Start by marking “Protecting Her” as Want to Read:
Protecting Her

Protecting Her (Her Series)

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  381 Ratings  ·  83 Reviews
I don’t do love. Hearts, flowers, dates, girlfriends, it’s all pointless. Why tie yourself down to one person when you can have a different one every night? Sure there have been a few that have intrigued me but none ever made me think about hanging around. No one ever haunted my thoughts after I left.

Until Her.

I just wanted one night of freedom. A chance to live without pr
Published (first published June 15th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Protecting Her, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Protecting Her

* A review copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review *

~ 4.5 Stars `

There is ones real reason I will always read an Alexis Noelle book and that is because even though her books are on the shorter side and are quick reads, they surely do pack a punch!!! Protecting Her was no different.

Protecting Her gets right to the point in the first chapter and it keeps you going all the way through. This story was filled with action, mystery, suspense, laughter, and romance. I will
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Amazing read! This is a new author to me and I was thoroughly impressed with this sexy, sweet, and suspenseful standalone. This book grabbed me from the beginning and devoured me whole by the end. This book was a sexy romance that was edgy and super intense at times.

This is Samantha and Hunter's story. Samantha has it all . . . well not really. She is a sexy and seductive pop star by profession but that is not her. Living under her mother's rule, she is alone and not happy. She wants to
Babbling Chatter  Reads
Jun 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Wow. Oh my God. The beginning of this book just dove into the story right off the bat, which I really appreciated and loved. Sometimes, it's the best way to catch your readers' attention and keep the interest of the audience. And for me, it really worked. I found it hard to stop after I started. It won't drag you through boring introductions or narratives.—you just jump right into the lives of Samantha Baker & Hunter Stone. Oh! And since the start of this one dives right into the story, a co ...more
Mignon Mykel
Jul 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 /5 stars
Received an arc through author in exchange for an honest review.

I almost gave up on this book.

Recently, I decided that it's ok to give a book a DNF rating. I try hard to at least skim a book I don't like to find something to write about. Maybe the plot was good, just not written how I'd like. Maybe the characters were fairly rounded, I just couldn't connect with them. Just because I don't like a book doesn't mean I can't find something that somebody somewhere would like.

And while tha
Renee Entress from Renee Entress's Blog
5 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story flowed well and I was able to connect with the characters. The story has laughs, betrayal, secrets, suspense, and heartbreak.

This is Samantha and Hunter’s story. Samantha meets Hunter but after one hot sex session he walks away. When the next day he is hired to be her protection detail she realizes things could be difficult. He is just around her to do a job. She needs to find a way no to be attracted to the jerk that she knows he is. But when
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read. I really need to read more of this authors books as the ones I've read so far have been brilliant.

Hunter is a one night stand kinda man. He doesn't want to love anyone so he refuses to get close to anyone. Then Sam enters his life. His whole life changes when he meets her.

Two great characters. Although Hunter was portrayed as a twat at the beginning he gradually took a piece of my heart. I was so rooting that Sam would grow a backbone and stand up for herself.

This book exceede
Meaghan Royce- Love Infinity Book Blog
Protecting Her is the story of Hunter and Sam. Hunter's a self-proclaimed asshole who never sleeps with the same woman more than once. Sam is a superstar signer who never lets anyone in. Together, they build a relationship with lots of obstacles along the way. They're both afraid to let someone on because they don't want to get hurt. I loved this story. Alexis Noelle definitely knows how to keep you guessing until the very end. I hated, loathed, despised, Sam's mother, and totally loved, then ha ...more
Myra Espino
Jun 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
~Ms. Me28~

One of the best books I've read!
I was addicted with this book!
Hunter and Sam are amazing.
At first, I was kind of pissed at Hunter because of the way he treated women but as the story goes, I fell in love with his character.
Because of an unexpected job, Hunter and Sam met again.
As the story goes, things will get interesting and more intriguing as the stalker is worming its way to spook and threatened Sam.
Hunter will do anything to protect her...but will his effort be enough?
Ms. Ale
Jamie
Jul 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Alexis is a new to me author. I picked up this book and Keeping Her at an author event I went too.

If you want something fluffy, heartwarming, sweet and super cute, this is the story for you. I don't want to give away any spoilers so I'll keep this short and sweet.
This story gripped me, I couldn't put it down. Alexis was able to keep me entertained. I laughed out loud, and my heart weeped for the characters. If you're in the mood for a sweet love story, this is the book for you.
Julz
Sep 30, 2015 rated it did not like it
warning this book contains a cheater!! I don't care if he was supposedly drugged. surely he would have recognised the heroine!!! but no he calls her 'no one' sorry totally spoilt the whole story!
Emily

Recommend: No
Re-read: Not a chance
Read more from author: Undecided
Alissa Evanson- A is for Alpha B is for Books

"Most people tell me I'm an asshole, and honestly they're right. I have no interest in taking a chick out on a date, pretending like I give a shit what she is talking about and then lying, and saying I'll call her the next day. I would rather go to her place, fuck her good, and leave with no expectations of speaking to her again. If you think about it, I'm doing these chicks a favor by not leading them on."

Finding a woman to spend the night with (if even that) is becoming a challenge. Most of
FMR Book Grind
Jun 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
HEATHER'S REVIEW
4.5 STARS

When Hunter took the position of body guard for high profile performer, Samantha he would have never guessed that the smoking blonde was also the smoking brunette he bagged then kicked out right after the night before.
After suffering a loss, Hunter refuses to form any personal attachments and never goes for repeats.....until Sam. With a threat looming to harm Sam can Hunter protect her while protecting his heart?
Protecting Her was a quick fun read. The characters were aw
Books Laid Bare
Jun 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have become a huge fan of Alexis Noelle and this book just confirms my devotion – the woman has this writing malarkey nailed!!
Protecting Her is the story of Hunter and Samantha and they while they are the strangest of bedfellows the have more in common that you would originally think.
Hunter is hired by Samantha’s mother – what as I her you say – well I think the title of the book really should have you barking up the right tree – he is her bodyguard.
But there is more to the pair of them than
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
I love this author and I love this story. I didn't even send any hate e-mail to her during or after reading this !! She almost went easy on us !! Just when I got comfy and was blissfully happy with how things were going BOOM out of nowhere we get slammed with a twist and a gut wrenching event. There was a topic in this story that is sadly such a real life issue it was great to see an author tackle the issue and have the character come out on top of it. Hunter may come off as the typical bad boy ...more
Flick
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
This is the first book of Alexis’s that I have read but the description above sucked me in and intrigued me enough to want to read more. The book is told in duel points of view which I like. It starts of with Hunter.

Hunter by name, Hunter by nature it seems. Woman are good for one thing only and dark haired, green eyed beauty at the bar was his next target …….. A quick encounter in the bars managers office followed by a even quicker dismissal and it’s mission completed.

Unfortunately though for h
Gretchen Anderson
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG! I so love Alexis Noelle and her books! I’ve not read one that’s bad! This series is so awesome!!!!

Keeping Her is Brian and Julia’s story. It’s soooooo good. Lies, misunderstanding, attempted murder, romance, sadness. It’s really got everything you could want in one perfect story.

Protecting Her….OMG Samantha & Hunter. WOW! This one is explosive! Sam is feisty in her own right but Hunter is a class A jerk! At least at the beginning. Hunter is the perfect one night stand, never the same g
Cynthia
Jun 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-suspense
When I first picked up this book and started to read I thought OMG not another book just about sex. I wondered if I would be able to finish it and give a review. After I got through the first few chapters the author really pulled the story together for me. She even throw in a few surprises that I didn’t see coming.

Hunter has a different girl each night why have just one when you can have almost any you want. He is up front they know the score. They say we are the way we are because of things fr
Irene
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I received an ARC from the author through Give Me Books

This is my first read by Alexis......
I have to say WOW!! The beginning of the book was freaking hawt.

You meet 2 characters who never met before and had a one night stand.
The next thing you know these 2 people are put into a room together and what do you get? Attitude!
Samantha who is a star meets Hunter who will now be her security. It took a minute for Hunter to realize who Sam was. Then it hit him....and it hit him hard.
These two their ban
Melissa Mendoza
Jul 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Received a copy in exchange for an honest review

“Hunter presses himself against me. He grinds into me as he kisses me, his tongue slipping into my mouth, coaxing a moan to slip out of me. I try to lift my hand and reach Hunter, who is standing in front of me, pressed against my legs, but it’s like I’m glued to the wall.”

4 stars. I loved the whole bodyguard falling in love with the star theme!! Was it slightly predictable at times, yes, but I loved it either way!! And Hunter is sexy as h@ll!!

I do
Lora
Jun 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 out of 5 stars

Hunter and Samantha are two people who would only cross paths in the way they do in this book - he starts working for her. Hunter is hired by Samantha’s mother to be her new bodyguard. They actually have a previous connection that neither of them is ready to admit to each other - or anyone else for that matter.

However, just because their paths wouldn’t have crossed, doesn’t mean that they don’t have plenty in common. They are both scared to open themselves up to anyone because t
BooksandBeyondFiftyShades
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*✫)
.•.•*)✯ .•*)
✮ (.•✶ (★•**•. ★5 STAR REVIEW ★•**•. ★

Protecting Her
By: Alexis Noelle
Amazon US: htt://goo.gl/ShKsYO

Samantha had everything fame, money, fans that adore her, but underneath all that she felt alone. Her mother was interested in only her fame and not the person she was her daughter. She had worked hard for everything she had so when her life was in danger her mother hired a bodyguard someone that would keep her safe, but how would safe her from all the evil her mother represented?

Hun
Stephannie Tolitsky- Swoon Worthy Books /Enticing Journey Boo
Hunter doesn't do love, dates, girlfriends anything that's more than one night. Why tie yourself down to just one girl when you can have a different girl each night? It wasn't until he met her that he wanted more than one night with someone.

Samantha just wanted one night of freedom where no one judged her or pryed into her life. Just one night...
But she met him and he hypnotized her. She got caught up in him and after it felt like the biggest mistake ever. He was cold to me after. I felt cheap
Stacy
Jun 07, 2015 rated it really liked it

This was a good story. I really liked it. No need to recap you can read the synopsis so I will just jump to it and give you my opinion. So let me start with the 2 main characters. You have Sam, the rock star and Hunter, the self proclaimed asshole. I liked Sam's character and felt almost sorry for her. She was easy to relate to if I was a late teen early 20 something rock star who just wanted to be loved by her mom. Now for Hunter. Yep I hated him at first. He was cocky and arrogant and
Lita Thomas
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC copy of the book for a honest review. Protecting Her by Alexis Noelle Samantha Blake is a star with an overbearing mother/manager. One night she decides to sneak out and meets Hunter Stone. Hunter stone is a real tool/ douche. He is what I would call a hit it and go type of guy. He has his own issues and doesn’t want to get close to anyone so that is why he just goes from one girl to another and never sleeps with the same girl twice. Hunter is looking for fresh meat and he see ...more
Tonya
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review from Abibliophobia Anonymous Book Reviews

This is the first book by Alexis Noelle that I have had the pleasure of reading. I have now added her to my must read list. I was very impressed with this book. I had problems putting it down and read it in one day. It has a little bit of everything in it and will keep you on the edge of your seat for most of the book!

Samantha Baker is an actress and singer. Her mother is a major bitch to her and is also her manager. She’s never good enough for her
Barbara
Jun 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: love-story
I liked this story very much. It pulled you in immediately and at first you wanted to hate Hunter but he turned out to be the best thing to ever happen to Samantha. Samantha is an aspiring beautiful actress, doing personal appearances, modeling, etc. and because she is famous she needed a body guard. In walks gorgeous, sexy Hunter. Since she wasn't the one to hire him, imagine both their surprise when they both know each other from a one night hook up. The chemistry between them is like firework ...more
The Book Fairy Reviews
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hunter the man that loves them then leaves them never to come back for more. Yeah, until he had no choice but to see his last conquest again and again.
Sam just wanted to be seen as her not the person that everyone else sees and judges she wanted for some one to notice her. What she didn't want was to be used and tossed aside. She thought her little excursion disaster for her freedom and anonymity failure wouldn't haunt her again, until she meets the new body guard.
So ladies yes this book is sor
Jennifer Schultheis
Jun 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: mnp
I received this book as a gift in exchange for an honest review.

Protecting Her is my first book by Alexis Noelle, so I had no idea what to expect before diving in. I will say that I had no problem following the story and it was easy to read, as there were no spelling mistakes or anything distracting like that. I also really enjoy the cover, I could see people buying this book based on that alone.

However, I did not like either character. I have no love for Hunter or Sam. Hunter is an a-hole and
Jessica
Jun 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Protecting Her starts out strong and doesn't let up for a single moment. The characters and their world pulls you in - you're both entertained and enchanted by them. (Well, maybe not by Samantha's mom).

Holy freaking chemistry. Sam and Hunter connect instantly and their adventure together starts after they share one lustful evening at a club. It ends poorly (and that's putting it nicely) and it feels like Hunter will be one more thing that Samantha has to endure in her life.

Yet, the two become
  • Stepbrother Aflame
  • If I Seem Dangerous
  • Irons 3 (Norfolk #3)
  • Getting Lucky (Jail Bait, #4)
  • The Con
  • Impossible Promise (The Unchecked Series, #1)
  • Wanderlust
  • Cruiser (Cruiser & Lex, #1)
  • Touch (Sovereign, #1)
  • Her Destiny (Reverie, #2)
  • My Obsession (Club Desire, #1)
  • Vision of Hope (Infinity, #3)
  • Collision (Portland Street Kings #1)
  • Blackout (Lost Girls #1)
  • Twirled Bond (Holly Woods Files, #5)
  • Unexpected Chance  (Running Into Love, #6)
  • Off Limits
  • Caught in Us (Lost, #3)
Alexis Noelle lives in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania with her husband, and three kids. On top a writing career, she is a full-time student and a full-time mom. She loves spending time with her kids, although she has to hide the computer from them when she is writing! She love being active and being outdoors, especially if it involves any kind of shopping.
She has always been passionate about writing.
More about Alexis Noelle...

Her Series (4 books)