Start by marking “Girls Breaking The Rules (Alexa)” as Want to Read:
Girls Breaking The Rules (Alexa)

Girls Breaking The Rules (Alexa)

Meet Alexa; Flighty, flirty and lots of fun. A beautician by day, by night she works a pole.

Strong in mind and body, no one messes with this sharp tongued girl, and no one can look away when she’s strutting her stuff.

Johnny Murphy is a handsome Dubliner with a knicker-dropping accent, and bundles of charm. He’s also the brother of Tash’s boyfriend, James.

Like all good s
Published (first published October 7th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Girls Breaking The Rules, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Girls Breaking The Rules

Michelle
Jun 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Just brilliant

This series just keeps getting better I m dyin to start book 3 this book is about Alexa/Lex the books does carry on from the last book but in Alexa pov an I have to say she is super sexy with legs that go on for days I was dyin to know more about her an God did I in this book an I still feel that I want to know more an this author really knows how to keep me guessing about things which I just luv an then again the endin just had me wantin more it's not really as bad as the first
Emma Allsop - Perusing Princesses
4 Crowns

Book 2 in a novella series about 3 fun loving girlfriends. I highly recommend reading book 1, Tash before embarking on this read.

Alexa is a party girl who loves the men, so the dry spell she is going through is kicking her arse. Beauty Therapist by day, Pole dance instructor by night, she has the looks, the personality and the body that all men want… and some women too.

The girls are back from Marbella, Tash has found happiness with James and so now it’s time Alexa got back in the saddle
Kelly Anne  O'Connor
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The girls are back ! Buckle up it's one hell of a ride !

I was a huge fan of Kelsey's debut novel Tash and had been dying to read more from this series of fun time girls.
So it's all about Alexa or Lex as she is known to her friends. She a beautician by day, pole dancer teacher by night.
Lex loves a good time and is not opposed to some one on one girl action with her best mate Shel ( very hot toilet scene) but she is still a fan of meat it's just the case of the right one. Johnny, ( brother of Jam
Kim Sutton
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing

I received an ARC for my honest review.

After reading and loving the first book in this series Tash's story, I couldn't wait for this one to be released! I loved reading about the three girlfriends again, this time it is Alexa's story(Lexi). We also get to see how Tash and James's relationship is progressing and let's just say I like it a lot!

Lexi is a beautician that also teaches pole dancing, she's a strong single independent woman, she hooks up with James's brother Johnny and sparks fly. It's
MJ
Sep 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-books
With book two in the Girls Breaking the Rules trilogy, Kelsey Burns has certainly proven she is not just a flash in the pan. With Alexa, we get a much more meatier read that kept me captivated from the very first words.

The author pairs Alexa with Johnny, a local barkeep, and the sparks are flying off the pages immediately. Their love story is not as simple as it seems and with some mystery surrounding Johnny, our girl might be nursing a broken heart.

The entire crew is on board and they provide t
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
After reading Tash's story I could wait for Alexa's and it was definitely worth the wait! Alexa is a great character, has the humour and is very strong as well as the ability to pull a hot Irish man!! One lucky lady for sure! Jonny is a great character, he's lovely, kind, hot and did I mention Irish? Yes I love the Irish accent and reading it in the book imagining it was brilliant for me!
Alexa, Tash and Shelby are best friends, tell each other everything and share everything! I love the banter b
Rhonda
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given this ARC (Advanced Reader Copy) for an honest review.

There is nothing better than 3 best friends & when those 3 best friends are breaking the rules it is even better. In the first novella, we met Tash & James & were pleasantly pleased with their characters.

In the the 2nd novella we are introduced to Lexa & Johnny. The sparks fly fairly quickly with these two - hot sparks that is. The author brought the chemistry between these two to the forefront of the story. I do b
Lindsey Melia
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Johnny and Alexa..... where do I begin!!?? If I taught Tashes book had got me hooked on kelseys writing I was so wrong. YES that book drew me in. BUT lexi's book..... holy crap was that good!!! Angst, drama, steam!!! It has everything I flove in a book.

Another thing I loved was seen how much Kelseys writing has changed. The growth in her writing is unreal considering both this and the first book released so close to one another.

I don't wanna say much about this couple. Just know you will be su
Book-Lover Book Blog
*book received in exchange for an honest review*

My goodness, I thought I loved the first book in this short novella series but I've just been blown away by Alexa. There's hot sex and scenes that make you feel the characters pain. Alexa goes through the mill a bit in this story and we get a little background on this intriguing character.

I loved that the characters descriptions never changed from the first book (as in some books they do!) I love that the personalities were just as strong as the f
Tasha Williams (Red's Midnight Readers)
I was given an ARC of this in exchange for an honest review!!

I loved Kelsey's debut novel "Tash", which left me needing the part of the girl's story and boy! I could not wait!!!

And WOW!!!! Alexa did NOT disappoint. Infact it was A-MA-ZING!!! I devoured this in one go, as i didn't want to nor could i put it down. It's fun and quirky, with enough drama to keep it real.
Kelsey draws you in and keeps you there with this fantastic story!! It's most definitely a page turner. If Girls breaking the rules
CDBW
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Crazy Ass Stars!!!!

I'm really enjoying this series! Since reading Tash a while back, I've been waiting to read this and catching up on the GBTR girls. I liked catching up with Tash and James. Hoping that situation with Jack is dealt with.

I FLOVE Alexa! She is so hilarious. I was ecstatic for her when she and Johnny got together. Okay, I'm just going to shut up now before I give away any more.

This is another great read by Kelsey Burns. It is sure to have you laughing, swooning, maybe feelin
Emma White
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A must read. I loved Tash, but now Alexa is so much more,
It has everything you could want and more.
Sexy Irish brothers !!!
love romance and drama.
go get a copy now!
Stefanie Kral
✯✯3.5 Alexa Sized Stars!!!✯✯

Alexa is the 2nd book in this novella series. It's about 3 best friends who've gone on vacation. The first book was based on Tash and James story. Now the girls are home and it's Alexa turn to find love. The sexy firefighter turned lover to Tash has a very sexy brother Johnny. Johnny and James didn't grow up together all the time. Johnny ended up growing up in Ireland. He's back now with a wicked sexy Irish accent and they own/run the pub.

Alexa loves men. She's go
Emma Harris
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-arc
**4.5 sizzling stars!!**

Synopsis:

Meet Alexa; Flighty, flirty and lots of fun. A beautician by day, by night she works a pole .

Like all good stories, it begins in the pub, but can drunken flirting lead to something else?

Will they be
The
Oct 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Love and girl power….

“I thought I knew what love was, but I now realize all I’ve ever know was good sex, with a fascination for more.”

This is the second in the series and is another story rife with love, sex and, above all, unbreakable friendship. It’s Alexa’s turn with cupid’s arrow as she falls long and hard for Johnny Murphy. Johnny just happens to be brother to James who is in love with Tash. Sound complicated? Not at all, as Lex and Johnny find their own way to true love as sharing smolderi
Blogging For The Love  Of Authors And Their Books
*****Kim's Review!*****

I received an ARC for my honest review.

Ashley Heather
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant ! Absolutely a top read!
I thought I really liked the first book in this series but this one is even better I loved this story.

As this is the second book in the series it brings back the fabulous characters and allows us to not only catch up with how their lives have been but introduces a few new characters.

The 3 girls are still as sassy, sexy and quick witted as ever.
This second novella follows in particular Alexa and delves into her personality a whole lot more and all I can say i
LaVida Brisco - One Last Page Book Blog
Lex

***ARC provided in exchange for honest review***

Once again we have a totally fun and flirty read from the delightful Kelsey Burns. In her debut book we met three gal pals by the names of Tash (who the book was about), Alexa and Shel who love to have a good time and make their own rules. Now its Alexa's turn. She a beautician by day and pole instructor by night who does what it takes to protect her friends and her heart but not afraid of having a good time. Johnny is a Irish bar owner who's ba
Fee (Ebook Addicts)
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, read-in-2015
** I received a ARC of this book in exchange for my honest review **

I absolutely loved Tash's story and I could not wait to read Alexa's, in fact I was so excited I read it one sitting!

In this novella we are introduced to Alexa or Lex and Johnny a hot Irishman who also happens to be James brother. The chemistry between them is off the charts and the sparks fly. I loved what we got to see of Lex in book one and this one will not disappoint, with a little bit of romance, steamy sex and some drama
Fiona Wilson
Oct 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads
I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Once again this is a quick read, but it has so much within its pages you won't be disappointed.

Alexa is a livewire! She needs someone to take her in hand, but as yet she hasn't found anyone brave enough.

Enter Johnny, brother of James from book 1. When these two meet all bets are off. Be prepared to hold onto your hat, and your knickers, as Alexa and Johnny flirt, and more!
Donna Alam
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Brilliantly funny and relatable. We can all identify with this group of friends, and their antics will keep you reading on until the wee hours. But more than that, Kelsey has stepped up the angst and feels factor in this edition. There are secrets and their reveals, as well as plenty of lust, love and laughter. Five stars!
Caroline Fletcher
Sep 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to get a preview of this book from the lovely Kelsey Burns and it did not disappoint. Anyone who has previously read Tash must read this sequel.......it's just as hot but the storyline has given a new depth to the characters which made it hard to put down. Well Done Kelsey......keep em coming :)
Amber Eckstein
Sep 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Arc given for an honest opinion

3 best friends breaking all the rules! Heckkkk yeah!! Lex happens to be my favorite. Beautician at night. Pole dancer at night.

Going through the book is amazing. I loved it. Can't wait to read more.
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
Apr 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
I enjoyed this one, but yet didn't love it.
It was a fun and quick read.
But some parts could have been left out but in the end it was good!
Some parts were a bit confusing because of time frame and all.
Ann (Literary Lust)
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a fab read! This is the second book in the Girls Breaking The Rules series and this book continues the story where the first ended but highlights Alexa, one of the of the girls breaking those rules! I absolutely love the humour in these books, I have been laughing out loud numerous times. If you fancy a quick read that is hot, funny and an absolute pleasure, then I'd totally recommend this series.
Donna Tutin
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I was itching to get my hands on this 2nd book in the GBTR Novella Series, after enjoying book 1 so much I was eager to get stuck in.

Yet again Kelsey did not disappoint. The comradery that i loved so much in book one was ever present, along with the banter and humour, keeping this a light and enjoyable read of the best kind.

Alexa - a beautician with some extra special pole dancing skills, who also has a taste for a little sexy time with her friend Shelby (be warned this scene is hot!!) and Johnn
Stacey
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading Tash I was so looking forward to getting straight onto this as I knew I would be in for a treat!

Though it is focussed on life from Alexa's POV I love how it carries on from where Tash left off so it feels like they are all part of the same story. Some new characters are introduced including the enigmatic Irishman Johnny (I think I've mentioned before that I love an Irishman!). Johnny and Lex make such a great couple.

This story though drops a couple of bombshells, one of them I had
Alice J.
Sep 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Girls Breaking Rules is a three part series focusing on three best friends and this one is about Alexa. She's young and feisty. She works hard through the day as a beautician and at night, works on the pole. She loves life and can't get enough. When Johnny comes into her life she can't get enough of him and at first isn't willing to admit the spark that's there, but as the story progresses so do the flirtations and it's not long before she's falling hard.

Despite the fact that this isn't a genre
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
Another enjoyable read in this series. I've been looking forward to reading Alexa's story as she is highly entertaining. I loved Johnny! They are both hilarious and will keep you entertained. I love the things that come out of both their mouths and who doesn't love a man with an Irish accent? Alexa is up to her crazy ways protecting her girls but will it bite her in the end? Will their past keep them from finding their happy ending?

Don't miss out on this series. These books will suck you right
Michaela Bishop
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG where do I start? ? Alexa and Johnny what an amazing couple. The author has done a brilliant job in this book! Get a hot steamy relationship with some very hot scenes, a crazy ex and a baby on the way and what do you get?? You get alexa. An amazing story written by kelsey and just when I thought it couldn't get any better then tash! You went and proved me wrong kelsey. Well done l I recommend this series to anyone and everyone it is absolutely amazing! I would give it more than 5 stars if it ...more
I'm a fun loving girl who loves spending time with fellow authors, readers and bloggers discussing everything book related. This normally includes wine.

My next favourite thing is travelling. Soaking up the sun and sitting by the pool with my kindle is my idea of heaven.

Find me here: