss Like This

(Kiss and Make Up #3)

ABIGAIL DARLINGTON IS AWKWARD…

She will never be “that” girl. You know the one: that girl on campus, confident in her own skin. Always saying the right things. Putting herself out there. Knows how to talk to a guy without stammering.

Nope. Shy but clever, and easily embarrassed, Abby is fine being the wallflower in her circle of outgoing, beautiful friends; she would rathe
Published May 31st 2015 by Sara Ney, LLC.

To ask other readers questions about A Kiss Like This, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Kiss Like This

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
I definitely need more to this story!! I enjoyed it up until the end. It was way to rushed for my liking.... I still enjoyed and loved Abby & Caleb! This whole group. Just give me more😘

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Dilinna
Jun 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Started well....but didn't keep me wanting more.... the awkwardness was becoming too much and their friends....sometimes I wanted to strangle them. Not bad though. I don't knw what is wrong...in a serious book funk. Need a book to knock me off my feet but so far nothing. I blame Kaz :''(
Kahea
***5 ‘Awkward’ Stars***

Is it any surprise that this was the book in the series I ended up adoring the most? I mean I love it when the “awkward” character comes out on top, and this one has not one but two of them! And though there were some frustrating moments perpetrated by not only th MC’s, but their friends, this book was mostly sweet, funny and full of heart.

Caleb and Abby were kind of everything. Abby is sweet and hard working. What I loved about her the most was that while she may not be
Goddess Of Blah
Jul 01, 2015 rated it did not like it
DNF 20%

Negatives

1. Ridiculous writing style - suffered a severe case of "trying TOO HARD to be funny, witty, cute, cosmo-girl and trendy" but massively failed.
description

2. Melodramatic word usage that DIDN'T MAKE ANY SENSE, e.g. there's a scene when the Heroine misplaces her ring and the Hero spots it on the ground outside his flat (soon after the Heroine had flounced off) AND he's "horrified" - eermm WHY??
Dismay I could buy, BUT horror??!! It's this sort of melodramatic language use throughout the bo
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Jul 05, 2015 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: I can't. Didn't work for me.
07/04/2015 -- Found this one on Amazon cruising for something to read. The reviews mentioned humor and I thought it'd fit my mood. Very wrong. Sometimes my Amazon cruise works, and sometimes it doesn't. This was a BIG doesn't.

In the first chapter we've equated pothead to moron twice. Not sure I agree that someone using pot should be referred to as a "pothead" equating to a moron. Seems a bit judgmental and I don't find this passive aggressive style the least bit humorous.

So, am of the opinion th
Iva
Mar 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: new-adult, romance
I forgot most of the book as soon as I read it. Not a good sign..
Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy
I feel like the entire series has been leading up to this glorious moment. A Kiss Like This is definitely my favorite of this standalone series. While Caleb "Showtime" Lockhart is a new character to the series, Abigail Darlington we met in He Kissed Me First as she is Cece's quiet and socially awkward BFF.

Caleb and Abigail are so alike that it's scary. Both are so socially awkward and both are so attracted by each other. Caleb really doesn't play into the stereotypical hockey jock stereotype, he
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
I won't lie, I had my issues with the first two books in this series, and I did consider not reading A Kiss Like This.

However, our leading lady Abby sounded like she had a bit more sense in her than the characters from the first two books, so I dived in.

And I am glad I did. Finally, some characters who weren't just whorish, horrible people (can anyone say Matthew?). I adored Abby's awkwardness, her bashfulness.

I adore that Caleb isn't the typical frat boy. He is quite awkward too, and it just ma
Lisa Mandina
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. This book actually made me think that maybe I should give shy guys a little more of a chance. But the awkwardness that the two faced in this book is so much what I dread and have dealt with in my own life as a shy person on a date with a shy guy. Unfortunately the shy guys I went out with were not hot hockey players like Caleb is. So many times as I read this though, I could feel the awkwardness coming off the page, and it felt like a chapter of my own life in that way. For me that ma ...more
Anna Doe
Apr 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
* 4-4.5 awkward stars *

A Kiss Like This is book #3 in Kiss & Make Up series.
Book #1: Kissing in Cars - review
Book #2:He Kissed Me First - review

I wasn't really a fan of Kissing in Cars, but He Kissed Me First was huge improvement comparing to the book #1. I can also say I really enjoyed this book, A Kiss Like This. This one is my favorite in the whole series.

Abby and Caleb (love the name!) are so awkwardly cute together. This is a one really sweet LOVE story. It's real and a nice change i
Amber .:★Wild Heart Reviews★:.
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series
Absolutely loved this one! The main characters re so painfully awkward that it's hilarious. They know it, everyone else knows it too and yet the characters are still completely attractive and likable. This one was a fun one to read, for sure.
Kathleen R.
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Title: A Kiss Like This
Author: Sara Ney

4 unexpected stars

As i've noticed more and more, by the third novel in the series, i knew that i'd be reading a book that was different from my usual go to genres, which i can't complain nor would i regret reading A Kiss Like This by Sara Ney. Possibly the most that made me think of The Failing Hours with the socially awkward girl, Abigail (which i can compare to Violet), and the star athlete, Caleb (which i can compare to Zeke). Their meeting wasn't on
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Rounding out the Kiss and Make Up series is the third standalone book in this series and probably my favorite book plus most unforgettable hero that Sara has written that I've read to date y'all. Seriously Caleb was everything in the very best ways and our girl Abby will have you crushing hard.

A Kiss Like This was the sweetest, most adorably "awkward" romance that I've ever read and these two together were everything. Undeniable chemistry. Zinging sparks. Catching up with old friends and
Bookgasms Book Blog
Apr 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ratula
This was the third book in the Kiss or Make up series. Abby and Caleb were really cute and heartwarming together and a great opposites attract pairing!

Caleb and Abby meeting on a really random night and couldn't be more different. She is a wallflower and he is Mr. popular college hockey goalkeeper. But what happens when a spark strikes and two people from two different worlds meet and connect? Fireworks!

While I thought this was a cute story, I just couldn't understand the conflict AT ALL. It wa
Laurie
Jul 23, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I generally do not write reviews because I'm french but this book!!

It wasn't just awkward, it was painful to read!! Let's go straight to...the Gap Teeth?! I was like: Really??? And it is not just a simple and natural gap teeth, it's an hockey accident gap teeth! So I searched Hockey Player Gap Teeth on Google and what I saw...WHAT I SAW!!! I could not forget. Every time she was obsessing about said gap teeth I was like "Eeeew!!!" So, there was the gap teeth but there was also the fact that the
Tiffany Readz

I'm Loving Awkward!

What a cute and sweet romance Sara Ney gives us with A Kiss Like This. Caleb was a complete sweetheart and Abby was his perfect, uncomfortable match.

Caleb was loveable right off the bat. There's nothing more attractive than a guy who is all that yet doesn't really know what to do with it and Caleb had it in spades. Sure, as a super-hot hockey star he's had women, but not one that he's ever wanted to stick around. Not until he finds his match in the equally beautiful, yet unas
Shannie's ⭐️Lookin' 4 My Next BBF⭐️
This was my favorite in the series. Caleb & Abby were so very cute together!! I loved they’re awkwardness & shyness. I must say they’re friends were over the top annoying but not enough to where I didn’t enjoy the story.
Meredith
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
After reading Kissing In Cars, I wasn't sure I was going to read the next two books in the trilogy. I had a hard enough time finishing the first one, but I am so glad that I kept going. I really enjoyed He Kissed Me First and absolutely loved A Kiss Like This!

Abby & Caleb's story was so cute and fun! Caleb is a brooding college hockey player who is popular, but yet socially awkward. Abby is this sweet and shy wallflower, not big on the social scene. The two of them are polar opposites, but
Samantha (WLABB)
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.5 Stars

From their rather hilarious meet-cute to their fabulous make-up, these two were all sorts of awkward, and I loved it. Caleb was an interesting hero. At first, I thought he was a broody hero, but then I learned he was just shy. His inner monologues involving approaching Abby were often amusing and sometimes, really sweet. I felt like "the conflict" was sort of weak, but overall, I enjoyed watching this two get together, and also getting an opportunity to check in with our other K
Tera
The final book in the Kiss and Make up Series!! She saved the best for last. I adored the awkwardness that is Abby and Caleb. I think I could relate to Abby a lot because I feel awkward most the time. LOL. I also really appreciated the addition of Cecelia and Matthew from the previous book.

This book had the most laugh out loud moments and so much awkwardness it really was funny or left me shaking my head. It made me want to punch all of their friends in their faces just for the sake of Abby and
ImABookAddict
Nov 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Loved the awkwardness.... then it just ended

I like grumpy heroes who end up being so sweet to the h. I especially loved that Caleb wasn't your typical jock. Plus, it was adorable how awkward they both were together. However, after the big fight (which felt so contrived), they made up and it just ended. I was so surprised that apparently there wasn't anything else after. Very abrupt which is why it lost 1 star. The other star was for the appalling way the guys in this book talked about women. The
Robin
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved that both of the main characters were awkward. You don’t have the “typical” man whore athlete. Caleb is grumpy and not so friendly but he’s just not an outgoing guy. He plays hockey and lives in the “hockey house” but he isn’t hooking up every night. I love that he was self conscious about the gap in his smile.
Abbie is quirky perfectness. She stutters and stammers, laughs when she’s nervous or embarrassed and has no idea what to do with a boy who’s interested in her.
The two of them try
Boundless Book Reviews
A Kiss Like This is an adorably awkward tale of two people, who I think we're just destined to meet. Because no one else could be as awkward

Abby is not like her friends, she’s very reserved and would rather spend nights reading at home. Then go out on the town. Caleb is the quiet one in the Hockey House, and you would rarely see him shacking up with any of those girls that hang around the hockey players.

I did love this story, and I loved the characters. Abby and Caleb together are honestly just
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Awkward heroine + awkward broody hero = fantastic book combo. So of course I dove right in!...And I'm so glad I did.
Abby and Caleb were probably the most enjoyable couple in this series to read. That's saying something because I really liked Matthew and Cece's banter in the last book.
I was really nervous reading this series since I'm a HUGE Douchebag fan but I'm so glad I did. I loved seeing (reading) Sara's writing (especially the character development) just get better and better with each bo
TSN
Jan 06, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF 45%

To sum it up:
It was New Adult, but there was nothing new about it and there wasn't very much adult behaviour in it either.

I got tired of reading about immature idiots.

And whatever you do, DON'T google "Hockey Player Gap Teeth".
You will be never be able to unsee it again!
Kelly (the book hussy)
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
So awkwardly perfect 4.25 Stars

This was super sweet and funny. Abby and Caleb were so adorably awkward. They were perfect for one another! I really enjoyed this one. I loved that Caleb was almost as innocent as Abby was. And there were some hot scenes in this one. Thanks for giving up the good stuff, Sara!
Ann
Apr 02, 2018 rated it liked it
It was cute & I liked it but it dragged a bit for me. I loved The Douchebag series so I was expecting something similar but I didn’t feel the chemistry as much as others.
Sara (A Gingerly Review)
Apr 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, physical-2017
This was a nice way to end the series! I cannot wait to share my reactions during the upcoming book blog tour.

Knowing this was the last book in the series brought a slight tear to my eye. I read all of these books back to back so I felt connected to these characters, as if they were my own friends. It was sad to see their stories come to an end.

This was the story of Abby and Caleb. Abby was introduced earlier in the series and she was not a nice person. I
Reading with 2 book lovers
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the 3rd book in this series of standalones.
I highly enjoyed abby and Caleb's story.
This story kept me entrapped right from the start.
Escape into a Booksite
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
*4 Stars*

ARC kindly received in exchange for an honest review.

I was really hoping that this book would be better than the first two, because honestly, I forced myself to read them in preparation for this one.

I was not disappointed. I really enjoyed this book and I actually read it in one sitting. I found both Abby and Caleb likeable characters and I definitely related to Abby and her awkwardness. Some of the things that happened were a little too young for their age maybe, but also with the
  • Holding Out For A Hero
  • Muse
  • Between a Highlander and a Hard Place (Highland Weddings, #5)
  • City Beautiful
  • Entangled
  • The Single Game (The Apartment Novels, #3)
  • This One's For You
  • A Sure Thing (The Donnigans, #1)
  • What If (If Only..., #2)
  • Simple Man
  • A Common Scandal (The Grantham Girls, #2)
  • Shy Kinda Love (What Kinda Love #1)
  • Ripple Effect:  Episode 1 (Ripple Effect, #1)
  • Blindsided (Roman Holiday #3)
  • The Girl from I.T.
  • Stay  (Stay #1)
  • Imperfectly Criminal (Imperfect, #2)
  • Bond Mates
Sara Ney is the USA Today Bestselling Author of the How to Date a Douchebag series, and is best known for her sexy, laugh-out-loud New Adult romances. Among her favorite vices, she includes: iced latte's, historical architecture and well-placed sarcasm. She lives colorfully, collects vintage books, art, loves flea markets, and fancies herself British.

Kiss and Make Up (3 books)
  • Kissing in Cars (Kiss and Make Up #1)
  • He Kissed Me First (Kiss and Make Up #2)
“We know you’re not gay, but quite personally, I was really beginning to wonder. Not that it would matter.” “I” 1 likes